Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (47020 Views)

Kano Assembly Raises Panel To Probe Sanusi Over Fresh Claims / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / Asari Dokubo's Wife Reacts To Buhari's Planned Probe Of Missing $20bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Zandyslaux(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Sunday said his administration would take a second look at the claim by a former Governor of the Central Bank, now Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, that $20bn, that was supposed to be remitted by the NNPC to the federation account, could not be unaccounted.

Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of party supporters and newly elected officials on the platform of the All Progressives Congress from Adamawa State at his campaign office in Abuja.

The President-Elect, who spoke in the local Hausa language, expressed surprise that instead of probing the allegations by the former CBN governor, the authorities chose to fire him.

According to him, since Sanusi’s claim was documented, his administration will take a second look at the document when he assumes power on May 29th.

Buhari said, “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

“You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.”

This is against the background of a pronouncement by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the unremitted $1.48bn into the federation account.

While expressing gratitude to the visiting delegation, Buhari in response to several requests, said his administration would work in tandem with the manifesto of the APC.

He listed priority areas to include security of lives and property, the economy, job creation and the war against corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-probe-sanusis-missing-us-20bn-allegation-buhari/

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Before nko

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Janet101(f): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Baba, help us collect d money

163 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by KingTom(m): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
That is the best thing to do wink

41 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by kinglekan: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
We are patiently waiting. grin

25 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Good move...

28 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by MrScript(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Watching in 3D

6 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Obasanjo used the EFCC in witch hunting his political enemies and contenders... I hope Buhari would not be used as a tool for opposition witch hunting... In as much as Sanusi has become a saint over night... Are all the shabby appointments that were dished out to his kinsmen from kano and kaduna be probed as well? A big organization like CBN has not recruited in almost five years (if not more than), yet new employees resume work there every Monday morning.. Same with NDIC, NSMPC, NNPC, top ministries in Abuja etc. Are we gonna probe all these as well...
Buhari and the APC, as well as Nigerians should give Nigeria a fresh start... Not spending more years and resources hunting down the past.... A new beginning should be launched where transparency, accountability and due process would be the order of the day..
If the new government spend time chasing the past, in the nearest future Nigerians would start screaming change again...

149 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by sheunsheun(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lets wait nd c, bt buhari remeba say na 1.9m votes dis man giv u ooo

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by wachakuta(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Looters ve no place to hide... now we will know that ve a leader in naija!! haters u can all go and hug transformer

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by intergral(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Baba wait make we enter power first....
How I wish baba will do more for the igbos so that one day they will tell their children that when change came to nigeria they rejected it because the want nigeria to crumble so that their children will continue to suffer.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
I trust this man. He says, he does. However, we should always remember that he is not a god, there's only so much he can do. When shortcomings come here and there, we must exercise patience. Changing Nigeria is not a day's task. It's not even a year's task given the kakistomoboplutocratic antecedent of the government.

Meanwhile, learn about the Yoruba people of Aniocha in Delta State:
https://www.nairaland.com/2278577/facts-yoruba-enclave-heart-aniocha

17 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by TonyOputa(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
shocked
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by CR77(f): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Buhari too talk tongue talk small and do more tongue

Action is what we need

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Commendable! Go ahead, GMB!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by shawn3586(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Okay. We dey waite
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by weselomo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
say baba noni

5 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by hizaya61(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ok
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by hensben(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Good never again

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by QuotaSystem: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Diezani should be put under surveillance after this announcement. That meeting with SLS must have provided the General with incontrovertible proof that the missing $20b is real and has been looted. There is no reason that woman's tenure shouldn't be probed and prosecuted if indicted. Yet some people wanted us to believe that Jonathan's spending of $10b (N2 trillion) on his campaigns was far-fetched.

Interesting times.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by asiwajub(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Will be more interesting but my worry is the possibility of the probe to see the light of the day. #justthinking

SLS downloaded the true story to my President Elect in Kaduna. You can see the photo of SLS visit grin grin grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by owen4u(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Please remember to probe the uncompleted and over-bloated light rail projects #Fashola#Amaechi undecided

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Winners72(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sai baba, pls do sth asap
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
This dude talk too much these days.

We Nigerians beg you, don't join Jona with His I will do, I will do syndrome.

ACTION IS WHAT WE WANT.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Olamitisoji(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Blackchampion(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015

3 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Shege!

No phone calls or commendations can save these political rugrats.

This explains why PEJ kept shouting "prison, prison, prison" during her campaign.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by kindnyce(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
PLS GMB...DO RE-VISIT THE ALLEGATIONS COS THAT MONEY WILL GO ALONG WAY IN REVIVING A LOT OF OUR MORIBUND SECTOR ESP ELECTRICITY

25 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
SAY NO TO CORRUPTION AND LOOTING

PROBE THEM ALL

SAI MY PRESIDENT

24 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by IYANGBALI: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke kuje prison calling

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fubara Fell Out With Wike / Buhari Defeats Atiku In Kwankwansos LGA / Governor Dickson Of Bayelsa Caught Fishes In A River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.