Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) (30563 Views)

APC Wins All The Rerun Elections In Kaduna,Niger, Nassarawa And Plateau States / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls / APC Wins All The Senatorial Seats In Oyo - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by aresa: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
gragraboy:

But you know the southerners are generally more exposed to the internet that the northerners so imagine if the village northerners were to add their own input in the polls the numbers will double for Buhari

The north is total loss for PDP hence Jonathan relocating to SW begging and bribing left and right . Unfortunately for him, he's wasting his money.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by jamace(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari is not the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. I have never seen any school built in his name.
2. I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
3. There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him.
4. I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization.
5. No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing for others, he has not even improved himself since his exit from office.
6. No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing!
6. The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
7. He never championed for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of development programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
8. His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home anymore?
9. No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''.
10. He is not a patron to any organization, group or association.
11. No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
12. The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spokesperson in the proposed talks with the Fed Govt. Imagine that!
13. He recently joined twitter because of elections. At 72 what does he have to offer?

Everyone would like change and positive change is always good but Gen Buhari isn't the answer!
Nigerians, be wise. Vote GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by aresa: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
[s]
jamace:
Buhari is not the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. I have never seen any school built in his name.
2. I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
3. There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him.
4. I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization.
5. No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing for others, he has not even improved himself since his exit from office.
6. No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing!
6. The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
7. He never championed for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of development programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
8. His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home anymore?
9. No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''.
10. He is not a patron to any organization, group or association.
11. No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
12. The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spokesperson in the proposed talks with the Fed Govt. Imagine that!
13. He recently joined twitter because of elections. At 72 what does he have to offer?

Everyone would like change and positive change is always good but Gen Buhari isn't the answer!
Nigerians, be wise. Vote GEJ.
[/s]

Story. ...

Let's meet at the polls with your PVC. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Creamz(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
This write up is so true. There's nothing you can tell my drivers for them to believe that GEJ chances of winning is slim. But when you talk to the literate minds who have access to internet, their opinion is totally different from those of my drivers.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by tellmemore15: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
kolaaderin:
Online Polls are credible sample of what is on ground. With the situation on ground, most people abroad has sent a good signal home that
people at home should not expect a dine from them any more once they vote in the wrong hand again. That is they have decided to continue to wallow in poverty if this government returns.

March 28 is 11 days from now, i can tell u without biased mind that PDP/GEJ are as good as history.it will be easier for a camel through the pin hole for GEJ to win.

joke of the year

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by babaireti(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
That Means an average PDP supporter is a rural dweller and poor primitive mind ,no wonder they still remain detached from the wind of CHANGE and progress,S/S & S/E two tiny jolly Regional Friend,oomasheo
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by felibrain: 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
The only reason I know of is that serious minded people like me don't have time to respond to such polls though we may be supporting GEJ. We prefer the real thing. I don't have time to be clicking LIKE or SHARE. PERIOD!
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by tellmemore15: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Story. ...

Let's meet at polls with your PVC. grin

na fight you wan fight ni? you have just one pvc and thats one vote shikena. unless the accusations against the inec chairman are true.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by plendil: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
OP is spot on. I may add that many of those rooting for GMB do not necessarily regard themselves as staunch members of APC, but the overwhelming consensus is that the old general offers a better option to the current fiendishly corrupt PDP government.

In my office, for instance, I would say almost 80% are in favour of GMB, going by our numerous discussions. They, being educated, with ready access to internet will likely partake in online polls to voice their preferences.

However it's noteworthy, as explained above, that quite a number of them (like me) have some issues with the composition of the APC and so would not want to be seen as overtly pro-APC. This gives a false impression about the support GMB has, especially when compared with the nauseatingly deafening and woefully empty noise-making of the ruling party.

With deepest respect to those involved, I would seriously question the sanity for anyone yapping 'GEJ till 2019'. GMB may not be the best answer, but he is a better alternative. If peradventure he gets in there and, like the incumbent, messes up, he should, and will, be voted out. That is the beauty of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
ndcide:

You don't qualify to say that.
e go do u voom 4 eye shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by chibas: 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
TheLeader:

Exactly my point. Football you say right?

Do they understand why the naira they are betting has lost value?

Do they understand the workings of our economy?

Do they understand why polity have heated this much this year unlike the previous elections?

