Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Truth About Jesus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Truth About Jesus (1776 Views)

What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. / RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible / What Qur'an Says About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2009
Please download & read the truth about Jesus Christ

Re: The Truth About Jesus by kolaoloye(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2009
@saturnjay
I culled this portion out of your story so that you can answer few questions

What the Holy Qur'an says about Jesus:
They slew him not, nor did they crucify him but it was made dubious to them.
(Holy Qur'an, Surah Nisaa, Verse 157)

Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the Bible, Jesus (A.S.) says,

If you love me, Keep my commandments. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you forever.
(Bible, John 14-15/16)

But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me, and he also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
(Bible, John 15-26/27)

I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and he shall show it unto you.
(Bible, John 16-12/14)

Ulema (learned scholars in Islam) have said that the person who is described by Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) to come after him - in the above verse - does not comply with any other person but Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

In this case, the "comforter" he mentions is none other than Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his laws and way of life (Shariah) and Book (Holy Qur'an) are those that Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) asks his followers to abide by

The "person" whom Jesus (A.S.) prophesized will come after him, is called Pargaleeta in the Bible. This word was deleted by interpreters and translators and changed at times to "Spirit of Truth" and at other times, to "comforter" and sometimes "Holy Spirit." The original Greek and its meaning is "one whom people praise exceedingly." The sense of the word, then, is applicable to the word Muhammad in Arabic, since Muhammad means "the praised one."

From what i highlighted above i want you to prove to me that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)was a/the spirit.
If he is truly the spirit (holy spirit) why did he die, i believe spirits don't die. Please wake up, the earlier you stop deceiving yourself the better
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Ben13: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2009
What is this marking out
Re: The Truth About Jesus by PastorAIO: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
kola oloye:

@saturnjay
I culled this portion out of your story so that you can answer few questions

What the Holy Qur'an says about Jesus:
They slew him not, nor did they crucify him but it was made dubious to them.
(Holy Qur'an, Surah Nisaa, Verse 157)

Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the Bible, Jesus (A.S.) says,

If you love me, Keep my commandments. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you forever.
(Bible, John 14-15/16)

But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me, and he also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
(Bible, John 15-26/27)

I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and he shall show it unto you.
(Bible, John 16-12/14)

Ulema (learned scholars in Islam) have said that the person who is described by Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) to come after him - in the above verse - does not comply with any other person but Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

In this case, the "comforter" he mentions is none other than Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his laws and way of life (Shariah) and Book (Holy Qur'an) are those that Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) asks his followers to abide by

The "person" whom Jesus (A.S.) prophesized will come after him, is called Pargaleeta in the Bible. This word was deleted by interpreters and translators and changed at times to "Spirit of Truth" and at other times, to "comforter" and sometimes "Holy Spirit." The original Greek and its meaning is "one whom people praise exceedingly." The sense of the word, then, is applicable to the word Muhammad in Arabic, since Muhammad means "the praised one."

From what i highlighted above i want you to prove to me that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)was a/the spirit.
If he is truly the spirit (holy spirit) why did he die, i believe spirits don't die. Please wake up, the earlier you stop deceiving yourself the better

The Greek word that Jesus uses there is Paraclete (παράκλητος).  Please see the meaning here for yourselves: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/παράκλητος
There is nothing here about praising exceeding.

Something about this 2nd paraclete that we shall have is that He shall abide with us forever.  Muhammad is long dead and gone.  He stopped abiding with us over a millenium ago. 

Paraclete which just means helper, advocate, supporter was not deleted from any version of the bible that I know.  This particular paraclete ( and the world is full of paracletes, my lawyer, my business partner, my family . . . etc etc ) is said to be a spirit.  A spirit of Truth which will proceed from the father.  The word translated to proceed is 'ekporeuomai' which means to come out of.  Muhammad did not proceed out of God. 

