Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,741 members, 7,837,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari (23805 Views)

US To Press Nigeria To Devalue Naira - Reuters / Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! / Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by 3direct: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
My love for this man is slightly growing!!

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Burger01(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015
samnificent:
This Buhari Guy self... Let's give a try and saee what he can do
That's it! We've seen what Jonathan has got to offer for 6 gruesome years. We need that change before Nigeria becomes irredeemable..
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Rawani:
Before Jonathan
$1=N153.55
After Jonathan
$1=N202.65

Nigeria needs Buharinomics.

We have always known the subsidy was a scam, even before the corrupt subsidy earners were caught by Farouk Lawan's subsidy committee before they went on to bribe and set him up, because the numbers don't just add up.

General Buhari we cannot wait for you to stop Jonathan's destruction of our economy while feeding the masses with paper economic growth statistics.

We need change.

i sent money at 197 stop it it has been under 200 for a while enemies of progress will continue to fail. If you check the trend it started in 2014 when America completely stopped buying oil from us. Like your master I am sure you thinks The Presidents Office Stabalizes World Oil Prices. We don't need to be ruled by a quasi military government. That GEJ stop paying IBB and OBJ ghost employees is called progress.
APC is change alright ..... Short Change.... Ask the suffering Lagosians and Riverians the Imolites, how APC has changed the average citizen. So GEJ bribed Western agencies to rate Nigeria at the top? A Buhari that has Already Changed to not fighting corruption in the past including collecting the millions overseas that his employees stole and dash aka Abacha all under the corruption fighters waych The person that is the 1st Minister of Oil he is a terrible manger in his youth imagine with onset dementia. Unbelievable Nigerians never want to stand up to these Dodden Barrick Touts IBB OBJ, and Buhari. Enough is enough Nigerian youths will stand up to these old soliders if our parents couldn't we will!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Burger01(m): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2015
Vig86:
The person that taught you the economic implications of subsidy and devaluation didn't teach you that there are some economic shocks that will leave you with no option than to play along. The devaluation of Naira will help enhance exports and minimise capital outflow. Those paying for their kids in foreign countries bears the pain, and it's the rich(they can afford it). Since the news of naira digging the ground to bury itself, I haven't seen Mama Chy's price of Garri changed. The price of rice still the same at least, from where I am staying.
Many people in Nigeria live in abject existence and bruh, believe you me, these people won't give a hoot for this your write up.undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by eleko1: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Abeg,free him papa from his son MADNESS,biko
adepiero:
While you are ranting, quickly point out what your father has done for this country since his birth.
Nah his State of poverty dey make him spewed rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Goovo(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
For Nigerians, the available has become the desirable. No matter how much I think Buhari needs some brushing up, I think he's still better than the bros we currently have there.

Leadership requires courage, capacity and character. Jonathan has none of these.

We shouldn't even be talking about a man who left government over 32 years ago if jonathan was really doing well . But here we are, stuck between two bad choices.
bros, u just hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by anonimi: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Skoopy:
Nigeria's economy under GEJ grows only on paper, I am yet to see any improvement, however minor, in the lives of the ordinary Nigerian.

You cannot see what you do not WANT to see.

Your choice to be BLIND is entirely yours.

Enjoy your blissful ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by medamillion(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2015
I ask that you join this effort, not for me, but to establish a better land for all of us. I understand and accept the hard challenge ahead. When all is said and done, let it be written that Muhammadu Buhari gave his all for this nation"--GMB

SAI BABAAAAAA!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by joe4christ(m): 8:59am On Mar 19, 2015
centmichael101:
If u don't know by now that jonathan have beaten buhari off the poll then u are on a wrong things!!

I fear for your sanity, you just dont strike me like someone who is alright evident by this post.
You've lost it mehn!
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by eleko1: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2015
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink grin embarassed
Alenkakent:

I think u need a brain
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2015
isn't he d 1 dat started d fuel subsidy tin mtsheww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by fasbat(m): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Listen, you don't have to vote for him, that is fine. But he has enough voters that will realize that objective of electing him into office. This is a movement, it's not just about Buhari. The Nigerians masses OWN this movement.
you are spot on, ds movement is beyond GMB's comprehension and d nig masses own ds monumental movement. Will be happy to tell my grand-children d story how a 73 yrs old man rescued Nig ! Whao,Americans give thanks to Reagan dt bailed USA out, we shall tell a positive story by God's grace ...amen

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Nakarey(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2015
3direct:
My love for this man is slightly growing!!

Let that love grow...am very sure we won't regret it.
Sai buhari
#changehascome
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by anonimi: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2015
Burger01:

That's it! We've seen what Jonathan has got to offer for 6 gruesome years. We need that change before Nigeria becomes irredeemable..

We've seen how Thief'nuibu cabal ruined Lagos state for 16 gruesome years.

