Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million (19233 Views)

Dubai-based Nigerian Man Dies Days After Returning To Nigeria From Dubai(pics) / He Got #7000 For Returning A Lost 12 Million Naira. What Do U Think Guys? / The Reward Of Honest Airport Cleaner Is N7,200 Salary Increment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by odeku457(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
I think Recognition is on the way for her.

A National Honor/Award will be proper for her since this is not her first time to display such rare qualities.

GOD Bless you!!!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by englishmart(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
too poor
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Caleboha(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Crazy! Bullshyte! We live in a world where you get ridiculed for doing good and eulogised for evil deeds!

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Jclement(m): 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
7, 800 was her initial salary for 30 days cleaning in an airport Change is all we need.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ikombe: 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
this woman dull me i swaer angry

if na me

by now i for dey dubai dey enjoy grin

some people no just know when God wan bless dem undecided

Me return 12million naira when dem no dey follow me from village undecided
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Ideyontop: 7:40am On Mar 18, 2015
The salary is unbelievable! In Lagos? Airport worker? How come?

Pls the government should at least reward her with a better job. Or else I am coming to take her away for a better job. Which kind thing be this abeg?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ignis: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2015
With this, They are not encouraging other cleaners to return money to the owners when found.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by onyediya8(f): 7:41am On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=DAVECENA post=31730573]Josephine Ugwu, the airport cleaner who returned a passenger’s luggage containing local and foreign currencies to the tune of N12m has been rewarded with a N7,200 salary increment.

Ugwu, who works for Patovilki Cleaning Services, a concessionaire engaged by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria tokeep the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos clean, was on a monthly salary of N7,800 before the incident.

The National Diploma graduate of Our Saviour Institute of Science, Agriculture and Technology, Enugu, now enjoys a N7,200 salary increment, bringing her new salary to N15,000.During a visit to the airport on Monday,PUNCH Metro interacted with Ugwu’s colleagues who expressed disappointment that such act of uncommon integrity was not noticed by the government.

They argued that a society that was quick to mete out punishment to offenders should also be quick to reward exemplary behaviour. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one of Ugwu’s colleagues lamented that the government did not have a culture of rewarding and encouraging exemplary behaviour.

She said:“Some people have abused her and called her a fool for returning the bag. It now looks as if what she did was wrong. Most people will not be motivated to follow her lead when faced with similar situation. The government should have, at least, sent her a commendation letter for what she did.”Another colleague, identified simply as Faith, also expressed disappointment.

She said Ugwu had returned passengers’ luggage with money in them for a record third time and all three had gone unnoticed. She said:“Twice in December 2014, she returned passengers’ luggage with huge sums of money in them. One contained about N600,000 and the other had close to N2m.if it were to be a case of stealing and she was caught, I am sure the government would have been quick to send her to jail.”Ugwu, however, said she had no regrets for what she did, but would not mind being compensated. She said:“I believe that a good name is better than riches.

This incident has taken my name far and wide and I am happy that it is for a good cause. God’s reward is the ultimate, but if the government will give me a proper job as promised, I will be happy.

My company on its part has tried and I am grateful for the management’s action. My salary has been increased and I have also been promoted.”Mrs. Eunice Anumudu, Ugwu’s supervisor at the airport, praised her integrity and uprightness, saying that Ugwu had become a role model, not only for her colleagues, but for all Nigerians.“What she did is worthy of emulation. Many people in her shoes would have done otherwise. She is a role model to her colleagues and to all Nigerians. I will be happy if the government can do something to encourage her,” she said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/03/cleaner-josephine-ugwu-gets-n7200.html
[/quote
I am sure she didn't know the content of the bag... Nigerians don't dull themselves anymore!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
OGeeKush:
hmmm.. good for her?

with this kind of pathetic gratitude, now tell me, what will she or others do when they find themselves in her shoes another time?
she would return it over and over again, she didnt return it to b rewarded. though, I dont think I wd return such sha.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by dammytosh: 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Going by that increament

She now earns 15000

in a year she earns 180000 in a private firm

She will earn 21 Million in 66 years time and they wonder why Nigerians lack integrity. When integrity is never rewarded as it should be.