These Ulema, or learned scholars as they call themselves, unfortunately exhibit such shoddy scholarship that if that is the best Islam has to offer then that is really sad.  Paraclete was never mistranslated into spirit of Truth.  in the original greek Paraclete is said to be the Pneuma of Alethia.  Pneuma means spirit.  Alethia means truth.  The Paraclete will be the Pneuma of Alethia therefore means that the Intercessor/advocate will be the spirit of Truth. 

This is also a sticky point for those that say there is only one intercessor and that is Christ.  The spirit of Truth is also an intercessor and furthermore is not in conflict with Christ but in fact speaks of him and reveals him.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by mnwankwo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
This is also a sticky point for those that say there is only one intercessor and that is Christ. The spirit of Truth is also an intercessor and furthermore is not in conflict with Christ but in fact speaks of him and reveals him.

Hi Pastor. You statement above is quite interesting. Who is the spirit of Truth? Stay blessed.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by PastorAIO: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2009
m_nwankwo:

Hi Pastor. You statement above is quite interesting. Who is the spirit of Truth? Stay blessed.

What I've said, I realise, could easily be misconstrued. I was making a reference to an ongoing debate between Roman Catholics and Protestant christians. It is common for some protestants to criticise Catholics for have Mary, regina coelis, as an intercessor, and also to have numerous saints as intercessors between man and God.
Jesus' promise that he will send another intercessor/facilitator (though he didn't say the paraclete was the numerous saints or the virgin) suggests that Jesus is not the only paraclete.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by mnwankwo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2009
Pastor AIO:

What I've said, I realise, could easily be misconstrued. I was making a reference to an ongoing debate between Roman Catholics and Protestant christians. It is common for some protestants to criticise Catholics for have Mary, regina coelis, as an intercessor, and also to have numerous saints as intercessors between man and God.
Jesus' promise that he will send another intercessor/facilitator (though he didn't say the paraclete was the numerous saints or the virgin) suggests that Jesus is not the only paraclete.

Ok Pastor. My previous question stems from my assumption (correct me if I asssumed wrongly) that you believe that the promise of Jesus of another paraclete has come to pass. Thus my question does not deal with the various opinions of several christain groups but with what you believe. Thus I ask, who is the spirit of Truth, the paraclete that Jesus promised. Will the promised paraclete be physically present on earth as Jesus once did? Cheers.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2009
AIO, Kola Oloye

Please in what the spirit mentioned by Jesus happened to be holy spirit? When you do that, we would analyse Jesus statement with regards to the comforter. I have been asking christians a question and they have not been able to provide answer to that simple question.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2009
Pastro AIO, the spirit of truth is Prophet Muhammad. The Holy Quran was revealed to him via "ruuh qudus" (Angel Gabriel), who is a spirit from God. Muhammad was a mortal and it is appointed that every soul must have a taste of death. Jesus is mentioned in the Holy Quran just like Moses,Jonah,David,Solomon,Noah,Adam and so on. Please take a copy of the Quran and read.
Angel Gabriel revealed the Quran to Holy Prophet Muhammad and he never travelled out of the arabian peninsula, he never studied the Torah and the Bible, he was an illiterate and Holy Quran was revealed to him confriming what was in the Torah and Bible and correcting most things/texts that has been manipulated and adultearted in the Torah and the Bible by the jews and others.
Please wake up!
I am ready to give you more facts if you are interested.
May Allah guide you.
Amin.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2009
@Pastor AIO, KOla Oloye

Christians say that Jesus referred to Holy spirit when he mentioned that he would send another comforter but they forgot that the holy Spirit has been in existence and 'another' used couldnt have been for holy spirit but someone like Jesus himself.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2009
please read what islam stand for,

Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2009
Jesus was a mortal like me and you but he was favoured by God to be a Messenger and Prophet of God. He is not dead, he is coming back at endtime to live like us and die like a mortal. The spirit is the Angel Gabriel who is the arch-angel that is charged with special messages frm God.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Graxie(f): 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2009
Posted by: saturnjay
Insert Quote
Jesus was a mortal like me and you but he was favoured by God to be a Messenger and Prophet of God. He is not dead, he is coming back at endtime to live like us and die like a mortal. The spirit is the Angel Gabriel who is the arch-angel that is charged with special messages
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Graxie(f): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2009
THIS IS SERIOUS. shocked
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2009
Yes o. Its very serious. Jesus would be coming to die and tell disbelievers in Allah's proof, evidence, signs that he is the slave and messenger of Allah, sent to Israel alone, never died for your sin nor washed away your sins becaue the soul that sin would die and father would not bear the sin of son nor son would bear that of father.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Graxie(f): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2009
Still quoting 'the soul that sin would die and father would not bear the sin
of son nor son would bear that of father'.
I thought it has been corrupted by you.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
babs787:

Yes o. Its very serious. Jesus would be coming to die and tell disbelievers in Allah's proof, evidence, signs that he is the slave and messenger of Allah, sent to Israel alone, never died for your sin nor washed away your sins becaue the soul that sin would die and father would not bear the sin of son nor son would bear that of father.

why is mohammad not coming?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Davidylan

why is mohammad not coming?

You should ask your Creator that question. Jesus didnt die and he is coming to tell you that and to die like those before him.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

You should ask your Creator that question. Jesus didnt die and he is coming to tell you that and to die like those before him.

But mohammad tamely succumbed to poison? shldnt that hint you that mohammad is just another powerless charlatan unlike Jesus Christ who even you believe ascended to heaven without seeing death?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
Hello. Muhammad did not succumb to poison. Let me educate you. The reference you gave happened in Kaibar, arabian peninsula when muslims conquered the jews there, a jewish woman poisoned a roasted calf that was meant for the muslims to eat. A muslim man ate it and die instantly, Muhammad (SAW) ate a bit of it and spat it away, and told the companions that the meat was poisoned.
The jewish woman was summoned and she confessed that she poisoned it deliberately to ascertianed the prophethood of Muhammad (SAW), that if He is a false Prophet she would get rid of him, otherwise she would know He is a true prophet. Muhammad detected it before the death of the other companion and He survived long after it. He afterward ordered that the woman should be let to go free. Muhammad (SAW) never avenged any wrong doings done to him except the ones that affect the the right of Allah and the message and He was instructed to treat/correct/fight against the wrongdoings and was always cautioned not to be excessive. Muhammad never fought a war except with the command of Allah. He was always inspired and He never did a thing but with guidance from AllAh (SWT).
These confirm the true Prophethood of the Messenger of Allah.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
saturnjay we know the truth. We are tired of hearing lies from you.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by olabowale(m): 12:58am On Jan 28, 2009
@Pastor AIO: « #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:17 PM »

The Greek word that Jesus uses there is Paraclete (παράκλητος). Please see the meaning here for yourselves: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/παράκλητος
There is nothing here about praising exceeding.

Pastor, be sincere to yourself, did Jesus revelations, The Good News/Gospel, came in Greek or in the semitic language of his mother tongue, Aramaic or Hebrew? When you answer this to yourself, then you may have to ask, who was the first "Spirit, comforter" so that you can begin to understand who probably the "another" one is to come after Jesus!

Muhammad (AS) had many names and appelations/attributes. One of his attributes was even "forgiver." Check out the send to the last verse of Chapter 9 of the Qur'aan. Praising exceedingly is another, but not the only one.

Something about this 2nd paraclete that we shall have is that He shall abide with us forever. Muhammad is long dead and gone. He stopped abiding with us over a millenium ago.