Its one thing to browse, its another to know what to browse.
let me inform u that many of them will use the hike in pump price as a tool against the pdp,u underate them at ur own disadvantage.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by chibas: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
demola7:
Most of them making noise on here don't even have PVC! Some won't even vote!
i shall vote ooo!my pvc don dey do press up since after ekiti guber election.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by aresa: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
tellmemore15:

na fight you wan fight ni? you have just one pvc and thats one vote shikena. unless the accusations against the inec chairman are true.

And how many PVC do you have? 68 million?

You TaNoids and your illogical sensibilities sef... grin
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Bawsse(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
@OP nice writeup...
I was actually STILL contemplating about posting a new topic on this exact idea( the more informed know that GMB is a better alternative than the ruling party, that's why he wins all the online polls) but I guess you beat me to it( don't know if I ever was going to though)

I couldn't have said it better myself, everyone I have heated political discussions with seem to just cling on one thing:
"The old hausa man wan rule naija by force, na only dem dey this country...."
Without actually putting into consideration what we could stand to achieve with a less clueless alternative.

#IAmIgboButSaiBuhari
#WeNeedChange
#VoteGMB
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by dafuturis(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
TheLeader:

Exactly my point. Football you say right?

Do they understand why the naira they are betting has lost value?

Do they understand the workings of our economy?

Do they understand why polity have heated this much this year unlike the previous elections?

Its one thing to browse, its another to know what to browse.

You took it out of my mouth (y)
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by dafuturis(m): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Safari29:

they don't need to tell you they understand, underestimate them at your own peril. This is 2015 not 2007 or 2011.

I don't know about other regions o. but in southwest villages even the farmers have access to internet.

The Op wasn't talking about access to internet but understanding and efficient usage of internet.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Forwetinnah: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

D shekpe dat u took wen u clicked d "share" button dat time, ee stwoooooong gan!
Buh d thing geh expirin date ni grin

Where can I get dat same shekpe? grin

gringringringrin
Good...one of the OPs multiple monikers, make you dey there dey help me prove my point.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by stildude(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
PassingShot:
OP, your opinion is spot-on!

In addition, majority of Nigerians in diaspora are more passionate about a change in government because they have seen what good governance means. They are better informed to understand that Nigerians deserve far more than the crumbs they are fed with. It is unfortunate that those who are actually suffering bad governance are the ones who are easily swayed by the offer of "porridge" to continue wallowing in their miserable living conditions.

GEJ won most of the online polls prior to 2011 and the actual result reflected those polls. Isn't it now laughable that Jonathanians would now want us to believe that the same online polls are no longer a reflection of the people's wish this time around. Denial is a first stage in failure but after a certain period, they will come to terms with the result.

And the claim about multiple ID's is only an imagination of TANoids because it is practically cumbersome if not impossible to operate two accounts here flawlessly. It is one account linked solely to an email address. So, to have three accounts, you need to have three separate email addresses; how much more 20 or 50 as claimed by the TANoids!
I disagree with the bolden. In 2011, it was an online war. even though the online comments suggested that Buhari might win, eventually Jonathan won. I don't take online polls seriously for now,
Jonathan till 2019!
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by upcrown2512(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
IN 2011 JONATHAN IS WINNING EVERY POLLS HERE AND THERE.

MY BROTHER THE WORLD IS A GLOBAL VILLAGE.
AS I TRAVELLED ALL THE WAY FROM LAGOS TO EKITI I BROWSE ALL THE WAY.

I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS IN THE NORTH THAT WE CHAT ALMOST ON HOURLY BASES.

YOU HARDLY SEE VILLAGE WITH BANKS WITHOUT COMMUNICATION NETWORK.

IN CONCLUSION, WHY IS THE SAME MUSIC WHO WORK FOR GEJ IN 2011 IS NO MORE A MUSIC AGAIN BECAUSE IS NOW WORKING FOR GMB.

WHAT OF THE ONE THAT WAS ENGINEERED BY AIT, RENO OMOKRI
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by tk4rd: 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
TheLeader:
Ever wondered why Buhari wins all the online polls? Here is what I think-

I think its because the bulk of the populace that actually know what's going on in the country are the ones that have access to the internet and know how to use it, hence the overwhelming support for the opposition online. We've seen Buhari sweep polls conducted by even AIT and GEJ's aids...Surprising huh?

