Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi (14342 Views)

Fuel Not Scarce, Don't Panic Buying - NNPC Tells Nigerians (October 14th) / Asari Dokubo's Wife Reacts To Buhari's Planned Probe Of Missing $20bn / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
olu77:

I always love to see a clear line drawn between humility and stupidity.
see what ever u want!! who told u ur dry opinion is even relevant?
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Google63(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
My Jonathan and Diezani are innocent afterall... Sanusi is such a heartless man.
How much did GEJ bribe you with to bring him to good light on nairaland... I'm very sure your conscience won't allow you to betray your unborn children with just a few thousand naira

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by olu77(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
shikaan:
see what ever u want!! who told u ur dry opinion is even relevant?

So it's your wet opinion that is relevant grin grin. May Lord deliver you from shallow understanding and mediocrity.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
olu77:

So it's your wet opinion that is relevant grin grin. May Lord deliver you from shallow understanding and mediocrity.
Amen.. oya go and sleep.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by vigasimple(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
Eluwilussit:
Sanusi made a big blunder. At that level, you don't come out with figures unless you are sure they are right and final.

As soon as SLS went from $49B to anything else, he rubbished his claims. He and his position were put in disrepute by that blunder.

I have no doubt that men dey chop money over there at NNPC. The truth is that it has always been like that. Even when Buhari was there. Na them northerners full there now. It will continue until the right people are put there. Not people who see everything as national cake.

Being Emir doesn't mean he can't be prosecuted if he has committed any crime as CBN gov. He's lucky GEJ is a southerner and must be careful how to handle his case, so he will not appear tribalistic or anti-Islam. The least the Emir can do is to tell the truth and apologize to the nation, for misleading us.

Well, Sanusi Lamido is BORN TO RULE FULANI MAN, they lie and above the law. He has with 2 others committed murder to a southern in the past.

But who can prosecute a Fulani man in Nigeria? Not many and few judge will hear it let alone jailed them.

Sanusi Lamido is also a very CORRUPT MAN but he hide under using CBN money for social responsibility funding to 'buy' the stool of Kano even though he is not the one directly entitled to it. But the throne has been hijacked by Sanusi Lamido forefathers from the Hausa kings.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by micktoxin(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Two things are for sure in life as a Nigerian, Death and theft by Nigerian Government. The reality is more than the alleged $ are being stolen from Nigeria every year.
VOTE wisely for lesser of the two evils, It's just a shame the two candidates presented doesn't inspire confidence.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by ONYX5(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
Omooba77:

Please respect his position sir
puck his position
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by OLADD: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
It is rather sad such a frivolous allegation could emanate from the nation's former chief banker.

What do you expect from an ex banker who obtained his first degree in Islamic Studies?
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
OLADD:

What do you expect from an ex banker who obtained his first degree in Islamic Studies?

Lols...,a m.sc in islamic studies for one university for sudan
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by VolvoS60(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
undecided

And up till this moment the Federal government has not thought it fit and proper for the PwC audit report to be released to Nigerians. Instead we are being given snippets, tidbits and highlights without any context or background to form informed opinions or conclusions. Whose interests are being served here?

The GEJ administration has been shockingly irresponsible on this matter. undecided Nigerians have a right to read that report and make their own judgements. What's the point of an audit if its findings are not going to be made available to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by firstolalekan(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
clevvermind:
stop abusing your father and mother. ok.
Lol!
Morôn don't know what to say back.
What an imbecilė.
Foolishmind
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
criminalmindz:
VOTE WISELLY

