Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Can God Do Any And Everything? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Do Any And Everything? (965 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2009
Christains believe that the  bibleGod can do anything and everything, but is that true? Let's take a look at the bible and see.
Judges 1:19
The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

The passage says that God was with the men of Judah in a battle, yet they couldn’t drive out the enemies because the other side was riding upon chariots of iron. Why do Christians believe that their God is all powerful and can do all things for them when the bible clearly shows that he can not even defeat ordinary men because they rode on chariots of iron.   If God is with someone, shouldn’t this person be able to do the miracles that every other God-accompanied individual performs as it is  written all through the bible? Is it that the redactors didn't proof read this part before they included  this very embarrassing part in the bible? What is it about the men with Iron chariots that got made the bibleGod unable to defeat them? I thought he was able to kill over 1 million Ethiopians in one battle, he was able to make the sun "stand still" for more than 24 hours so that his "chosen people" people can go ahead and kill off all their "enemies". Why was he unable to wipe out people who were on iron chariots?
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by kolaoloye(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2009
bindex:

Christains believe that the  bibleGod can do anything and everything, but is that true? Let's take a look at the bible and see.
Judges 1:19
The passage says that God was with the men of Judah in a battle, yet they couldn’t drive out the enemies because the other side was riding upon chariots of iron. Why do Christians believe that their God is all powerful and can do all things for them when the bible clearly shows that he can not even defeat ordinary men because they rode on chariots of iron.   If God is with someone, shouldn’t this person be able to do the miracles that every other God-accompanied individual performs as it is  written all through the bible? Is it that the redactors didn't proof read this part before they included  this very embarrassing part in the bible? What is it about the men with Iron chariots that got made the bibleGod unable to defeat them? I thought he was able to kill over 1 million Ethiopians in one battle, he was able to make the sun "stand still" for more than 24 hours so that his "chosen people" people can go ahead and kill off all their "enemies". Why was he unable to wipe out people who were on iron chariots?
There is a reason for everything,
Read the scripture below to satisfy your curiosity.There is nothing that God cannot do.
No situation is difficult for Him to handle
Judges 2: 20-23
Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel and said,
"Because this nation has violated the covenant that I laid down for their forefathers and has not listened to me,

21[b] I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died[/b].

22 I will use them to test Israel and see whether they will keep the way of the LORD and walk in it as their forefathers did."

23 The LORD had allowed those nations to remain; he did not drive them out at once by giving them into the hands of Joshua.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by manmustwac(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2009
@post
Well he's doing nothing for the masses that praise him and worship him every sunday. Or if he is doing something i can't see any signs
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2009
kola oloye:

There is a reason for everything,
Read the scripture below to satisfy your curiosity.There is nothing that God cannot do.
No situation is difficult for Him to handle
Judges 2: 20-23
Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel and said,
"Because this nation has violated the covenant that I laid down for their forefathers and has not listened to me,

21[b] I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died[/b].

22 I will use them to test Israel and see whether they will keep the way of the LORD and walk in it as their forefathers did."

23 The LORD had allowed those nations to remain; he did not drive them out at once by giving them into the hands of Joshua.

Must you keep on lying to yourself all the time? Christans will see whte and say its red just because they want t keep living n their world of delusion. what has Judges 2: 20-23 got to do with Judges 1: 19? they are two entirely different stories.

Here is the passage from the begging of the chapter.

Jdg 1:1 After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked the LORD, "Who will be the first to go up and fight for us against the Canaanites?"
Jdg 1:2 The LORD answered, "Judah is to go; I have given the land into their hands."
Jdg 1:3 Then the men of Judah said to the Simeonites their brothers, "Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours." So the Simeonites went with them.
Jdg 1:4 When Judah attacked, the LORD gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into their hands and they struck down ten thousand men at Bezek.
Jdg 1:5 It was there that they found Adoni-Bezek and fought against him, putting to rout the Canaanites and Perizzites.
Jdg 1:6 Adoni-Bezek fled, but they chased him and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes.
Jdg 1:7 Then Adoni-Bezek said, "Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them." They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.
Jdg 1:8 The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem also and took it. They put the city to the sword and set it on fire.
Jdg 1:9 After that, the men of Judah went down to fight against the Canaanites living in the hill country, the Negev and the western foothills.
Jdg 1:10 They advanced against the Canaanites living in Hebron (formerly called Kiriath Arba) and defeated Sheshai, Ahiman and Talmai.
Jdg 1:11 From there they advanced against the people living in Debir (formerly called Kiriath Sepher).
Jdg 1:12 And Caleb said, "I will give my daughter Acsah in marriage to the man who attacks and captures Kiriath Sepher."
Jdg 1:13 Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother, took it; so Caleb gave his daughter Acsah to him in marriage.
Jdg 1:14 One day when she came to Othniel, she urged him [fn] to ask her father for a field. When she got off her donkey, Caleb asked her, "What can I do for you?"
Jdg 1:15 She replied, "Do me a special favor. Since you have given me land in the Negev, give me also springs of water." Then Caleb gave her the upper and lower springs.
Jdg 1:16 The descendants of Moses' father-in-law, the Kenite, went up from the City of Palms [fn] with the men of Judah to live among the people of the Desert of Judah in the Negev near Arad.
Jdg 1:17 Then the men of Judah went with the Simeonites their brothers and attacked the Canaanites living in Zephath, and they totally destroyed [fn] the city. Therefore it was called Hormah. [fn]
Jdg 1:18 The men of Judah also took [fn] Gaza, Ashkelon and Ekron--each city with its territory.
Jdg 1:19 The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

