Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

On Ftp Upload - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / On Ftp Upload (850 Views)

How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost / How Do I locate My Smf Boardindex.template.php File Via Ftp / What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Ftp Upload by pipmaster(m): 8:33am On Jan 19, 2009
I'm trying to upload my website to my server at Netfirms using Filezilla.
I get a timed out error message.
I am using a modem with an MTN sim.
Maximum speed of modem is 115.2kbps.

I want to know the possible cause of the problem.
Is it the connection?
Or there is a setting I am not getting right?

I have followed the instructional manual provided by my server and I am still not getting through!!!
Thanks very much
Re: On Ftp Upload by OmniPotens(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2009
Sometimes I get that same error. Try out smart ftp and if it continues, connect your webhost to find if there is anything wrong. I remember when I had to try uploading for two days until I contacted my webhost, only to find out that they were doing some backup which was causing some issues for hosted sites.

Happy New Week!
Re: On Ftp Upload by pipmaster(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2009
OmniPotens:

Sometimes I get that same error. Try out smart ftp and if it continues, connect your webhost to find if there is anything wrong. I remember when I had to try uploading for two days until I contacted my webhost, only to find out that they were doing some backup which was causing some issues for hosted sites.

Happy New Week!
Thanks Omnipotens. I will try your suggestions
Re: On Ftp Upload by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2009
If that doesnt work - u can try coreftp or cuteftp - find the free one on google - i should not be talkin about crackin softwares here - anyway u can alwayz buy the key

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways To Accumulate Free And Easy Website Traffic / How To Make A Facebook Page And Use It For Marketing Your Online Business / Strictly For D Geeks Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.