Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

CBT gone bad. help/advice needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CBT gone bad. help/advice needed (6001 Views)

JAMB Change Of Institution In Ikoyi, Lagos Gone Wild (Photos) / These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong / Please Help Advice A Confused And Frustrated Uni Aspirant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dear nairalanders, my younger brother wrote his utme CBT exam today (17th march 2015) and this was what happened

after answering all 250 questions to his satisfaction, my younger brother was about clicking the submit icon so as to submit his answers finally, but just as he was moving the mouse pointer to the icon(submit icon) on the desktop screen, a young Lady who was through with her exam and was leaving the hall accidentally stepped on the power cable of my brother's computer system and the system went off. on noticing this, he(my younger brother) alerted one of the jamb officials in his hall about what just happened, hoping his system would be restored, but the jamb official told my brother that the system will automatically submit the answers to jamb database, and he wished my brother Goodluck and told him not to worry.

but I, on the other hand is thinking otherwise, for crying out loud, how will the computer automatically submit the answers when there is no power in it?

it's already midnight and my brother's result has not been released....
please can someone help me out?

I don't want my brother to remain at home for another year

please if u don't have any meaningful suggestion, then don't bother commenting . this is a serious issue.

MODIFIED

okay, the story continues.
my brother's result was later released, All thanks to God. and he performed reasonably well.

jamb transfer came up and my brother's details were sent to the school he applied for. (God at work)

post utme came up, he registered and studied very hard for it. and after everything, he scored exceedingly high. I mean very high above his cut off mark.

admission list came out and to our greatest surprise, my brother's name was right there on MERIT list (first batch). (God is indeed wonderful)

so so happy. LOL.

so in summary, don't ever give up on your dreams. work hard and pray hard, and one day your dreams will come to pass.

my brother is currently a 100L student in one of the Biggest Universities in Nigeria (all Glory be to God)
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by prevail23(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
sorry aunty I know say na serious issue buh I just gotta say dis, did ur brother say he answered "400" questions in jamb shocked...and u bliv him? u no ryt jamb neh? are u sure ur brother truly sat for d exam?
I just asked 4questions,pls answer me sad
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]Relax coolthe vigilator can't lie besides your brother is not the only person who had nt seen his result

1 Like

Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
prevail23:
sorry aunty I know say na serious issue buh I just gotta say dis, did ur brother say he answered "400" questions in jamb shocked...and u bliv him? u no ryt jamb neh? are u sure ur brother truly sat for d exam?

1. yeah he answered 400 questions (he definitely must have guessed some of the answers)

2. I believe him because when I wrote my jamb I left no question unanswered.

3. my admission. to the university was through jamb

4. I know he sat for exam because I followed him to the exam centre and I waited there u till he was true.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
Andrew114:
[size=8pt][/size]Relax coolthe vigilator can't lie besides your brother is not the only person who had nt seen his result

I'm really scared.... I know how my brother read for the exam, he was so sure of himself. he hasn't eaten anything since he came back from the exam hall.

well, I'll try to encourage him. thanks.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by prevail23(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

1. yeah he answered 400 questions (he definitely must have guessed some of the answers)

2. I believe him because when I wrote my jamb I left no question unanswered.

3. my admission. to the university was through jamb

4. I know he sat for exam because I followed him to the exam centre and I waited there u till he was true.
OK,d truth is dah he just gotta be patient,my sis wrote last week Thursday buh she hasn't seen her result,so my dear ur own better pass?
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by xpac01(m): 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
prevail23:
To slap you just dey hungry me eh!

2 Likes

Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
xpac01:

To slap you just dey hungry me eh!

Mr xpac what's your say?
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by xpac01(m): 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:
Dear nairalanders, my younger brother wrote his utme CBT exam today (17th march 2015) and this was what happened

after answering all 400 questions to his satisfaction, my younger brother was about clicking the submit icon so as to submit his answers finally, but just as he was moving the mouse pointer to the icon(submit icon) on the desktop screen, a young Lady who was through with her exam and was leaving the hall accidentally stepped on the power cable of my brother's computer system and the system went off. on noticing this, he(my younger brother) alerted one of the jamb officials in his hall about what just happened, hoping his system would be restored, but the jamb official told my brother that the system will automatically submit the answers to jamb database, and he wished my brother Goodluck and told him not to worry.

but I, on the other hand is thinking otherwise, for crying out loud, how will the computer automatically submit the answers when there is no power in it?

please if u don't have any meaningful suggestion, then don't bother commenting . this is a serious issue.