Deal with it and stop spinning verses that have absolutely nothing to do with each other just to prove a point that does not exist. The bibleGod was unable to defeat the people because they had chariots of iron. Keep in mind that in the begining before the men of Judah went to war this is what he said "Judah is to go; I have given the land into their hands." . After making such a declearation he was unable to defeat men because they were riding chariots of iron. what an all powerful being!
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by huxley(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2009
Can you create something that is too heavy for you to lift?

Can god to the same - create something that is too heavy for him to lift?
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by olabowale(m): 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2009
Huxley, Allah/God Almighty Creator, by virtue of His ability to create, Lords over everything. For you to therefore postulate that He should create something that He can't not lift is silly. What you are therefore saying is that He should create something He can not Lord over and have no authority or command over.

Lifting is done by creations. True commands and authorities belong to Allah/The God. Just like He restricts Himself from punishing you now, allowing you to gain wisdom to go back to your reality, as a creation, or deepening yourself further into that final day reality of punishment, Allah says it is not befitting that He has an offspring. So is the situation about creating something impossible for Him to Lord over, lift, etc.

If there is something He can not lift, as by His immediate Command, then He is not the Lord of all things. Remember that Jesus was reported not to know the time of the hour. This is not the reality with Allah. He knows everything, always, nothing is unknown to Him.

Creations are under Him. To create something too heavy to lift, falls short of the complete in Command of Allah. Think about it.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by olabowale(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2009
And by the way, Huxley, Allah is not human being. Humans have limitation, and that is why you have that inability to lift everything.

By the way, see the Power of Allah; He made your heart so terrible that you do not believe in Him. Can you proof Him wrong by becoming Muslim, since Christianity failed to shore up your heart?

You remind me of Abu Lahab who was told for 10 years before he died in the Qur'aan that he will die not believing his nephew, the prophet (AS). he said the prophet was a liar, but never proved him wrong and he died as a disbeliever!

Bindex, this is also your case.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2009
olabowale:

And by the way, Huxley, Allah is not human being. Humans have limitation, and that is why you have that inability to lift everything.

By the way, see the Power of Allah; He made your heart so terrible that you do not believe in Him. Can you proof Him wrong by becoming Muslim, since Christianity failed to shore up your heart?

You remind me of Abu Lahab who was told for 10 years before he died in the Qur'aan that he will die not believing his nephew, the prophet (AS). he said the prophet was a liar, but never proved him wrong and he died as a disbeliever!

Allah is more impotent than Jehovah, he should first of all wake up from his everlasting slumber and deal with the Jews( his arch enemies) who are killing his slaves with impunity in Gaza first before you come here and tell us of how powerful he is. He is powerless.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Ovamboland(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2009
bindex:

Allah is more impotent than Jehovah, he should first of all wake up from his everlasting slumber and deal with the Jews( his arch enemies) who are killing his slaves with impunity in Gaza first before you come here and tell us of how powerful he is. He is powerless.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oga Bindex that hurts, must you rub salt on an injury? lipsrsealed angry embarassed cry wink grin
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by FBS: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2009
god is everything. he has no limitations.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 10:42am On Jan 20, 2009
FBS:

god is everything. he has no limitations.