We need that change before Lagos state becomes irredeemable!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2015
fasbat:
you are spot on, ds movement is beyond GMB's comprehension and d nig masses own ds monumental movement. Will be happy to tell my grand-children d story how a 73 yrs old man rescued Nig ! Whao,Americans give thanks to Reagan dt bailed USA out, we shall tell a positive story by God's grace ...amen
What Regan did what? Regan had the same dementia Buhari does read his wife's book. Bush was making money with weapons selling to Iran Iraq South America. They took the dollar off the gold standard I mean unbelievable Buhari supporters are like those ignorant backwoods white trash Republicans, believe CNN like its God talking, the enemy of people of color, is Nigerians favorite source of misinformation. Please APC read books, research get your certificate undecided
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Listen, you don't have to vote for him, that is fine. But he has enough voters that will realize that objective of electing him into office. This is a movement, it's not just about Buhari. The Nigerians masses OWN this movement.

true! its not just about Buhari, Its about Justice!
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by tuniski: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Hmmm minority masses abi! The majority masses are with Jonathan! NW and some tinubbu's yoruba can win presidency it has to be pan nigerian mandate. Buhari can't win 25% in 2/3 states let alone popular votes. He is only a creation of the gullible! GEjtill2019 unstoppable.
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by zingywingy: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2015
See your response
Fool
SeverusSnape:
What does Buhari know about economy?... Absolutely nothing!, You didn't devalue the Naira, right?...Oya, Come and stabilize world oil price let's see. Nonsense!!!
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by menesheh(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2015
Jarus:
To those who didn't understand Buhari's economic orientation, you may want to read this article by SLS in 2002,

https://www.nairaland.com/515122/buharism-economic-theory-political-economy

Yes i ve finished reading, what's next.

Is it widely accepted as a good economic strategy
Which economy or countries gave it a try
In what economic significant is buharism to the economy at the time it was praticed in Nigeria

Bruh we don't need ideas unscientifically in these trying time
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Intrepidone(m): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
What does Buhari know about economy?... Absolutely nothing!, You didn't devalue the Naira, right?...Oya, Come and stabilize world oil price let's see. Nonsense!!!
It is either your dump to have sense or you dumbed down to follow GEJ.

Sai Buhari
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You are naive of devaluation.
See,if your earnings is dependent on a product and the product price did not crash,simple economics tells you devaluation is no go area because export earnings frequency earnings are not affected.There were not sharp practices at the interbank.So if GMB had devalued,it will only favour foreign investors but it will kill the local producers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Intrepidone:

It is either your dump to have sense or you dumbed down to follow GEJ.

Sai Buhari
You're a foolish cow.
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Izontubo(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2015
If only buhari and osibanjo spilled out plans they have for the Niger delta then they would have had more votes from maybe the Niger delta..as for me all I care about is the stop against marginalization of the Niger delta and it's resources...any president that can accomplish would be welcomed...in my heart I am tired of Jonathan because he has actually not met with the demands of Niger delta,rather he is enriching those rogues called militants while the real youths who want to work are shoved aside...As it is I don't think buhari can put the Niger deltans in his plans,so we Niger deltans have decided to still stick to GEJ hoping he can turn things around for the Niger delta and Nigeria at large...make I no talk lie I tire for GEJ especially denzieni...that woman na him annoy me pass for this world... angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2015
zingywingy:
See your response
Fool
You're a foolish cow
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2015
tuniski:
Hmmm minority masses abi! The majority masses are with Jonathan! NW and some tinubbu's yoruba can win presidency it has to be pan nigerian mandate. Buhari can't win 25% in 2/3 states let alone popular votes. He is only a creation of the gullible! GEjtill2019 unstoppable.

Those you call 'gullible' are the over 50million unemployed and underemployed Nigerians. They're also the millions seeking justice against corruption that your paymaster met and turned to a tradition.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2015
tempest69:
Thinking with your anus due to dog sperm product. Dummy!!!!
Pained mofo grin
You're a foolish cow
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by Burger01(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2015
anonimi:

We've seen how Thief'nuibu cabal ruined Lagos state for 16 gruesome years.

We need that change before Lagos state becomes irredeemable!!!
Well, that's for Lagos state, I don't give a hoot. Presidential and national matter is d one wey concern man pikiin called Burger01cheesy
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2015
brainpulse:
What he knows your families does not know
... And what I know, your generations will not know. You're a foolish cow
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Alenkakent:

ure even more clueless than ur paymaster...
which era are u now?
slave or bondage?
oponu ode
You're more illiterate than Buhari.
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by jerrymej(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Naija!
Hmm! Who do you'll not speak to his/her favour.

Everyone 'll always disagree with the other's opinion, and when they are tested, is either they still maintain the same operative mood of they turn worst that the previous!

Well, that's his time! But I know Nigeria is growing from worst to worst.

Corruption everyday...
Re: Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari by flickers72(m): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2015
I'm not glamouring for GEJ or Buhari,but the truth is that people should be careful for what they wish.I was opportuned to listen to Buhari speech and honestly can't understand what he was all about,what has GEJ done that is so bad for people to vote in a Man with no political agenda,corruption is not only in the government but the citizens as well,to eradicate this we Nigerians should stop thinking making Money in anyway is ideal,we all are in this together.From mothers to fathers and to kids corruption has eaten up everything,how can Buhari fight corruption when he has people tinubu,amechi and the rest with him?Nigeria is like a pond of fish everyone wants to come fish out their own fish,Nigerians the solution is not GEJ or Buhari because none of them can change the country,but still people can understand GEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons To Prove Goodluck Jonathan’s Administration Was A Waste – APC / Abdulmumin Jibrin And Femi Falana At The Court Of Appeal (Photos) / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.