Going by Open University Comp. Based exam experiences, I'll say the jamb official could be right. Your brother should wait for his result or visit the jamb site to check the result.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
400 questions ke? undecided
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
xpac01:

Going by Open University Comp. Based exam experiences, I'll say the jamb official could be right. Your brother should wait for his result or visit the jamb site to check the result.

alright. thanks a million.. we are still waiting though.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
yugkapmeet:
400 questions ke? undecided

in exams like this, you answer the ones you know and guess the ones you don't. it has always worked for me.

back to the topic, what's your say?
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by goldenhero(m): 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

after answering all 400 questions to his satisfaction, my younger brother was about clicking the submit icon so as to submit his answers finally, but just as he was moving the mouse pointer to the icon(submit icon) on the desktop screen, a young Lady who was through with her exam and was leaving the hall accidentally stepped on the power cable of my brother's computer system and the system went off. on noticing this, he(my younger brother) alerted one of the jamb officials in his hall about what just happened, hoping his system would be restored, but the jamb official told my brother that the system will automatically submit the answers to jamb database, and he wished my brother Goodluck and told him not to worry.

just calm down it has been sunmitted automatically...he'll c his result 2mao
winsome5:

in exams like this, you answer the ones you know and guess the ones you don't. it has always worked for me.
winsome5:

just calm down it has been sunmitted automatically...he'll c his result 2mao
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Francman(m): 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
The invigilator wasn't wrong. Again, who told u u get ur result same day of exam?
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

But jamb only has a total of 250 questions na. undecided
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by goldenhero(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

after answering all 400 questions to his satisfaction.

there's a difference btw answering d 400 questns md getting them right. datx by d way...he shd xpct is result 2mao
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
goldenhero:
just calm down it has been sunmitted automatically...he'll c his result 2mao just calm down it has been sunmitted automatically...he'll c his result 2mao

I hope so... thanks
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Francman:
The invigilator wasn't wrong. Again, who told u u get ur result same day of exam?

my brothers friend got his result the same day he wrote his exam.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Meanwhile, get this. It's an internet based connection. When you break the connection, such as by submitting, logging out or switching off the computer, according to it's programing, it logs in all input into the result server. Just because you are seeing the questions on the computer, doesn't means the questions are in the computer wink
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Ksslib(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

I'm really scared.... I know how my brother read for the exam, he was so sure of himself. he hasn't eaten anything since he came back from the exam hall.

well, I'll try to encourage him. thanks.
Lol. Tell your brother not to worry. Its not even an issue.

I believe this is roughly how Cbt works; When you click(answer) a question, the computer automatically knows if its correct or not and marks it. That's why a message that reads 'Your input has been saved' is shown at the top right corner of the screen for every question you click/ answer.

The computer marks the paper as you proceed with each question but you(the candidate) will not see it cos you don't have such access.

The mistake you're making is thinking the computer will submit after finishing. Nope.... Rather, each question was being submitted/marked as your brother was clicking/ answering.

So tell the kid not to worry. The computer already has his score and it will be sent to him in due time.

1 Like

Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
yugkapmeet:

But jamb only has a total of 250 questions na. undecided

pardon me, I wanted saying 250 questions... u know the highest score that can be gotten is 400, so I mistook it with the number of questions..

thanks
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
goldenhero:
there's a difference btw answering d 400 questns md getting them right. datx by d way...he shd xpct is result 2mao

yeah, he answered all questions but he'll definitely fail some.

a very big amen to @ he shd xpct is result 2mao[/quote]
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ksslib:

Lol. Tell your brother not to worry. Its not even an issue.

I believe this is roughly how Cbt works; When you click(answer) a question, the computer automatically knows if its correct or not and marks it. That's why a message that reads 'Your input has been saved' is shown at the top right corner of the screen for every question you click/ answer.

The computer marks the paper as you proceed with each question but you(the candidate) will not see it cos you don't have such access.

The mistake you're making is thinking the computer will submit after finishing. Nope.... Rather, each question was being submitted/marked as your brother was clicking/ answering.

So tell the kid not to worry. The computer already has his score and it will be sent to him in due time.

nice post. but if that's the case then why did jamb still provide a submit icon on the screen?
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
yugkapmeet:
Meanwhile, get this. It's an internet based connection. When you break the connection, such as by submitting, logging out or switching off the computer, according to it's programing, it logs in all input into the result server. Just because you are seeing the questions on the computer, doesn't means the questions are in the computer wink

thanks dear.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Ksslib(m): 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
winsome5:

nice post. but if that's the case then why did jamb still provide a submit icon on the screen?
The submit icon is for those who can finish before the stipulated time. You don't expect them to keep staring at their screens even after finishing before time, do you?

Every computer is programmed to display for a specific amount of time by jamb. So once your time is up, the computer logs you off automatically and the result will still be sent to the candidate in due time though he/she didnt click the Submit button.

Like I said, the submit button is for those who can finish before time.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by Melancholy(m): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2015
Tell him to check it online. He should stop waiting 4 for sms jawe
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 12:14am On Mar 18, 2015
Ksslib:

The submit icon is for those who can finish before the stipulated time. You don't expect them to keep staring at their screens even after finishing before time, do you?

Every computer is programmed to display for a specific amount of time by jamb. So once your time is up, the computer logs you off automatically and the result will still be sent to the candidate in due time though he/she didnt click the Submit button.

Like I said, the submit button is for those who can finish before time.

it seems u know much about CBT exams, but note that his time was not up, rather, the power supply to his system was accidentally disconnected by a passerby.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by winsome5(f): 12:15am On Mar 18, 2015
Melancholy:
Tell him to check it online. He should stop waiting 4 for sms jawe

no result online yet.
Re: CBT gone bad. help/advice needed by nabamesss(m): 12:21am On Mar 18, 2015
What is his jamb registration number?? Drop it so as to assist him confirm his result

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! / Jamb Admission List Authenticity / Little Girl Discloses Reason,why She Used An ATM Light To Do Her Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.