Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola (36279 Views)

FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola / It`s A Lie, Jonathan Was Not Protected With 2,123 Policemen-Eye Witness Account / Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by wiloy2k8(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
can u listen to urself,gej is not d president of lagos,he is d president of ur village or otuoke.

guy u mumu sha .
did you not read
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by coogar: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Four die in Lagos bank robbery - The Punch
www​.punchng.com/.../four-die-in- lagos - ...
11 Nov 2013 ... The robbers allegedly shot at the soldier and the Skye bank employee;
both men were said to have ...

if you post this invalid link again, i would ask the moderator to have you banned.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
GodMode:

What "privileged information" rubbish are you saying

After the Paris terrorist attacks.. There were over 20000 policemen in Paris looking for 4 people.. The exact amount was revealed on news..

In one city?
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

exactly my sentiments...
why does GEJ need 2,000 policemen if he has served nigeria so well like his lunatic supporters want us to believe? i won't be surprised it's his cousins from otuoke that came with speedboat to cause mayhem in lekki.

Sometimes I just don't know what to say about the leaders of tomorrow cry
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
dondo83:
I had an accident 2weeks back in abuja and I went to asokoro area command (please not , not police post ooh) the accident department unit had no single officer on ground because they were all deployed for presidential guard . imagine , a corporal even voiced his frustration" na wa oooh the president wont kill us ..... Jonathan is soooo paranoid that he his afraid of his own shadow. why deploy so much personnel anytime he his moving around?if it could happen to me then fashola might be right

k
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by hajibashi: 12:01am On Mar 18, 2015
frankmishael1:
all the plan is set......
gate of hell would be open
only if Gej wins there will be peace in Nigeria
no Gej no Nigeria
U are not okay for the above comment u made. So it is now a do or die affair.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by stinggy(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2015
fajesito:
Fashola speak the truth and let the enemy be ashamed. We are not supporting GMB because you APC guys are saints but because we are tired of GEJ's government. We aren't babies I was at stock exchange building and there weren't more than 50 soldiers there. Stop this immature talk abeg

Bros, we seem to be same on GMB and APC. But sincerely I wouldn't say the number Fash quoted is too outrageous because whenever GEJ is going to Airport alone, you wouldn't count less than 1000 cops, including those on barricading an expressway over 30km (resisting civilian movement) and those on pedestrian bridges.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by mrham03(m): 12:02am On Mar 18, 2015
fashola is soo desperate to the extent that he has to tell this big lie to nigerians.... I wonder what he will do if buhari doesnt win.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 12:04am On Mar 18, 2015
hush15:

Dude, are you saying there are only 5000 police men in lagos? Secondly, if jonah took 2000, how many police or security details are attached to him? Is it just 1 or 2?

Moreso, is he saying 2000 policemen were needed to go to the crime scene? Has he forgotten that the security and police in the lekki axis alone are far more than any security jonah could have had with him...

All these are just excuse and distractions to defame Mr. President. The very same reason they took the president wife to court. God will punish you for your deceit, your oppression of Lagos state

Wicked souls, evil people.

JK till APC is six feet under

I still don't know what to answer some so called educated youths here.......

So the entire Lagos state has only 5k police officers?

I thought the President has Mopol/SSS around him so why does he need 2k yeye police officers?

Since the President has 2k what about the other 2k?
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by mrkings84(m): 12:05am On Mar 18, 2015
so just because u claimed d President deployed 2,300 police men for his rally so YOU DECIDED TO CAPITALIZE ON THAT ABI... ok o!!
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

if you post this invalid link again, i would ask the moderator to have you banned.