Even though Muhammad (AS) has been dead for over a millenium, but his name, his spiritual legacy, his love by his followers, etc has never diminished! The Qur'aan revealed to him by his Lord, Allah is here as exactly the way it was when Muhammad (AS) was alive! I wanna shock your mind with some good common sense; if being alive is the only reason you will believe that the promise of Jesus was Muhammad, then where is the "spirit/comforter/2nd paraclete (boy I hate greek word, except their engineering symbols) in flesh/physically? I guess you do understand that humans have spirits and the spirits do not die!

As a yoruba man, the saying, when a person is alive, he may not be the best man. But he dies he becomes a doll/beautiful; Taa ba wa laiye eniyan osun won. Taa ba ku la ma nderee. If Jesus (AS), who made the promise about a second Comforter, is not the first Comforter, then who was? If Jesus (AS) was the first Comforter, then where is he today? Is the condition of Jesus better than that of Muhammad, since neither is around any longer, until their Lord, Wills what He will for them, in the future to come?

If you make a mistake with your response, you will flung open the door for me to ask you that the first Comforter/Spirit/Paraclete must have been better than Jesus, in position. So is the second Comfort/Spirit/Paraclete, whom you really can't give us his "real name!" If you say, this Comforter is "holy ghost", then you will run the risk, again for any Muslim to challenge you about the name of this "ghost" whom you have earlier, even before Jesus was born, was the one who overshadowed Virgin Mary, so that she can get pregnant with Jesus. You've got big problems, man. I will not let you get off scott free.

Paraclete which just means helper, advocate, supporter was not deleted from any version of the bible that I know. This particular paraclete ( and the world is full of paracletes, my lawyer, my business partner, my family . . . etc etc ) is said to be a spirit. A spirit of Truth which will proceed from the father. The word translated to proceed is 'ekporeuomai' which means to come out of. Muhammad did not proceed out of God.

Allah says that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. Read Surah Azhab. And there are many more places where similar verses in various styles and ways are expressed. Unfortunately, for your Christian mind, "come out of" by your greek "ekporeuomai" does not mean being send by. Then how do you solve the problem that will arrive, when we relate this with the statement of Jesus, claiming that God "sent him?" Read you Bible, again and see how convoluted the overall statements in the Book become.

I am reminded of the statement of Joe Biden, then the running mate of Obama. Biden was making fun of the maverick duos, McCain and Palin, in a mock dialogue between themselves. One is calling the other the maverick, while he/she was trying to elevate the other, by denying the maverick label he/she was just bestowed by the partner. What is Jesus then, if "sending me" is not equal to "I come out of?"

I know Muhammad (AS) came out of the Authority of Allah Who sent him, as His Messenger to the whole mankind, and made him a seal/last of all prophets.

These Ulema, or learned scholars as they call themselves, unfortunately exhibit such shoddy scholarship that if that is the best Islam has to offer then that is really sad. Paraclete was never mistranslated into spirit of Truth. in the original greek Paraclete is said to be the Pneuma of Alethia. Pneuma means spirit. Alethia means truth. The Paraclete will be the Pneuma of Alethia therefore means that the Intercessor/advocate will be the spirit of Truth.

What happens to Semitic language? Why Greek? Is Hebrew or Aramaic now an inferior language? This is the language of your lord's people. This is the language that Mary spoke. this is the language of joseph the capenter. This is the language of all the 12 disciples. This is the language of Jesus revelation. If it is greek, then tell us. If not, then quit fronting and get real, man.

Muhammad (AS) has been granted the position of Intercessor by his Creator, Allah. Read the end of Surah Mariam. Muhammad in an ahadith, stated that on the Day of judgement, he will be the only Messenger and or Prophet to intersedes for "believers" before Allah. Let me tell you, no one will be in this position, before him. Not Jesus, not Moses (AS to all), no one! Then it is a pity, pastor, that you did not take a critical look at what they say that your lord's stated.

This is also a sticky point for those that say there is only one intercessor and that is Christ. The spirit of Truth is also an intercessor and furthermore is not in conflict with Christ but in fact speaks of him and reveals him.

