Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (42159 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by funkyjms: 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
peedeeasobie:

My dear, I'm not married yet. Before you proffer 'dangerous suggestions' to a married person, you must understand the peculiarities of each marriage.
Every union is unique and should be treated as such.

You can't give a blanket advice based on how you feel.

Well, that's true but law doesn't reference 'peculiarities of each marriage'

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Daresh(f): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Talk to him and listen to his explanations add that will guide your decision. It is possible his explanations will open greater sockets. Just try to be calm do that you can pick ask necessary details.

I totally agree
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Evacroft: 9:29pm On May 26, 2016
Dragonking:
Good one. the husband must have discovered that you are nothing but a gold digger. too bad
U must have read through ur Anus,thats why only reason for this sort of comment after reading what she wrote.

3 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Ishilove: 10:06pm On May 26, 2016
People who aren't married be coming here and giving advice
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by yetseyi(f): 6:27am On May 27, 2016
SMH @ most of the comments on page 1.

How will someone suggest A wife has not earned the husbands trust to be his next of kin. I just hope most of the people that comment on Nairaland are not people we meet everyday.

It seems 2 is not 1 in marriage to some people.

Modified: Read through all the posts and I give up. I cant believe some people reason this way.

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 27, 2016
Op, the same thing happened to a family friend of.mine. the husband hit a successful bizness deal, made money, built a lovely huge home for his family of a wife , two sons and two girls.. He then started dating different sorts of women, taking his friends and younger brother on trips. His wife is a fulll time housewife. After A while he contacted HIV aids.. Thank God the wife was not infected.. After flying abroad for treatment, he died after one year later.. As the family were planning to fly him back to the country for burial. His best friend went to meet his wife, who was crying uncontrollably in the sitting room with well wishers.. He waited for everyone to leave , then later called into the dinning room and say look madam, i want to reveal something to u, cos uv bn very kind to me and our friends anytime we come to visit yur husband at home. I am yur husband's right hand man, and as i speak to u now... His family is bringing his corpse, after hes buried within a month's time, his will , will be read by our lawyer , cos we use the same lawyer who is also one of our friends..
In the Will, he stated his younger brother is the beneficiary to his properties and accounts... And i wonder why he did such.. When his first son is his carbon copy and in school.. So madam wake up... Clean those tears and act fast!
The lawyer is our friend. We will meet him, talk to him and he will change the will to the name of your children.. Those children cannot be left to suffer ... While his brother who refuses to work but laze around, collect everything.. No it cant happen.. Are u ready for us to meet with the lawyer or not..?
She said quickly she wiped her tears, followed his best friend to their lawyer and everything was adjusted to the names of their children.
They are staying in their home, the children are still going to their private schools, while his best friend got a job for her in one company as a cook there.

My dear , just be calm.. Start saving yur money... Then later talk to him when hes in a good mood about considering his children as the beneficiaries to secure their future.
Best of luck.
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by okangisaiah(f): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
I and my husband were looking for something in my husband's document when he suddenly brought out a document and showed me where he wrote his brother's name and mine as next of kin. I was surprised n questioned him what his brother's name was doing there. He didn't say a word. Meanwhile, all my documents I put my husband as NOK. From that day I use my 1st daughter.

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by goldmine(f): 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Pap For Babies / Wife Seeks Divorce Over Impotence After Five Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.