Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable (64373 Views)

10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion / Lagos Pays Salary Before 23rd Of The Month, The Only State In Nigeria That Does / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by ujoinme: 12:35am On Mar 18, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You can not show us anything from your village so you are of no use and relevance to me..

Troll, you are dismissed...

Nonsense go and sale your pictures and propaganda to APC touts in Osun state and other APC enclave since they do not know what performance looks like because tinubu and his boys has stolen all their state funds, they will buy it but when you bring such nonsense here we will puncture it because we know what a performing government does and Nigerians know it too, Thats why you are mad that your principals state did not make the cut but Akwa Ibom Did.
Thats the difference between APC propaganda and the views of ordinary Nigerians, they are diametrically opposed. Nigerians Know those who are performing and from March 28 and april they will speak loudly and send APC to oblivion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by hungryboy(m): 12:37am On Mar 18, 2015
ujoinme:

let me borrow @ igboson term shameless and thickheaded to describe you, If you have not seen what Akpabio has done in 8yrs then you are of most men most blind! Thank god Nigerian have seen, 1900 km of road network and counting na beans? tell me how many states have done that?

An over priced stadium you call it and yet amongst the other 23 world stadiums that were nominated for the World best stadium price for 2014 Uyo Stadium at $96 million cost price was the least expensive of all the stadiums under the same capacity and category http://stadiumdb.com/competitions/stadium_of_the_year_2014

Is it Akpabios job to bring investors for Alson that is owned by the FG? When was the ibaka seaport ground breaking ceremony performed? you are as thickheaded, shameless and hungry as they come
what is the benefit of his relationship with Gej to our state, if he can't convince him to bring in investors for alscon, that could have provided jobs for our youths?, u paid fool, what do we need a 96million dollar stadium for in a state were our people are suffering due to lack of jobs,
we have one of the highest population of people in other states for economic reasons, cos there is no job for them back home,
I just hope one day we will have a leader that truly cares for our people
and u fool ujoinme, get a real job, defending a politician on social media for food and data is the lowest of lows u could get
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by aresa: 12:40am On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
ujoinme:

Nonsense go and sale your pictures and propaganda to APC touts in Osun state and other APC enclave since they do not know what performance looks like because tinubu and his boys has stolen all their state funds, they will buy it but when you bring such here we will puncture it because we know what a performing government does and Nigerians know it too, Thats why you are mad that your principals state did not make the cut but Akwa Ibom Did.
Thats the difference between APC propaganda and the views of ordinary Nigerians, they are diametrically opposed. Nigerians Know those who are performing and from March 28 and april they will speak loudly and send APC to oblivion.
[/s]

You are dismissed like I said, unintelligent trolls are of no use to me...

Get lost, no be by force. .
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by aresa: 12:47am On Mar 18, 2015
hungryboy:
what is the benefit of his relationship with Gej to our state, if he can't convince him to bring in investors for alscon, that could have provided jobs for our youths?, u paid fool, what do we need a 96million dollar stadium for in a state were our people are suffering due to lack of jobs,
we have one of the highest population of people in other states for economic reasons, cos there is no job for them back home,
and u fool ujoinme, get a real job, defending a politician on social media for food and data is the lowest of lows u could get

Since commissioning,how many soccer games have they played in that white elephant waste and how much have generated back into the state's treasury. Zero.

$96 million is rotting away unused with zero benefits. .

Talk about a thoughtless government with zero sense of direction and purpose.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by ujoinme: 12:48am On Mar 18, 2015
hungryboy:
what is the benefit of his relationship with Gej to our state, if he can't convince him to bring in investors for alscon, that could have provided jobs for our youths?, u paid fool, what do we need a 96million dollars for in a state were our people are suffering due to lack of jobs,
Hungry boy go and look for work so you can eat, there is no food for lazy people. Your mental capacity is lacking because of hunger. It is not Akpabio's job to look for work for you. Least i forgot you must be blaming Akpabio/GEJ for your laziness grin grin grin grin grin

Am not surprised thats APC trade mark,
Robbery in Lagos because the state police command lack logistics which is what a state government should do guess who tinubu's boi boi blamed - GEJ

3 renovated secondary schools out of 273 sec. schools in 8ys of fashola governorship guess who is to blame -GEJ