Four die in Lagos bank robbery
NOVEMBER 11, 2013 : COMFORT OSEGHALE
Lagos Police PRO, Ngozi Braide
Four persons, including a yet-to-be identified soldier, have been killed in a robbery attack
on Skye Bank branch at Alaba Market, Lagos State.
The incident, which took place last Tuesday, was said to have occurred around 6pm,
while money was being transferred from the branch, which serves as a cash point, to a
major branch in the area.
An eyewitness told PUNCH Metro, on the condition of anonymity, that the robbers
arrived at the scene on a motorcycle.
He said, “There were two men on the bike and they both wore masks. The motorcycle
rider, however did not wear mask.
“As of the time the robbers came, money was being moved from the cash point to the
other branch. The money was packed in a Ghana-must-go bag. A soldier was waiting to
accompany the person that would carry the bags as was the custom.
“The employee of the bank carried the bag on his head; the soldier was with him. They
had not gone far when the robbers arrived on their motorcycle.”
The robbers allegedly shot at the soldier and the Skye bank employee; both men were
said to have died on the spot.
After seizing the bag, the robbers allegedly fired more shots sporadically. In the ensuing
panic, a recharge card seller and another person were hit.
“The recharge card seller had already run for cover, but she ran back to her table to
collect her cards. She was hit by a stray bullet while running to her hiding place.
“We later learned that she died while being rushed to the hospital. Another man, who
was also hit by a stray bullet, died on the spot. Several more persons were injured too,”
the source said.
The robbers allegedly escaped with the bag, containing an undisclosed sum of money.
When the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ngozi Braide was contacted,
she said, I will get back to you.”
There was no response from the bank’s spokesperson, Mr. Rasheed Bolarinwa, as he
neither picked the calls made to his telephone nor replied to our correspondent’s text
massage.

Copyright PUNCH. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on
this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or
redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from
PUNCH.

Four die in Lagos bank robbery - The Punch
www​.punchng.com/.../four-die-in- lagos - ...
11 Nov 2013 ... The robbers allegedly shot at the soldier and the Skye bank employee;
both men were said to have ...
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 12:07am On Mar 18, 2015
ikkkkk:
Let's wait for tomorrow. Am very sure APC will accuse Jonathan or PDP of something.
It's now a routine.

They already did.....

400 Apc supporters locked up - Ameachi
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:10am On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

i don't know anywhere in lagos, i am from burundi.
your link is invalid!

Two policemen killed in Lagos bank robbery
April 05, 2013
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/two-policemen-killed-in-lagos-
bank-robbery/#sthash.dPlQ3IWW.dpuf
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:12am On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

PDPrïcks and their uncanny ability to manipulate the facts. what's this link doing in your comments when it took place in 2006? is 2006 within the last 7 years? grin
yes -
all the links you have posted took place in ogun state, the other one was foiled and your proshareng link happened in 2006.
you should log off and come back as whynotthelie

Two policemen killed in Lagos bank robbery
April 05, 2013
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/two-policemen-killed-in-lagos-
bank-robbery/#sthash.dPlQ3IWW.dpuf
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by queensmith: 12:32am On Mar 18, 2015
I'm with fash on this, though armed robberies are not unheard of in Lagos, they likely took advantage of the security shortage due to the presidents visit. The security of the masses should not be neglected for one man. Especially since state governments fund them.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by uptoHim(m): 12:36am On Mar 18, 2015
fajesito:
Fashola speak the truth and let the enemy be ashamed. We are not supporting GMB because you APC guys are saints but because we are tired of GEJ's government. We aren't babies I was at stock exchange building and there weren't more than 50 soldiers there. Stop this immature talk abeg

Because of God and because Fashola is my leader and elder, I will hold myself from insulting him.

And for all those believing these Fashola's statements, I won't insult you too, but I'm angry with you on the way you reason.
2000plus police men for GEJ, then how many military men were deployed too? How many other security outfits were deployed too? May be the total number of security men realeased that day for GEJ visit was more that 5000. Even if na GEJ visit to Maduguri. Did any one in lagos that day see these police men with GEJ? I can imagine 2000plus police men following one man. I can't even imagine the slow traffic they would cause. Or may be they where deployed to man the check points, then where they not deployed to man Lekki check points too? Tell me, was Fashola's security police men withdrawn too. Was Tinubu, Ambode and all the APC top shots without their own police men on that day?

Please Fashola, I'm really disappointed. I know that those robbers that day took much/enough time in their operations for any concerned authority to have done something. And I'm sure if Nairaland could get the infor as the robbery lasted, you also could had gotten it. What exactly did you do? 5 man robbery gang can be taken down by 5 man police men, or 5 man soldiers, or 5 man civil defence men(they use AK47 these days) or even 5 man any other security outfit including the navy. With an authority like Fashola and a sound establishment of a little emergency security protocol, the state govt could had responded with any other security outfit outside the police, that's if we agree that they could not make do with the police. I don't want to imagine that things could had gone the way it did if it had been fashola's family house or the state govt house that those 5 guys attacked that day. Well, its all right. We are all watching. I blame my fore fathers and my father's generation. But sadly enough, I'm disappointed in this our generation.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by bashgama(m): 12:40am On Mar 18, 2015
LocalChamp:
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola has revealed that 2,123 policemen provided security for President Goodluck Jonathan while armed robbers raided a bank in Lekki, Lagos last week.