Why doesn't this necessarily replicate itself when it comes to the poorest of the poor?

Most...yea most Nigerians in our numerous villages that constitute the bulk of the country don't have access to the internet...or can't use it. At best they are stuck with NTA and the network news on radio...I need not state how one-sided the news here can be. Furthermore, these people(some of my friends and relatives included) are predominantly illiterates so might not have the ability to rate the Government's performance objectively, hence their inclination to vote along ethnic/religious line rather that the capability of the candidates.

...so next time you see 400 like in 3 minutes for the opposition, don't wonder if persons have multiple accounts and can switch between 50 of those accounts in 3mins just to click like...nt feasible right? well I thought so too.

These persons are just the majority of enlightened Nigerians trying to salvage whatever is left of our once great country before it is too late.

"If you try, you might fail, but if you fail to try, you've failed already".

Now you know why Buhari wins the polls online.

#MyOneKoboOpinion
Another important thing is that, Online Polls is different from Actual voting.. So, most people see the polls and browse on without participating.. On the election day, they would do what they've gat to do. No more clicking "likes"
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari wins all online polls because he has an army of jobless Nigerians (mainly from SW) employed by Tinubu to sway online opinion.
it is very easy to accomplish.
imagine a team of about 1000 jobless Nigerians who were each paid N500,000 each to work for 6 months -just under $3M, which is far less than what people spend for even guber elections in Nigeria.
all they need to do is create 50 accounts each online, to do "likes", to any hint of buhari, and suddenly things start to look different from reality on ground.

PDP will still win because the party has the bigger and better game "on ground". cool
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
TheLeader:

I think its because the bulk of the populace that actually know what's going on in the country are the ones that have access to the internet and know how to use it, hence the overwhelming support for the opposition online. We've seen Buhari sweep polls conducted by even AIT and GEJ's aids...Surprising huh?

Why doesn't this necessarily replicate itself when it comes to the poorest of the poor?

Most...yea most Nigerians in our numerous villages that constitute the bulk of the country don't have access to the internet...or can't use it. At best they are stuck with NTA and the network news on radio...I need not state how one-sided the news here can be. Furthermore, these people(some of my friends and relatives included) are predominantly illiterates so might not have the ability to rate the Government's performance objectively, hence their inclination to vote along ethnic/religious line rather that the capability of the candidates.

...so next time you see 400 like in 3 minutes for the opposition, don't wonder if persons have multiple accounts and can switch between 50 of those accounts in 3mins just to click like...nt feasible right? well I thought so too.

These persons are just the majority of enlightened Nigerians trying to salvage whatever is left of our once great country before it is too late.

#MyOneKoboOpinion

Can you please tell us how an online poll can translate to the actual result of the eventual winner of the election. Have you heard of a virus called web robot?…APC invested millions to acquire it, but unfortunately my friend this can not be used during the elections. PDP will win majority of the votes in the elections, mark my word.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
relchange:
Buhari wins all online polls because he has an army of jobless Nigerians (mainly from SW) employed by Tinubu to sway online opinion.
it is very easy to accomplish.
imagine a team of about 1000 jobless Nigerians who were each paid N500,000 each to work for 6 months -just under $3M, which is far less than what people spend for even guber elections in Nigeria.
all they need to do is create 50 accounts each online, to do "likes", to any hint of buhari, and suddenly things start to look different from reality on ground.

PDP will still win because the party has the bigger and better game "on ground". cool

Can you please tell us how an online poll can translate to the actual result of the eventual winner of the election. Have you heard of a virus called web robot?…APC invested millions to acquire it, but unfortunately my friend this can not be used during the elections. PDP will win majority of the votes in the elections, mark my word.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
upcrown2512:
IN 2011 JONATHAN IS WINNING EVERY POLLS HERE AND THERE.

MY BROTHER THE WORLD IS A GLOBAL VILLAGE.
AS I TRAVELLED ALL THE WAY FROM LAGOS TO EKITI I BROWSE ALL THE WAY.

I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS IN THE NORTH THAT WE CHAT ALMOST ON HOURLY BASES.

YOU HARDLY SEE VILLAGE WITH BANKS WITHOUT COMMUNICATION NETWORK.

