Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud (18369 Views)

Man Trying To Commit Suicide At Jakande, Lagos (Photos) / Godwin Onwuneme Udu Arrested For Bank Fraud In Ghana / Man Who Wants To Commit Suicide In Ibadan Nigeria Today - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 20, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. It's US not UK or Europe. grin

In the UK - he'd probably get suspended sentence or community service if that's the only crime he committed.

Yanks always throw the books at folks just for the prison industrial complex
The prison industrial complex enriches the pockets of politicians too. That's why a holistic reform of policing, and the criminal justice system as a whole, is still a mirage undecided
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2015
Icecream4U:
same way the police arranged and involed the Nigerian.

He was ALREADY talking to the first criminal when the police TOOK OVER the identity of the first guy. That is how they got onto him in the first place.
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by coogar: 12:26am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I see plenty of racism in Niaja! Your words certainly do not demonstrate any knowledge of how the world works. If there was the slightest possibility that this was entrapment they would not even bring the case to court! Too many used to be lost that way. The rules are very strict.

racism in nigeria? like the beating of rodney king or the shooting of mike brown? grin you surely don't have a prayer....

The prison population statistics in America (whatever the sociological reason -which I only briefly touched upon earlier) are no excuse for a filthy thief! You just want to cry racism at every opportunity - I wonder why? While the scourge of racism does exist and should be rightly condemned it is certainly not as prevalent as some people seem to think and does not excuse this pathetic and ignorant bleating about the west/developed world.

there's no excuse for the prison population stats apart from the criming while white syndrome.

As for Nigerian tribalism/racism just look on almost any thread here. I have never seen the like of it anywhere else in the world!

oh please - it stops on the internet.
yorubas, hausas & igbos are living together freely in many states. you really take what you read on NL seriously. many of the people doing tribalism stuff have people of the other tribes as spouses, landlords, colleagues, etc.

tribalism is a political tool in nigeria - a device the government created to distract the people from seeing the massive corruption that is going on. there's a hausa settlement in every south west state.....how many times have you seen yoruba policemen going there to shoot at mallams?

you don't have a prayer.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:33am On Mar 20, 2015
coogar:

racism in nigeria? like the beating of rodney king or the shooting of mike brown? grin you surely don't have a prayer....

there's no excuse for the prison population stats apart from the criming while white syndrome.

oh please - it stops on the internet.
yorubas, hausas & igbos are living together freely in many states. you really take what you read on NL seriously. many of the people doing tribalism stuff have people of the other tribes as spouses, landlords, colleagues, etc.

tribalism is a political tool in nigeria - a device the government created to distract the people from seeing the massive corruption that is going on. there's a hausa settlement in every south west state.....how many times have you seen yoruba policemen going there to shoot at mallams?

you don't have a prayer.....

The prison stats in the USA have a definite sociological cause well beyond racism. Read a little on the subject and you will find out.

No the tribalism does not stop on the internet. I spend too much time in Naija to believe that! It was worse of course during the genocide that people wanted to do on the Igbo prior to the civil war but you still get tribal massacres in the North even today.

As for a political tool - we seem to be in agreement. It exists and this allows Politicians to manipulate it for their own ends. While they cannot create it they certainly can (and do) exacerbate it!
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 20, 2015
This racism of a thing is overrated, if you ask me. Sometimes people don't like themselves not because of colour or anything. Plus the blacks are not being useful in America despite being in a land with equal opportunities. If everyone stuck their heads in racism's ass, where will Jayz be? Where will Barack Obama be? Or Oprah Winfrey? Start looking inwards at yourself and stop creating limitations because of your colour or tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by hugafella(m): 1:05am On Mar 20, 2015
internetpirate:
I'm really glad that no one mentioned the tribal slant of this crime...I mean, people who have said that they are not surprised that they are Igbo etc Please, always remember that when things happen, it's not an opportunity to divide our interests, but an opportunity to unite as Nigerians and eradicate our social ills. It's not a Yoruba thing in this case...it's a Nigerian problem!

