Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 (29111 Views)

Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN) Recruitment 2015 – Application Date / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by tessylove2(f): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ahmeen:
@tessylove2,Same thing happened in lagos...nd d woman even said d we wld soon go write it on nairaland now...d fear of NL is d beginning of wisdom to dem...God dey

David470....pls push to d front page
Are u serious?I must have left by then I was at Lagos centre too till about 4pm got frustrated and left.Can u imagineNa God go punish them...
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
eyya sorry bruh..

buh man must chop
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by kay1one2(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
abysirius:
It's a pity many still take this government serious. This whole employment process in less than 2 weeks to election is nothing but a scam. He only wants to use it as his leverage that many of our youths (gullible applicants) may vote for him. At least many of us would want to believe that many be if re-elected he would give us the job.

Jonathan doesn't mean well for Nigeria. It's time for CHANGE!!

Wrong thread!

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by GreenBobo: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
Boss, do you remember the guy that was assaulted by more than 7 FRSC officials? He was slapped and kicked, punched and they almost used a 2*2 plank on him?
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by richidinho(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Maczeelly:
Naija is a joke!!!!

Take heart bro..........

Shey those guys that got the job

Are they not Nigerians?
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by meforyou1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Wow, this is unbelievable. What's FRSC business with a FAAN interview more than just to provide the venue.
We take a lot of nonsense in this country. Those guys deserve to be sued, all of them both FAAN and FRSC. Feel for you Op, I went through worse experience when I was searching for job. Wish u all d best

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by DaPhilosopher(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hmmm! O GA Oooooi
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Anibaba1(m): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dis kontri sef

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by GENTLETEE(m): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
I ignored this FAAN recruitment after they used quota system to deny me having passed the test and interview in 2007/08 recruitment. My name was published twice in a national daily then. If I say naija matter no tire me I lie.

5 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nt suprised,cos from there online test for d days d test was disorganized b4 d finally rectified it

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by jamillion: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
oya! Die hard job seekers, hw market?
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by deskossy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sad for my country

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Owakoi: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
lol
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by sammyj: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
GEJ and TAN is working grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Laycan(m): 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rich4god:
na gej organize d exam...

Who comot my pisure

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Owakoi: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
coollol9)
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by GreenBobo: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
naira0:

Later on, the FRSC officers devised strategies and forcefully pushed us out of the compound. I was the first casualty of this unfair treatment as FRSC officials treated me like a complete tout. After a little protest, I acted the gentleman and quietly left the compound. I was outside when I saw others who had been physically harassed, and a few others taken to their cell, by FRSC officers probably acting on their own authority, doing .

Boss, do you remember the guy that was assaulted by more than 7 FRSC officials? He was slapped and kicked, punched and they almost used a 2*2 plank on him?

www.nairaland.com/2203394/brutality-uniformed-men
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by tosyne2much(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
This is bizzare
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by MKO4ever(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Everything is now scarce in Nigeria
No job
No Light
No Fuel
Nawa ooooo
We need change

4 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by boriswole: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Not sure it is that Bad. Was born in Nigeria and i turned out fine. We should look for ways to make Nigeria Better.

an example is participating in the coming elections.

publicenemy:
Hmmnnn... Nigeria. I would rather die childless than let my childrenn be Nigerians by birth.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by lockupman(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
My brother you spoke my mind exactly. No be person tell me too pack an run from naija not because I was doing badly in naija but because I can't bear to see my kids born in naija. God forbid. I'm suffering for my unborn kids here so that they will reap the benefits.

publicenemy:
Hmmnnn... Nigeria. I would rather die childless than let my childrenn be Nigerians by birth.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by watered(m): 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
When the certs can't put food on your table what do u do next? Form another group but this time direct your grievances towards the FG only then shall then appease you with an amnesty offer.

I'm thinking it other minds are thinking it too as well. Soon it will become the loudest
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by ednut1(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
thunder fire me. d day i apply for any govt job .