0 primary school renovated in lagos in 8yrs Guess whose fault - GEJ

10 MW of electricity for 20 million resident who require 10,000MW for optimum power, Whose fault - GEJ

Lagos State university tuition fees raised by 1000% within fashola's 8 yrs Guess Whose fault that ordinary lagosians cant afford University education - GEJ

Nepotism has taken over lagos such that Tinubu Owns everything in Lagos, Senate seat - his wife, commissioners His inlaws, Iya oloja His daughter, Governorship his ward. The making of Jagaban as Nigeria's biggest landlord is all GEJ'S fault grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eyes go clear una come march 28 and April keep blaming PDP for your own personal failures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by ujoinme: 12:53am On Mar 18, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You are dismissed like I said, unintelligent trolls are of no use to me...

Get lost, no be by force. .
would that be because you have given up on account of the fact that you have nothing to defend the thieving that going on in Lagos and APC?
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by ujoinme: 12:56am On Mar 18, 2015
aresa:

Since commissioning,how many soccer games have they played in that white elephant waste and how much have generated back into the state's treasury. Zero.

$96 million is rotting away unused with zero benefits. .

Talk about a thoughtless government with zero sense of direction and purpose.

You mean as opposed to $96 million finding its way into jagaban and his boys pocket/ bank account? grin grin grin grin grin grin
I would rather have $96 million build the best stadium in west Africa that will last for generations than have the money fritter away by rouges in form of APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by IGBOSON1: 1:58am On Mar 18, 2015
aresa:

To start with, are you really reetarded or you are just playing dumb and rretarded?

We are not talking about what was in Lagos before Fashola, we are talking about what fashola did within his own 8 years and what Akpabio did within his 8 years.

Both entered office same year and spent 8 years in office. Fashola did not commissioned anything before his time so what silly 3 decades are you talking about? Fashola built all the schools he built, the housing estates, the 15 water works, the 30 skills centers, the 10 health centers, the new hospitals, the roads, the bridges, the power plants, the courts, library and state institutions and so on 3 decades ago?

Please keep quiet with that roadside ignorant ramblings. Must you people really think and talk as if you walk on your brains?

2 governors

Same 8 years and you are sitting here shouting about 3 decades ago? Please lay off the ganja or go sit somewhere if you have nothing sensible to talk about.

^^^^ Nothing in that thread was done before Fashola or 3 decades ago.

^^^The bolded shows you have a major comprehension problem, as what you stated is not in keeping with the title of this thread!

The issue on this particular thread isn't whether Fashola commissioned more projects than Akpabio from 2007 to date! What we're debating is which state has improved the most given what was on ground from any chosen base year (in this case 2007)! From the dearth in infrastructure in Akwa Ibom in 2007 to what we have there today, any neutral observer will say Akwa Ibom beats Lagos by a mile!

Understand now!?

3 Likes

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by tonychristopher: 6:19am On Mar 18, 2015
aresa:

Did I gave you 3 schools Fashola built or not? Yes or no. No dey shift post now. Fear dey catch you to quit NL? grin

if I were you I will hide my head in shame . I live in. lagos and fashola is just afraid and I just don't know why a government org such a huge igr can't just build a single decent road . go to ipaja go to ikotun go to abule osun. go to even ikeja ikpodo anifowoshe. those areas are bad. so shut up

lagos is in the hands of tinubu

1 Like

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by spankyflex(m): 6:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Noneroone:
i havent been to akwa ibom but your reply it shows you dont get the topic clearly. Now answer these questions.

How many pple in akwa ibom state are above poverty line?

How many are gainfully employed in the state (aside the nomal ekaete house maids that we know)

how many citizens of the state attend tetiary education?

What is the number of the primary and secondary school enrolment? And how does the state do in waec?

How many towns/villages outside uyo has a bank and how many people (are comfortable enough to) operate a bank account?

How many people live in decent houses outside uyo (even within uyo)

how many higher institutions does the state have?

How many communities have electricity, water,etc

the state govt have tried its best to transform the state by building one of the best stadia in Africa, airport, and fine road expecially in Uyo. The problem is having more roads that cars, having airport without patronage, having a stadium without a league club or even pple who can afford the ticket to watch matches. Even the cinema in uyo had to be subsidized sometime so that pple can afford it.
That is why the issue of poverty cannot be wished away.

