Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? (2314 Views)

Her Sister Likes Tying Wrapper Alot Ever Since She Got Married / Bare It All Before Tying That Partner Down. / How Long Should We Date/court Before He Introduces Me To His Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
I searched Nairaland to see if this thread has been created earlier but I didn't come across one of such.

I've always been a student of the school of thought that believes "It's never how far but how well". Recent news of breakups after 5,6,7,8,9,10 and even 11years of Dating/Courtship has confirmed that I've been attending a very good school.

Married Dudes and Ladies, How Long was your courtship before marriage?

As for me, I'm not married. I don't think I can court for anything longer than 3 Years
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by belamour(m): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2015
6 months..... No Regrets

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
belamour:
6 months..... No Regrets
Wow! Sounds cool

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
3 solid years.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Vyolet(f): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
Four years on and off smiley.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
3 solid years.
lol @ solid

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Vyolet:
Four years on and off smiley.
lol. just like couple I know of; They dated on and off for about 9years. At some point, The Lady found the guy guilty of infidelity and the guy also got to know the lady cheated during the relationship. The good thing is that they are married now.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Vyolet(f): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Olutola88:
lol. just like couple I know of; They dated on and off for about 9years. At some point, The Lady found the guy guilty of infidelity and the guy also got to know the lady cheated during the relationship. The good thing is that they are married now.
Lol,ours wasn't even infidelity,we weren't just ready to be married,we agreed to break up and come back if we get sorted. As at the time we met again,none of us was in any serious relationship so within three months,he proposed.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Vyolet:

Lol,ours wasn't even infidelity,we weren't just ready to be married,we agreed to break up and come back if we get sorted. As at the time we met again,none of us was in any serious relationship so within three months,he proposed.
chai! That dude was ordained for you. Even if u ran to Guangzhou city of China, the Gentleman would have still located you.

Btw, I know you were the one that initiated the earlier separation. Na so so shakara grin
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
6.5years... Though we were only friends at the early years...

An amazing person he is smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Hmmm. I go love o
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by jenyna: 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
8years
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Dyt(f): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
Counting fingers
Stops
Rolls eyes
I can't rem jor
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Rosarie(f): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
met feb 28.i said i do march 12.our first date he asked for my hand in marriage saying he asked God for 3 signs(he nva told me,i evn don fogt sef to ask)he saw d three signs in me.d first date he inisited on meetin ma dad.oh boy!dat day i tried all d tricks for him to go evn lied ma dad was a military man and he said a military man is a man like him.i entred bike and he followed and left his car.funny though.did our wedding nov dat year so dat was like 8mnths.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
jenyna:
8years
8 gini?

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 11:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dyt:
Counting fingers
Stops
Rolls eyes
I can't rem jor
Are u married?
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rosarie:
met feb 28.i said i do march 12.our first date he asked for my hand in marriage saying he asked God for 3 signs(he nva told me,i evn don fogt sef to ask)he saw d three signs in me.d first date he inisited on meetin ma dad.oh boy!dat day i tried all d tricks for him to go evn lied ma dad was a military man and he said a military man is a man like him.i entred bike and he followed and left his car.funny though.did our wedding nov dat year so dat was like 8mnths.
Ghen! Ghen!

I suspect these:

1. You are a Pulchritudinous Lady

2. You have an innocent look

3. You “take home to mama” hallmarks are Legendary

4. He is a “complete” man. In fact over complete go dey worry am

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Olutola88:
8 gini?

He could be right. I have seen 10 years too. With God, all things are possible.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2015
12 yrs

sorry

months
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by mayemi(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2015
mine is a year and four months.
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Kikyben2(f): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2015
We met 26th December 2013, he proposed 26th July 2014, we had the introduction 26th August 2014 and had our white and trad wedding 27th December 2014.....everything seemed so fast, but it's really worth it smiley

1 Like

Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Olutola88(m): 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kikyben2:
We met 26th December 2013, he proposed 26th July 2014, we had the introduction 26th August 2014 and had our white and trad wedding 27th December 2014.....everything seemed so fast, but it's really worth it smiley
Chai! See making sense chronological description of romantic events. Rapped up the whole in one year. HML
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by soonest(f): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
2 years
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by duperola(f): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
courted for 6mths,been married for 5yrs now and no regret!
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Kikyben2(f): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Olutola88:
Chai! See making sense chronological description of romantic events. Rapped up the whole in one year. HML
Thanks smiley
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Rosarie(f): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Olutola88:
Ghen! Ghen!

I suspect these:

1. You are a Pulchritudinous Lady

2. You have an innocent look

3. You “take home to mama” hallmarks are Legendary

4. He is a “complete” man. In fact over complete go dey worry am
hahahahaha,thanks bro.he made me kno dat real men dnt meddle wen dey c wat dey want.real men go for it.its bin 3 years n all i keep saying thank God i nva made a wrong choice
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by gcey2k(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Have you tied the knots sad sad wink wink
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by KanwuliaJara: 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
Shorter than the divorce proceedings! grin
Re: Married Folks, How Long Did You Court Before Tying The Knots? by Mhomies: 4:38am On Mar 23, 2015
8 months.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The First 3 Words You See In This Photo? / What's A Laundromat / Ladies Who Get Slapped By Their Man- your views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.