Letter to Buhari from the grave of the innocents –
By Bashir Yusufu
Dear General Buhari; I would’ve addressed this letter privately to you, but in the expectation that you may not receive it, I decided to make it an Open Letter, in the hope that you would stumble on it, read it and hopefully feel some of the pains and anguish that have been my lot. Having said that, permit me therefore to proceed with the rest of this missive from the grave of innocents departed.
Last night, while I was at my modest home in Katsina, relaxing and probably half-awake, I heard the voice of my cousin who was killed in the North in April 2011 during the post-election violence instigated by your loss of the presidential election. With bloodshot sad eyes, my cousin, looking apparition-like, was wailing “Gen Buhari, why why”. My cousin’s name is (or was) Mallam Yusuf Danfulani, a bright young lad originally from Katsina State, who was slaughtered in cold blood and set on fire by youths chanting “Sai Buhari”, like they are again now chanting in 2015.
Gen Buhari, in case you have forgotten, Yusuf was slaughtered in your name even though he never did any wrong to you, and even voted for you against Dr Jonathan. He lost his life just because the murderers you encouraged by your many hate speeches believed Yusuf to be from middle belt or southern Nigeria, most probably because of his bulky looks and brave, patriotic attempts to prevent the killing of an innocent Youth Corper, Ukeoma Ikechukwu. Even though he cried out in Hausa and Fulfulde, he was still not believed by those you (Buhari) managed to brainwash to see all non-Fulani Nigerians as conspiring to vote against you. In this very case, Yusuf voted for you but his ‘Sai Buhari’ killers never believed he did. Like you, Gen Buhari, the mob was baying for the blood of innocents.
If not for Yusuf’s best friend who was with him and was himself nearly killed, we would not have recognized his charred body that was burnt beyond recognition. And thanks to the same friend for recounting to us the little he could make out at the last moments of Yusuf’s life, the agony he passed through and the most important words he uttered before he gave up. It is the same words I heard him utter last night from the grave: ‘Gen Buhari, why why’. Yet, to this day, you (Buhari) have not cared to apologize or show any remorse, but you instead offered lame excuses for the bloodletting you had instigated, and still instigate. I now ask you this: Gen Buhari, must you always shade blood, like you started doing from 1983, to rule Nigeria? Do you recall how you killed Brigadier Bako in 1983 just so you could take power by force from Shehu Shagari?
General Buhari, Ukeoma Ikechukwu himself was reported missing that same day Yusuf was murdered by your supporters, and finally confirmed dead the following day when his charred remains was discovered in a hooded area. Apparently, your supporters had dragged him out of the open and tortured him before finally snuffing life out of him. Like my cousin, Yusuf, Ukeoma was very young and an innocent. Unlike Dr. Jonathan, they were not contesting against you. Yet, when they were killed, part of Nigeria was killed with them; the same Nigeria that you are now angrily campaigning to rule.
Yusuf and Ukeoma were not alone. Six other innocent Youth Corpers were also murdered in Bauchi, where you Buhari, polled 1,315,209 votes (almost 82 per cent), defeating Dr Jonathan who scored 258,404 votes and did not even hit the 25 per cent mark. The corps members were reportedly chased to a police station where they sought refuge. But the rioters, who were raving mad with bloodlust and chanting “Sai Buhari”, overran the station and murdered the young Nigerians in cold blood. So, Gen Buhari, as you can see from the Bauchi result and it’s aftermath, your supporters even shade blood when you win; still you have no qualms. Today, you are prancing around the nation, arrogant and angry as usual, behaving like you have already won the election; and thus setting up another bloodletting if you are not announced winner.
The story of Obinna Okpokiri is as heart-wrenching as Yusuf’s. The 27-year-old was butchered and burnt to ashes, in the service of his fatherland. Okpokiri’s own circumstances were as gruesome as they could be. He had run to the Corpers’ Lodge as the rampaging ‘Sai Buhari’ rioters targeted Youth Corper polling officers recruited by INEC for the election. As painful death loomed, the young Nigerians contemplated fleeing to the barracks. But they were not lucky enough. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters caught up with them, slaughtered and set them on fire. Like Yusuf, these innocents are human beings and future leaders on the last laps of fulfilling their national duty before moving on to a bright future. But it was not to be because, in your name, Gen Buhari, they were slaughtered, sliced, soaked in petrol and scorched. Reduced to ashes in minutes and in the most callous fashion by those that are not better citizens or humans than them.
General Buhari, while you are now busy inciting another violence, please bear in mind that in 2011, your supporters turned violent in whole 12 northern states as they burned the homes, vehicles, and properties of innocent Nigerians, some of whom are also Muslims and Northerners like you and my cousin Yusuf. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters also targeted and killed Christians and members of southern Nigerian ethnic groups, who were seen as supporting the PDP, and they burnt churches across the north. One particular attack in Bauchi stood out as most heart-breaking. According to Human Rights Watch, on April 17 in Giade, a rural town in northern Bauchi, ‘Sai Buhari’ mobs attacked youth corps members in the town. The Corpers, who were mostly from Yoruba, ran to the local police station to seek refuge, but the mobs stormed the police station. The mob killed the police officer on duty and burned down the police station. They raped two of the female youth corps members and then hacked them to death with machetes, along with five male youth corps members. In total, rioters killed ten youth corps members in that town alone.
A lecturer at the Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna State, described to Human Rights Watch how a mob of Muslims chanting “Change, Sai Buhari” attacked and killed several Christian students, a Christian lecturer and four Muslim students suspected of being PDP sympathizers on April 17: He said “Between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., they entered the school chanting slogans and shouting: “Where are the Christians and Muslims that supported the ruling party?” They had painted their faces black and were shouting that they needed “change”, the Congress for Progressive Change campaign slogan. The mob had all sorts of weapons – machetes, sticks, and clubs. They started breaking the glass on the buildings. The students ran away but the mob pursued them into the staff quarters and they had nowhere to go. The mob beat them to death. The lecturer they killed was Yoruba“.
Finally, Gen Buhari, let me end this letter by asking you this question: When are you going to apologize to me, to Yusuf’s aged parents, to Ukeoma’s parents, to parents of all innocents murdered by your brainwashed supporters, to Nigeria and to mankind? And here is Yusuf again, asking you from the grave: “Gen Buhari, why why”.
Bashir Yusufu.
yusufubashir@yahoo.com
sorry for the loss but check your facts well, it was ibb and not buhari that killed brig. bako. buhari DID NOT participate in the coup, he was however picked after bako's death to lead the country

