Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police (490 Views)

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by MRLINGTON(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2015
The police authority in Kano, Monday explained why it stopped General Buhari’s 1 million man march by Youth group in Kano.
Briefing Reporters on the development, the police Image Maker in Kano, ASP Magaji Musa Majia said that the Sani Abacha stadium venue proposed by the group for the rally was already allocated for National league encounter between Kano Pillars and Bayelsa United.
ASP Magaji Musa Majia stated that the allocation of the said venue was done by the supervising authority on first come first served, pointing out that 3 distinct groups had applied for the venue on same day.
The police local spokesman said ” NFF, Muslims Group whose Quran recitation was scheduled for Saturday at the stadium were among the group that applied for usage of the facility, and as far as I know NFF got the nod on the basis of first come first served. ”
Majia revealed that the right of usage was granted to General Buhari Youth group a day after, pointing out that the decision that prevented the group from streets procession was based on security concerns in the city.
The police spokesman said that similar streets procession proposed earlier by President Jonathan’s Special Adviser on Agriculture, Dr Baraka Sani was denied permission, stressing that “Kano is not like other cities and we have the responsibility to safeguard it’s security”.
He dismissed as blackmail insinuations that police action was politically motivated, adding “in a free world people are free to hold an opinion”.
ASP Magaji Musa Majia expressed the readiness of the police to work with critical stakeholders to ensure peace and stability in the commercial city, pointing out that they would not be distracted by those who holds contra opinions.
He therefore called on politicians to conduct their activities within the confines of the law and refrain action or inaction that would compromise Kano security.

Source:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-we-stopped-general-buharis-1-million-man-march-in-kano-police/
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by kilokeys(m): 6:40am On Mar 18, 2015
a Million March for buhari would transcend to a Million pple chanting , allahu akbar..

then the religious war begins

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 18, 2015
Well it may not be too good for team GMB following the massive support they have in the part of the country but whatever reason I think its a good move by the police. because I just wish everything stay calm in the north before and after the election. whenever I see or hear north in the headline my heart tremble.
To all my northerners pls pls and pls, awareness campaign will go along way to help at this time. let them realise that for as long as there is no post election violence.
we will enjoy the dividend of democracy together.
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by DaBullIT(m): 6:52am On Mar 18, 2015
Its funny how some goats were claiming that Buhari was not bared from any venue , so also

Its convenient for PDP to make up excuses for not letting Buhari use a venue because other people have booked it ,

Hypocrites
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by ichieoriginal(m): 7:11am On Mar 18, 2015
stories like this depicts total play of sheer childishness in nigeria's politics all becos of rivalry...there's never been fairness in allowing opposition parties successfully execute their campaign strategy,all becos of power of incumbency,one story is either coined to give reason why this and that shouldnt happen..dem go just dy trample on their right....na only for naija some kian things d happen...

Every plan to stop buhari I cast and bind

#sia buhari..till GEJ stops playing politics like a toddler

I don't hate him though..
Voted him last time,bt nw he doesn't deserve it no more..

*mtchew..yeye dy smell..#drinkin iya saheed koko tongue

(1) (Reply)

Re: Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices Since 2011 / What The Little Girl Who Donated N10k To Buhari's Campaign Said / See Hot Bikini Pictures Of Gisele Bundchen And Families In A Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.