To me Lagos is still the fastest developing state followed by Anambra, Abuja (assuming its a state) etc.
imagine this poo,u think this is akwa ibom of 1992?
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by cyberdurable(m): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2015
stigman:
Did you just say Abia state, I swear OP u have not been to Abia state before

AlAys Disgracing yasef evrywia, and who said abia isn't Developing? Mumu... the Legacy Projects scattered all over the state neva reach ur LG? #yimu
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by stigman(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2015
cyberdurable:

AlAys Disgracing yasef evrywia, and who said abia isn't Developing? Mumu... the Legacy Projects scattered all over the state neva reach ur LG? #yimu

Monkey, which project, the one on sign board or news paper, goat , look at what 1k is doing to ur fish brain, bastard
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by cyberdurable(m): 10:02am On Mar 18, 2015
stigman:

Monkey, which project, the one on sign board or news paper, goat , look at what 1k is doing to ur fish brain, bastard

Idiot... Come to Umuahia and see for yasef... Anu ofia, son of a bastard
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by stigman(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2015
cyberdurable:

Idiot... Come to Umuahia and see for yasef... Anu ofia, son of a bastard

Bush man
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by inosend: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
stigman:
SECONDED. In fact, firsted.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by tonychristopher: 3:59am On Mar 19, 2015
My bro forget these peeps they are envious and loud

They claim they built lagos
They shoul build ibadan

Lol

Ndi ara

IGBOSON1:

^^^You prove your ignorance, immaturity and embittered nature with each subsequent post!

Fool, do i have to spell it out to you that: AKWA IBOM STARTED FROM GROUND ZERO IN 1999, WHILE LAGOS NOT ONLY HAS HAD A 3 DECADE+ HEAD-START, BUT HAS ALSO RECEIVED TARGETED, UNFAIR AND CRIMINAL ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER STATES/REGIONS SINCE THE LATE 60S!

After the uncivil war, there was meant to be the 3Rs for the area formally known as the Eastern Region, to help rebuild its war ravaged economy and cities, but near fuc'kall was done! Even Governor Akpabio has in the recent past asked if anyone knows what exactly was done for the war ravaged areas after the war.....he's yet to get an answer! Meanwhile Gowon (that said he had too much money to the extent he didn't know what to do with it) was focusing mainly on Lagos (and to a lesser degree the North)! It was during this period that modern day Lagos was built! After Gowon, Murtala and Obasanjo continued the policy of making Lagos the main federally assisted industrial and commercial hub (with kaduna and Kano coming a close second)! This wicked and selfish policy that favored Lagos brought about most of what you see today that have served as enablers to kick-start its economy and give it serious traction to maintain and solidify its position as the nations preeminent economic powerhouse! With a thriving economy, Lagos now became a magnet for job seekers, businessmen and fortune-hunters from the other regions suffering neglect and deprivation! The expansive road network, bridges, flyovers, arts theatre, national stadium, international airport, the teeming population, the valuable real estate, the numerous multinational companies, the tourists, the two sea ports, the huge IGR.....all these are the end result of the shenanigans of conniving selfish bastards like you who think Nigeria starts and ends in your neck of the woods; other areas like the Niger Delta are only good for supplying the never ending stream of oyel revenue!

How you can sit down there and compare Lagos (which was and is sustained by the commonwealth and effort of the entire country and its ethnicities) with a relatively New Akwa Ibom that's starting almost from scratch shows how shameless and thickheaded you really are!

1 Like

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by ronald4lif(m): 12:52am On Apr 06, 2015
mhizenugu:
Sure, have a great dae ahead.. Wink!!

