Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa (3139 Views)

My South Korea Travel Experience / How Can I Renew My VISA Without Visiting The Embassy? / Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by Femastic: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
how do i renew my South Africa visa
in Nigeria
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by emorodili: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
Visit or work visa?
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
When Embassy dey nairaland

1 Like

Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by dotcomnamename: 1:31am On Mar 18, 2015
justwise:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/139#31712583

Justwise, please i need your advice here for a friend to my friend. He obtained his e-passport in nigeria some years back with a different name and a different date of birth. Now he just got his residency on his real name and real date of birth and want to obtain a new e-passport on his real name and date of birth. He has applied for change of name and date of birth to the Nigerian embassy, they interviewed him and he confessed to them. Some nigerians were in the same situation. Some nigerian immigration officers came from nigeria to interview all applicants in this category and they interviewed them again and obtained some nigerian documents evidencing that they are the bearer of the real names and date of births they are claiming to be and changing to as their real details, while the old e-passport they obtained at first in nigeria syears back and not on their real names and date of births.

Now, according to him, he approached one of the immigration officer and the officer gave him his number and has been calling him in Nigeria from here. He said he just want to help him to make it fast because it could take years in the normal processing. He told him that when its ready he will send the e-passport through the Ministry of foreign affairs. My friend was expecting him to say they will only change his name and date of birth on the system and not issuing it there when he's not in nigeria. I now told him that i think it would be illegal to send passport from nigeria when it wont be issued here. He said the officer said it is only in Abuja they can do it and then forward it to nigerian embassy. But my worry for him is that the place of issue will be in nigeria, and i think the oyinbo immigi here will ask him how did he get to nigeria? though they are aware his new e-passport is under processing and the correction of his details will be corrected from Abuja before they will forward it to Nigerian embassy here.

Now, my question is: Is it not illegal for nigerian immigi to correct details and issued the passport in nigeria while the applicant is not in nigeria and then send the passport to Ministry of foreign affairs while the ministry of foreign affairs then send it to nigerian embassy and finally notify him for collection?
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by emorodili: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
It is illegal, he has to come down to obtain anoda pssprt, cos he has to do sum scannin n thumb printin
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by dotcomnamename: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2015
emorodili:
It is illegal, he has to come down to obtain anoda pssprt, cos he has to do sum scannin n thumb printin

According to him, he said the officer said he does not need to do another thumb printing because they have it on their system already when he first obatin his first e-passport in nigeria. I can't guarantee him if its possible or not.
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by Zeddicus001(m): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2015
dotcomnamename:

Justwise, please i need your advice here for a friend to my friend. He obtained his e-passport in nigeria some years back with a different name and a different date of birth. Now he just got his residency on his real name and real date of birth and want to obtain a new e-passport on his real name and date of birth. He has applied for change of name and date of birth to the Nigerian embassy, they interviewed him and he confessed to them. Some nigerians were in the same situation. Some nigerian immigration officers came from nigeria to interview all applicants in this category and they interviewed them again and obtained some nigerian documents evidencing that they are the bearer of the real names and date of births they are claiming to be and changing to as their real details, while the old e-passport they obtained at first in nigeria syears back and not on their real names and date of births.

Now, according to him, he approached one of the immigration officer and the officer gave him his number and has been calling him in Nigeria from here. He said he just want to help him to make it fast because it could take years in the normal processing. He told him that when its ready he will send the e-passport through the Ministry of foreign affairs. My friend was expecting him to say they will only change his name and date of birth on the system and not issuing it there when he's not in nigeria. I now told him that i think it would be illegal to send passport from nigeria when it wont be issued here. He said the officer said it is only in Abuja they can do it and then forward it to nigerian embassy. But my worry for him is that the place of issue will be in nigeria, and i think the oyinbo immigi here will ask him how did he get to nigeria? though they are aware his new e-passport is under processing and the correction of his details will be corrected from Abuja before they will forward it to Nigerian embassy here.

Now, my question is: Is it not illegal for nigerian immigi to correct details and issued the passport in nigeria while the applicant is not in nigeria and then send the passport to Ministry of foreign affairs while the ministry of foreign affairs then send it to nigerian embassy and finally notify him for collection?

Its illegal and tell him not to try cos they will sieze his passport and banned him from obtaining a new e passport
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by Femastic: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
visit visa
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
dotcomnamename:

He will get into a lot of trouble if he does that, like others have pointed out he needs to travel down to Nigeria to get that done, exit, entry stamp and place of issue is very important
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by Femastic: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
emorodili:
Visit or work visa?
r

visit visa
Re: How Do I Renew My South Africa Visa by Moana(f): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
Femastic:
r

visit visa
You go to the embassy

(1) (Reply)

Disheartening Picture of an Accident / Top 11 Busiest Airports In Africa By Passenger Traffic / Became A British Citizen Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.