the complexion of this thread would have been different if an Ifeanyi had been named as the criminal. now it's an oluwatosin, nobody is saying "it's in their blood" I really like the maturity of the ibos on this forum. our youruba brothers across the niger have to learn this, no matter how seemingly difficult. they can be so annoying when they start their tribal tirades, born out of pure hatred and ignorance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by Emeca: 1:22am On Mar 20, 2015
hugafella:

the complexion of this thread would have been different if an Ifeanyi had been named as the criminal. now it's an oluwatosin, nobody is saying "it's in their blood" I really like the maturity of the ibos on this forum. our youruba brothers across the niger have to learn this, no matter how seemingly difficult. they can be so annoying when they start their tribal tirades, born out of pure hatred and ignorance.

thsi is not the first time...i've seen it quite a number of times.
most igbos dont have time for pettiness. They are out working hard to take care of their families.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by ElekeNtioba: 1:43am On Mar 20, 2015
Where are those igbo-bashing yoruba tribalists? Have they suddenly gone blind and dumb? I guess oluwaseun is 'repping' igbos too.

Stinky cowards!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by ElekeNtioba: 1:44am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by onatisi(m): 2:05am On Mar 20, 2015
harry509:
nigeria wit stealin habit I don't kw y. Unscrupolus govt's we av as leader's wil steal, evri nigerian's wana steal y? Una see disgrace wey dis dude day gev nigeria. Well I don't blame him sha, I put d blame on nigeria govt.
you are blaming the govt in nigeria for a bank fraud crime a nigerian committed in the usa So gej policies were affecting him in the usa too? But you don't blame obama for the crimes of people resident in the country he presides over!!!!!!!! Ok no problem
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by deloon(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Nigeriains has always been diaspora embrassing us since the time of Adam and Eve see how they are busy tarnishing our image lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Meanwhile, you embarrass us on the internet. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by dmozart: 2:40am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

One million DOLLARS not naira! cheesy

About 190 million naira (subject to fluctuations)
That money cannot even buy a peugeot. How can he go to jail over such meagre amount? That's not good enough
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:47am On Mar 20, 2015
dmozart:
That money cannot even buy a peugeot. How can he go to jail over such meagre amount? That's not good enough

A Peugeot car? Max about 2.5 million Naira?

This is a million DOLLARS we are talking about! grin

He could buy about 70 Peugeots (approx.) for that!

About 190 MILLION NAIRA! If you don't know the difference go ask a Mallam! grin

Better still give me One dollar for ever 5 Naira I give you! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by dmozart: 3:16am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

A Peugeot car? Max about 2.5 million Naira?

This is a million DOLLARS we are talking about! grin

He could buy about 70 Peugeots (approx.) for that!

About 190 MILLION NAIRA! If you don't know the difference go ask a Mallam! grin

Better still give me One dollar for ever 5 Naira I give you! grin grin grin
Well, u might be right, but I chose to believe GEJ. I still insist that money is not enough to buy a peugeot.....or do you know better than the Nigerian President?
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by ebiagtales: 3:19am On Mar 20, 2015
angrybird007:
Did u read it well.
They(AMERICA)set him up.
#RACISM undecided

