Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) (42491 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India With Indian Hemp. Police Can't Unlock His Phone / Newborn Baby Stuffed In A Sack In Kebbi State (Photo) / Warehouse Filled With Indian Hemp In Lagos State Discovered By NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have arrested a man smuggling 35.115 kilogramme of Cannabis sativa hidden inside sausage rolls to China.

Friday Ogbonna, 33, was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, during a screening of passengers on their way to China, the anti-narcotics agency said in a statement Wednesday.

In addition to Mr. Ogbonna, the agency also arrested David Famolu, 34, and Joy Osamunyi, 26, on their way to Dubai with 4kg and 19.640kg of cannabis respectively.

Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA’s Chairman, said the arrests were made following intelligence reports and intense covert operations by the agency.

“It is pertinent to alert members of the public of fresh plot by drug barons to smuggle cannabis to countries with capital punishment for drug trafficking because of the high profit involved,” said Mr. Giade.

“Drug barons are wicked and callous. They are only interested in making money even at the risk of others sacrificing their precious lives.”

THE SUSPECTS

According to the agency, Mr. Ogbonna told investigators that he was given N100, 000 to smuggle the drugs to China.

“My friend in China gave me N100, 000 to take a bag to China. The last time I travelled to China, he assisted me,” said Mr. Ogbonna, a trader at the Onitsha main market.

“When he gave me the money to take the bag containing gala to China, I thought he was doing me a favour I never knew he was digging my grave. After my arrest, I feel bad and regret my action. I am married with a child.”

Mr. Famolu, a laptop dealer in Lagos, said he was introduced into the smuggling business by a friend.
“I bought the cannabis myself for N44, 000. I was introduced into drug trafficking by a friend who assisted me with my travel documents,” Mr. Famolu said.

“He told me that if I can bring 4kg of cannabis to Dubai that he will pay me half a million naira. That was what encouraged me to take the risk. I blame myself because I should have listened to my conscience.”

Ms. Osamunyi told investigators that she was unaware her bags contained illegal drugs.

“I lost my parents and I sell shoes and female clothes and bags to earn a living,” said Ms. Osamunyi, who hails from Benin, Edo State.
“My friend in Dubai told me that somebody will give me foodstuff to take to him. That was how I collected the bags from the person she sent to me.
“I still find it difficult (to believe) that this will happen to me but I have learnt a bitter and painful lesson in my life.”

Mr. Giade said that the NDLEA had foiled several attempts by drug barons to smuggle cannabis in foodstuff outside the country.

While calling on people to resist the antics of drug barons, the NDLEA boss promised to adopt measures aimed at increasing the effectiveness of drug eradication efforts. Such measures include timely detection of drugs and exposure of modes of operation by drug syndicates.

The suspects will soon be charged to court, according to the agency.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178722-man-arrested-at-lagos-airport-with-indian-hemp-stuffed-in-gala.html

Pix
**Ogbonna Friday Ogbu with the drugs
Friday

**Famolu’s bag showing the drugs

**Osamuyi Joy Omus during arrest

2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pablo Escobars in the making.
Though I see no Gala...
I trust this administration, They shall be given a fair trial, Unlike during that era of bondage (1983-1985). undecided

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
I see no gala :\ is it just me Umu boys hustling to make ego..now the hustling continues na prison yard (except u got the cash to settle the ogas)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
this type of problems wouldn't have happened if the president has fulfilled his empty promises.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
I need money truely but, I love it like a steady dew that will last for a long time but; not like a heavy rainfall that will stop or seize in no distant time..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
lamako:
this type of problems wouldn't have happened if the president has fulfilled his empty promises.
so, u mean that drug business started in GEJ's Administration abii Isn't it obvious that ur brain needs Hypo..

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by pussygotlips: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
sick people everywhere embarassed
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by dunkem21(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
grin
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by yuzjet(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
9ja with hustles! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Adyrin(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Husling things.....!
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by coded01: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Which way forward Naija? angry
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by efilefun(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lol God saved them the General hadn't been sworn in, den for hear wennn. Say no to drug, say no to corruption

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by dave2meek(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Man must chop
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
The creative ways drugs are crossing borders

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by akunjohn(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Things dey happen for naija o
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Adyrin(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
RAM
That's W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t you are!
W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t has this over-ambitions hegoat got to do with Jonathan?
Get some sense dude; you aint growing younger!
lamako:

16 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
lamako:
I don't blame u

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmm......I hope we'll put tribalism aside and condemn this shameful act for what it is.
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Learners.. ask baba suwe how he did it

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by BizBloke(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Chai.

See these guys o. Mehn! shocked shocked

Make money legally, you say na illegal be the way wey you want. iGive up!
Cc: Fhemmmy, LegalWealth

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Adyrin(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Don't mind d animal!
Dude is always looking for shoulders to blame!
BeeBeeOoh:
so, u mean that drug business started in GEJ's Administration abii Isn't it obvious that ur brain needs Hypo..

6 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
Eediots
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by LEXYCOM: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
I no get time to comment now.....I dey watch the down fall of man city.........but oga oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by slap1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
In the long run, crime does not pay.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by Adyrin(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Duncan Mighty!
Atmmachine:
Get rich or die trying.
-# Hustler's Anthem #
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by crisycent: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Any way na way! No look ndlea face
Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
almostFamous:
I see no gala :\ is it just me Umu boys hustling to make ego..now the hustling continues na prison yard (except u got the cash to settle the ogas)
which one come bi your own nah! No bi una dey run after jeep dem people ...

You think say poverty na good tins, get rich or die trying

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) by LKO(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
People would still not learn. Very pathetic and unfortunate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Police Foiled Attack On A Police Station In Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Three Men Kill Their Friend In Order To Steal His Dangote Truck. Photos / Lady Battered, Escapes Robber Who Tried To Rape Her In Bayelsa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.