Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (14454 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie / Governor Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by tbaba1234: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2015
Governor Mimiko blackmailing ondo teachers to vote Jonathan

Ondo State governor, Olusegun Mimiko, is trying to blackmail teachers in the State to vote for President Goodluck Jonathan in the presidential contest next week.

A source in the State told SaharaReporters the governor is traveling around with his campaign team, forcing the teachers into meetings with him and preventing them from undertaking their official responsibilities.

The trip is part of Governor Mimiko’s no-holds-barred carrot-and-stick assault on voters in an effort to ensure victory for President Jonathan in the March 28 presidential contest. 

Yesterday the team arrived in Ondo West Local Government where the governor cancelled all school and compelled all the teachers to be present, with attendance taken. 

“The governor was not present,” one teacher told SaharaReporters, “but [members of] his campaign team was around telling us why we should not vote for Buhari and APC.”

According to the disgusted teacher who asked not to be named, “They educated us on what we've known. Telling us history. They thought we are happy sitting and some people standing while they are vibrating, telling us lies.” One of the teachers disclosed that while some teachers were given N400, during yesterday's campaign they were each given N100 by Mimiko's team.

Governor Mimiko, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party from the Labour Party last year, is desperate to deliver Ondo to President Jonathan, and is known to be using bribes as one of his weapons. 

It would be recalled that last Monday, he bribed some former members of the Peoples Democratic Movement, pretending to be current members, to “endorse” Jonathan.  They then held a press conference at the Adegbemile Cultural Centre Press in Akure, claiming they had endorsed the PDP candidate.

“Quote me anywhere,” one of the beneficiaries said after the make-believe press conference, “Governor Mimiko gave us money through our leaders to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for second term.”

Bashir Yusuf, the National Chairman of the PDM, subsequently disclosed that those who claimed to be members of the movement endorsing Jonathan were “not card carrying members” of the movement.

Nonetheless, he said, the PDM had as far back as January already endorsed the candidature of General Muhammadu Buhari of the APC for the presidency.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/19/governor-mimiko-blackmailing-ondo-teachers-vote-jonathan
Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by tbaba1234: 9:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Chai, 400 naira..

23 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by Mynd44: 9:47am On Mar 20, 2015
APC lies

24 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by henryangelo: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Is not a new news that SR is Anti jonathan and anti PDP, they can say anything they want we can never believe them

26 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by lovat(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2015
SR and a *source*, this media house can lie. All I know is that GEJ will win Lagos, Ondo and EKiti then get block votes in Oyo and Ogun.

23 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by vicadex07(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2015
PDP has spent our money finish because of election. Which money will they use if they get re elected

14 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by GboyegaD(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2015
Na by force to win election.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by tittop4: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2015
U and ur stupid sahara reporters,we already know the plan of that stupid boy that founded sahara reporters and thank God Jonathan is not like any former president,he would have gone to extinction with sahara nonsense. But he will be put to shame by march 28,countdown to march 28,eight days to go. I know the sahara nonsense will run away from this country.

24 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by viczing(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2015
tbaba1234:
Chai, 400 naira..

400? Sahara why na? Why una be like this? Stop this fake things it won't help ya course

10 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by tbaba1234: 10:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Mynd44:
APC lies

Is this beyond the realm of belief?? I know about the dollar rain in Lagos and how all federal parastatals and agencies donated to the Jonathan campaign by force.

I know this for sure without APC or Sahara reporters and I am not paid by either. Some parastatals owe salary as a result till today.

When this happens (misuse of national funds), how will you put this beyond the realm of possibility of the incumbent...

12 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by dablazor: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2015
The way elections are done in Nigeria have me dumbfounded.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by iyatrustee(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Unless they would require a photocopy of my ballot paper. If not how them want take know who i voted for?

As it is now, collect as many bags of rice and cash as possible, but vote for your conscience on the 28th!

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
nigerians deserve better leaders than those pdp confuse people.

Even if pdp leads this country for another 20 years, the country will be destroyed more and more.

Anyway sha, all nigerian leaders are useless.

To hell with one nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by angrybird007: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
L
Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Breeze have blow.
angry

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by CaptainAmerica1: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
grin

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by pweetixandy: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ my as5SS

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by omenka(m): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
These are just the last breaths taken by a dying monster who's fate has already been sealed. PDP, it is over.

Meanwhile, FFK just said this in his desperate bid to drive a wedge between the APC presidential candidate the party's National Leader:

Buhari is said to be overwhelmed by the
staggering allegations and compelling evidence
that have been documented and exposed in the
last few weeks about Tinubu and his closest
associates.

Our sources have revealed that Gen. Buhari
has resolved that in the event of his winning the
Presidential election, he will issue an ultimatum
to Bola Tinubu.

The ultimatum will be that either Tinubu would
forfeit and give up 50 per cent of the money,
property and the illicit gains that he has fleeced
and garnered from Lagos state over the last 16
years or he would face the full wrath of the law
and be prosecuted for corruption.

It is clear from this that all is not well in the
APC’s camp and that their de facto leader, Bola
Tinubu and their presidential candidate,
Muhammadu Buhari, are on a collision course.
These two people and their party simply cannot
be trusted with the future of Nigeria.
Now tell me, if I were rooting for Jonathan in the past, why wouldn't this make me change my mind in favour of Buhari

I see FFK getting sacked for these lines.
Nigerians, be wise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by argon500: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Let wait and see.

Meanwhile

#IHaveDecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by steppin: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Barely a week to elections, APC has continuously filled our ears with complaints. I wonder what happens when they eventually lose again after 28th march?
Another four years of massive lies and propaganda, I guess.

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by joystickextendr: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oh Sahara reporters? undecided lipsrsealed

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by ademega(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Landslide for Buhari in Ondo state

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by gen2briz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
I kukuma don decide tipetipe.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by mazinaija: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by Adyrin(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sahara Reporters.......

No!

I won't read!

7 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by Blackchampion(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Another Sharia Reporters news

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
The same man that won't pay the teachers their salaries?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by NotNairalandi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Op,this little word “Forcing the teachers” has turn your bitter truth into beautiful lies!..................

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
What is he blackmailing them with? Besides how will he know if they did or did not vote for GEJ?
That headline is so misleading and crappy.
#SaiBuhari though
#TeamGMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters by shosky72(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
It is real in Ondo state not lies,he was in Akure north yesterday too,he distributed #500 each,it is not about Sahara reporter

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator / Kado Yahaya Dies At Zamfara Collation Centre / EFCC Arrests Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.