1 Like

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Samirana360(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
9c experience
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by olalekan1(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
I know it will be like this..Thank God I did not honour their frivolous invitation.
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Orikinla(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
Here we go again, from NIS to FAAN Recruitment.
I cannot remember when Nigerian graduates suffered like this to get jobs in government before the PDP.

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by jorlons(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Aw...SAD. OP, so sorry about the treatment you got. Many have seen worse, even I, myself. Just keep on keeping on, just one day, this will be a story you'll share with laughter.

www.dnbstories.com

one day, I am sick and tired of a country where you have to struggle all your youthful life away and settle at old age. fvck this country.

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Ahmeen: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by tessylove2(f): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ahmeen:
Tru talk...dos who heard d statement shud prove me wrong by quoting my statement...
Wow that's good to know,Nairaland is trying grin
Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by isaacjohn82(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
DIS THING WAS DONE WITH DECENCY ND HIGH STANDARD DEVOID OF CORRUPTION
PLS ENCOURAGED GOVT INSTITUTIONS FOR ONCE SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT DEM DER WAS NOTHING LIKE GODFATHERISM IN IT .
PLS CAREFULLY READ BELOW ND DNT MISINFORM GOOG NIGERIANS

FAAN Online Recruitment Portal, 2015
Home
PUBLIC UPDATE
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES UPDATED!
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST& INTERVIEW
FAQS & ISSUES
PROCESS FOR SHORTLISTING
Values guiding the process: Transparency, Openness, Equity, Fair Treatment 
Below is the process being implemented for the shortlisting of candidates.
All applications were pre-screened for Aptitude Test against the established criteria that was designed and advertised. The total shortlisted were 36,657. This includes candidates from the hard copy applications as well as online applications.
A unique log-in name and password was created for each shortlisted candidate to be used for the Aptitude Test. This incorporated the unique ID created for each candidate at the application stage,
How targets were set and allotted to states:
For the AGM we targeted 20 candidates to be shortlisted for the one headcount.
For all other positions we targeted 6 candidates to be shortlisted per head count.
The total target shortlist for each job was allotted to States based on the Federal Character spread.
All 36,657candidates were notified via text messages and email with their log-in to go online and take the test. Testing was conducted on two websites.
Once the results were collated, they were sorted according to “job applied for” then sorted again for percentage grade.
The list of candidates who scored 50% and above were extracted and analyzed into three groups:
70% and above
60%-69%,
50%-59%.
The top performer list (70% and above) for each State is shortlisted first starting with the highest scorer until the State’s lot is filled.
If the State’s lot from step (7) above is filled, then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (7 ) above is not completely filled then the next best group (60%-69%) from that State is shortlisted starting from the highest to the lowest.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is completely filled then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is not completely filled then the next best group (50%-59%) from that State is shortlisted for that job.
If after step (xi) above, a State’s lot is still not filled, the remaining lot is allotted to another state in the same geopolitical zone (starting with the State with the highest performance in that zone) until the lots completely filled.
If the lot for a job in a geopolitical zone is not completely filled, it is allotted to the highest performing state in the region of the country.  
If the lot is still not filled at the regional level, it is then thrown open to be filled by another region in the country until the lots are all filled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS BEING MONITORED BY THE FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION as mandated by the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Home
PUBLIC UPDATE
FAQS & ISSUES
PROCESS FOR SHORTLISTING
Values guiding the process: Transparency, Openness, Equity, Fair Treatment 
Below is the process being implemented for the shortlisting of candidates.
All applications were pre-screened for Aptitude Test against the established criteria that was designed and advertised. The total shortlisted were 36,657. This includes candidates from the hard copy applications as well as online applications.
A unique log-in name and password was created for each shortlisted candidate to be used for the Aptitude Test. This incorporated the unique ID created for each candidate at the application stage,
How targets were set and allotted to states:
For the AGM we targeted 20 candidates to be shortlisted for the one headcount.
For all other positions we targeted 6 candidates to be shortlisted per head count.
The total target shortlist for each job was allotted to States based on the Federal Character spread.
All 36,657candidates were notified via text messages and email with their log-in to go online and take the test. Testing was conducted on two websites.
Once the results were collated, they were sorted according to “job applied for” then sorted again for percentage grade.
The list of candidates who scored 50% and above were extracted and analyzed into three groups:
70% and above
60%-69%,
50%-59%.
The top performer list (70% and above) for each State is shortlisted first starting with the highest scorer until the State’s lot is filled.
If the State’s lot from step (7) above is filled, then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (7 ) above is not completely filled then the next best group (60%-69%) from that State is shortlisted starting from the highest to the lowest.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is completely filled then there is no more shortlisting for that state for the job.
If the State’s lot from step (9) above is not completely filled then the next best group (50%-59%) from that State is shortlisted for that job.
If after step (xi) above, a State’s lot is still not filled, the remaining lot is allotted to another state in the same geopolitical zone (starting with the State with the highest performance in that zone) until the lots completely filled.
If the lot for a job in a geopolitical zone is not completely filled, it is allotted to the highest performing state in the region of the country.  
If the lot is still not filled at the regional level, it is then thrown open to be filled by another region in the country until the lots are all filled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE PROCESS IS BEING MONITORED BY THE FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION as mandated by the Constitution of Federal Republic of nigeria