Fashola, who spoke at the Agricultural Food Value Chain held in Agege area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria on Tuesday said when the president came to Lagos last Thursday, while citizens were being robbed, the president was protected by 2, 123 security personnel.

“Let me be very clear, the president is entitled to every protection, he’s our president, but the question to ask is that; when you were being traumatised yesterday, where were these 2,123 men? Because you are also entitled to be protected. The reason why the president gets all that protection is so that he can protect all of us,” he said.

The governor also decried Monday’s protest march for Jonathan in Lagos by members of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC and other pro-Jonathan groups in which the protesters terrorised Lagosians while brandishing dangerous weapons.

“Yesterday, they also showed the difference between us when the supporters of the PDP and President Jonathan came out. You know on 7th of March this year, just about a week ago, the APC held a solidarity rally in Lagos. Did anybody attack you on that day? So, yesterday, they held their own, but what I heard, because I received telephone calls and text messages from residents who explained to me, I received emails.

“I am sorry for the pain and trauma they put you through because residents continuously complained yesterday that they were traumatised by those people who supposedly were carrying out a rally in support of the president and in support of their gubernatorial candidate, just kidding.

“So instead of canvassing for your votes and showing you why their service record is better, they were showing you knives, cutlass and dangerous weapons. Some residents phoned to say that they were banging on their cars. Let me remind all of us, that the work of a party and a government is to protect citizens and not to terrorize them,” he stated.

Fashola said for those who still said that they did not know what the issues in these elections were, Monday’s event brought one issue sharply in focus, which he said was the issue of security.

He stated that the peace and safety that “all of you have enjoyed for eight years is now at risk. You have seen the kind of people who support the other party on Monday, you have seen the kind of people who support their presidential and gubernatorial candidate, those are the people that you will see around them. Monday’s experience, may God forbid it, would be what you would experience till 2019.

“Unless you come out massively on March 28 and on April 11, that is the only way that God would forbid that kind of thing from continuing in Lagos. It is your vote that would change it. A vote for General Buhari would put to end this kind of abuse of state power. A vote for Ambode will continue the security that we have built and protected you for the past eight years.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/17/lekki-robbery-2123-policemen-were-securing-jonathan-fashola/

GO ahead Fashola. You have spoke well.
Nigeria sai Buhari
Lagos sai Ambode!
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by hush15: 1:05am On Mar 18, 2015
ibietela2:

I still don't know what to answer some so called educated youths here.......

So the entire Lagos state has only 5k police officers?

I thought the President has Mopol/SSS around him so why does he need 2k yeye police officers?

Since the President has 2k what about the other 2k?

The more reason why you should believe it is cheap talk. Mr President had his business during the day, not past 4. All the same, its still the most flimsy of all excuse for an ineffective governor
Mr. President has gone to many states and as such, lagos shouldnt be giving excuse for its ineffectiveness.

It was a sad incident but as always, APC can only polticize it and shift blames.

Its really sad. What saddens me more are those that buy into such cheap talk. That kinda statement alone can lead to voilence and such should be prosecuted at the ICC.

I think PDP should do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by 1stola: 1:20am On Mar 18, 2015
frankmishael1:
fish brain
Your papa
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by 1stola: 1:20am On Mar 18, 2015
TolaniLuv:

Personally thinking"U must be a big fool!
Your father is a drunkąrd old fool
Your mother is a whòre
You are a complete morôn.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by waldigit: 2:19am On Mar 18, 2015
[quote
author=coogar post=31724063]

you are disappointed that GEJ's selfish behaviour led to the death of an
innocent child and many more people? can you even read what you are
typing? if it was your sister that got shot by armed robbers, would you
have typed the drivel above?

i am very sure you were conceived via anäl sėx. it's the only logical
explanation of how much of an arsëhole you are.[/quote]
[quote

dont be disappointed by many reaction to Fasholas statement. the man is reasoning deductively with logics. but many who reacted are abstract reasoners. this generally is problem of black skinned pple. it is known as "lack of scholastic value"!
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by waldigit: 2:19am On Mar 18, 2015
[quote