Miss 042, how's you? wink
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by EazyMoh(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2015
stigman:
I wonder o! Abia?? no wonder the OP didn't even try to give evidence.In as much I didn't want to comment before because I have never been to the 36 states, but Abia in particular shall never be on the same list as Akwa Ibom, unless listing states that start with a letter A.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2015
EazyMoh:

I wonder o! Abia?? no wonder the OP didn't even try to give evidence.In as much I didn't want to comment before because I have never been to the 36 states, but Abia in particular shall never be on the same list as Akwa Ibom, unless listing states that start with a letter A.

fair enough, abia state is fast developing recently. the rate at which ikpeazu is trying to win the heart of the abia people is becoming obvious.

akwa-ibom only has uyo enjoying most of the high federal revenue allotted to the state. abia's aba, umuahia serves as commercial and administrative centers with abiriba and arochukwu gradually expanding its urban settlement.

the two geometric power plants (alaoji and geometric) have attracted many small and medium scale businesses while the large scale ones are still being built.

dude, I have been to abia, and its fast developing...the acidic criticisms have helped made the incoming government sit up. pls keep the criticisms coming.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 8:32am On Aug 15, 2015
inosend:
SECONDED. In fact, firsted.

have you been to abia? I really doubt it. but keep the criticism coming, its helping the government sit up, trust me.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2015
Chuksgeo:
I fault Abia making this list infact it is supposed to be among the worst. As for Anambra, it is truly developing very fast, for others I can't say for sure I think most states in southern Nigeria are developing state wide more than Northern states. My two cents though

abia is not developed, but its fast developing.....I have been there. thank God for the criticisms, it caught Theodore off guard and made okezie sit up....I cant imagine such a state blessed with human and natural resources being run by evil geniuses....
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by achiphet(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2015
Pls enugu should not even come to no 30 in the whole Nigeria. Enugu city is developed but enugu as a state has nothing to talk about. Enugu still has civilisations that doesnt put on clothes! Unlike anambra, we see delevelopment across its numerous towns but even a stone throw frm enugu city like nchatancha nike is so so so like we were living in the 1930s
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by EazyMoh(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

fair enough, abia state is fast developing recently. the rate at which ikpeazu is trying to win the heart of the abia people is becoming obvious.

akwa-ibom only has uyo enjoying most of the high federal revenue allotted to the state. abia's aba, umuahia serves as commercial and administrative centers with abiriba and arochukwu gradually expanding its urban settlement.

the two geometric power plants (alaoji and geometric) have attracted many small and medium scale businesses while the large scale ones are still being built.

dude, I have been to abia, and its fast developing...the acidic criticisms have helped made the incoming government sit up. pls keep the criticisms coming.
so according to your assertions it is the 3 months of the new governor that qualifies the state to be on this list.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by pazienza(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2015
achiphet:
Pls enugu should not even come to no 30 in the whole Nigeria. Enugu city is developed but enugu as a state has nothing to talk about. Enugu still has civilisations that doesnt put on clothes! Unlike anambra, we see delevelopment across its numerous towns but even a stone throw frm enugu city like nchatancha nike is so so so like we were living in the 1930s

What exactly are you talking about? Enugu has people that don't put on cloths? A highly literate state like Enugu state with many of her natives possessing degrees.

Please don't come here to talk trash next time. Enugu is a well developed state.

1 Like

Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2015
EazyMoh:

so according to your assertions it is the 3 months of the new governor that qualifies the state to be on this list.

no sir. as bad as Theodore orji was, he kick started some projects which ikpeazu wants to follow up especially in umuahia and aba.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by asha80(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
pazienza:

What exactly are you talking about? Enugu has people that don't put on cloths? A highly literate state like Enugu state with many of her natives possessing degrees.

Please don't come here to talk trash next time. Enugu is a well developed state.
I think what he is trying to say is that development is heavily centered in Enugu city and not spread around Enugu state
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by pazienza(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2015
asha80:
I think what he is trying to say is that development is heavily centered in Enugu city and not spread around Enugu state

How did she arrive at this conclusion? This is a wrong impression Abians and Imolites have about Enugu natives, " All parts of Enugu are primitive and bushy except Enugu capital", they couldn't be farther from the truth.

Have you visited places in Nkanu like Ozalla, Obe, Agbani, Akpugo and environments, those towns are developed with good houses, same with the areas around Udi town.
Even Ezeagu area, I recently visited Akama and Oghe parts of Ezeagu, those ones are doing fine.

Go to Awgu, I was in Ihe not long ago, nice town with good houses.

There are simply no area in Enugu state that remotely resemble the picture she was trying to paint, non.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by asha80(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
pazienza:

How did she arrive at this conclusion? This is a wrong impression Abians and Imolites have about Enugu natives, " All parts of Enugu are primitive and bushy except Enugu capital", they couldn't be farther from the truth.

