Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable (64351 Views)

10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion / Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by chinology: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Thi is utter rubbish. Remove Lagos from SW which is former capital of Nigeria and tell me what is remaining.

Onitsha has very large population of Yorubas and Hausas and people from other parts of country and beyond- what is the semantics of cosmopolitan once again?

[s]
GentleToks:

Thank you my sister for coming out to debunk these morons from the land of unrising sun who are surviving on the hospitality of Yorubas in SW. How could you shamelessly claimed that your land is well developed but always run out of the same region at every slightest opportunity to the same SW you called less developed region. What a stupidity!!! It's like a Nigerian telling US citizens that my country-Nigeria is well developed and better than US/UK while he and thousands of other Nigerians are struggling in the same US/UK.

I sometimes asked myself this question "Are they-Igbos talking about the same SE i went to couple of times on wedding invitations or somewhere else?" each time i heard these bigots hyping the same region.

SE is no go area for me as a person; the whole region look Igboish and nothing cosmopolitan about the whole region as a result of bigotry and tribalism. It was my numerous visits that made me to understand the reason why Foreign investment(FI) is not flying in that region.
[/s]
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2015
GentleToks:

each time i heard these bigots hyping the same region.

SE is no go area for me as a person; the whole region look Igboish and nothing cosmopolitan about the whole region as a result of bigotry and tribalism. It was my numerous visits that made me to understand the reason why Foreign investment(FI) is not flying in that region.

While it may be true that Southeast is less cosmopolitan than other parts of the country, it is total falsehood to claim no foreign investment is in the region. Most foreign companies headquatered in Lagos equally have branches and even bigger factories in the Southeast.

Finally it is even better for the Southeast or Nigeria to build and own their investments.

1 Like

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by pazienza(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2015
Abagworo:

You are scared of mentioning the poster "achiphet" whom I suspect is Chino from Anambra but went on to accuse quiet Imolites and Abians.

Most Anambrarians know the truth about Enugu state, most of us reside in either Enugu, Onitsha or Awka.

Abians and Imolites reside more in Aba, Umuahia, Owerri and Ph.

I stayed in Aba for four years, and each time I always had Abians make similar comments about Enugu state, I always had to correct them.

I find it funny, because Enugu people have the same sentiments towards Abia and Imo, I often find myself defending Abia in Enugu, and then defending Enugu in Abia. The other day in Enugu here, I had a heated argument with an Enugu person who had the distorted opinion that Abia is a dirty place, and that Abia is educationally backward. I had to show him JAMB stats and WAEC stats to prove him wrong and then showed him the pics from Umuahia, Abia capital.

I had penciled this down to ignorance. I didn't know the state of origin of that moniker I replied, I just felt like clearing some bad stereotypes about Enugu I had noticed amongst Abians and Imolites.

I would be defending Abia and Imo, if such ignorant statement was made against Abia and Imo.

I stand for anything that paints Igboland in good light, and violently against anything that paints any part of Igboland in bad light.

3 Likes

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by Abagworo(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2015
What factors were keyed into this topic? Is it population growth? Housing development? FDIs? Industrialization? Livability? Education? Literacy rate? School enrollment rate? Rate of graduates? Crime rate? Basic infrastructure? Ease of doing business? Power supply? Pipe borne water? Refuse disposal and sanitation? Greenery? IGR?

Please give us your parameters.

1 Like

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by Abagworo(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2015
pazienza:

Most Anambrarians know the truth about Enugu state, most of reside in either Enugu, Onitsha or Awka.

Abians and Imolites reside more in Aba, Umuahia, Owerri and Ph.

I stayed in Aba for four years, and each time I always had Abians make similar comments about Enugu state, I always had to correct them.

I find it funny, because Enugu people have the same sentiments towards Abia and Imo, I often find myself defending Abia in Enugu, and then defending Enugu in Abia. The other day in Enugu here, I had a heated argument with an Enugu person who had the distorted opinion that Abia is a dirty place, and that Abia is educationally backward. I had to show him JAMB stats and WAEC stats to prove him wrong and then showed him the pics from Umuahia, Abia capital.

I had penciled this down to ignorance. I didn't know the state of origin of that moniker I replied, I just felt like clearing some bad stereotypes about Enugu I had noticed amongst Abians and Imolites.

I would be defending Abia and Imo, if such ignorant statement was made against Abia and Imo.

I stand for anything that paints Igboland in good light, and violently against anything that paints any part of Igboland in bad light.

You still don't get me. Here on Nairaland no Abian has written such. It might be said among your friends but not on media. Most Nigerians take urbanisation for development.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by chinology: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2015
Foolish question from a deranged jobless ugly animal. You think the OP is a dunce? You are unsettled because your imo state is not on the list. I think the OP will mention it when he narrows it down to brothels and commercial se.x hawking. LOL

[s]
Abagworo:
What factors were keyed into this topic? Is it population growth? Housing development? FDIs? Industrialization? Livability? Education? Literacy rate? School enrollment rate? Rate of graduates? Crime rate? Basic infrastructure? Ease of doing business? Power supply? Pipe borne water? Refuse disposal and sanitation? Greenery? IGR?

Please give us your parameters.
[/s]

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
imolites probably felt too comfortable with their status quo, however, it doesn't mean IMO isn't developing. perhaps the rate of development is slower.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by chinology: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
Guy you are looking for trouble. Better go and buy armoured car for making that comment. Get ready for attacks. cheesy

SonOfEl:
imolites probably felt too comfortable with their status quo, however, it doesn't mean IMO isn't developing. perhaps the rate of development is slower.

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by badnature: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
chino anumanu e fuhanu ndi igbo ebegi izuzube ,e hapucha ndi ofe

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ikorodu Bois Recreate Dino Melaye’s Surrendering / Deborah Samuel: Police Fire Live Bullets At Protesters In Sokoto, Scores Injured / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.