Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. (7932 Views)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder / Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by sparkleboy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
Please this question is directed at the financial gurus in here!
I have about 2.2m in my account and I won't be needing for atleast a month,
I'm thinking of fixing it to yield interest for 30 days.
Please which bank has the highest percentage rate of return?
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by bigtt76(f): 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
It all depends on your bargaining power. Most banks would not give you good rate though but try FCMB, Heritage Bank ...they may give you like 10-11% for 180 days. Note that the interest is calculated over 365days.

sparkleboy:

1 Like

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by sparkleboy(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2015
bigtt76:
It all depends on your bargaining power. Most banks would not give you good rate though but try FCMB, Heritage Bank ...they may give you like 10-11% for 180 days. Note that the interest is calculated over 365days.

Thanks
So how do they calculate it? Is it 10% of the capital/12 so for 2.2m 10% is 220k
So the interest is 18k? Or correct me please cos my calculation above seems ridiculous?
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes that is about correct but you should find out if there is withholding tax on the interest
Besides, rates on short term deposits are usually smaller so you may not get 10%

1 Like

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by bigtt76(f): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
This is it below

2200000*10/100*1/365 = 602*number of days ....I hope this helps

sparkleboy:

Thanks
So how do they calculate it? Is it 10% of the capital/12 so for 2.2m 10% is 220k
So the interest is 18k? Or correct me please cos my calculation above seems ridiculous?
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by ablyguy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
I can introduce you to a bank that gives the highest interest rate on fixed deposit. PM me so we can chat and it's better than leaving it in savings account...
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by sparkleboy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
bigtt76:
This is it below

2200000*10/100*1/365 = 602*number of days ....I hope this helps

Thanks for the help.
It's ridiculous though! Would rather leave it in my account and have the freedom of using when needed.
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by sparkleboy(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
ablyguy:
I can introduce you to a bank that gives the highest interest rate on fixed deposit. PM me so we can chat and it's better than leaving it in savings account...
which bank? Write it here so that others an learn about too! wink

3 Likes

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by bigtt76(f): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is better than the nuts you are paid as interest monthly though. The longer the number of days you keep it, the better ...maybe 91days tenor or 180days

sparkleboy:

Thanks for the help.
It's ridiculous though! Would rather leave it in my account and have the freedom of using when needed.

1 Like

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by Kx: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
First bank did btw 9. 25 to 10% 2 weeks ago for 30 days.
Yes there is WHT on your interest income I learnt
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by olamilekside2: 2:34am On Mar 20, 2015
sparkleboy:

I av a Microfinance you can fixed your money
with us and receive ur Interest by cash/
deposited to ur bank accout at 1st of every
month. No risk involved as all document will
be bind by court. No risk or stress, u receive
minimum of #100000 sitting at home every
month till ur fixed duration and gt paid ur
money. whatsapp or call +2348067478662 for
mire details. Lawyer and Court Binded
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by ablyguy(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
sparkleboy:
which bank? Write it here so that others an learn about too! wink

Can't. I'm not in a position to do that. But fear not, you won't be dealing with me. You would be dealing with the bank directly...

1 Like

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by olamilekside2: 1:59am On Mar 21, 2015
ablyguy:

Can't. I'm not in a position to do that. But fear not, you won't be dealing with me. You would be dealing with the bank directly...

Bros, Not all information disclosed in public, no scam that y i said lawyers and court affidavit document involved. Only Ready serious minded shld contact me for enquiry not a must. You must be clear b4 u transact , if u av a doubtful mind, pls dont do. Thanks
God bless
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by hunkydory(m): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
I use diamond bank.
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by fydence: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
hunkydory:
I use diamond bank.
Do they have a minimum amount they accept and what is their interest rate...thanx
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by eagleeye2: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
So if he fixes 2.2 million for 30 days he will be getting about 18,000 +/-
That's assuming he has no withholding tax on the interest
That's a lazy man's way of earning money.

2 Likes

Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by Johnpaul199(m): 10:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Pls i want to fixed deposit 1million on diamond bank, how much is the interest rate and how much will i gain for 3years
Re: Fixed Deposit For 30 Days: I Need An Expert's Advice. by lizberry1(f): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
IN ROSABON FINANCIAL SERVICES WE GIVE GOOD INTEREST RETURN BUT YOUR 2.2M MUST STAY AT LEAST 90 DAYS THATS 3MONTH THEN U CAN GET A BETTER RETURN RATE FOR MORE INFO PLS CALL LIZZY ON 0 9 0 5 3 6 0 7 9 8 7

(1) (Reply)

Finally GCR COIN Has Gone Puplic. Which Means More Money To Be Made. Join me now / How To Start Gold Business (buying And Selling) / What They Won't Tell You About Swiss-golden....scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.