Pastor, in the rhetoric expression of the Ibadans; O je daa le. It means calm down, y'all. I am sure that you did not see the folly of the statement above. So the intercessor Jesus is no more here. Is there any reason Jesus is not abiding with us, now since he is not here? How about the The spirit of truth? Who is the spirit of truth? I want name; infact name and nothing less will do.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by olabowale(m): 1:13am On Jan 28, 2009
@Kola Oloye: « #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:14 AM »

Baba Agba; what about Jesus? At least the Christians believe that he died. When he died, according to the Christian belief, did his Spirit died with him? Or he did not even have a spirit?

Do spirits of dead people also die, or live on? These if you can answer them will guide you to the truth. But is it not interesting that you believe that you read the words of the Christian God, when you read the Bible? have you ever seen that God before? And even though that you said that Jesus is part of your Christian's three person God, was Jesus not dead at one time? Did that death diminished Jesus high stock in your eyes?

The same with Muhammad (AS). When you hear Muslims talk about him, it is as if he is alive like anyone walking the earth, still. I dreamt about him. And since 2002, the dream is just as fresh as if I had just dreamt it now, or even fresher. Is there any spirit, in the mind of Muslims than Muhammad, among humans? His Qur'aan is jusr exactly as it was revealed over 1400 years ago. His hadith is just the same. I try to act like him, in every which way I can. Is any spirit more alive?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Davidylan

But mohammad tamely succumbed to poison? shldnt that hint you that mohammad is just another powerless charlatan unlike Jesus Christ who even you believe ascended to heaven without seeing death?

Is Jesus powerful when he said that he couldnt do anything by himself?
Is he powerful when he cried, my God why has thou forsaken me?
Is he powerful when he went and prayed to God to save him from death and it happened more than twice?Olodo
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

Is Jesus powerful when he said that he couldnt do anything by himself?
Is he powerful when he cried, my God why has thou forsaken me?
Is he powerful when he went and prayed to God to save him from death and it happened more than twice?Olodo

Thou slowpoke and slow to learn . . . if indeed the islamic LIE that Jesus Christ was not crucified but another was crucified in his place is true then the above in highlights could NOT have occured. If you claim that indeed Jesus Christ made that statement on the cross then it means that He died and islam is a fraud for denying it.

Are you people never tired of dribbling urselves?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by babs787(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Davidylan

You talked about his being powerful and when provided questions debunking that claim, you posted another thrash.

Can you do the 3 days and 3 nights calculation for me? Olodo
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

Can you do the 3 days and 3 nights calculation for me? Olodo

slowpoke forget about power now, that isnt the issue. have you addressed my puzzle instead?

which occured? Did Jesus Christ die on the cross AND utter those words you use to claim He was weak

OR

Did Christ NOT die on the cross and thus had no opportunity to utter those words?

the puzzle in simple english:

1. those words blabs references were uttered on the cross

2. Islam is predicated around one sole fact - that Christ did not go to the cross

3. Can you reconcile the above two pls? I'm confused because Islam claims Christ, who didnt go to the cross, uttered words on the cross!  lipsrsealed
Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2009
David, please pick a copy of the Holy Quran and read and you would be convinced. We acknowledge the prophethood of Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, David, Jonah, Noah, Adam, Abraham, Solomon, John the baptist, etc and we make no distinction between them. Why are you people of the book denying Prophet Muhammad (SAW). He is the last and the seal of the prophethood. He brought Islam via divine guidance from God through the acrh Angel Gabriel (AS). Please learn about Islam with open mind before the reality occur to you, May God guide you David. Amin.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2009
saturnjay:

David, please pick a copy of the Holy Quran and read and you would be convinced. We acknowledge the prophethood of Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, David, Jonah, Noah, Adam, Abraham, Solomon, John the baptist, etc and we make no distinction between them. Why are you people of the book denying Prophet Muhammad (SAW). He is the last and the seal of the prophethood. He brought Islam via divine guidance from God through the acrh Angel Gabriel (AS). Please learn about Islam with open mind before the reality occur to you, May God guide you David. Amin.

