Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million (19229 Views)

Dubai-based Nigerian Man Dies Days After Returning To Nigeria From Dubai(pics) / He Got #7000 For Returning A Lost 12 Million Naira. What Do U Think Guys? / The Reward Of Honest Airport Cleaner Is N7,200 Salary Increment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Uncletony(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2015
God is d ultimate rewarder.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Adewale9(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2015
This too small.....when. Nxt she see such amount make she go return am again...
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2015
And even the owner of the money could not give her a minute fraction of the money, that man must be dangerously stingy and insensitive.....I feel God made him to lose that money on purpose owing to his stingy nature.

Nnne, I feel for you sha. What you did was not wrong, it wasn't dullness either its just that Nigerians never recognise your type. My advise is that you keep being you, don't listen to your colleagues telling you dat u would had done otherwise, its our father in heaven that rewards us.

I wish you more opportunities that would propel this good side of yours into substantial reward.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by persius555(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2015
This woman deserves to be absorbed into the civil service where her type is very very rare to come across. That job of hers is just Bleep...ng demeaning. Why cant our govt reward the very few honest citizens who are a glimmer of hope to image of this country.Its so so painful.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by GodMode: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2015
missojugo:
The people she returned the money to are ingrates that is if they didn't show appreciation to the poor woman. They would have lost all the money if not for her honesty.

The people that lost the money may be criminals... Criminals don't report to police when they lose money..

It could be that the cleaner picked up a "hired contractor" payment...

That's why the headline didn't say "Nigerian loses N12m in Lagos Airport"..
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by zeusdgrt(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2015
Dolemite:
I wouldn't have returned that money! and if I was careless to loose such money I wouldn't expect it back.
she just missed her gift from heaven
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by femmy2010(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2015
I hope the owner of the N12m gave the woman something tangible.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by mrkings84(m): 8:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Am i hearing well? are u peeps talking about 7800 naira or dollars, so u mean someone will work for 30days and receive that as a salary? may God have mercy on Nigeria!!!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by snaiper: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2015
she must b a Jehovah Witness,such xter is typical of them.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by GodMode: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Wizkoko:
did she say she returned the money to get reward? can't you people just do something for God's sake?

god does not exist... If you do something for god's sake you are on your own..
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by 9jatatafo(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2015
If it were to be a serving senator or political figure that returned that money, the FG would have instituted a national honour. That said, the woman will surely get a better reward for her kind heartedness not this peanut called increment of N7,200. The greatest gift she got was satisfaction in the sense that she did what she thought was right.
May God locate your helper this great woman. The owner of the luggage that she returned is a greedy human because I see no reason why he or she couldn't reward that kind woman. Also the airport authority should do something for this woman.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by zeusdgrt(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Bisjosh:
Sometimes you expect more from people.

So only 7200 was added to her salary?

Thats too bad.

Even the owner of the 12m didn't even think to compensate her with at least 1m. Thats so ungrateful!!!

Thats why I don't blame some people when they don't wanna be patriotic nor honest.
that's a fact myluv
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by 1miccza: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2015
That is not enough at allll she deserves more than that what's 15000 in our present day economy??
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Goodnuel: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
I don't care what other people think but this woman right here is Stu.pid and should be killed!!
Buchukwu grin
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by GodMode: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Brugo:
Some of you saying that you would not have returned the money are funny. How would a cleaner like her explain sudden wealth to her friends and family? Eventually the police would find out and it would be terrible.

The owner of that 12 million cash would not mind spending 2 million to track down the thief. We know what our policemen can do with 2 million as incentive. They would sniff her out.

She got almost 50% increase in salary. That is something. In addition, she is now famous. As much as the salary looks paltry, we should consider her job description too. The company she works for rewarded her with a promotion that they didn't prepare for. The owner of the money may have not even paid them a dime in appreciation but they went ahead to do that.

The airport authority that is swimming in scandals and controversy could have used this opportunity to part with some money that would have been embezzled anyway. A one-time reward could transform her life.

Life is not fair sometimes. I'm sure her colleagues will not act honorably like she did because there is apparently little reward.

Firstly, did d peeps that lost the money report it

She doesn't have to explain anything to anyone... Silence is golden..

