Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding (27404 Views)

8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding / Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by mentorandfriend(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Well done op.
*Modified*
For women of child bearing age, uterine fibroids are the commonest causes. It is almost always the cause for mennorrhagia especially among African women.

Other uncommon causes could be blood dyscrasias such as haemophilia A or B, etc. But these causes are so rare.
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by layinkakeem(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
All I see here is K,K,K
Just take em noted, that's all
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Bidex6444(m): 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
I know that most ladies won't come and comment cos most of dem re flooded with issues likes dis. 80 percent of the people dat drop one comment or the other are guys . I pity ladies oooo

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Yuck embarassed
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Cigarrete and unfaithfullness cry
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
naijainfogalery:
educative but mehn how am i going to eat this evening now without thinking of red flag

Must you eat
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by ugosonics: 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
babes meet a dr. oo.

visit http://234data.com to buy cheap internet data
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Vicjustice:
Irregular menstruation, prolong menstruation, or excessive bleeding etc are way more common with Caucasians (white people).

Really?.......l thought it is also common with other ethnic groups/race....like people of color (blacks)
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by gistabout(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
you are a good teacher...
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by STARSHYNE(f): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
My bestie do bleed excessively for seven days.....Doctor said she's fine........I always pity her whenever she's on
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by MKO4ever(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
The picture though. should have warned of graphic image
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
sheraap all you hypocrites,i won vomit,i cant eat,when una go dey find the punnies by fire by force,they do treasure anyhow, dey splash una hard earned money on the babe,just for her to open the punny make una enjoy,una no go remember again say, im they bleed, some of you dy even put mouth suck am like orange.make i hear word men,una dey punny crazy..and meanwhile i dont know why men they comment on a purely female issue,una no get job and dignity..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Xb4Real:
Damn it! una no want make person chop dis night, abi?
sherrap why you come read the post in the first place,are you are girl...

2 Likes

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by tiwasiaife(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
planbwellness:
CAUSES OF EXCESSIVE MENSTRUAL BLEEDING

Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods, or menorrhagia, are the most common type of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Periods are considered heavy if there is enough blood to soak a pad or tampon every hour for several consecutive hours. Other symptoms of a heavy period can include:

Nighttime bleeding that requires getting up to change pads or tampons

Passing large blood clots during menstruation

A period that lasts longer than seven days

In severe cases, heavy menstruation can interfere with sleep and daily activities. Blood loss from heavy periods can also lead to anaemia, causing symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath.

In some cases, the cause of heavy menstrual bleeding is unknown, but a number of conditions may cause menorrhagia. Common causes include:

Hormone imbalance - In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, the endometrium develops in excess and eventually sheds by way of heavy menstrual bleeding.

Dysfunction of the Ovaries – If your ovaries don’t release an egg (ovulate) during a menstrual cycle (anovulation), your body doesn’t produce the hormone progesterone, as it would during a normal menstrual cycle. This leads to hormone imbalance and may result in menorrhagia.

Uterine Fibroids – These noncancerous (benign) tumors of the uterus appear during your childbearing years. Uterine fibroids may cause heavier than normal or prolonged menstrual bleeding. Read about how to get rid of fibroids without surgery here…

Polyps – Small, benign growths on the lining of the uterus (uterine polyps) may cause heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding. Polyps of the uterus most commonly occur in women of reproductive age as the result of high hormone levels.

Adenomyosis – This condition occurs when glands from the endometrium become embedded in the uterine muscle, often causing heavy bleeding and painful menses. Adenomyosis is most likely to develop if you’re a middle-aged woman who has had children.

Intrauterine Device (IUD) – Menorrhagia is a well-known side effect of using a nonhormonal intrauterine device for birth control. When an IUD is the cause of excessive menstrual bleeding, you may need to remove it.

Pregnancy Complications – A single, heavy, late period may be due to a miscarriage. If bleeding occurs at the usual time of menstruation, however, miscarriage is unlikely to be the cause. An ectopic pregnancy — implantation of a fertilized egg within the fallopian tube instead of the uterus — also may cause menorrhagia.

Cancer – Rarely, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer can cause excessive menstrual bleeding.

Inherited Bleeding Disorders – Some blood coagulation disorders — such as von Willebrand’s disease, a condition in which an important blood-clotting factor is deficient or impaired — can cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.

Medications – Certain drugs, including anti-inflammatory medications and anticoagulants, can contribute to heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding.

Other medical conditions – A number of other medical conditions, including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), thyroid problems, endometriosis, and liver or kidney disease, may be associated with menorrhagia.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/heavy-period-causes-treatments

Op thank. Please what are the remedies cos as am talking to u a have someone who is suffering from this excessive bleeding the blood she passes out is excess and thick and she feels weak though she has given birth as a single mother at the age of 20. please tell non harmful method she will go about treating this cos she kept going to the hospital every time she has menstruation. thank. as u help me out.
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edusouls:
sheraap all you hypocrites,i won vomit,i cant eat,when una go dey find the punnies by fire by force,they do treasure anyhow, dey splash una hard earned money on the babe,just for her to open the punny make una enjoy,una no go remember again say, im they bleed, some of you dy even put mouth suck am like orange.make i hear word men,una dey punny crazy..and meanwhile i dont know why men they comment on a purely female issue,una no get job and dignity..