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by nickxtra(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
#ShowUsAuditReport. Join the movement to beg NNPC to publish the Audit Report. Nigerians are no fool.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by clevvermind(m): 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
firstolalekan:

Lol!
Morôn don't know what to say back.
What an imbecilė.
Foolishmind
why would i stoop to your level? you are a nobody. stop struggling to make yourself relevant. i would not reply you again kid.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by VolvoS60(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
OLADD:

^^^^
His first degree was in economics. He later got a masters degree in Islamic Studies.

More important: Nigerians deserve to have free and unfettered access to the PwC audit report. I am not interested in whether or not Sanusi has a degree in Norse mythology. GEJ should release the report. Now.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by askuburi2: 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
kash....sanusi saw sometin....
bt we cant never saw d truth..

sai baba

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by VolvoS60(m): 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
Eluwilussit:
Sanusi made a big blunder. At that level, you don't come out with figures unless you are sure they are right and final.

As soon as SLS went from $49B to anything else, he rubbished his claims. He and his position were put in disrepute by that blunder.

I have no doubt that men dey chop money over there at NNPC. The truth is that it has always been like that. Even when Buhari was there. Na them northerners full there now. It will continue until the right people are put there. Not people who see everything as national cake.

Being Emir doesn't mean he can't be prosecuted if he has committed any crime as CBN gov. He's lucky GEJ is a southerner and must be careful how to handle his case, so he will not appear tribalistic or anti-Islam. The least the Emir can do is to tell the truth and apologize to the nation, for misleading us.

^^^^

undecided

It is noteworthy that you have said nothing about the official investigation (the PwC report) into this whole matter and the refusal of the Jonathan administration to release that report to Nigerians. Instead you have travelled down the path of innuendo, sentiment and speculation. What value does this add to anything?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by firstolalekan(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
clevvermind:
why would i stoop to your level? you are a nobody. stop struggling to make yourself relevant. i would not reply you again kid.
Foól
Nobody even knows your nonentity drunkąrd old foól father.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by since1914(m): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
This is the problem with being too clever by half...if only the NNPC audit report had been released in full, Nigerians would long laid to rest all of these speculations by now. Until that happens...the allegations and speculations will not cease.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by lukaino(m): 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
I have come to actually believe that billion dollars must be missing with the reckless abandon with which the currency is being distributed by the rulling party across the country.

God is watching us all in 3d
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Exigency: 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
"But it is on record that he (as CBN Governor) attended the hearings of the Senate Committee on Finance where the issue of kerosene subsidy was exhaustively looked at vis-à-vis the Presidential Memo directing the removal of kerosene subsidy. The explanation was that the process of implementing the Presidential directive was not followed through by the Minister of Petroleum Resources at that time as required by law which technically meant that kerosene subsidy was not removed.

“It was on the basis of this that the Senate Committee on Finance in its report recommended that the Executive should prepare and present to the National Assembly a supplementary budget ‘to cover the expenditure in the sum of N90.6 billion for Premium Motor Spirit subsidy 2012 and N685.9 billion for kerosene subsidy expended without appropriation by the National Assembly’."