What happened to
1.offering her a Govt appointment she could do so that she can earn a bit above minimum wage
2. Giving her national honour on grounds of integrity instead of sharing it among thieves (politicians) and prostitutesss in nollywood.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by michealsolola(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmm,wat can I say to dis

she said good name is beta than riches (shoro niyen)
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Caleboha(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by gistabout(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
At least this teach people to be good.

Although, the above is man reward, for giving the said amount to his management God will reward her in a double.....
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Humblebloke(m): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
If it were up to me....... I would give her enough money to start up something.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by missojugo(f): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
The people she returned the money to are ingrates that is if they didn't show appreciation to the poor woman. They would have lost all the money if not for her honesty.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Nawaooo...
Who is even the owner of the returned 12 million naira or are we not supposed to know?
The person should also compensate and appreciate this honest woman.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Pluslargent(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
let's just say her employers have done their bit..the onus is now on the F.G to pick up their slack...
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by jarethbanks(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
#shoroniyen??
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by bigx(m): 7:44am On Mar 18, 2015
Great, so 1,666 months to make 12 million
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ikombe: 7:45am On Mar 18, 2015
michealsolola:
she said good name is beta than riches
thats in the U.S.A not here in nigeria undecided
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Psuedy(f): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
and wat did.d person.who she returned d money to giv her?...
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by dave2meek(m): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
That's rare
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by dejust(m): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Her action was uncommon so, uncommom favours from God shall follow her.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2015
#7,200?

Na wa oo!

Stealin surely pays oo! undecided

Next news...
Expectin d Otuoke clown prince to reward d faithful, patriotic woman jez for 2015 election tinz grin
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2015
That's unfair gaskiya
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Decryptor(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Don't worry, after the dust dies down, they will start paying her the normal rate like before. No be Nigeria we dey?

But wait o...this woman saw N12m and returned it? Josephine Ugwu? An IGBO woman? Where are those monkeys who come to NL to rant about igbo people and their love for money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ismayl: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2015
ruffhandu:
Nigeria!
Did the owner of the money not 'appreciate' her? If he didn't, then that's not fair.
For her level, she has received a fair pay raise, double, and a promotion.
The Ugwu lady said it all, she's happy with her company's management, she prefers integrity to riches, but she wouldn't mind if the govt offers her a better job.
Some people would, like some of her colleagues have said, not return the money if in her shoes. But the truth is, not returning the money would be attended with grave consequences, noticed or unnoticed at this time, which ultimately may lead to a greater loss, or even death.

So, I expect even private employers to go after such character and offer her a better job, not just the government: because such quality brings one before Kings and Princes, not before mean men. I think her employer has encouraged her, it is now left for 'other parties', which include you and I, to encourage her. Doing the opposite of what she did is never a good option.
u dont understand.people like her are in the field of lamido sanusi, soludo, bert nnaji, anduaka, farida waziri, ruqoyyat rufai etc and can not get properly rewarded in this govt,
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Dolemite:
I wouldn't have returned that money! and if I was careless to loose such money I wouldn't expect it back.

Amen to that
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by paragon40(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2015
there is dignity in labour...since she did it for God and not d reward...i blv greener days ahead for her..
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Kolade354(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
I don't care what other people think but this woman right here is Stu.pid and should be killed!!
Most stupid woman I have ever seen, she ought to be killed cos she is just wasting our oxygen and she is addicted to poverty.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by PHfinest(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2015
Just thinking :
1. Any investigation on 12m cash being moved around?
2. If I become president of this country (in 2035) this lady will get national honours
3. NLC don't read papers now because there is no political undertone or benefit for acting.
4. God go bless her nyafu nyafu
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2015
foolish woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Teenagers Arrested For Attempting To Stowaway In Lagos / NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data / What Was Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.