Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. (1031 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here / Cancellation Of Visa At Uk Ports? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by awoll(f): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
hi everyone, i'm new on nairaland even though i have always followed reviews, i must say i am not one of those do or die wannabe travellers but i applied for a uk visa( the workingholiday maker precisely which is usually 2years) in august last year, i was denied the first time on grounds that i submitted photocopies which wasn't so true,

i reapplied a second time after a while-- in 0ctober, and this time, adding original documents from my sister(is a british citizen) in the uk including scanned coloured copies of her passport data page, driving license, then submitted originals of her mortgage deeds and ownership, payslips, utility bills -electricity, water and phone), bank statements, employment details, invitation letter and filled form of sponsorship, my dad's bank statement and tax receipts, evidence of property, i also included my bank statement, school id card( i had recently graduated before the first application) and a letter from my HOD in school confirming that i had indeed just finished and still had a period of two years in which at its end, i must ultimately have completed the compulsory NYSC program as stipulated by the Nigerian government, i wanted to visit my sister for a while then work while there to help out.

The WHM consists of two years in which any1 granted will have the opportunity of being on an extended holiday primarily, take incidental work during the first year then solely be on holiday the second year, i understood the terms and complied genuinely,

I was denied the second time,

REASON: 1. I wouldn't be able to accomodate myself on getting there which might end me up on seeking on recourse of public funds even though my older sister has a house there.

2.i was only going for three months after which i'd return to complete my course( note:i submitted a copy of my notification of result)

3.that i didn't give proper circumstances of my family in nigeria.

and some other baseless reasons that i can't quite remember, Wisely, i was given the right to an appeal,

The problem now is i filed for the appeal 2 days before it was posted on their website (www.ukvac-ng.com) that some visa categories had been scrapped off, , including that which i applied for, the new development actually wasnt posted immediately but i noticed the decision was taken two days after i filed for my appeal officially with my sister as my representative,

she has been given a date for hearing in february but will it be possble that i get this visa even though it has been scrapped off-- assuming we ultimately win?

please advise on this one,

THANKS smiley
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by Omonla(f): 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2009
awoll:

hi everyone, i'm new on nairaland even though i have always followed reviews, i must say i am not one of those do or die wannabe travellers but i applied for a uk visa( the workingholiday maker precisely which is usually 2years) in august last year, i was denied the first time on grounds that i submitted photocopies which wasn't so true,

i reapplied a second time after a while-- in 0ctober, and this time, adding original documents from my sister(is a british citizen) in the uk including scanned coloured copies of her passport data page, driving license, then submitted originals of her mortgage deeds and ownership, payslips, utility bills -electricity, water and phone), bank statements, employment details, invitation letter and filled form of sponsorship, my dad's bank statement and tax receipts, evidence of property, i also included my bank statement, school id card( i had recently graduated before the first application) and a letter from my HOD in school confirming that i had indeed just finished and still had a period of two years in which at its end, i must ultimately have completed the compulsory NYSC program as stipulated by the Nigerian government, i wanted to visit my sister for a while then work while there to help out.

The WHM consists of two years in which any1 granted will have the opportunity of being on an extended holiday primarily, take incidental work during the first year then solely be on holiday the second year, i understood the terms and complied genuinely,

I was denied the second time,

REASON: 1. I wouldn't be able to accomodate myself on getting there which might end me up on seeking on recourse of public funds even though my older sister has a house there.

2.i was only going for three months after which i'd return to complete my course( note:i submitted a copy of my notification of result)

3.that i didn't give proper circumstances of my family in nigeria.

and some other baseless reasons that i can't quite remember, Wisely, i was given the right to an appeal,

The problem now is i filed for the appeal 2 days before it was posted on their website (www.ukvac-ng.com) that some visa categories had been scrapped off, , including that which i applied for, the new development actually wasnt posted immediately but i noticed the decision was taken two days after i filed for my appeal officially with my sister as my representative,

she has been given a date for hearing in february but will it be possble that i get this visa even though it has been scrapped off-- assuming we ultimately win?

please advise on this one,

THANKS smiley

======================================

Your best bet would be to contact the UK authorities or ask your sister to visit a consulate there to obtain details. She (or you) would need to find out if the decision to scrap your visa category is retroactive i.e. Will the decision affect visa applicants that had already applied for the visa before the date that the visa got discontinued? If retroactive, then you would not be able to go ahead with the visa category you applied for.
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by cvibe: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
From what i know about UK Immigration rules, your case is still pending and would not be affected by the scrapping. If you win your appeal, i believe it will be considered under any of the other rules that apply.
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by MrCrackles(m): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2009
Since your appeal case is still pending, any final judgement made will not be affected by the scrapping of the visa category you initially applied for
The application for that visa category will still be honoured as long as you win the appeal
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by awoll(f): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2009
ok, thank you all for your encouraging remarks,  i only have to cross my fingers and hope that we win the appeal,  wink
what i don't know now is if a decision will be taken on the first hearing date,  i haven't seen anyone who's actually been through the process at all,

please advise on what to expect either way.

and thanks already.
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by meetyommy: 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hello,
I read your posting.i was in a similar case about 2years ago and i can outrightly tell you that appeal situations arent dealt with based on the present situation rather the judge looks at the time you filed in your application so please go ahead and follow up the appeal
Re: Cancellation Of Visa Category We Already Applied For. by awoll(f): 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2009
hey,

@meetyommy,  thanks,  so you have also encountered the same process in the past,  please tell me, was a valid decision taken on the hearing date, or rather, how many hearings might there be?

thanks, i'm hopeful. now i just want to know how long the ordeal will last. wink

since the filing, its been two months,  will be three months when the hearing starts.

(1) (Reply)

Just How Tough Are You ? / Applying For A Uk Tourist Visa: Pls Help / Nigerians In Va.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.