Can they set you up in sth like this if you don't have the gene of corruption in you from the onset?
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by harry509: 5:27am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:
you are blaming the govt in nigeria for a bank fraud crime a nigerian committed in the usa So gej policies were affecting him in the usa too? But you don't blame obama for the crimes of people resident in the country he presides over!!!!!!!! Ok no problem
since d time of history, av u head or see ani white man n govt came 2 bank money n afrika priciszly here n nigeria? Bt yur nigeria govt alott of dem av alott of nvestmnt abroad, they av alott of foreign acct evriwia n d world dur 2 d money they stole frm us. I tink dat dude copy frm govt. Bcus stealin is nigeria govt watch word. God is watchn...
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by onatisi(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2015
harry509:
since d time of history, av u head or see ani white man n govt came 2 bank money n afrika priciszly here n nigeria? Bt yur nigeria govt alott of dem av alott of nvestmnt abroad, they av alott of foreign acct evriwia n d world dur 2 d money they stole frm us. I tink dat dude copy frm govt. Bcus stealin is nigeria govt watch word. God is watchn...
that is because u are not well informed ,yes I have seen and heard about white men defrauding nigerian banks to the tune of millions . Go through google and u will see the stories there about 3 happened in nigeria last year. So because a american citizen leaves his country and commits a crime in nigeria,you will now blame obama for that? Let's be reasonable in our thinking at times. Do u know how many britons are fighting in syria for isis ,so is the british govt or prime minister to be blamed for their actions?so because some govt officials have companies and accounts abroad that means he too should go and steal? This kind of mentality is poverty mentality,blaming govt for everything and finding an excuse for ones irresponsible actions and decisions. Whatever decision u make is entirely urs and u carry full responsiblity for ur actions . Now that u are blaming the nigerian govt,is the nigeria govt the one serving the jail sentence now?
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by jantavanta(m): 7:59am On Mar 20, 2015
This is the only publicity that a Nigerian will get free of charge. In the same USA, there are Nigerians working in their apex financial institution, but the press will never mention them.
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by harry509: 8:33am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:
that is because u are not well informed ,yes I have seen and heard about white men defrauding nigerian banks to the tune of millions . Go through google and u will see the stories there about 3 happened in nigeria last year. So because a american citizen leaves his country and commits a crime in nigeria,you will now blame obama for that? Let's be reasonable in our thinking at times. Do u know how many britons are fighting in syria for isis ,so is the british govt or prime minister to be blamed for their actions?so because some govt officials have companies and accounts abroad that means he too should go and steal? This kind of mentality is poverty mentality,blaming govt for everything and finding an excuse for ones irresponsible actions and decisions. Whatever decision u make is entirely urs and u carry full responsiblity for ur actions . Now that u are blaming the nigerian govt,is the nigeria govt the one serving the jail sentence now?
well I agree wit u n sum part of ur words, wen it cum's 2 nigeria govt Rr nt d 1 servin jail sentence bcus of d wrong did of dat dude, And am nt sayn abt white men bein drfraudn nigeria banks. I mean white men n govt, jst like d way obama is now, u kw he was once a senator b4 he became d president of amerika. Av yu seein or head abt dem bringin their money dat they Rr supose 2 use 2 develop d state 2 nvest here nigeria or put d money in our bank? Few days ago switzerland govt anounce dat they want 2 return abt $350m lute frm abacha acct. I guess if switzerland govt shud bring dat money 2 nigeria,wia do u tink dat money wil b diverted 2?
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Mar 20, 2015
harry509:
well I agree wit u n sum part of ur words, wen it cum's 2 nigeria govt Rr nt d 1 servin jail sentence bcus of d wrong did of dat dude, And am nt sayn abt white men bein drfraudn nigeria banks. I mean white men n govt, jst like d way obama is now, u kw he was once a senator b4 he became d president of amerika. Av yu seein or head abt dem bringin their money dat they Rr supose 2 use 2 develop d state 2 nvest here nigeria or put d money in our bank? Few days ago switzerland govt anounce dat they want 2 return abt $350m lute frm abacha acct. I guess if switzerland govt shud bring dat money 2 nigeria,wia do u tink dat money wil b diverted 2?
ok ,I am sorry for my earlier rash response. But the issue here is that corruption is a global issue . Definitely corrupt senators in the usa or other western nations will not bring their money to africa but rather take it to the belzie or the cayman island. The problem we have in nigeria isn't the leader but the systems that produce these leaders and the system that produce these leaders are the people . So the problem with nigeria is the people themselves .
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by harry509: 9:09am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:
ok ,I am sorry for my earlier rash response. But the issue here is that corruption is a global issue . Definitely corrupt senators in the usa or other western nations will not bring their money to africa but rather take it to the belzie or the cayman island. The problem we have in nigeria isn't the leader but the systems that produce these leaders and the system that produce these leaders are the people . So the problem with nigeria is the people themselves .
yea u Rr corct. Bt do yu kw we av sum sincere nigeria piple who wana rule dis country wit good hrt, bt they Rr nt gvin d oportunity 2 do so. Nt all nigeria men n govt Rr corupt. We av sum few gud one's amng dem.
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by onatisi(m): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2015
harry509:
yea u Rr corct. Bt do yu kw we av sum sincere nigeria piple who wana rule dis country wit good hrt, bt they Rr nt gvin d oportunity 2 do so. Nt all nigeria men n govt Rr corupt. We av sum few gud one's amng dem.
ur points are very valid . But our politics will remain like this for 2 reasons . One, until me and you and everybody look at our leaders from councilors to the president and demand accountablity from them. An average nigerian isn't concerned about who the local govt chairman is or what he does with monthly allocation,this is just an example , until we start asking and demanding answers from our reps,senators etc they won't sit tight. Secondly, our politics will remain bad as long as ppl see election period as a means of making money. At least 80% of nigerians will demand for some money at one time or the other from asipiring politicians before elections. The monetisation of our politics will only push back responsible people that worked hard for the money and. Who wishes to serve
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by harry509: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:
ur points are very valid . But our politics will remain like this for 2 reasons . One, until me and you and everybody look at our leaders from councilors to the president and demand accountablity from them. An average nigerian isn't concerned about who the local govt chairman is or what he does with monthly allocation,this is just an example , until we start asking and demanding answers from our reps,senators etc they won't sit tight. Secondly, our politics will remain bad as long as ppl see election period as a means of making money. At least 80% of nigerians will demand for some money at one time or the other from asipiring politicians before elections. The monetisation of our politics will only push back responsible people that worked hard for the money and. Who wishes to serve
yea dats corct. Nigeria wil get 2 dat promise land vry soon.
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
dmozart:
Well, u might be right, but I chose to believe GEJ. I still insist that money is not enough to buy a peugeot.....or do you know better than the Nigerian President?