WHERE THE PROCESS WAS NOT FOLLOWED
Not all the processes listed were followed.  Below are the exceptions!
Shortlisting for the AGM DMU position
The total target shortlist for AGM is 20 candidates. It was not possible to divide this into 37 (States plus FCT) or to share into six geopolitical zones, so these rules were followed:
Sort for the top scorers. Find the top 10 for each geopolitical zone.
Allot one slot per State (No State is to be allotted more than one slot).
Ensure that the slots are spread equitably between geopolitical zones based on top scorers for each state.
Ensure that the spread is even between North and South.

Shortlisting for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, and Assistant Security Superintendent

The minimum score for these positions was lowered to 40% to accommodate non-degree holders who had to take the same test as degree holders for the levels 8 and above jobs. (These jobs allowed for minimum of NCE or OND educational qualifications).

All other shortlist processes described above were followed for these group of jobs.

3. Additional shortlisting of high performers not included in the above shortlist was conducted. High Performers are considered as candidates with 70% and above.

Home
PUBLIC UPDATE

FAQS & ISSUES
WHERE THE PROCESS WAS NOT FOLLOWED
Not all the processes listed were followed.  Below are the exceptions!
Shortlisting for the AGM DMU position
The total target shortlist for AGM is 20 candidates. It was not possible to divide this into 37 (States plus FCT) or to share into six geopolitical zones, so these rules were followed:
Sort for the top scorers. Find the top 10 for each geopolitical zone.
Allot one slot per State (No State is to be allotted more than one slot).
Ensure that the slots are spread equitably between geopolitical zones based on top scorers for each state.
Ensure that the spread is even between North and South.

Shortlisting for Security Cadet, Assistant Fire Superintendent, and Assistant Security Superintendent

The minimum score for these positions was lowered to 40% to accommodate non-degree holders who had to take the same test as degree holders for the levels 8 and above jobs. (These jobs allowed for minimum of NCE or OND educational qualifications).

All other shortlist processes described above were followed for these group of jobs.

3. Additional shortlisting of high performers not included in the above shortlist was conducted. High Performers are considered as candidates with 70% and above.

http://faanrecruitment.com/faqs-issue-resolution

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Recruitment 2015 - My Tales Of Woe Part 1 by Chibliss2: 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
I was among oh. Come and see embarrassment, they even slap the guy that got 69 for expressing his feelings talkless of me that Scored 65. After wasting our time and transport fee. There is God ohhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: How To Complete The Biometrics Without Going Through NASIMS / I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty / My Horrible Experience At A Job Interview Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.