1. Acknowledging the "prophethood" of Jesus is first and foremost heresy when it comes to christianity. It is what the bible refers to as the antichrist spirit that we are warned to stay away from so no i will NOT read your quran.

2. The quran cannot be "acknowledging" the prophethood of jewish kings, leaders and prophets since it CANNOT prove that those people were muslims in the first place. Was David praying to allah in hebrew? Where are these earliest islamic prayers and why has islam suddenly shifted to arabs?

3. Christians do not deny mohammad . . . they dont know him and have nothing to do with him. It is muslims struggling to force him into the bible.

4. I've learnt about islam, its nothing but a pack of lies and inconsistent fraud.
Re: The Truth About Jesus by saturnjay(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
I have read the Bible and i even have a copy at home with me, i was not afraid reading the Bible, Please pick a copy of the Holy Quran and read the chapter titled "The Mary" Please do and you will experience something different in you. There are King James versionof Bible, and various other versions. Are you aware that you and the Jehovah witness, Seven days adventist and catholic churh goers don't read the same Bible. They are variants, research these, why!!!!. Please research if there various versions of the Holy Quran and ge across to me this night.
The Holy Bible has been adulterated by the people of the book in the past, that's why they are variations in the Bible as a book.
Will you not think?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
saturnjay:

I have read the Bible and i even have a copy at home with me

Why does every muslim read the bible and have a copy EVEN THOUGH they claim the same bible is a fraud?
Is this not the same bible they claim the pen of the scribes have forged? why are you still reading it?

Pls kindly help me understand this apparent hypocrisy! Is it that the quran ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES the bible to make sense? Is it because 99% of your alleged "prophets" can only be found in the bible?

saturnjay:

Please pick a copy of the Holy Quran and read the chapter titled "The Mary" Please do and you will experience something different in you. There are King James versionof Bible, and various other versions. Are you aware that you and the Jehovah witness, Seven days adventist and catholic churh goers don't read the same Bible. They are variants, research these, why!!!!. Please research if there various versions of the Holy Quran and ge across to me this night.

They are NOT variants you sons of liars but different editions to make the language easier to understand. I can read KJV because i was raised on it and can understand old english. some people cant make sense of it and have to read new english versions.

Do you know that the quran also comes in different versions and translations too? Research those, why!!!!

saturnjay:

The Holy Bible has been adulterated by the people of the book in the past, that's why they are variations in the Bible as a book.
Will you not think?

And you fool still read the bible and have a copy at home? Why?

Is this the same bible you also quote to prove the jewish prophets were muslims?
Re: The Truth About Jesus by olabowale(m): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
@Davidylan: « #26 on: Today at 08:56:11 PM »  

slowpoke forget about power now, that isnt the issue. have you addressed my puzzle instead?

which occured? Did Jesus Christ die on the cross AND utter those words you use to claim He was weak

What if he fainted? Is fainting the same as death?
Or even being a coma. Is comatose the same as dead?
Even brain dead. Is that the same as truly dead?
Dont they use defubilators today to shock those playing dead back up to live, again?
A truly dead person does not wake up. Those who God allow to wake up were used as signs, as appropriated.
In time, each will finally die. The time of the death of jesus is not here yet. That is the reason Allah raised him up.
That paved the way, in time for the universal Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (AS) who carried and delivered the message to the whole Universe.

OR

Did Christ NOT die on the cross and thus had no opportunity to utter those words?

the puzzle in simple english:

1. those words blabs references were uttered on the cross

2. Islam is predicated around one sole fact - that Christ did not go to the cross

3. Can you reconcile the above two pls? I'm confused because Islam claims Christ, who didnt go to the cross, uttered words on the cross!

let me straighten you out. I will alley your confusion one time. You know when an ignorant perceive an issue, it probably not actually the case. You truly have  to apply the litmus test, to be sure. In the case of Jesus, Allah says that he did not die nor crucified.