The only limitation he has are men who are no chariots or iron, he just can not handle them.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Ben13: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2009
mind your tongue, keyboard man,

don't stimulate HIM, He can do all things.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Image123(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2009
@bindex
you continue to entertain me by your belief in this passage and disbelief in the other passages like God dividing the Red Sea
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
you continue to entertain me by your belief in this passage and disbelief in the other passages like God dividing the Red Sea

I am just trying to show you guys how absurd your beliefs are? You believe that the bibleGod killed one million people in a day, commanded the sun to standstill so that his people can kill off all their enemies but he was'nt able to defeat men because they had chariots of iron? grin grin grin grin this is really absurd.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Image123(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2009
@bindex
you're simply displaying your incapacity at understanding spiritual things. Its absurd that you have faith in that passage.you need more faith to understand well.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
you're simply displaying your incapacity at understanding spiritual things. Its absurd that you have faith in that passage.you need more faith to understand well.

I dont have any faith in any passage I just found it ridiculous and absurd how it is that the bibleGod could not defeat people because they rode on chariots of iron. I bet the bibe writer did'nt proof read it before including it in the bible.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by olabowale(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Bindex: « #7 on: Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM »

Quote from: olabowale on Yesterday at 10:39:48 PM

The Children of Israel, aka the jews are not arch enemies of Allah. You know it and I know it. If you read the Qur'aan, you will see that the enemies of Allah are the disbelievers. You happen to fall in this class of people.

Allah says that everyone has his/her appointed time. Look at the condition of Ariel Sharon, today. Who could have predicted that he will be a mere shadow of his former self in the state of coma that he lingers, presently?

You, like every evil soul have your appointed time. You will soon wither to nothingness, say at the age of 150 years. I give you even another 100 years on top. It will be just like yesterday when you look back at a life full of evil deeds. Then you will meet the Lord God Allah the Almighty you so much denied. Where you gonna run to then, Bindex?

You will see how powereful He is then, when you because of your evil deeds is dragged into the hell of fire.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2009
olabowale:

@Bindex: « #7 on: Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM »
The Children of Israel, aka the jews are not arch enemies of Allah. You know it and I know it. If you read the Qur'aan, you will see that the enemies of Allah are the disbelievers. You happen to fall in this class of people.

Allah says that everyone has his/her appointed time. Look at the condition of Ariel Sharon, today. Who could have predicted that he will be a mere shadow of his former self in the state of coma that he lingers, presently?

You, like every evil soul have your appointed time. You will soon wither to nothingness, say at the age of 150 years. I give you even another 100 years on top. It will be just like yesterday when you look back at a life full of evil deeds. Then you will meet the Lord God Allah the Almighty you so much denied. Where you gonna run to then, Bindex?

You will see how powereful He is then, when you because of your evil deeds is dragged into the hell of fire.

Ok I am a disbeliever hence I am an enemy of Allah, tell him to come and kill me if he can.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Image123(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
@bindex
faith simply means belief.You believe in that verse thats why you're ranting about it.You're excited because you think you found an error/mistake.The positives you're not happy about like Jesus been born of a virgin.that one to you is a lie and a fairytale.But the verse in question to you,it actually happened.quit hypocrisy
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by bindex(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
faith simply means belief.You believe in that verse thats why you're ranting about it.You're excited because you think you found an error/mistake.The positives you're not happy about like Jesus been born of a virgin.that one to you is a lie and a fairytale.But the verse in question to you,it actually happened.quit hypocrisy

Nothing like that ever happened, read my post again. Do you think I believe that the war ever happened the way it was portrayed in the bible? Christains believe that the bibleGod is so powerful that he destroyed an army of 1 million in a day (which is another lie) but could not defeat men because they rode on chariots of iron? all I was trying to do is to point out how the entire belief sounds absurd. I guess the bible writers did not see this one before they included it in the bible. There are so many errors/ mistakes that have been corrected in the bible over time. I just wonder why this embarrasing one still remains there.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by Image123(m): 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2009
@bindex
you only feel its embarrassing because you don't understand it.You don't understand spiritual things nor do you understand their import.I wish you understood.
The only errors corrected were typographic errors or errors in translation,not a change in the original text to hide something.stop the hypocrisy,stop painting things and stop copying and pasting.Do your personal study and help yourself.And try reading the bible systematically for yourself.you'll understand it better than you presently do, though no way near the understanding of people who have eternal life.
Re: Can God Do Any And Everything? by olabowale(m): 1:19am On Jan 21, 2009
@Bindex: Relax. Your time to die will come, soon enough. But whenevr it is, you can not delay it a moment. Yet now that you want to quicken it, you can not do it. If you think you can escape Allah, then leave His earth. Dont eat His vegetations, His animals, etc. Dont drink His fluids, or breath His air.

(1) (Reply)

Any Agnostics/atheists On Nairaland? / Seun, Thanks For Creating The Religion Forum / The King Of King Is Around! Are U Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.