Have you visited places in Nkanu like Ozalla, Obe, Agbani, Akpugo and environments, those towns are developed with good houses, same with the areas around Udi town.
Even Ezeagu area, I recently visited Akama and Oghe parts of Ezeagu, those ones are doing fine.

There are simply no area in Enugu state that remotely resemble the picture she was trying to paint, non.

how do you know it is imolites and abians that say only Enugu city is developed?did the person you quoted tell you he is from any of the two states?
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by Abagworo(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
pazienza:

How did she arrive at this conclusion? This is a wrong impression Abians and Imolites have about Enugu natives, " All parts of Enugu is primitive and bushy except Enugu capital", they couldn't be farther from the truth.

You are scared of mentioning the poster "achiphet" whom I suspect is Chino from Anambra but went on to accuse quiet Imolites and Abians.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by GentleToks(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
anitabeauty:
@Spyder aka ckenneths: I know that you must jump to this thread once it does not favor your reddish old crappy under developed enugu state. I am from Oyo state but served in Enugu state. There is no development in enugu state..no job, no infrastructure. Apart from Enugu urban with few shabby dusty roads most part of Enugu state is rural and highly underdeveloped. I could still remember the day we went to Amokwe to see a corp member. Ghosh come see backwardness and underdevelopment. I believe Chime was a failure as a governor because what he succeeded in doing was just to shabbily resurface few existing roads in the urban center. What about industrialization, health, education and overall infrastructural development? Enugu state people should elect a governor that should look beyond mediocrity.

Thank you my sister for coming out to debunk these morons from the land of unrising sun who are surviving on the hospitality of Yorubas in SW. How could you shamelessly claimed that your land is well developed but always run out of the same region at every slightest opportunity to the same SW you called less developed region. What a stupidity!!! It's like a Nigerian telling US citizens that my country-Nigeria is well developed and better than US/UK while he and thousands of other Nigerians are struggling in the same US/UK.

I sometimes asked myself this question "Are they-Igbos talking about the same SE i went to couple of times on wedding invitations or somewhere else?" each time i heard these bigots hyping the same region, I honestly cringed. Why? Cos that region is nothing but a glorified villages.

They all come here and display the pictures of private residential estates and state capital high streets as development in the land of blinds. The funny and amazing thing about Yorubas here on Nairaland is the fact that the Yorubas here didn't tour that path. If i take pictures of Estate in SW......

SE is no go area for me as a person; the whole region look Igboish and nothing cosmopolitan about the whole region as a result of bigotry and tribalism. It was my numerous visits that made me to understand the reason why Foreign investment(FI) is not flying in that region.
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by chinology: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Foolish animal you are beginning to get back your voice. Always quote 'chinology' and not chino. I have got your back. Jobless ugly daft, I know you must always find a way to smuggle my name when it doesn't suit you.

[s]
Abagworo:

You are scared of mentioning the poster "achiphet" whom I suspect is Chino from Anambra but went on to accuse quiet Imolites and Abians.
[/s]
Re: Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable by SonOfEl(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2015
GentleToks:

Thank you my sister for coming out to debunk these morons from the land of unrising sun who are surviving on the hospitality of Yorubas in SW. How could you shamelessly claimed that your land is well developed but always run out of the same region at every slightest opportunity to the same SW you called less developed region. What a stupidity!!! It's like a Nigerian telling US citizens that my country-Nigeria is well developed and better than US/UK while he and thousands of other Nigerians are struggling in the same US/UK.

I sometimes asked myself this question "Are they-Igbos talking about the same SE i went to couple of times on wedding invitations or somewhere else?" each time i heard these bigots hyping the same region.

SE is no go area for me as a person; the whole region look Igboish and nothing cosmopolitan about the whole region as a result of bigotry and tribalism. It was my numerous visits that made me to understand the reason why Foreign investment(FI) is not flying in that region.

idiot. who welcomed you? for Christ sake leave Igbo alone. how many southwest states are more developed that Enugu state? parasite...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mbaka: Hope Uzodinma Killed While Alive, God Bless Nnamdi Kanu / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Governor Makinde Mocking Coronavirus At PDP Rally Before Testing Positive (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.