Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Polygamy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Polygamy (4766 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / The Negative Effects Of Polygamy / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy by earTHMama: 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2009
I know Islam does not support lying and living under false identity but since Polygamy is illegal in the US and many muslims marry more than one wife, is that not lying and living under falsehood?. I know egbon Olabs have three or five wives and he resides here in the US where only one wife is legal. How can he be practicing bigamy on one hand and be worhipping Allah on the other?. Isn't that hypocrisy?
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2009
*waits for Alhaji to answer* grin
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
No, he won't answer it. He wouldn't want to incriminate himself in the name of allah. grin grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 19, 2009
uncle olabs is a fugitive under the law? shocked grin
Re: Polygamy by auwal87(m): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2009
I would rather have a neighbor with different spouses than a country with different standards for its citizens.
Jonathan Turley
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2009
Funmi, none of my women lives with me. They do have their lives to live. I am always a Nigerian, you know.
Re: Polygamy by bgees(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2009
with Muslims, polygamy is fast fading out. many Muslims don't even practice it anymore.

the economy, education as well as HIV  and AIDS has discouraged polygamy. Islam doesn't enforce polygamy, it only allows it .
\

but who said only Muslims practice polygamy?
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2009
I would rather have a neighbor with different spouses than a country with different standards for its citizens.
Jonathan Turley

Oh please!. Where is the relationship with polygamy here?. Islamic countries also have different standards for its citizens. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2009
Funmi, none of my women lives with me. They do have their lives to live. I am always a Nigerian, you know.

In other words, you are an undercover polygamist?. One in NY, one in MD, another in Nigeria and the last somewhere in the west coast?. Allah sees all, I tell you. You can fool the govt by dispersing your wives but Allah knows your secret deals. One wonders why you don't live with at least one of them?. Is it to make way for occasional sidekicks from sex workers?
Re: Polygamy by Lagosboy: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2009
It is against the law to marry more than one wife at the registry but not against the law to have several religious marriages if you wish. Here in the UK there are several men with more than one wife but just the first one would have been registered at the registry.

There is nothing illegal in it what is illegal is marying 2 women at the registry. Some refugees came here with 2-3 wives and the law recognised them with no issue at all.
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
It is against the law to marry more than one wife at the registry but not against the law to have several religious marriages if you wish. Here in the UK there are several men with more than one wife but just the first one would have been registered at the registry.

There is nothing illegal in it what is illegal is marying 2 women at the registry. Some refugees came here with 2-3 wives and the law recognised them with no issue at all.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2009
@earTHMama: « #8 on: Today at 05:21:19 PM »

In other words, you are an undercover polygamist?. One in NY, one in MD, another in Nigeria and the last somewhere in the west coast?. Allah sees all, I tell you. You can fool the govt by dispersing your wives but Allah knows your secret deals. One wonders why you don't live with at least one of them?. Is it to make way for occasional sidekicks from sex workers?

Sex workers? Whats that? You mean the dominatrixes? No, sisi. The way I will run from you, is the same way I will run from any woman who is not my wife. First, what I practice is pligeny. I am married to a former widow. I am also married to a woman who was never married before me. Some day I will marry a virgin, too. Reason no woman lives with me is that each has her full fledged livelihood. The one in business is succeessful. The one who works for an international organization is a leader of her unit. Should I stop either or both from her or their pursuit(s)? It does not happen that way, if you want a happy individual in your life.

And by the way, marriage is not always about sex, and domination/dominatrix! There are many reasons, more than one that a man can love more than one woman. For me I love tall women. But a short woman is fine, too with the right qualities. I love matured mind, irrespective of the age. I dont deal with naggs, or juvenile and immatured minds.

And if Islam does not permit it, I would never have done it. Someday, I will be living in 9ja proper. Until then, should I abandone my God giving rights and blessing, and my 9janess? Should I not remember asha ibile gon gon gon gon?

By the way all the women I will have relationship with from here on end shall be 9ja women. Their religion when they become mine shall be Islam, inshaAllah. And whoever is not a yoruba would at least love to learn and never get upset when she hears me say "Ololu femi!" lol.

