Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months (14790 Views)

Naira May Fall To N1000 Per Dollar - Federal Government / PDP Extends Makarfi Led Caretaker Committee By 12 Months. PICTURES. / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Vado(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2015
Import-related businesses are all twisted right now thanks to the devaluation. Encouraging local consumption is fine but no country thrives on her own resources alone. These people should get their shits together.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Kryx(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2015
It is only Buhari that can reverse that statement with time.

Thus, Naira to rise to $263 per Naira over the 12 next months (ie N1 = $263)

Sia Buhari
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by thatni99a: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2015

Even Kenyan shilling stronger than the Naira...nawao
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Jowonloju(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2015
If GEJ should win this election Naira will become paper, Companies will fold up some will sack while the Elite and their children will be smiling.
People will not be able to go abroad for MS.c and Certification again. online shops will crash, now DSTV has increase tariff. GEJ is waiting to win election and start to increase petrol price. If you want to vote GEJ no problem, all of us and your children go suffer together.

Vote Buhari...................vote Gaskia..............................Say Baba

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by eluquenson(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ & his co-looters have really transformed Nigeria from bad to worse.
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by arsetalks(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2015
4Play:

My friend, instead of hyperventillating here, let's examine the underlying premises of your post:

1) Pro-GEJ stance is primarily an Igbo phenomenon, therefore, it stands to reason that Buhari is likely to triumph
2) Buhari will fix our problems including the depreciating Naira value

If those 2 premises above are correct, surely this prediction that Naira will fall significantly in 12 months time is completely misguided and there is no cause for alarm?
Guy where did I mention Buhari here? And when I said igbo support GEJ isn't that a fact? They are the ones religiously supporting him for sentimental reasons.

And yes, I believe Buhari is capable of fixing the economy, but will he win? I think he should but he won't because of rigging. Or if he wins, he won't rule cos he won't be allowed - GEJ's spokesmen have alluded to this many times.
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2015
arsetalks:
Do you mind telling us which country's currency has crashed so significantly against the dollar like the naira has done?
Russian rubble. Even Euro is getting a good percentage hit right now cos of greece and no one is killing their president. Right now its 199 to a dollar, with the way oil is close to 38$ it won't stay deeper, OPEC not reducing production is to make smaller producers pack up and price would go back higher possible not over 100$ sha, but atleast naira would have strength back. 263 might not even click its only a "speculation"

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by chinnyonwu(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2015
achemedez:
GOD, pls let BUHARI be our nxt president
Lyk seriously W̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥'re tired of this ibo biz man
FOOOOL! is GEJ igbo. ? thinkin thru ur ass
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by januzaj(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2015
jbl007:
All I see is ur 'gorodom-bellied' fada kicking u out of his house...Akindanidani!
baba iya re labule....cunt. iya baba re labula.....imbeci*e
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by vision2022: 11:43am On Mar 20, 2015
how long are we keep on waitingeeeeeeeeeeeeee we need changeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we don dieooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Kryx:

Thus, Naira to rise $263 per Naira over the 12 next months (ie N1 = $263)

Sia Buhari
If you think figure of a currency pair really matters the most then pack your bags to ghana na since cedis is "stronger"..... You need to use your google not just for nairaland and facebook shouting sai baba and gEJ. Use it to gain knowledge. No offence that tin you put up there don't matter always.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Ishilove: 11:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Burger01:

Don't also forget my garri will be your garri cheesy
Your semo my semo cheesy
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by iamord(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2015
remsonik:
Dollar will enter 300 naira before the end of this year if care is not taken
that's good news for wire wire
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by viczing(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Whoever is in charge of CBN now should be advocating savings galore. And should be watching over our dollars savings like a hawk.

Dunno but I need to travel out tiired of the country
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Burger01(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Your semo my semo cheesy
My cheese Burger your Burger smiley

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 20, 2015
arsetalks:
Guy where did I mention Buhari here? And when I said igbo support GEJ isn't that a fact? They are the ones religiously supporting him for sentimental reasons.

And yes, I believe Buhari is capable of fixing the economy, but will he win? I think he should but he won't because of rigging. Or if he wins, he won't rule cos he won't be allowed - GEJ's spokesmen have alluded to this many times.

Why do folks always like to bring the Igbos to every discussion?

According you lots, the Igbos are inconsequential to the election in terms of population, if this is true, then with the support of the whole of Yorubas, Hausa and Fulani, Buhari will win a landslide, why are you obsessed with who the Igbos support? go the the poll, use your numbers against the Igbo and stop your hate.