Pray, do we even read, internalize and analyze issues before commenting or do we give stereotype robotic comment to all issues? From the quote above petroleum minister spent about =N= 685 billion without appropriation. Is it just me or is this the height of unseriousness as a nation. Yet nairalanders have nothing to say about this. Instead they curse the person who brought this to light. And we all know that it is a crime to spend even =N= 1 without appropriation. Common guys we can do better than this. And talking about the subsidy, how many of us buy kerosene at subsidized rate? So where did all that money go? Your guess is as good as mine.

And talking about the audit report, if it was in favor of the gov't it would have been released long ago but the president is sitting on it because, according to the minister, so that the opposition party will not use it to campaign against them. Meaning report may not be very good.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by VolvoS60(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nigeria's endless game of musical chairs continues. Perhaps unintentionally, the NNPC's statement (through Mr Ohi Alegbe) raises more questions than answers:

[b]“But it is on record that he (as CBN Governor) attended the hearings of the Senate Committee on Finance where the issue of kerosene subsidy was exhaustively looked at vis-à-vis the Presidential Memo directing the removal of kerosene subsidy. The explanation was that the process of implementing the Presidential directive was not followed through by the Minister of Petroleum Resources at that time as required by law which technically meant that kerosene subsidy was not removed.

“It was on the basis of this that the Senate Committee on Finance in its report recommended that the Executive should prepare and present to the National Assembly a supplementary budget ‘to cover the expenditure in the sum of N90.6 billion for Premium Motor Spirit subsidy 2012 and N685.9 billion for kerosene subsidy expended without appropriation by the National Assembly’.

“PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) also observed in its recent forensic audit report thus: ‘Regarding the issue of subsidy on DPK (kerosene) the Presidential Directive of 19 October, 2009, was not gazetted and there is no other legal instrument cancelling the subsidy on DPK. The Senate Committee had also concluded that all that was now required was for the FGN to propose appropriation for the unappropriated subsidy for the period in a supplemental budget.’
[/b]

There are two questions arising from the above which Nigerians should demand answers to:

Why did the then Minister of petroleum resources fail to implement the presidential directive on the removal of kerosene subsidy?
Why was the presidential directive not gazetted?
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by VolvoS60(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nigerians should ask themselves whether their duly elected representatives in the various House and Senate committees are working for Nigerians or working against them. angry A presidential directive was flouted and not gazetted as required. What were the consequences? Those who were following the hearings of that time should ask themselves whether the Senate Committee indeed served the interests of voters. Apart from legitimizing undecided (via legislative approval of supplementary budgets) the unauthorized expenditures approved by the minister what else did the Committee do? Several months after these hearings began, can Nigerians say their interests have been served (by the executive and the legislature)? angry
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Meanwhile....a certain report is yet to be released in full.....

But from what we have seen so far......$1.4BN is still a lot of money.

Someone in NNPC is busy bluffing and puffing......

GEJ will earn my undying admiration....if he takes a Dyson vacuum cleaner and cleans out that Augean stable that is our House of Petra Oleum.

The Kano emir insisted that about $20bn was missing from the account of the NNPC, which was not remitted to the federation account.
https://www.nairaland.com/2203524/buhari-right-level-corruption-emir

Note, not that the money was gone forever. If the money was later paid back, that was not Sanusi what crying about. At that time, Sanusi said the money was missing.

Why can't GEJ make the report public, let us see the account balance at the time Sanusi raised the alarm.

All this is long story from NNPC. Let them make the report public. What are they hiding?

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by dokyOloye: 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
My Jonathan and Diezani are innocent afterall... Sanusi is such a heartless man.
A very randy and useless man who was using CBN money to charter private jets to go and sleep wt another man's wife.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by dokyOloye: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Whatever the state of HRH's cranial process is.....the fact remains that the NNPC is not a clean house.

And no....the problem did not start today....it started ages ago.

Anyways....what do I know. I am just a Nigerian....after all.....
at least,GEJ deserves commendation for being d 1st president in d recent past to audit NNPC accounts
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
dokyOloye:
at least,GEJ deserves commendation for being d 1st president in d recent past to audit NNPC accounts

What is the use of the audit if GEJ never planned to make it public?

Just another political stunt to cover his corrupt acts.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Eluwilussit(m): 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
vigasimple:

Well, Sanusi Lamido is BORN TO RULE FULANI MAN, they lie and above the law. He has with 2 others committed murder to a southern in the past.

But who can prosecute a Fulani man in Nigeria? Not many and few judge will hear it let alone jailed them.