Funmilayo, fee oko to mo bi won she ntoju iyawo. Marry a real boo who can step hard and make you realise that you are a woman. Marry my brother Jarus or abandone the boo who is timid to get you now.
Re: Polygamy by JJYOU: 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2009
trouble
Re: Polygamy by Theblessed(f): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2009
Well, if that's how you view relationships and the women in your life fancy it - good luck to you all!!
I have no right to condemn your religion and the rights it accorded you.  Most religions of this world believes in one God including Islam.  If God had been happy allowing men to marry more than one wife, why then did he say in his Bible and other Holy books even the Koran that we shall not serve any other god except him alone because he is a jealous God?  That we can not serve two masters at a time without loving one more than the other.  But brother tell me, who wants to be a second fiddle here?  Even you who is dishing this sh-t to these wives of yours (who seem to lack confidence in themselve by enjoying playing second fiddle) would not be happy being treated as second best. Why do it to these volnerable women? These women see marriage as be all and end all and therefore are prepared to stoop so low to embrace marriage at all cost - but who say so I do not blame them cos that's what our culture teaches us to believe in (Well, its a small world now and one can extricate ones-self from this bondage of believes and values).  May I ask, is it compulsory one (male or female) should marry No, it is not - it is only a choice.  If one likes they do, otherwise live your life.  Marriage seem compulsory in poverty stricken 3rd World where people especially females are put under immense pressure to marry any thing with a 'dick' without consideration for their welfare and welbeing.  Parents in these areas do not ask relevant questions about the welfare of their daughter when they get to the man's place.  With the urgency to marry them out they loose sight of important questions they should ask.  Thank God my own parents are totally different and I have a right to choose whether or not to marry.  I came into this world alone - I am not a twin and had no husband in my right hand when I entered this world therefore, do not need a man to be a woman.  If I like, I have my babies with any man I fancy - just like men have been doing for centuries so, women can do the same too.  Because, you fretter from one woman to another in the name of marriage - I am urging those wives of yours to do same - if only they are not are not in it already.  Is time to make you aware you can not eat your cake and have it.  You can not serve two masters satisfactorily at a time.  May I ask you this little question - Do you truely love these women equally?  I know what your answer would be but I'm not going into that however, everyone knows that when you are busy warming up the engine of wife number 1, wife number 2 might have physical needs that you can not fulfill at the same time therefore, when you sneak in with wife number 1, I will bring in a handsome hunk to do the job you fail to do and this is where the evil of polygamism begins for you and your household, buddy - get it  That's one for you to chew on.  Secondly, my handsome hunk obviously have other girl friends out side there - hope you're getting the picture of the evils of poly, are you  This hunk of mine might have been infected with HiV/Aids which had not manifested itself yet and now I have got it - please now tell me, being your wife number 2 whom you failed to fulfill her physical needs at the material time, where do you think my next Port of call will be  Answer my question?  You see, what goes round has come round trebble times for you - it means you can run but you can not hide.  Whilst we are on it, wife number 1 has also been infected and when you all die away with your sins, who will be looking after the innocent victims of these miserable saga of relationships (Hummm  - Fela Calcutta Republic is repeating itself under my own eyes here.lol!!! Oh my God, who know where these Fela women are now??  Sure, some other seedy guys have got them under their wings and probably have been infected with HiV/Aids, ulalah!! and the story goes on). Hope you got the message from this your well chanted polygamous behaviour.  You see, there are so many muslims in this world contented with one wife/husband and peaceful family life thus, avoid the complexities of these multiple-relationships. I did not say that this lousy behaviour can not be noted in a one man/woman relationship - of course it can but chances are a bit slimmer in this relationship than in a polygamous one - my darling.  Polygamism has created alot of evil in our society and should be erradicated completely.  Those who call themselves modern men with intelligence should turn their back on this evil and teach there young male/female the right way.  I am so glad today - in the 21st Century that Africa has finally challenged its way down to the 'White House' with Barack Obama wearing the Crown - a superb role model to every black man on this planet.  May God bless him and keep him through to his second term in office and forever, Amen! Hope, you all learn from him.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2009
I dont know how to respond to you, since you are all over the place. However, I think you will be a bad influence on married women. None should be your intimate friend, since you do not value marriage, at all. I think that you will wreck homes by giving bad advise to anyone who seek your counsel, in time of easy in marriage.

My dear sister, go and get married. Marriage is good for the heart. It settles down the hearts of those involved. By the way, I am concern about HIV/AIDS. My women are not boyfriend seeking, liason eager women. I don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2009
Sex workers? Whats that? You mean the dominatrixes? No, sisi. The way I will run from you, is the same way I will run from any woman who is not my wife. First, what I practice is pligeny. I am married to a former widow. I am also married to a woman who was never married before me. Some day I will marry a virgin, too. Reason no woman lives with me is that each has her full fledged livelihood. The one in business is succeessful. The one who works for an international organization is a leader of her unit. Should I stop either or both from her or their pursuit(s)? It does not happen that way, if you want a happy individual in your life.

Which one is Pligeny?. Creeping up on widows?. I knew there was something creepy about you.

And by the way, marriage is not always about sex, and domination/dominatrix! There are many reasons, more than one that a man can love more than one woman. For me I love tall women. But a short woman is fine, too with the right qualities. I love matured mind, irrespective of the age. I dont deal with naggs, or juvenile and immatured minds.