I can imagine that Jonathan will never get a single Hausa or Yoruba vote in the next election, but everything must be Igbo as if we are running a single party system in Nigeria whereby every citizen must vote for one party and one party only

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by arsetalks(m): 11:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Owliver:
Russian rubble. Even Euro is getting a good percentage hit right now cos of greece and no one is killing their president. Right now its 199 to a dollar, with the way oil is close to 38$ it won't stay deeper, OPEC not reducing production is to make smaller producers pack up and price would go back higher possible not over 100$ sha, but atleast naira would have strength back. 263 might not even click its only a "speculation"
The Russian Rouble on February 18 was 63.5 to a dollar, it is 59 to a dollar currently. How is that significant compared to the crash the naira has experienced in the same period.
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:50am On Mar 20, 2015
arsetalks:
The Russian Rouble on February 18 was 63.5 to a dollar, it is 59 to a dollar currently. How is that significant compared to the crash the naira has experienced in the same period.
dude are you comparing from february 18? Dude that's sooo shorterm... Am talking of over 6months yor talking february. Remeber when naira was dancing around 160, as at then rubble was at around 35... You don't look at things in one month chart bruh... Its not only russia, there's a currency I can't remember have gotten worse than naira and all these are happening cos of oil fall. Learn that undecided

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2015
4Play:

My friend, instead of hyperventillating here, let's examine the underlying premises of your post:

1) Pro-GEJ stance is primarily an Igbo phenomenon, therefore, it stands to reason that Buhari is likely to triumph
2) Buhari will fix our problems including the depreciating Naira value

If those 2 premises above are correct, surely this prediction that Naira will fall significantly in 12 months time is completely misguided and there is no cause for alarm?

What it means is that they are not really sure of their so called messiah. The way these people reason is unbelievable, have you heard any of them tell you how Buhari will solve the Naira problem?

They will always shout change as if that is enough to solve Nigeria problem

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by dammizz(m): 11:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Let the dollar keep rising, it will soon affect America's economy. The high exchange rate will discourage importation
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by babestella: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Our Naira will pick up after the general elections. Why do I say this? As soon as the general elections are concluded peacefully, our Naira will appreciate because investors will start bringing back their money into the system. Right now, every reasonable investor is pulling out of the Nigerian market for fear of total breakdown of law and order and possibly war after the elections. So tell me if you are a foreign investor who has 100 million dollars in the Nigerian market, will you keep the money in Nigeria and allow war to strangulate your investments?
So that said, as soon as the elections are over we will have some fresh air regards our Naira strength.
If campaigns had been conducted peacefully without all these hate speeches which created tension in the Country, we might not be this bad today.

Secondly, the other factor is crude oil price which is no fault of anyone in Nigeria so don't blame GEJ for anything here and for FYI, GMB would also not be able to fix nothing.

Thirdly, instead of fighting on NL everyday, go and look for a business to start if you are yet to get a job. Stop waiting for government job. You can learn how to manufacture few household items, you can learn a skill and start something today and you'll be surprised how people will come on board to invest in that little business of yours. In the next 10 year you'll see where you would be.

So lets stop all this rants and having false hope in anyone, the greatness is inside of us not in our leader, but we are too lazy and afraid to explore and venture.

Abeg youths please think.....

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by 4Play(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

There is cause for alarm...because regardless of who wins in 2015....neither of them has any idea on how to fix this. Instead....we hear the same old ''I will build roads'' campaign....which means more money....which means the savings account gets raided over and over.

That is why I do not like PDP or APC. We are on the verge of economic crisis....and all they can chatter about is tribe, religion, and other inane things.

Really....the solution here is simple.

1.Prices are going to be raised....which means no more subsidy.

2.There is going to be seat-belt tightening. Everyone will suffer.

PDP really should take much of the blame here. Since 1999...they have failed to get us off our resource dependency. Which is why we are here today. Because oil dependent countries always get into trouble when the oil price drops.

Absolutely, the blame rests on the government's shoulders. There is no doubt that via corruption and mismanagement, it has failed to act in a fiscally prudent manner and has squandered an oil boom when it had the opportunity.

But simply leaving the analysis at that misses a salient point, much of what economists describe as waste - subsidy and bloated public sector - happened with the active consent and in line with the demands of the Nigerian "intelligentsia". If you ask me why Nigeria is dysfunctional, I will refer you to simple cause-effects, cause always precedes effect. It is not enough to blame government for every misfortune when we know that Nigeria was dysfunctional before PDP and before Jonathan so neither is the cause of the dysfunction. The PDP government and its policies are merely a symptom of the dysfunction. The common denominator remains the Nigerian people from whose rank and file leaders and policy makers emerge. It beggars belief that Nigeria's elite supports bone headed economic policies whilst expressing shock and horror at the outcome. For a classic example of this dissonance, see populist comments made by the opposition only a few months ago:

Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Nigeria’s main opposition party said it will scrap the country’s sovereign wealth fund and a separate excess crude account if it wins elections in February.

“We’re going to put a stop to them,” Lai Mohammed, a spokesman for the All Progressives Congress, or APC, said in an interview in London yesterday. “The sovereign wealth fund and the excess crude account are illegal.”