IN CONCLUSION, WHY IS THE SAME MUSIC WHO WORK FOR GEJ IN 2011 IS NO MORE A MUSIC AGAIN BECAUSE IS NOW WORKING FOR GMB.

WHAT OF THE ONE THAT WAS ENGINEERED BY AIT, RENO OMOKRI

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
Bawsse:
@OP nice writeup...
I was actually STILL contemplating about posting a new topic on this exact idea( the more informed know that GMB is a better alternative than the ruling party, that's why he wins all the online polls) but I guess you beat me to it( don't know if I ever was going to though)

I couldn't have said it better myself, everyone I have heated political discussions with seem to just cling on one thing:
"The old hausa man wan rule naija by force, na only dem dey this country...."
Without actually putting into consideration what we could stand to achieve with a less clueless alternative.

#IAmIgboButSaiBuhari
#WeNeedChange
#VoteGMB

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
plendil:
OP is spot on. I may add that many of those rooting for GMB do not necessarily regard themselves as staunch members of APC, but the overwhelming consensus is that the old general offers a better option to the current fiendishly corrupt PDP government.

In my office, for instance, I would say almost 80% are in favour of GMB, going by our numerous discussions. They, being educated, with ready access to internet will likely partake in online polls to voice their preferences.

However it's noteworthy, as explained above, that quite a number of them (like me) have some issues with the composition of the APC and so would not want to be seen as overtly pro-APC. This gives a false impression about the support GMB has, especially when compared with the nauseatingly deafening and woefully empty noise-making of the ruling party.

With deepest respect to those involved, I would seriously question the sanity for anyone yapping 'GEJ till 2019'. GMB may not be the best answer, but he is a better alternative. If peradventure he gets in there and, like the incumbent, messes up, he should, and will, be voted out. That is the beauty of democracy.

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
Creamz:
This write up is so true. There's nothing you can tell my drivers for them to believe that GEJ chances of winning is slim. But when you talk to the literate minds who have access to internet, their opinion is totally different from those of my drivers.

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Creamz(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
InglishTeechar:

if you feel GEJ will win you are "on a long thing". What states do you think GEJ will win outside the south south and south east? And don't forget this areas are the ones with relatively small voters population compared to other regions.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by InglishTeechar(m): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Creamz:
if you feel GEJ will win you are "on a long thing". What states do you think GEJ will win outside the south south and south east? And don't forget this areas are the ones with relatively small voters population compared to other regions.

You have just mentioned the same areas that gave him victory in 2011…this is evident he will win period.
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by Creamz(m): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
InglishTeechar:

You have just mentioned the same areas that gave him victory in 2011…this is evident he will win period.
south west is going to be the deciding factor on who wins the elections. The last time I checked, they were predominantly APC zone. This is why GEJ wants to do everything to capture the votes of the folks there because he knows the outcome of the elections depends on them. And the region comes second in terms of voters population after north west
Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by francizy(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2015
holusormi:

Iyi boy ,, abeg who be that bastard ?... U sabi am?
Nigger seems to know me , and na u dey make me dey know most never do well nonentities wey I know so am sure you know who this is

That guy you wasted your time exchanging words with has over 200 monikers on NL and his only jobs here are:

- Open account,

- Insult people with different opinions from his,

- Monitor and search for their info from Google using their username,

- Use their real names to open another account..

This is just his lifestyle. He has nothing else doing on earth apart from the above listed activities.

He once insulted me with one of his numerous monikers. The insult was because I pledged allegiance to PDP and the next thing I noticed after this dude told me my full name, he used my name Ebuka and Francis to form a new moniker.

Bro, next time you come across this guy, just ignore him.

This is how to spot the depressed soul..

- He comes up using your past posts or topics you created on NL to insult you,

- he calls you by your real name which he obtained from Facebook or any other social network,

- all his posts say nothing meaningful apart from insults,

- accounts he operates are mostly recently opened,

- another moniker joins his moniker to insult you of which in that case you know the drill - he is insulting you with two of his monikers

- and many more that I can't recall..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) by shinest(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2015
TheLeader:

#MyOneKoboOpinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bullet Kills Young Nigerian Soldier (photos) / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Signs "Not Too Young To Run" Bill / APC Mocks Saraki Over Crashed Presidential Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.