Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) (1097 Views)

Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA / Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) by daddynasa: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Its no longer news about the rumour concerning the death of the Oba of Benin. Here in Benin it has been since December 2014. According to our strong tradition we don't say the Oba is dead, there is a parable for that, and also the death of the Oba is usually not announced to the public until all rituals have been carried out which usually take about 3 months. we the binis have been waiting for the confirmation.
From my investigations,
<b>1</b>The USELU traditional ground was cleared and is undergoing construction (Fencing) .NB: USELU traditional ground is one of the traditional ground where a new Oba is taken during coronation. and this ground has never be cleared since i was born and am 28yrs old
<b>2</b>From announcement made by the benin traditional council and making this parable <b> ‘Uhunmwun ve Ekpen vb‎’ Ato,’ meaning the Leopard is ill in the Savannah bush</b>
<b>3</b>The council also cancelled all visit and public function by the Oba Palace
<b>4</b>From Dec to March is like 3 months.
<b>5</b>To crown it all, Remember Apostle Johnson Suleman's prophesies concerning the palace.
ONLY TIME WILL TELL

<quote>The Benin Traditional Council on Monday announced that the Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, is indisposed, after weeks of speculation over his health.

The council, in a statement signed by its Secretary, Mr. Frank Irabor, also suspended ‎public engagements in the palace, including settlement of disputes, “until further notice.”

It, however, urged all palace chiefs and functionaries ‎to perform their “routine traditional duties as usual.”

The statement read, “It is hereby announced for the information of the general public that, in the Palace parlance, ‘Uhunmwun ve Ekpen vb‎’ Ato,’ meaning the Leopard is ill in the Savannah bush. The explanation is that Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolopkolo, Erediauwa, CFR, Oba of Benin is indisposed.

“‎Public engagements, including courtesy visits, hearing of complaints from individuals, families and communities, and in particular, complaints over inheritance and land disputes, are therefore suspended until further notice. All palace chiefs and functionaries are to note that their routine traditional duties continue as usual.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-indisposed-traditional-council/</quote>

Re: Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) by armadeo(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
collects C of O.
Re: Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) by Monalisa1(f): 7:10am On Mar 20, 2015
daddynasa:
Its no longer news about the rumour concerning the death of the Oba of Benin. Here in Benin it has been since December 2014. According to our strong tradition we don't say the Oba is dead, there is a parable for that, and also the death of the Oba is usually not announced to the public until all rituals have been carried out which usually take about 3 months. we the binis have been waiting for the confirmation.
From my investigations,
<b>1</b>The USELU traditional ground was cleared and is undergoing construction (Fencing) .NB: USELU traditional ground is one of the traditional ground where a new Oba is taken during coronation. and this ground has never be cleared since i was born and am 28yrs old
<b>2</b>From announcement made by the benin traditional council and making this parable <b> ‘Uhunmwun ve Ekpen vb‎’ Ato,’ meaning the Leopard is ill in the Savannah bush</b>
<b>3</b>The council also cancelled all visit and public function by the Oba Palace
<b>4</b>From Dec to March is like 3 months.
<b>5</b>To crown it all, Remember Apostle Johnson Suleman's prophesies concerning the palace.
ONLY TIME WILL TELL

<quote>The Benin Traditional Council on Monday announced that the Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, is indisposed, after weeks of speculation over his health.

The council, in a statement signed by its Secretary, Mr. Frank Irabor, also suspended ‎public engagements in the palace, including settlement of disputes, “until further notice.”

It, however, urged all palace chiefs and functionaries ‎to perform their “routine traditional duties as usual.”

The statement read, “It is hereby announced for the information of the general public that, in the Palace parlance, ‘Uhunmwun ve Ekpen vb‎’ Ato,’ meaning the Leopard is ill in the Savannah bush. The explanation is that Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolopkolo, Erediauwa, CFR, Oba of Benin is indisposed.

“‎Public engagements, including courtesy visits, hearing of complaints from individuals, families and communities, and in particular, complaints over inheritance and land disputes, are therefore suspended until further notice. All palace chiefs and functionaries are to note that their routine traditional duties continue as usual.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-indisposed-traditional-council/</quote>

I saw him during igue festival dat wz December. So frm ur calculation it's Wrng. Be sure of wat u r Sayn b4 assuming n Sayn shit. Benin tradition is vry deep. Last last d truth wil com out 4 d main tym let's jt wait n c.
Re: Is The Oba Of Benin Dead? (my Investigation) by daddynasa: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
Monalisa1:

I saw him during igue festival dat wz December. So frm ur calculation it's Wrng. Be sure of wat u r Sayn b4 assuming n Sayn shit. Benin tradition is vry deep. Last last d truth wil com out 4 d main tym let's jt wait n c.
Dec has many days and igue falls on one of them. monalisa1 u go soon hear

(1) (Reply)

Too Much Money: Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt) / White Guy Says He Loves Black Women / PHOTO: Olori Wuraola Becomes First Nigerian Queen To Open An Instagram Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.