N12m is enough to help the cleaner and her family disappear...
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by anonimi: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Is the LEGAL MINIMUM wage in our country no longer N18,000

Some people need to be in jail for ILLEGALITY and EXPLOITATION!!!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ireke(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Brugo:
Some of you saying that you would not have returned the money are funny. How would a cleaner like her explain sudden wealth to her friends and family? Eventually the police would find out and it would be terrible.
The owner of that 12 million cash would not mind spending 2 million to track down the thief. We know what our policemen can do with 2 million as incentive. They would sniff her out.
She got almost 50% increase in salary. That is something. In addition, she is now famous. As much as the salary looks paltry, we should consider her job description too. The company she works for rewarded her with a promotion that they didn't prepare for. The owner of the money may have not even paid them a dime in appreciation but they went ahead to do that.
The airport authority that is swimming in scandals and controversy could have used this opportunity to part with some money that would have been embezzled anyway. A one-time reward could transform her life.
Life is not fair sometimes. I'm sure her colleagues will not act honorably like she did because there is apparently little reward.

Good post.

Honesty is a choice.

Showing gratitude is also a choice.

Real honesty in this situation is returning the money even if it is not guaranteed that the owner would "show appreciation". I hope the owner helped her sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by babzlim(m): 8:45am On Mar 18, 2015
God, am so so ashamed of this blessed country, our leader only celebrate political criminals not honest citizens. This lady deserves an office in Government.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Goodnuel: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Good one by the cleaner. What I don't get is how can a human being forget 12m??

Even a mad man won't.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Timoleon(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
I don't care what other people think but this woman right here is Stu.pid and should be killed!!

Haba mana? for returning the 12m?

i agree with you!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by suptol(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Just that? Nawa o sad
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2015
if it was me, i wouldn't return it because for someone to lost that amount in a toilet, the money should be peanuts to him/her..... moreover who told you the money was given back to the owner...... customs officers don share the money......
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Sobeautiful: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2015
This is too bad. So this is all she receives for returning such a huge amount? An increase of N7,200, bringing her salary to N15,000. What a shame. And for the owner of the returned money, could he have walked away without giving her something? I mean something reasonable, not peanut. They are only trying to prove right those that have been abusing her for returning the money. If this is all s mehe gets at the end, then l can only say that they are trying to prove those that abused her for returning the money right and also discouraging other good citizens that would want to do same if found in such a circumstance. Meanwhile is carrying N12m not money laundry?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by pilgrim11(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Bobbo:
Well in cases like this, her reward will come. That's just life. Nature in its self will reward her. God bless her
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ceejay80s(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2015
kennygee:
Her reward is in heaven I guess.

If such a cleaner finds such an amount again, I'm sure she would have learned her lesson.
What makes u think she will be in heaven when she dies?
U know how many other sins wey she don commit?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by teelady(f): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
Badosqi:
Mhen this woman deserves an award.
#600,000, #2m both in december 2014 and now #12m. This woman na baba.
God help me na oo, let me also see dis huge amount of money na ooo(I can't make a promise of what I will do ooo).

like seriously, God intervention in her life three times is wat she fails to comprehend. Dear God let another opportunity present itself for this innocent woman, but in a way she wil understand and grab the opportunity. This country is insane, why act normal in an abnormal circumstance.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by sova(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
gosh,15k hw dox she pay her bills
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Ndukwe007(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Dolemite:
I wouldn't have returned that money! and if I was careless to loose such money I wouldn't expect it back.
you should change your name to ..........
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by tollyson: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Why is her company paying far below the minimum wage? She did the right thing but she deserves a far better job than what she is presently doing. the owner of that money ought to compensate her handsomely too...
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
Thank God she is recognized and rewarded however, paying below minimum wage is an unfair treatment and it is surprising NLC had said nothing about it.

Recognized with N7,200.. imagine the kind of recognition we give corrupt leaders for stealing billions with open-eye grin Nigerians.. like Fela said. we kill petty thieves and promote robbers
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MrPresident1: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2015
emmykk:
12Million.

1.I will Build small N4million house.

2.i will use N5million to get sound 5 tokunbos vans for lagos public transport.

3.i will use N2Million naira for landed property.

4.i will use N1M to flex small small for months.

Honesty nor 4 reach where that 12Million.

Painful those who have head dont have hat,those who have hat dont have head.

Povety don bail-up the mugushi

I will, I will, I will... Your comment reminds me of the rich fool in the Bible.

Luke 12:16-21
16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Teenagers Arrested For Attempting To Stowaway In Lagos / NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data / What Was Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.