Give me three of those reasons please?.

And if Islam does not permit it, I would never have done it. Someday, I will be living in 9ja proper. Until then, should I abandone my God giving rights and blessing, and my 9janess? Should I not remember asha ibile gon gon gon gon?
God gave you right to disrespect your wife and marry many more? Which God is that?

By the way all the women I will have relationship with from here on end shall be 9ja women. Their religion when they become mine shall be Islam, inshaAllah. And whoever is not a yoruba would at least love to learn and never get upset when she hears me say "Ololu femi!" lol.

Funmilayo, fee oko to mo bi won she ntoju iyawo. Marry a real boo who can step hard and make you realise that you are a woman. Marry my brother Jarus or abandone the boo who is timid to get you now.

Jarus is a sweetheart. The only flaw he has is his religion. I may consider him as a suitor if he dumps Islam and embrace Christ as his personal lord and savior. wink wink
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 12:17am On Jan 20, 2009
@earTHMama: « #15 on: Today at 10:51:10 PM »

Which one is Pligeny?. Creeping up on widows?. I knew there was something creepy about you.

Pligeny is procreation through marriages. Aburo, use your macaroni. Somebody have to marry a widow. Just because a woman lost a spouse, is not the end of his/her marital possibility. A 50 year old fantastic woman could rival a person half her age. There is nothing creepy about marrying a widow. There is something creepy rejecting marriage for "animation[b]domination."[/b]

[Quote]
Give me three of those reasons please?.
[/quote]

If you will renounce you dominatrix lifestyle and enter Islam, I will give you four reasons. Thats in addition to being muslim women. Dig?
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 12:28am On Jan 20, 2009
And where do you come to the silly conclusion that a woman is disrespected just because she is a cowife? My mother is the last wife of my father (ra). She was never disrespected by my father. Not even once did he raise his voice to her. I wonder if you close your eyes around the many disrespects that men and women have for one another in USA.

How about Germantown, MD? Every man married to one wife respect that wife? What about the women who do not have respect for their husbands, even though they are the only wife on the respective spouse?

What about you, Aburo? Do you respect any of the "jellyfishes" who need you to spike them up? Mo nba e sere ni o, sisi.
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2009
Pligeny is procreation through marriages. Aburo, use your macaroni. Somebody have to marry a widow. Just because a woman lost a spouse, is not the end of his/her marital possibility. A 50 year old fantastic woman could rival a person half her age. There is nothing creepy about marrying a widow. There is something creepy rejecting marriage for "animationdominatio
Stop thinking that you are God's gift to widows. So you are spreading your seed everywhere without making adequate effort to raise them accordingly?. Are you one of these dead beat dads walking around America?. How can you father all these children you are manufacturing?. Be responsible for once abeg. These are no more the days of multiple children. Do not cause more problems for the living by making kids you cant take care of. I am sure that Islam is not against using condoms. Are they?

If you will renounce you dominatrix lifestyle and enter Islam, I will give you four reasons. Thats in addition to being muslim women. Dig?

Don't they have strong independent muslim women?. Mariama Ba was a dominatrix , duh.

And where do you come to the silly conclusion that a woman is disrespected just because she is a cowife? My mother is the last wife of my father (ra). She was never disrespected by my father. Not even once did he raise his voice to her. I wonder if you close your eyes around the many disrespects that men and women have for one another in USA.

Marrying a second woman is enough disrespect for your first wife. duh tongue tongue
Re: Polygamy by Lagosboy: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
But if every man just marries one woman who would marry all the surplus women. It is a known fact that there are more women than men and the rate of female birth is just amazing. I personally know about 11 friends that have had babies in the last 16 months and just one boy. As long as a woman is accepting to be a 2nd or 3rd wife so whats d fuss. After all many of these girls would date a married man anyway for whatever they want to benefit. I know quite a few successful women without husbands and are willing to be 2nd wives as long as they are not sharing the same roof with the other wife.

What would happen to lots of widows with kids that no single man is ready to marry. 98% of single never married men would not marry a divorcee or widow with kids. Even his family – mum especially would think he his crazy if he attempts it. However these women deserve to be looked after as well and polygamy is an option for them.
Re: Polygamy by Hauwa1: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2009
education and the economy is changing things. where is the money to bring up the children.
Re: Polygamy by Lagosboy: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
Some people have the money to. Polygamy doesnt neccessarily mean you would have battalions of kids. A man with two wives can have 2 from both wives which equals 4 children so whats the fuss.

The man should be able to afford polygamy though or at least the wives should be financially ok because the economic strain could collapse the marriage. When all parties are very economically needy pls dont do it.
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
@earTHMama: « #18 on: Today at 06:37:26 AM »

Stop thinking that you are God's gift to widows. So you are spreading your seed everywhere without making adequate effort to raise them accordingly?. Are you one of these dead beat dads walking around America?. How can you father all these children you are manufacturing?. Be responsible for once abeg. These are no more the days of multiple children. Do not cause more problems for the living by making kids you cant take care of. I am sure that Islam is not against using condoms. Are they?

