Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon (61984 Views)

Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by eightsin(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Johnnoo:
NASA don dey krase oooo!!! Where is the 15days darkness wey suppose start today

I have been waiting. The sun here is so burning and darkness ain't coming soon until nightfall
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
peppyluv02:
I pray you and your co atheists will be the first set relocating permanently to Mars.. wink

Pray harder, it may yet be answered... I suggest 6-6 fasting for 1 year..

3 Likes

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
jomoh:

Congratulations you're FTC.

I noticed Frontpage topics are moving rather slowly today it means there are no topics.
yeah, either that or the mod is in church drinking holy water, ribena and eating cabin biscuit wink

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Johnnoo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
eightsin:

I have been waiting. The sun here is so burning and darkness ain't coming soon until nightfall

Maybe somebody in the department is high on cheap drugs undecided
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
ZUBY77:

You people should mind what you post.

We Nigerians wants to go to heaven from here on earth.
We won't be stopping to pick any passenger on Mars or Jupiter or anywhere

Our God is different from that of the white men.

Thank you.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha abi... I wonder who would be building the space probe you would be using wink
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Dollyak(f): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

Wots d use of d stay wen dey cannot breathe without d mask etc. No planet will ever b like earth. Keep searching.
This is a wrong statement.... very wrong statement. Have you heard of mars? Do you know what makes a planet habitable for earthly humans? Once you have an idea, you will know mars planet (i.e) can be easily reversed to support life.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Johnnoo:
NASA don dey krase oooo!!! Where is the 15days darkness wey suppose start today

NASA did not predict or ever asserted anything of such, i have many times refuted such threads..

That you buy such ridiculous posts is of your own making... NASA said nothing

2 Likes

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by carinmom(f): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
SuperSuave:
Great!!! Jupiter and Saturn are somehow scary or is it just me..?
Op, where is pluto? undecided

Pluto has now been declassified as planet. I think it has been discovered to be a meteorite
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ZUBY77(m): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha abi... I wonder who would be building the space probe you would be using wink

We don't need spaceships..
We won't even pay for transport.

We will just close our eyes, our knees on the ground, with our hands raised, enough dollars in our pockets for Tithe and and offerings, we will zoom away to Wonderland.

The God of TB Joshua and David Oyedepo is greater than the God of Boeing and Airbus. Especially when it comes to space travel.

grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Interesting15: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
dabosuker:
yeah but if the planets where that close to us, the scary background of jupiter or saturn would be the least of our problems,...............we would be faced with one hell of a cosmic monster:........GRAVITY.......with the mass of jupiter or saturn, it would be unthinkable what its gravity would do to us,...unthinkable i tell u.... grin..
All praises to God for creating them in the right places.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ValerianSteel(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
There are a million reasons why Africans should be grateful to America and other world powers who have invested so much into space research giving someone like me an outlook of what is beyond the horizons of my own planet.

New discoveries in space keep trumping religious doctrines that can't explain what space holds in general.

2 Likes

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by DikSin(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Now imagine what the world will look like without... islam_

May God save us from the TeRRor called....islam

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by lawflec(m): 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Landing in Mars may quiet be easy or possible looking at the fund and wide speculations already generated but the issue would be the return... Remember the robots to be launched might even not perform as expected in setting up a habitable place in Mars. So. If the astraunats could not cope there how possible will it be for them to return..
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Interesting...
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
ZUBY77:

We don't need spaceships..
We won't even pay for transport.

We will just close our eyes, our knees on the ground, with our hands raised, enough dollars in our pockets for Tithe and and offerings, we will zoom away to Wonderland.

The God of TB Joshua and David Oyedepo is greater than the God of Boeing and Airbus. Especially when it comes to space travel.

grin grin cheesy

Lol.. From what i am seeing so far, the God of Boeing and Airbus works better... grin
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dollyak:

This is a wrong statement.... very wrong statement. Have you heard of mars? Do you know what makes a planet habitable for earthly humans? Once you have an idea, you will know mars planet (i.e) can be easily reversed to support life.

It will b reversed artifcially. Nothing comes natural not even d water dey will drink. Enlighten me.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Clearly you are mistaken, there are far more planets in this universe than we can ever count, billions of these planets are in the Goldiclock zone just like earth.

There are chances that millions might even be more than earth, man just lack the technology it takes to visit or explore them.

we haven't flown a probe past our own solar system to start with..

They are all speculations. Nothing is proven yet,until den.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by judedwriter(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mars reminds me of the mars chocholate bar...yummy cheesy imagine if d planet was just chocolate and close by-how nice it would be to visit cheesy
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ZUBY77(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol.. From what i am seeing so far, the God of Boeing and Airbus works better... grin

LOL, make sure the super gullible animals dont catch you..