Sanusi Lamido is also a very CORRUPT MAN but he hide under using CBN money for social responsibility funding to 'buy' the stool of Kano even though he is not the one directly entitled to it. But the throne has been hijacked by Sanusi Lamido forefathers from the Hausa kings.

I agree with your summation totally. Sanusi was not good enough nor experienced enough to be our CBN gov. We all know that, but he's a fulani as you rightly said. I am aware of Akaluka's case. We all know the role he played, yet such a vagabond was made the CBN gov and now emir.

Any wonder why the North goes on rampage at the slightest opportunity? With SLS as emir of Kano and GMB as president, add Tinubu as national chairman of "Nigeria", you and I can now imagine what will become of the minorities among them up north.

Sanusi simply bit the finger that was feeding him. He sold out to the enemies of the FG. Without sounding myopic, I can bet you that GEJ has few genuine supporters from the north among his cabinet.

The man Jonathan has done more for the North than the South. His one achievement, agriculture, that everyone agreed that he did well, was in the north. Agriculture and education have all been boosted in the north. Yet they will betray Jona at the drop of a hat for a man who has done nothing with his life in the last 30 years, simply because he is a fulani man. Shame.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by texazzpete(m): 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I agree with your summation totally. Sanusi was not good enough nor experienced enough to be our CBN gov. We all know that, but he's a fulani as you rightly said. I am aware of Akaluka's case. We all know the role he played, yet such a vagabond was made the CBN gov and now emir.

Any wonder why the North goes on rampage at the slightest opportunity? With SLS as emir of Kano and GMB as president, add Tinubu as national chairman of "Nigeria", you and I can now imagine what will become of the minorities among them up north.

Sanusi simply bit the finger that was feeding him. He sold out to the enemies of the FG. Without sounding myopic, I can bet you that GEJ has few genuine supporters from the north among his cabinet.

The man Jonathan has done more for the North than the South. His one achievement, agriculture, that everyone agreed that he did well, was in the north. Agriculture and education have all been boosted in the north. Yet they will betray Jona at the drop of a hat for a man who has done nothing with his life in the last 30 years, simply because he is a fulani man. Shame.

Your problem is that your education was faulty from the beginning. And your limited IQ has not helped matters at all.

Sanusi was 100% right with all his allegations. Discerning minds can see this.

But don't let me stop you from your intolerant, bigoted rant.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Eluwilussit(m): 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^

undecided

It is noteworthy that you have said nothing about the official investigation (the PwC report) into this whole matter and the refusal of the Jonathan administration to release that report to Nigerians. Instead you have travelled down the path of innuendo, sentiment and speculation. What value does this add to anything?

For starters, na me give you that like. Lol. Talking about the PwC report, if I am not mistaken, we were told that less than 2B was not remitted to FG. I can't tell you if they were right or wrong.

My emphasis has been on the figures that kept changing from sanusi's office. I am only pointing out that SLS did a shoddy job and was in a haste to discredit the FG and Jonathan. I believe that he did it to smear his reputation. The moment SLS changed those figures, his credibility became questionable. There's nothing like innuendo, sentiment or speculation here. If you must accuse anyone of those three, then it should be SLS.

In evidential law, the moment the evidence is tampered with, it is no longer tenable. How do you go from $49b to $10b and finally to $20b, and expect any rational being to take you serious? Which figure do we accuse FG and NNPC of misappropriating? 49, 10 or 20?

Sanusi was wrong in accusing them without doing his homework well. I don't care how much is missing but as CBN gov, I expected a meticulous approach and due diligence from SLS before going to the media to rubbish the FG. It shows a hidden agenda.
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by Exigency: 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Eluwilussit post=31837557]

I beg your pardon sir, speak for yourself only. But for Sansui the rot that went on in the banks would have led to catastrophic consequences for everybody. Now we have banks that are strong players in global financial market. You can sleep soundly because you know your deposit is safe in the bank.

But Sanusi is not the type of lame duck CBN governor that the politicians want. He will not look the other way when he smells corruption. But then in the present dispensation anyone who dares to differ from the FG is working for the opposition. So how do we attain greatness if all of us must see issues the same way? What happens to intellectualism that Nigerians are known for? What a people, what a waste!
Re: Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi by ibietela2(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Omooba77:
I beg warn them not to abuse our Emir oh

But you can abuse the president?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki / Buhari Doesn't Need To Transmit Letter To NASS —presidency / $12m Contract: Uzodinma Released, Returns For Grilling Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.