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by jmslimx(m): 3:07am On Mar 18, 2015
The problem is Lagos state governor failed to tell people that he gets Monthly Allowance for security of the state very open .. Him blaming GEJ is just so daft.. he should be asked how much is his security Votes for each month? Dont mind this politicians... GEJ is the President of Nigeria .. We normally compare ourselves to USA , if Obama is going out in the US in any state , i dont need to tell u how many police are outside for him , from snipers to Field OP's to FBI , to CIA to State Security Service..to state troopers. He should stop playing Politics and take responsibility of Lagos in his hands .. Person Shit na GEJ , Person Pee for 3rd Mainland Bridge na GEJ... He should hide his head in Shame... Be informed .. GEJ bad or Good he is still the president of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Onyiido: 3:42am On Mar 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
#fasholajoker... A very big joker he is.
The way this man speaks reminds me of our first lady patience. I wonder when he'll ever stop complaining and do his work.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by 989900: 4:26am On Mar 18, 2015
“I am sorry for the pain and trauma they put you through because residents continuously complained yesterday that they were traumatised by those people who supposedly were carrying out a rally in support of the president and in support of their gubernatorial candidate, just kidding."

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by pet2ten(m): 4:35am On Mar 18, 2015
CR77:
He try after them kill poor people finich.

security good for only rich people

He for just complete am 2500

When obama visited india he had 90,000 indian security men depliod to protect him and it includes military and other paramilitary outfits. 5000 u.s.a secret service persoonel,fbi and cia where all present as his internal security details and fashola is only complaining about goodlucks over just 2k security. I have lost my my respect for u coz u nolonger impress Me....how u take become san sef?the only reason why I will forgive ur unneccessary talk talk is coz u are a red devil.#godblessmufc
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by Exjoker(m): 5:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Lagos state has the highest number of police force in Nigeria over 30,000 police officer in that state alone. So 2,000 subtract out of 30,000 is not a big deal compare to Lagos state land mass. though there may laps in their there place of work.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by kipesco(m): 5:41am On Mar 18, 2015
How many police men are protecting Fashola, what plan did they have that day.
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by lifenajeje(m): 5:47am On Mar 18, 2015
#stoptalkingnonsense. ......what happens on the multiple robberries that hit Lagos on daily basis with president jona out of lagos
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 5:59am On Mar 18, 2015
hush15:

The more reason why you should believe it is cheap talk. Mr President had his business during the day, not past 4. All the same, its still the most flimsy of all excuse for an ineffective governor
Mr. President has gone to many states and as such, lagos shouldnt be giving excuse for its ineffectiveness.

It was a sad incident but as always, APC can only polticize it and shift blames.

Its really sad. What saddens me more are those that buy into such cheap talk. That kinda statement alone can lead to voilence and such should be prosecuted at the ICC.

I think PDP should do the needful.

Mhen i don fear 9ja
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 6:01am On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
buhari did not even need 123 police to escort him,is only coward president need 200 police escort,did obj or yardua go with 2,000 police escort?guy be reasonable.
[/s]

What happened to the presidential escort?
Re: Lekki Robbery: 2,123 Policemen Were Securing Jonathan – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 6:04am On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
funshiba:

I took my time to read alot of comments here and I can conclude no hope for Nigeria!!! Our generation has failed before it started!!

The lets ask ourselves some objective questions

1. Is it the fact that the president has over 2,000 policemen?

2. If true, is that fair and right? Who swore oath to protect the people? or is it the people that swore to protect the president?

3. Not making excuses for the NPF but how do you combat crime when half of your force is on another assignment?

Lets be mindful as Nigerian youth as we support all these politicians

Why mortgage your future and your kids future for the sake of some liars cos of how much?

What will be disgusting the most is if you come to social media to make so much noise and you still go to bed hungry, No light in your house, No extra money in your hand for all the noise. IM SORRY SUCH PERSON IS THE BIGGEST FOOL EVER!

God Bless Nigeria, God punish the fools that don't want the progress of the country for personal reasons

Cheers
[/s]

What happened to the remaining 2k if 2k was sent to protect the president?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Travel Ban: Buhari Repeating 'Evil Decree 2' Of 1984 / Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Loved Up At Rahma's 40th Birthday Dinner / Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.