Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill (19701 Views)

Uber Driver Strangled To Death In Lagos / Prostitute Strangled In Lagos Hotel Room / Landlord’s Son Stabs Tenant To Death Over Electricity Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by prevail23(m): 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2015

The police in Ogun State are on the trail of a female tenant, simply identified as Sakirat, who allegedly strangled her landlady to death over electricity bill.

The incident occurred at Mowe, Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State, few days ago.

Sakirat allegedly sneaked into her landlady’s apartment and strangled her to death, before escaping from the community, after it dawned on her that her landlady was dead.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the deceased landlady, Saidat Ishola, popularly known as Iya Olope, had, in the morning before her death, had a disagreement with Sakirat, over electricity bill.

The suspect had reportedly accused her landlady of cutting off the electricity to her two-room apartment during the heated argument in the early hours of the day.

They were both separated by neighbours and people in the area, only for the neighbours to see the lifeless body of the landlady, in her apartment later in the day.

Samson Ishola, a son to the deceased landlady, narrated that “I had left home very early in the morning to my workshop. It was in when I got to my workshop that someone told me to go back home that my mother and one of our tenants was fighting.

“I then headed home, to persuade my mother but met my elder brother and some residents in the street, who informed me they had settled the matter. So, I went back to my shop.”

Samson added that “when Sakirat was strangling my mum, my uncle’s pregnant wife, who was in the bedroom heard her cry and rushed out of the room, but she was overpowered.”

He further narrated that, “Immediately the suspect killed my mother, she ran away without taking anything from her room.”

A police source at Mowe divisional police station confirmed the incident to the Nigerian Tribune and added that investigations into the incident had commenced.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/32335-tenant-strangle-landlady-to-death-over-electricity-bill
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by kestolove95(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dix yoruba people self, mtseeew

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
There you Go...Tribalism is a major cause of backwardness in Nigeria

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
How people die over frivolities? sad sad

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by eleojo23: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Psychiatry is soon going to be the next most lucrative field in this country. So many people need mental exam.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Sweetguy25: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lol. There must be something else that led to this.

2 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by yuzjet(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Am tired of all these shocking news joor!
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by IamOpemipo(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Female crimes on the high dis days..

Guys shine ya eyes and alwas be on ya guard, neva say 'shebi na ordinary gal'..

4 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by dam007(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
you're really disappointing

10 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by echobee(f): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
Ur name shows love sad. But there is no love in your write up angry.

14 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by popcykaylah(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
women of these days self..these ones worse pass eve

2 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by CR77(f): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Just because of electricity bill na she take person life.

What a Wicked world.

#WeNeedChange

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Sanchez01: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
Please stop this

2 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
shocked

Wicked world
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by bigboss80s(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Over an electricity bill? That woman need to be examined properly when she is caught. She likely has a mental illness

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nigerian women are possessed

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by delors(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:
Mumu

7 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by skentelelady(f): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
Strangled just because of electricity bill? shocked shocked

Unbelievable! Some negative forces must have come over that lady embarassed

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by aristom(m): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
God
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by happyzed0(f): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nawaooo 4 ppl oooo
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nepa bill see what u av caused nw!

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by zinachidi(m): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
nawah, many ways to die in this country. If its nt boko haram, its ur gf stabbing u, or ur tenant strangling u cos of bill, or a man raping u to death, or stray bullet, or jungle justice. Or fatal accident

What is d way foward nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by sexymoma(f): 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
The kind news wey i dey see for fp dis days ehn nor dey pleasant at all...
na wetin nor dey make me buy news papers be dis.. if e nor be boko boys, e go be human part been found abi wife killl hubby abi na death death sha angry

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by jargaban: 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
RIP to the dead.
Lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by ylaa(f): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
dont mind him. him na edo, thats why he said dix instead of dis.

slyIsaac:

There you Go...Tribalism is a major cause of backwardness in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by IamOpemipo(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:

Go pik ur brain frm the suck-away

8 Likes

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by nzeobi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
Now that you have strangled her you will pay with something more than money
Let justice prevail

1 Like

Re: Landlady Strangled Over Electricity Bill by prodam(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
kestolove95:

You are daft

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Three Suspected Female Suicide Bombers, Recover RPG / Amiu Isiaka Sentenced To 28-Years Imprisonment For Impersonating Femi Adesina / NDLEA Arrests Drug Kingpin, Recover Illicit Drugs In Anambra, FCT & Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.