Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? (6874 Views)

Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Daughter Gets Her Mother An Iphone 7 On Mothers Day, Her Reaction Is Epic (Video / What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by selflessguru: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
A woman today reportedly ran mad after discovering the father of her two kids and husband for 6 years had died since 2002.

According to LeadersNg, it was pandemonium and endless drama in old port Harcourt town waterside as a woman identified as Grace Amadi by her neighbors ran mad this Friday afternoon after making a shocking discovery that her husband of 6 years and father to her 2 children had died since 2002.
A source told LeadersNg that Mrs Grace and her husband whose name was given as Tony had been married since 2010 and have been living peacefully with their 2 daughters who were both conceived in 2011 and 2013 respectively.
Mr Tony had left for his job normally this morning and today was supposed to be a normal day in their lives until she received a visitor in the late hours of the morning who claimed he was a distant relative of Tony. The visitor’s exact conversation with Grace could not be extracted from either of them as the visitor left shortly before Mrs Grace began to scream in disbelief and rage, several times throwing herself on the floor to induce injuries. A source at the scene says neighbors gathered round and saw old pictures of Tony lying on the floor, apparently left behind by the visitor for Mrs Grace.
The source was also shocked at the pictures left behind, one was wedding ceremony pictures of Tony and another woman dated May 2000, another was a car accident wreckage which had allegedly killed Tony, another was Tony’s remains lying in an open casket apparently depicting his funeral dated July 2002, the last one was a picture of a grave headstone carrying the full name and the dates of birth and death. The mystery remains, how is someone who had died in 2002 alive and well and even remarried with children?
Attempts were made to reach Mr Tony by phone but they all proved abortive as his number was not reachable. A delegation of neighbors were sent to his office to retrieve Mr Tony but the delegation returned empty handed and revealed that Mr Tony never arrived at the office that morning as he drove out for work from his house.
Mrs Grace had since be taken to a local prayer house for spiritual treatment against the advice of a psychiatric home while her children are being looked after by her neighbors as they look on confused. Maybe one day they will be old enough to be told that their father had died before they were born.

Cc @seun @Lalasticlala lol na only africa this dey happen ??

3 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by normaljenny(m): 12:02am On Oct 08, 2016
Same thing happened in my village
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by jopretty(f): 12:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Na wa oo. So, she didn't for once go to his village before and after the marriage? Hian!!
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Aristo3146(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2016
Science should have a better explanation to this...Our religious extremist will only complicate issues and end up confusing themselves and the masses...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Mikylopez(f): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2016
did is really scary and weird do things like this really happen?
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Lisaflex(f): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2016
I hv neva doubted d existence of fnz like ds,but I'm yet 2 understand how smtn like dt can happen....I jes want it 2 mk sense,I need an explanation... Did d dead person strike sm sort of deal in d great beyond? If yes, with who n what does d person want in return? I hate it wen stuff doesn't mk sense 2 me!

1 Like

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Miriam19(f): 1:08am On Oct 08, 2016
I don't believe in such undecided

Only in Nollywood

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by benodic: 1:32am On Oct 08, 2016
if you understand the things that soul can do then what happened will not be a mystery at all. some souls who lose their physical bodies suddenly at a time their desires are not yet fulfilled can mock up another physical body and continue their existence in the physical plane until they fulfill what they had wanted to do. for example a soul that wanted to have a family but was denied by an accident can mock up another physical body and marry and have the children. onced discovered, he simply dissolves the physical body and moves on.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by blazer234: 3:02am On Oct 08, 2016
benodic:

if you understand the things that soul can do then what happened will not be a mystery at all. some souls who lose their physical bodies suddenly at a time their desires are not yet fulfilled can mock up another physical body and continue their existence in the physical plane until they fulfill what they had wanted to do. for example a soul that wanted to have a family but was denied by an accident can mock up another physical body and marry and have the children. onced discovered, he simply dissolves the physical body and moves on.

And how do they do this?
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by benodic: 8:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Outside the limitations of the physical body, you will discover that soul once unfettered can do a lot of things. That is why the first step in solving the mystery of life is for man to first know himself as great Socrates once said.
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by sisisioge: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2016
But we all liked the second chance soap nau. I think she should just have calmly taken the news and hope he comes back home jare.

God forbid, if her pikin die and decides to come back to her would she have ran mad? One of the images that haunts me still is that of a young mother whose child died in my friend previous House. The woman was in a bad state...crying without making a sound. I couldn't say anything (kinda suck at stuffs like that)... Just hugged and kept rocking her. Eventually she said "pls tell the Lord to bring her back to me". Lordylordy... No be small thing.
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by pretydiva(f): 9:33am On Oct 08, 2016
So she nor even follow d guy go knw him people bah. This should serve as a lesson 2 all these baby mama. Dats if at all dis story is true
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2016
I've heard bout such stuff before. I still dunno how possible it is. undecided
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by MARKone(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2016
How do Ghosts father children. Don't believe jare. Wetin the children go be, half man half ghost.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by sandiyke(f): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
Things happen. It happened to one of our family friends when I was younger.