I don't understand what you are saying. The Naira exchange rate can be obtained off ANY Mallam or any bank or off the internet even. I travel to Naija regularly and wish I had been last week when it was 312n to the pound because it has strengthened to 290 this last few days so my pounds would not get me quite as much Naira.

Also the price of a Peugeot is easily determined in any car salesrooms in Naija.

I don't know what GEJ said but you must have misheard. Do you actually know that not all currencies have the same value?
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by dmozart: 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I don't understand what you are saying. The Naira exchange rate can be obtained off ANY Mallam or any bank or off the internet even. I travel to Naija regularly and wish I had been last week when it was 312n to the pound because it has strengthened to 290 this last few days so my pounds would not get me quite as much Naira.

Also the price of a Peugeot is easily determined in any car salesrooms in Naija.

I don't know what GEJ said but you must have misheard. Do you actually know that not all currencies have the same value?
Lol,its obvious you are not based in Nigeria. Of course, the authorities are right to jail the guy who committed the crime. It doesn't matter if the amount stolen is huge or peanuts. I was only being sarcastic. You might want to check out the link below to understand the sarcasm in my earlier statement. www.thescoopng.com/rebecca-omotunde-has-goodluck-jonathan-lost-his-mind/ www.nairaland.com/2113590/jim-nwobodo-jailed-21-years
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
dmozart:
Lol,its obvious you are not based in Nigeria. Of course, the authorities are right to jail the guy who committed the crime. It doesn't matter if the amount stolen is huge or peanuts. I was only being sarcastic. You might want to check out the link below to understand the sarcasm in my earlier statement. www.thescoopng.com/rebecca-omotunde-has-goodluck-jonathan-lost-his-mind/ www.nairaland.com/2113590/jim-nwobodo-jailed-21-years

I am based in Belfast. But spend a lot of time in Naija. If you were being sarcastic then it was not obvious, sorry.

I'll skip the video thanks. All the Jonathan and Buhari stuff just bores me.
Re: Nigerian National To Serve 37 Months For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud by Neplusultra(f): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
Tot it's only igbos dat do crimes overseas undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Service Commission Sets Up Fresh Panel To Probe Abba Kyari / Kogi Ex-Governor, Yahaya Bello Plotting To Leave For A North African Country / Fake Medical Doctor In Calabar Defrauds 30 People Of N6m (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.