Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section (2951 Views)

Mods Clean Up Our Beloved Sports Section! / *~ Marutimon Voted Sports Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Nairaland Rules, The Sports Section & European Football Club Threads: A Must-Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by FBS: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

y not close down the sports section then undecided
say wetin happen? Someone (or a group of people) just have to take the responsibility in getting people interested. getting info about Nigerian sport no be easy thing oh. They are just not there.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by Cristalz(f): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2009
You can take a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink.

All those coming here to say 'aye' in favor of ''nigerianization'', how many Nigerian sports threads have they started? And the already existing ones, how many have they posted on? How many people have bothered to get info about Naija games, post it on the forum and keep updating?

If people are simply not interested, all the moderators on this site could make individual threads on different Naija games and all the threads will die in a
day. If I make a thread and I'm the only one that keeps talking to myself on it, am I not crazy?

Typical. . .all most people love to do is talk; no action.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by Seun(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2009
If the majority of people on the sports forum are interested in foreign topics, it's going to attract more premiership fans. It's like the situation in the religion section where everything is dominated by Christians. A slight majority becomes overwhelming due to network effects.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by KarmaMod(f): 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
Seun:

If the majority of people on the sports forum are interested in foreign topics, it's going to attract more premiership fans. It's like the situation in the religion section where everything is dominated by Christians. A slight majority becomes overwhelming due to network effects.

So not true.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by MrCrackles(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2009
Cristalz:

You can take a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink.

I can take Criz to The Emirates

Buy her a Pie and a Beer while she sits back and watch Arsenal play
!!!! cheesy
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by FBS: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2009
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by Cristalz(f): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

I can take Criz to The Emirates

Buy her a Pie and a Beer while she sits back and watch Arsenal play
!!!! cheesy

Yeah, you really are back cheesy Thot you were the beer drinker. . .or did you repent when you came visiting? grin
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by MrCrackles(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2009
Cristalz:

Yeah, you really are back cheesy Thot you were the beer drinker. . .or did you repent when you came visiting? grin

Nah i didnt repent miss
And yup i am the beer drinker
!! cheesy
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by debosky(m): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2009
Seun:

That is a flawed theory. Yes the threads may attract more fans, but there is nothing overwhelming about it. The NHL fans - Jesoul, A-40 and Doyin amongst others do not lose their identity, due to the PASSION with which they run their threads.

Once again, a few people who are interested need to get their acts together and start putting together interesting contents.

People don't simply come to talk about foreign sports, the posters in Sports have indepth knowledge and concise analysis that would draw others - it's not simply a popularity contest, the QUALITY of discourse is what has kept many threads going.

Arsenal have not won ANYTHING since nairaland started, yet our thread is the second largest on sports. It's the effort of the few who remain, rain or shine, that keeps it going.

Provide a viable platform (i.e interesting threads) and people will come - that takes effort, if no one puts that in, it won't happen.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by bobbyL(m): 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2009
The problems with 9ja sports are 2 much, but corruption is the most challenging
                I still can't fathom why we can't present eligible players 4 agegrade competitions embarassed
                We have 2 start seeing age cheating as a bad thing
                 Real U-15s,U-17s,U-20s are being shortchanged
                 I just heard that age cheating is one of d reasons why some players collapse and/or die during matches
                           NFA is also not spared. We hav 2 clean d glass house.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by honeric01(m): 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2009
Juth Fc VS Lobi start played today, stay back while i search for the scoreline, or wait, i Need to call Godwin Ehakena to get the scoreline, grin grin
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by tosinaded(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2009
honeric01:

Juth Fc VS Lobi start played today, stay back while i search for the scoreline, or wait, i Need to call Godwin Ehakena to get the scoreline, grin grin

ithink emeka nwane is more informed grin
nigerian sports my ass grin

if super eagles get match, thread go dey, if na nations cup thread go dey, qualifiers thread go dey
wut else do u want seun!!!!!!

u wan dey run nigerian premier league wey we no dey see for here??
abeg think again jare
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by dyabman(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2009
tosinaded@:

if super eagles get match, thread go dey, if na nations cup thread go dey, qualifiers thread go dey

abeg think again jare

why u dey fi bros seun wash mouth now. tongue
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by mykali(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2009
well, this NIGERIAN SPORTS thread has lasted till the 2nd page.

Seun's plan is working afterall. grin
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by asha80(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
The problems with 9ja sports are 2 much, but corruption is the most challenging
I still can't fathom why we can't present eligible players 4 agegrade competitions
We have 2 start seeing age cheating as a bad thing
Real U-15s,U-17s,U-20s are being shortchanged
I just heard that age cheating is one of d reasons why some players collapse and/or die during matches
NFA is also not spared. We hav 2 clean d glass house.

Correct yarns!
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by honeric01(m): 1:49am On Jan 22, 2009
tosinaded@:

abeg think again jare

Yes my bro, thats the truth, Emeka Nwani is the best when it comes to Nigerian league, i heard he's now the new commissional of sport in Delta state, Guys, what do you think?
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2009
Karmamod: So not true
<sarcasm>What an overwhelming argument. You have swayed me.</sarcasm>
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by DisGuy: 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2009
Seun
Have you ever been to your local stadium? grin
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by youngies(m): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2009
Hope you don't expect Seun to answer this question. Which local stadium? The one that has been over grown with wild weeds and conquered by an army of occupying reptiles embarassed
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by honeric01(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2009
youngies:

Hope you don't expect Seun to answer this question. Which local stadium? The one that has been over grown with wild weeds and conquered by an army of occupying reptiles embarassed

Who told you so? Ogun state has one of the best stadiums in Nigeria, even with artificial grass, stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by mustylani(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
I'm not one of those who believe that eating local rice is an evidence of patriotism but again it doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to bring the local rice up to the standard of what we would much rather be ingesting.

Having said that and without it seeming like I'm trying to distract anyone from the idea of a sports thread here at Nairaland, there's this Nigerian football website I created some months back as part of my efforts to add some color to the Nigerian football scene. The add is www.football.com.ng.

Thing is we have now added a blog section designed to allow interested individuals to be able to air their personal opinions, thoughts, suggestions etc on the site. Naturally of course, all the categories pertain to Nigerian football.

I believe strongly that with all of us pulling in one direction, we can make Nigerian football a bit more attractive than it is today, and that is a good starting point as any for now.

All interested individuals are hereby invited to send an email indicating their interest to blog@football.com.ng. We also welcome suggestions on new categories from interested bloggers.

Further instructions on how to gain access and update the blog will be provided to competent bloggers.

We are looking forward to hear from you as many who believe that Nigerian football can be developed beyond its present state as possible.
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by bilms(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
nigerian sport needs our help.

just do wat u can. nothing is too small to help nigeria
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by tck2000(m): 11:24pm On May 30, 2019
Re: Let's Nigerianize The Nairaland Sports Section by haleighaugustu: 6:44am On Feb 28, 2022
It's a good sign if you can see the difference between the lines of the two teams. You'll be able to take advantage of the change in the odds. So, keep an eye on the prices of sports and other teams. You are curious to know more about sports betting algorithm, discover here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maradona Mocking Brazil 7:1 *pix* / Fans React As Ronaldo Stole Jota's Goal During Portugal's Victory Over Luxemboug / Image Of Drogba And Messi In Nigeria Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.