Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

First Time Mothers! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Time Mothers! (6872 Views)

Frst Time Mothers Have Trouble Breastfeeding / Abuja / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: First Time Mothers! by pjthatcher: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
so loving this group. am a first time mum with a one month old colicky baby. kishi sleeps well during the day but is awake at night not throughout though but wakes up often esp when the stomach is worrying him even after using a hot cloth on the navel. I heard gripe water is not good for babies too but am using infacol for him though not everyday. I read online that their is really no drug that can stop it but what the drug can do is to suppress it. may God help us cuz it is easy.
if my baby sleeps during breastfeeding he does not belch what can I do
Re: First Time Mothers! by tiebe: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
pjthatcher:

if my baby sleeps during breastfeeding he does not belch what can I do

My daughter used to do that as well. when ever she breastfeeds, she will sleep. and i did not want to wake her to belch in case she doesnt go back to sleep. so, what i used to do is to make her belch sometime into the feeding. you can never really remove ALL the gas from a child's belly when feeding. but making her belch half way usually helps. if she is extra gassy, u can use the style of carrying her on ur shoulder and pat her gently on her back to make her belch. sorry if i keep saying her. it's easier than saying he/she. . .

as for your baby sleeping, if she sleeps a lot during the day, it will be hard to sleep at night as well. even we as adults, if we spend the day sleeping, sleeping at night will be difficult. so, what i suggest, try to keep ur baby awake from 4pm till evening. that should help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? / About House Helps: Work Schedules, Limits/Chores;Please Share Your Experiences / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.