Otherwise they will command their God to punished or even kill you.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by solash: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:

It is not an issue of doubt, man will Set foot on Mars in no distant future, but colonizing it is out of equation. If you nasa very well you will see there are talk of sending man to Mars but they are not discussing permanent stay. Their plan of going there is purely for research purpose. The future of man lies outside the solar system and not on Mars. I believe I don't have highlight some of the problems anybody who tries to inhabitant Mars will face as I believe you already knows that. High radiation, low gravity, low pressure and some other factors. All these can be manage for a short time but what of the long time effects, and also remember co2 has it tolerant level to plant. At certain level it becomes toxic to plant and animal.
[/quote]But is there no possibility of creating in the future slightly evolved humans, plants and animals that could at least contain the harsh nature of mars for a reasonable long term period as more studies continue
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Heureaux: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
i love saturn and jupitar,very very cute
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by UncleSnr(m): 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
solash:
[color=#006600][/color]
Amazing!
But I want to ask, isn't Federal Republic of Nigeria suppose to be part of this new scientific revolution? Yes I mean Yes a black nation has all it takes to achieve great heights.

It's so painful to only read about these developments when in fact Nigerians sponsored by Nigeria are suppose to be the ones championing these developments.

I ask again, is Nigeria ever going to wake up, or should the black world start looking towards Eastern Nigeria(BIAFRA) for scientific leadership?
Which government? You are supposed to ask why it takes Seun, Lalasticlala, and other supermods ages to put a topic from science and technology section on Front Page?

Why is it that celebrity, politics do have upper hand when it comes to frontpage?

@Johnydon22 thumbsup (double thumb).

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by LOUIS6(m): 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Cyberbaze:
Look good but scary

Most especially the Jupiter, very scary
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by DerKaiser: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:

It is not an issue of doubt, man will Set foot on Mars in no distant future, but colonizing it is out of equation. If you nasa very well you will see there are talk of sending man to Mars but they are not discussing permanent stay. Their plan of going there is purely for research purpose. The future of man lies outside the solar system and not on Mars. I believe I don't have highlight some of the problems anybody who tries to inhabitant Mars will face as I believe you already knows that. High radiation, low gravity, low pressure and some other factors. All these can be manage for a short time but what of the long time effects, and also remember co2 has it tolerant level to plant. At certain level it becomes toxic to plant and animal.

You people are funny.

Man can never even cover the stretch of our solar system as a bio organism and you are talking about outside our solar system lol.

How exactly do you wanna achieve that? Create a means to keep the bio flesh of humans from dying and decaying, device a life prolonging machine or what?
Do you know the incredible distance between planets that are within our star system? How do you intend to cover such distance?

Do not be deceived by Science Fiction and Star Wars.

Get used to it. As long as we are bio organisms, we are not leaving this solar system. We are stuck in it.

Do you know the concept called deep space? With its pitch black darkness and rogue asteroids roaming within it? How do you intend to navigate through deep space to get to another star system considering the fact that planets must revolve around a star.

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ZUBY77(m): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

Moon and the other proven ones, what have you ever done to make a move to prove or find any?

Not even a bicycle has been manufactured around your area.
And you call what the gods tell you speculations.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by BookieMan: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
I differ with that of Saturn. If it were to be close to Earth like the moon, you wouldn't see the complete ring around Saturn but only a part of it.

The earth will be between the ring and Saturn!
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

Am sure many planets have been confirmed and observed to orbit the Goldilocks zone of their respective parent stars.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by permanentgrace(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nice one there. Hmmm, some are so scaring BTW.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by solash: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Like I said before in one other thread, going to Mars is not the problem but setting up a full settlement on Mars is not in the equation of any mainstream scientific organization. The main of going to Mars is purely for research purpose and maybe one day we maybe use it as an outpost. That Mars one mission is a big joke, the main aim of nasa now is to spot any planet outside our solar system with the potential to sustain life and to carry out details studies about the planet condition. And one other even if we are looking for planet outside our system, we should also be considering the remaining life span of planet. For Mars is not a good choice, when our grow old even mars will not be safe
Good point
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by 2dillu2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Uranus looks cool
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by politricks: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
amazing, shame to religions and their useless brainwashing teachings.
Why do you say so?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Ramos16(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Mars can never be colonize
what are your facts, why do you believe that mars can never be colonized?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World's Oldest Black Rhinoceros Dies Aged 57 / Baby Cow With 2 Heads Found In The North (Photos) / NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.