The $1.5 billion sovereign wealth fund, called the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, was started in 2011, with the ruling People’s Democratic Party saying the country needed to save money for future generations. The Excess Crude Account, which stands at $4.11 billion, is used by the government to cover shortfalls in its budget and give foreign investors comfort the state can guard against a fall in the value of the currency.

Foreign investors closely monitor the excess crude account, which has helped attract high portfolio flows to Nigeria in the past two years, according to Esili Eigbe, Lagos-based head of West African research at Exotix, a frontier markets investment bank.

“Part of the reason you’re seeing a push for Nigeria is because of some of the shock absorbers,” such as the account that holds oil earnings above a budget benchmark, he said in a telephone interview. “You have to look at this in the context of the household. The household without savings is vulnerable to swings and shocks.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-30/nigeria-s-opposition-wants-to-scrap-sovereign-oil-funds

It is important to note the context and assumption under which those comments were made in the Bloomberg article. It was made in a context of high oil price and in the assumption that saying you will scrap rainy day funds appeals favourably to Nigerians. So why are Nigerians now bleating that we have little savings to cushion an oil price fall?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by ExInferis(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2015
lovat:
During election periods in Nigeria there ia always a rise in dollar because of politicians and their sharing things and also a lot of people are travelling out. This election is not diffrent from others but this one happened when there is a fall in crude prices and the polity being heated by thhe opposition with their lies and propaganDa which scares investors and potray Nigeria in a bad light.

"Opposition lies and propaganda"

You guys sound like a broken record.

Meanwhile according to the PDP handbook foreign investors are dumb enough to be scared off by "lies and propaganda", abi?

Mumuism. Foreign investors rely on their embassies for political and economic intelligence.
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2015
Kryx:

Thus, Naira to rise to $263 per Naira over the 12 next months (ie N1 = $263)

Sia Buhari

Buhari won't be able to perform the magic.

So far...what he is promising is more and more projects.....with money that we do not have.

What Buhari needs to do is to get power working in the next six months, then get the refineries fixed...and save money aggressively. We may need to end subsidies, and to cut a lot of expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2015
arsetalks:
and pls don't even compare russia with naija. Russia is economical and rich enough to hold that currency. Remember when the oil crash started the CBN made sure naira was intact with the hope that the oil will get back up. But it didn't, since it was consuming the dollar reserve they had to leave it and let it flow with the market. There are things a ley-man wouldn't know. So let's leave politics out of such things. As far as diversification is concerned, we all have a stake in that progress, don't wait for government, china is an estate of "retail" industrilization. We can start small.
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2015
babestella:
Our Naira will pick up after the general elections. Why do I say this? As soon as the general elections are concluded peacefully, our Naira will appreciate because investors will start bringing back their money into the system. Right now, every reasonable investor is pulling out of the Nigerian market for fear of total breakdown of law and order and possibly war after the elections. So tell me if you are a foreign investor who has 100 million dollars in the Nigerian market, will you keep the money in Nigeria and allow war to strangulate your investments?
So that said, as soon as the elections are over we will have some fresh air regards our Naira strength.
If campaigns had been conducted peacefully without all these hate speeches which created tension in the Country, we might not be this bad today.

Secondly, the other factor is crude oil price which is no fault of anyone in Nigeria so don't blame GEJ for anything here and for FYI, GMB would also not be able to fix nothing.

Thirdly, instead of fighting on NL everyday, go and look for a business to start if you are yet to get a job. Stop waiting for government job. You can learn how to manufacture few household items, you can learn a skill and start something today and you'll be surprised how people will come on board to invest in that little business of yours. In the next 10 year you'll see where you would be.

So lets stop all this rants and having false hope in anyone, the greatness is inside of us not in our leader, but we are too lazy and afraid to explore and venture.

Thank you.
thank you very much. China is an example of retail industrilization, but its clear we youths want to jump straight into money without stress. Always blaming govt for everything bad happening. Always shouting GEj and sai baba every thread. Your points are so on point. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Wahala90: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
.y'all should chill!! buhari is coming. he will make it N30 to $1

and we will queue up for hours to buy a tin of milk. Rubbish!

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by mrbillz(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Good news for the keyboard warriors and internet gangster cool grin
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Rexnegro(m): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
.y'all should chill!! buhari is coming. he will make it N30 to $1
As much as I want buhari for aso rock , pls enlighten me how him want take achieve $1 to #30 ? It will come down cos he gat brain than mr otuoke but not 1dollar to 30naira....
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Rendition(m): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rexnegro:

As much as I want buhari for aso rock , pls enlighten me how him want take achieve $1 to #30 ? It will come down cos he gat brain than mr otuoke but not 1dollar to 30naira....
lmao brain which brain. abg go and sit down
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by signz: 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
babestella:

Thank you.

Thank you very much sir.

Please I owe you 15 cartons of HERO beer wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gombe State Honours Okezie Ikpeazu, Names Road After Him / PDP Urge NASS To Override Buhari’s Veto / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe To Contest For Abia Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.