Chai, lmao, u go make some peeps no eat this night o , but na true u talk sha......hahaha grin grin
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
seedorfg:
too much of phuckong
monkey, u always talk senselessly
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
KINGTELLER:
God really took time to create Man..I just imagine how women cope... It is well with the female folks
waiting una guys dy rush comment for topic wey no concern men at all, chai idleness bad..
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
LordEmperoris1:
kk
kk for what,are you a female,do you have vagina, why so interested in it, while ur mates men are making money out there..
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
naijainfogalery:
educative but mehn how am i going to eat this evening now without thinking of red flag
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
naijainfogalery:
sherrap why did you read the post in the first place, are you a female,or do you have vagina,jobless guys too much here.ol boy go sit down.
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
countsparrow:
Yukkkkkk!!!

Dis topic just fkuced up my meal...

FTC se sweet me like mad #dancing to Falila Ketan

sherrapp when u go dy chase am like mad nahh, u no go remember say im dey bleed..
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
Insightful
dumb man, na this one go interest you die,see im mouth like insightful, go and get insighted in something that will better your life and not the knowlegde of woman punnies disorder,chai guy u too idle...
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Edusouls(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
lolaxavier:
Let me check myself first...sorry i don forget say i no be woman...
mad man
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by seedorfg(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
YOU RE A FOOOOOOL @ EDUSOULS
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by zainyola(f): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Sowie tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edusouls:
dumb man, na this one go interest you die,see im mouth like insightful, go and get insighted in something that will better your life and not the knowlegde of woman punnies disorder,chai guy u too idle...
Well I hate quoting people on NL but I think you deserve one. If I may ask do you in anyway have sisters, female close friends or do you even care to know more about the reproductive physiology of your woman??. I bet you don't. Non medics like you will always get carried away with posts like this. Once again the post is INSIGHTFUL to me cos I've got what I need to learn from it. Pls don't quote me again if you don't mind. About the issue of being idle, well only empty drums make noise

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Ishilove: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Well done op.
*Modified*
For women of child bearing age, uterine fibroids are the commonest causes. It is almost always the cause for mennorrhagia especially among African women.

Other uncommon causes could be blood dyscrasias such as haemophilia A or B, etc. But these causes are so rare.
Are there non-surgical treatments for uterine fibroids?
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edusouls:
You wey dey quote every comment nko? Mr Man, na you idle pass.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
What if someone has scanty menstruation.
Some people are never stained, use only small ball of cotton wool and never experience pain.

What could be the problem?
Re: Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding by MrCork: 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
planbwellness:
CAUSES OF EXCESSIVE MENSTRUAL BLEEDING

Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods, or menorrhagia, are the most common type of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Periods are considered heavy if there is enough blood to soak a pad or tampon every hour for several consecutive hours. Other symptoms of a heavy period can include:

Nighttime bleeding that requires getting up to change pads or tampons

Passing large blood clots during menstruation

A period that lasts longer than seven days

In severe cases, heavy menstruation can interfere with sleep and daily activities. Blood loss from heavy periods can also lead to anaemia, causing symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath.

In some cases, the cause of heavy menstrual bleeding is unknown, but a number of conditions may cause menorrhagia. Common causes include:

Hormone imbalance - In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, the endometrium develops in excess and eventually sheds by way of heavy menstrual bleeding.

Dysfunction of the Ovaries – If your ovaries don’t release an egg (ovulate) during a menstrual cycle (anovulation), your body doesn’t produce the hormone progesterone, as it would during a normal menstrual cycle. This leads to hormone imbalance and may result in menorrhagia.

Uterine Fibroids – These noncancerous (benign) tumors of the uterus appear during your childbearing years. Uterine fibroids may cause heavier than normal or prolonged menstrual bleeding. Read about how to get rid of fibroids without surgery here…

Polyps – Small, benign growths on the lining of the uterus (uterine polyps) may cause heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding. Polyps of the uterus most commonly occur in women of reproductive age as the result of high hormone levels.

Adenomyosis – This condition occurs when glands from the endometrium become embedded in the uterine muscle, often causing heavy bleeding and painful menses. Adenomyosis is most likely to develop if you’re a middle-aged woman who has had children.

Intrauterine Device (IUD) – Menorrhagia is a well-known side effect of using a nonhormonal intrauterine device for birth control. When an IUD is the cause of excessive menstrual bleeding, you may need to remove it.

Pregnancy Complications – A single, heavy, late period may be due to a miscarriage. If bleeding occurs at the usual time of menstruation, however, miscarriage is unlikely to be the cause. An ectopic pregnancy — implantation of a fertilized egg within the fallopian tube instead of the uterus — also may cause menorrhagia.

Cancer – Rarely, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer can cause excessive menstrual bleeding.

Inherited Bleeding Disorders – Some blood coagulation disorders — such as von Willebrand’s disease, a condition in which an important blood-clotting factor is deficient or impaired — can cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.

Medications – Certain drugs, including anti-inflammatory medications and anticoagulants, can contribute to heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding.

Other medical conditions – A number of other medical conditions, including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), thyroid problems, endometriosis, and liver or kidney disease, may be associated with menorrhagia.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/heavy-period-causes-treatments

...is this topic about punnny?...Pictures pliease!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Be Cautious": Ikpeazu Speaks From Isolation Center Over His COVID-19 Infection / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Africa Hits 700 As Cases Rise To 13,145 / Second Wave: Travels, School Reopening Caused COVID-19 Surge – PTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.