So a smart person with good religious insight should believe that he was alive and did not die throughout on the cross. No wonder he was up and about in a span of two days, but definitely tess than 72 hours, after he was removed limply from the cross.

David you have seen when real gladiators beat up on each others. It takes at least few days before the one who got the short end of the stick gets better. For example, the thriller in Manila fight between Muhammad Ali and Smokey Joe Frazier, got Muhammad many days in the hospital. Yet he won the fight. Just imagine what it did to the body of Frazier?

The Rumble in the Jungle fight did almost the same. Imagine the hay days of Mike Tyson, or Holyfield?

Now that you have the above scenerios to formulate what the body of Jesus would have felt like after much punishment, it is no wonder that he looked lifeless in the eye of his enemies. If they had perceived that his breathing was only undetectable, and was not dead, since blood was still flowing in his body, without any coagulation, do you think that they would not have made sure that they he was dead?

Few years before, his cousin, John was beheaded. They could have done the same to him, even after he was taken off from the Cross. But Allah confounded the enemies of Jesus to simply believe, from visual observation and be satisfied that he was dead.

While the magicians of Egypt in the court of Pharaoh performed magic by making their sticks/rods look like snakes, Allah performed Miracles about Jesus by making Jesus looked dead in the eyes of his enemies, even though he was not.

And as to any word or words uttered on the cross, if he did not yell and show the agony of pain or defeat (made to look so; Allah says), do you not think that his enemies will want to be 1000% sure that he truly died? This miracle from from Allah is a very direct way to give false satisfaction to the enemies of Jesus.

When Oyenusi was being killed in Lagos bar beach, he continued to laugh. Then the authority took him off the stake, even though that he had stopped laughing. They pour acid on him, so that they can be sure that he actually died. But in the case of Prophet Isa bin Mariam, Allah made his enemies satisfied with whatever visual and audio signs that he exhibited. Miracle.

Today at 09:31:06 PM »  
1. Acknowledging the "prophethood" of Jesus is first and foremost heresy when it comes to christianity. It is what the bible refers to as the antichrist spirit that we are warned to stay away from so no i will NOT read your quran.

David just denied that Jesus was a prophet to his people. I wonder what the usage of "and iwas not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" for? Or was he son of man or son of god or god sent to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel?"

Who sent him? Who could send a god except a Bigger God, a real God this time? Not the pretenders.

2. The quran cannot be "acknowledging" the prophethood of jewish kings, leaders and prophets since it CANNOT prove that those people were muslims in the first place. Was David praying to allah in hebrew? Where are these earliest islamic prayers and why has islam suddenly shifted to arabs?

The same you a Yoruba boy in Rochester, is playing pundit about matters of the palestinians and palestine? Wow.
Now prayers could be made in any allowable language, as long as it is Allah's commandment to do so, in that language.

Let me show you that it is the obedience of the commandment that makes a person/entity a muslim. For example, Allah is the only One that one should prostrate his face to. But He Allah commanded the Angels to prostrate to Adam. It was the refusal to prostrate to Adam by the Jinn in the community of Angels, that made Iblis, the Jinn became Satan the rejected.

Then in the dream of a Prophet Joseph, even his father, Israel himself, Jacob (AS) had to prostrate to him, in Egypt. You dig?

3. Christians do not deny mohammad . . . they dont know him and have nothing to do with him. It is muslims struggling to force him into the bible.

The Jews say the same thing about Jesus.

4. I've learnt about islam, its nothing but a pack of lies and inconsistent fraud

The Jews say the same thing about Christianity.

(1) (2)

Barka De Sallah / Islam embrace violence / Is Allah Also The God Of Israel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.