Funmilayo; dont be ridiculous. Olayiwola and Oladunwo are grown. And they are not suffering. Who told you that it is sinful to have children? I have only fathered two in my entire life. Go make a baby. At least one, after you get married. I dont wanna hear a word from your mouth about marital life. She o ti gbo? lol.

[Quote]
Don't they have strong independent muslim women?. Mariama Ba was a dominatrix , duh.
[/quote]

Who is mariama ba? Duh. And dominatrix is not strength, okay. If it were, then my 6 ft tall bride would have been. Duuh!

[Quote]
Marrying a second woman is enough disrespect for your first wife. duh
[/quote]

No, it doesn't mean that. Duuh! What is disrespecting a woman is loving her, without marrying her. Duuh. Are you married? Is somebody loving you? That person is disrespecting you. Duuh.

Aburo, let only your oko love e. Anything other than that is disrespecting you while loving you. Duuh.
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Hauwa; « #20 on: Today at 12:56:27 PM »

education and the economy is changing things. where is the money to bring up the children.

Education has nothing to do with anything. Economy, maybe. In either case Allah is in control. He says that do you kill your children because you fear poverty/ ability to care for them? He Allah is the One who cares for everyone.

In my case, I come from a father who raised successful children; about 40 of us.

And I am certain that I will be able to care for all my children. InshaAllah. I am a very careful man. For my age, having just two children is not too much. And hoping for many more is not an unattainable dream. If I hav more than my father, I will by Allah's help be able to give them the best of lives.
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
Finally; I have many noble individuals as my role models; Prophets Ibrahim, Ismail, Isiaq, Yaqub, Daud, Sulayman, Muhammad (AS jam'ia).

Who are your role models women? How do you known what love is when you are never married? If you choose Jesus as your role model in marriage, then don't marry and don't have sex. Funmi, this is directed to you personally. Aburo, neither Jesus nor his mother marry condone dominatrix or animationdonination. lol.
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
olabowale:

Finally; I have many noble individuals as my role models; Prophets Ibrahim, Ismail, Isiaq, Yaqub, Daud, Sulayman, Muhammad (AS jam'ia).

Who are your role models women? How do you known what love is when you are never married? If you choose Jesus as your role model in marriage, then don't marry and don't have sex. Funmi, this is directed to you personally. Aburo, neither Jesus nor his mother marry condone dominatrix or animationdonination. lol.

All copied from the bible.
Answer a simple question - without looking at the bible, with only the quran in your hands - kindly provide us the names of just 2 of David's wife.
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
David, none of his wives was that important to the history of "Prophet" King David. Now Bilquis, the queen of sheeba is in the Qur'an. This is the time of "prophet" King Sulayman. Read chapter known as Ant.

David, we are not talking about wife names here. If we are then form Adam, it is Hawa, for Ibrahim, they are sarah and Hajah, for Muhammad they are Khadijatul Kubra, Hafsah, Aisha, and others.
Re: Polygamy by AloyEmeka9: 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2009
Tpia just married Jarus and they will soon be living unhappily ever after. I think it's time we beg David Dylan to help join Olabowale and earthmam together in matrimony because we are so sure they will be living happily ever after. There will be severe domination and serious attempts to subdue and emasculate Olabowale in the union but Allah will see him through. This new wedding will be a triumph of hope over FEAR. YES THEY CAN! grin
Re: Polygamy by olanajim(m): 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2009
@Polygamy is good in certain circumstances. So what is wrong with that?
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2009
olabowale:

David, none of his wives was that important to the history of "Prophet" King David. Now Bilquis, the queen of sheeba is in the Qur'an. This is the time of "prophet" King Sulayman. Read chapter known as Ant.

David, we are not talking about wife names here. If we are then form Adam, it is Hawa, for Ibrahim, they are sarah and Hajah, for Muhammad they are Khadijatul Kubra, Hafsah, Aisha, and others.

Thou decietful hypocrite . . . i asked for the name of the wives of David (whom you claimed as your model) and you said they were not important? Because the quran does not have them? Then why does it have that for adam, abraham, queen of sheba if they were not important?
Re: Polygamy by Jarus(m): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2009
Jarus plans to marry two wives, insha Allah! cheesy
Re: Polygamy by AloyEmeka9: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2009
Jarus plans to marry two wives, insha Allah!
Tpia as second and Karmamod as first?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Riba (Usury) Forbidden In Islam? / A Mirror To Your Life...................? / Al-istikhaarah Simplified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.