Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids (16186 Views)

Man Harasses His Female Neighbour By Masturbating Constantly In Her Presence / Ladies, Can You Dress Up In The Presence Of Your Brother? / Things A Lady Shouldn’t Do In The Presence Of A Man [ladies Zone] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by okwuvic(m): 2:03am On Mar 18, 2015
You may think that it’s normal for a husband and his wife to at least quarrel even though their kids are around. Well, people do it quite a lot, but how healthy is it really?

Exposing those young children to such harsh situations is really damaging, and it’s disturbing to know that parents argue, fight and quarrel even in front of their kids — it’s disturbing and should be stopped.

8 reasons why it’s unhealthy to argue and fight in front of your kids:

1. THEY HAVE THEIR OWN WAY OF THINKING

A lot of people believe it’s not too bad to quarrel in front of their kids forgetting that children don’t reason as adult — the eyes which you see things is totally different from that which they see things. They are taught in school and religious institutions to live a peaceful life devoid of violence, fighting and quarrels, only to get home and see their parents living the opposite — the tape playing in the head of that child might not be a healthy one.

2. THEY NEVER FORGET

Children never forget; you may think they have forgotten but they never forget. So many things they see or hear are usually stored up in their brain for a very long time. So imagine if they have to store up memories of their parents fighting and quarrelling.

3. THEY LEARN

The three places children pick up things easily from are school, their peers and at home, not forgetting the television as well. At that young age most of the things they learn is from the aforementioned — so imagine if all you have to show your kids are scenes of domestic violence, quarrels and hate.

4. THEY ARE TOO YOUNG FOR SUCH EMOTIONS

Research by scientists at the University of East Anglia revealed that Brain scans have found that children who experience ‘mild to moderate’ family problems up to the age of 11 suffer impaired brain development and could be at risk of psychiatric illness. So, imagine what parents put their children through; if findings from the research is anything to go by then a lot of parents are guilty of putting the mental health of their children at risk.

5. THEY MIGHT LEARN TO TAKE SIDES

Like I mentioned earlier on, children have their own way of thinking, and if all they see are parents always fond of having a go at each other, one of the parents might suffer because that child might begin to see one as evil and choose the other parent. Imagine when your kid starts hating you at that young age.

6. BUILD ANGER

Exposing your young children to scenes of violence at that young age means you are exposing them to having feelings of hate and anger from such a tender age, and this might go a long in their temperament and attitude in the future.

7. WOULD THINK IT’S OKAY TO FIGHT

Parents are probably a child’s first role model; imagine how bad a role model you would be if all you do is fight and quarrel in front of your children. The child might go on to exhibit such attitude in school, and that’s so unhealthy.

8. THEY MIGHT DISTANCE THEMSELVES

Like I mentioned earlier, children learn things quickly a lot when growing up and at that young age they have their own way of thinking. When faced with a situation where their parents are drug users, alcoholics, engage in domestic violence and the rest of it, that child might go on to build a safe place in their minds and live in it — and this could mean distancing themselves from you. Some parents don’t even spot this on time and before they know it, it’s already too late.

Parents should learn that their children are an important part of the family and how they feel at all times should be considered.

http://www.victornwankpa.com/2015/03/8-reasons-you-should-never-fight-or.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by seliaju(m): 3:21am On Mar 18, 2015
Well said

6 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by pwerrymansion(f): 4:01am On Mar 18, 2015
That's so true....quite educating! Let's try to be good/worthy emulating ambassadors to our kids. Quite frankly, children practice what they see than what they are told. Whenever you see an aggressive kid, trace well and you won't be surprised that the parents are Amenable for the kids behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by joseph1832(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
I've always maintain that parents should watch what they say and do in front of their kids.

Children have a habit of learning very quick and it basically stem from what they see. Even the kind of TV shows they watch molds their character and thinking.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by phlamesG: 7:51am On Mar 18, 2015
Nice one op at least i have learnt something 4 the future

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by 5p1naz(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by lordsharks(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Its bad
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Franchise21(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
OK. Next
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by clemz88(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
I is coming back. Una good afternoon
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Tnx OP u re very right
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks OP

One knows all these but out of rage tends to forget.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by lordsharks(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
phlamesG:
Nice one op at least i have learnt something 4 the future
Me too
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Bonapart(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
They never forget oo. My father laid his hands on my mom once. The memory still remains till forever

1 Like

It is just very wrong and has a psychological effect on the kids.

They become depressed too.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Odunharry(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
nice
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by sinaj(f): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
av neva fought in the presence of my kids.
I nd my hubby only fight in the night wen they are fast asleep wink
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by anumide(f): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
this post looks like My GCE 737 scheduled 4 2mrw. Nice post op
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by justdivine: 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by eonuegbu20: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Really?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by eljidy(m): 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
kk
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
@d end wot d child dcides2do z wot rili counts
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
Only babyish parents argue bitterly or fight in the presence their own kids.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by raziboi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
i was here
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by hardbody: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
I guess one very good reason is that you might get an embarrassing beatdown. The kids will never forget how you were slammed punked or dragged on the floor. Don't give them that memory.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by dechandel(f): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I have seen my parents argue sometimes and i don't take sides!!
Cause taking sides will limit my wants from them.
I will just pretend not to understand their gibberish whenever my mum tells me whats wrong grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by skentelelady(f): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
As well as what we say, watch or listen to around them

God will help us
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
Those kids will end up been violent n abusive wen u fight in front of them
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by deeptesting(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
O
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by adedam007(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
Frontpage
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by deeptesting(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
One thing that really baffles me with Nigerians is when subjects of this nature pops you see everyone claiming to be saints,if this was to be on a foreign forum you will see people coming out to post real issues how it happened in their homes,marriages, how if affected their children and how they were able to go through it thereby helping a lot of people who are in similar situations.

As hypocrites that we are all you will read here are comments like:

"Me and my hubby only fights in the night when the kids are sleeping". So you have issues in the morning,you don`t talk about,then go to work and come back in the evening wait for the kids to sleep and then you start the quarrel and fight...lol

"Couple who fight or quarrel in front of their kids are fools" This ones are still single and while typing the shit their memory is filled with the drama of their Mum and Dad" It`s okay.

Abeg Couples stop fighting ooooo you can see the 7 points of the OP on the effect of fighting and quarreling on your children. At lease i have said something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by ixora3(f): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
Children neva forget.and am one of them.it really affects the children.pray I will be a gud mum

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fighting In The Presence Of Your Kids by playboy04: 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
ixora3:
Children neva forget.and am one of them.it really affects the children.pray I will be a gud mum
yea sure! The mother of ma kids grin undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Stories: Jide Part 1 / Dating Advice From Men Vs Dating Advice From Women? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.