This time it was the lady that was the ghost

As I type this I'm still scared from the shock.

God help us all

1 Like

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Amicable24: 10:34am On Oct 08, 2016
jopretty:
Na wa oo. So, she didn't for once go to his village before and after the marriage? Hian!!
Help me ask oooo undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by corisande: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2016
i hear about lots of stories such as this but i doubt it. reincarnation in adulthood? in my place when a person dies, if any of his family member is pregnant and gives birth to same sex during the time of that person's death they say he or she has reincarnated. coincidentally, the child born may have a resemblance in character or even a birthmark same as the person who died. this is strange, i know genetics and hereditary, people can be alike or so. This adult own hmmmmm
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by EfemenaXY: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2016
Gobbledygook.

@op: source? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Opistorincos(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
So akudayaism is real cry
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by phranq(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
jopretty:

my dear its vry vry possible. I hv an uncle dat is in d military. his wife n children hv neva bin to our village. my uncle has neva bin to d wife's village either. pple jst get married n pregnant without informing any of dia relatives.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by k4kenny(f): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
I've seen a nollywood movie with the exact storyline nah grin also set in port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by jopretty(f): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmm! Very strange.
phranq:

my dear its vry vry possible. I hv an uncle dat is in d military. his wife n children hv neva bin to our village. my uncle has neva bin to d wife's village either. pple jst get married n pregnant without informing any of dia relatives.
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by 3sexy: 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
Bullcrap!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by njiasi30(f): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmm, things do happen. Mystery of life... undecided may God deliver her.... cry
Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Ishilove: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dem sey dem sey. Which kind of crappy journalism is this? No pictorial evidence whatsoever and you want us to believe??

3 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Iseoluwani: 6:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Picture or I don't believe this

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by symbianDON(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
when I was a student at ABU Zaria, my then roommate's best friend had gone to visit him during the break. on his way back to Lagos, he was killed but my roomie was oblivious of what happened but he later got to hear and he went to attend the funeral. upon resumption to school, my roomie went to their guardian to pick his things and informed the man and his family of the mishap that befell his friend. the were surprised because, according to them, the supposed late friend had come to zaria not too long ago to pack all his things on the pretext that he was traveling abroad and wasn't coming back. shockingly, the date he visited then coincided with the exact date he was buried. mysteriously too, my roomie never found all the books he borrowed from his late friend.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Arielle: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
As unbelievable as it sounds, I have heard this about someone I know of. It was quite a scandal at the time. The woman was a popular akara seller opposite the hospital in a town called Ikom in cross river state. This happened I think in the 80 ' s so my memory is a bit sketchy. But she was well known. She was married with children. A visitor saw her and went back to her family in Akwa Ibom to report that he had seen a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to their daughter who had died over 10 years before. The woman's brother went back with the man, and was directed to her house. When he saw her he started wailing and confronted her openly. She entered her room, locked the door and vanished. At least that was the narration we heard. Suffice it to say, the woman's children are still there and the whole community knows the story. The madam vanished till today. Creepy! The Yoruba's call them akudaaya I think. Fascinating. I like paranormal stories.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
Why is it that such things only happen in Nigeria? You never hear about this is in Oyinbo country. It's obvious the man abandoned his first family by employing the help of someone to stage the pictures. Someone threatened to expose him and he ran before he was discovered.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by baby124: 3:40am On Oct 14, 2016
Runaway useless spouses, employing the help of fake friends and fake families.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
sandiyke:
Things happen. It happened to one of our family friends when I was younger.

This time it was the lady that was the ghost

As I type this I'm still scared from the shock.

God help us all

Someone lied to you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discovers She's Being Married To A Dead Man For 6 Years - Her Reaction ? by Realhommie(m): 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
symbianDON:
when I was a student at ABU Zaria, my then roommate's best friend had gone to visit him during the break. on his way back to Lagos, he was killed but my roomie was oblivious of what happened but he later got to hear and he went to attend the funeral. upon resumption to school, my roomie went to their guardian to pick his things and informed the man and his family of the mishap that befell his friend. the were surprised because, according to them, the supposed late friend had come to zaria not too long ago to pack all his things on the pretext that he was traveling abroad and wasn't coming back. shockingly, the date he visited then coincided with the exact date he was buried. mysteriously too, my roomie never found all the books he borrowed from his late friend.
Stories like these sound so untrue yet are real...

I'v heard so many and i do believe but there has to be an explanation.

I really wish my kid bro is somewhere else living right now and hopefully we'll get to find out in the future bout his family this way too. We lost him in 2012 and he was only 19.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Home ‘n’ Moore — Kitchen Appliances/Utensils/Souvenirs At Best Prices! / About House Helps: Work Schedules, Limits/Chores;Please Share Your Experiences / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.