Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? (3845 Views)

Minimum Educational Qualification For A Spouse / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Is This What Loyalty In Relationship Truly Is? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by mondob2k(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
This dude is all set for settling down. The girl he is with presently doesnt want to settle down with him. Hence my guy has to move on.

He admires Sis Kate in his Church. Had a chat with her and discovers that she has just O level. she cld have furthered her education but her parents couldnt afford to sponsor her. she is presently learning a trade. She speaks good English. This bro has a Masters degree and is planning for a PhD.

Now the question is: will it be advisable for this young man to go into a relationship wit this lady he admires considering the huge gap btw them educationally? Does education really matter in things of the heart?

Thanks as I await your views.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by gud4dbest(m): 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Note:'Qualification' does not matter.The question dat shud disturb u shud b is her mind educated?does she have d capacity to explore?...and she has dis trait:gud diction,gud!

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by falconey(m): 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
yeah it does........ We are in modern age.

2 Likes

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Rapmoney(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
mondob2k:
This dude is all set for settling down. The girl he is with presently doesnt want to settle down with him. Hence my guy has to move on.

He admires Sis Kate in his Church. Had a chat with her and discovers that she has just O level. she cld have furthered her education but her parents couldnt afford to sponsor her. she is presently learning a trade. She speaks good English. This bro has a Masters degree and is planning for a PhD.

Now the question is: will it be advisable for this young man to go into a relationship wit this lady he admires considering the huge gap btw them educationally? Does education really matter in things of the heart?

Thanks as I await your views.
Don't let anyone deceive you that it is 'love' that matters! There are certain ingredients that sustain love. If he tries that, he might just be committing a marital suicide!!! Educational qualification matters...some day, it would come to play in their marriage if they eventually do get married!
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
@mondob2k

I guess it all depends on what he is looking for in a girl.

Some guys might look for a girl who is beautiful, has high educational qualification and can cook etc etc.

But for some guys if you can cook, you're good to go.

But it seems your friend is interested in someone who has a high educational qualification like a bachelors degree.

Well I will advice him to focus on the girls intelligence because she might just have only her O level but she is almost as intelligent as someone who is currently getting a bachelors degree. ( I hope u understand what I'm trying to say)

Besides, sometimes we have the so-called graduates who are not as good as JSS 3 students.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
_
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by mondob2k(m): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rapmoney:
Don't let anyone deceive you that it is 'love' that matters! There are certain ingredients that sustain love. If he tries that, he might just be committing a marital suicide!!! Educational qualification matters...some day, it would come to play in their marriage if they eventually do get married!

Thanks man. U av a point

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by mondob2k(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
ShoryuKen:
…typing.

lemme know when u r thru
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by justmag(m): 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
I didn't kno there was an educational requirement to be in love. If there is explain the first lady and the president. Because she is as dumb as they come. What a question!! angry
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by justmag(m): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
I have seen people with PhD act like a complete tool...So don't get it twisted!
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
No it doesn't, but intelligence does.

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by tosyne2much(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Personally, I think it has to do with individual's discretion since there's no law stating that one should use a lady's education status as a yardstick for choosing

However, education is vital but a woman doesn't necessarily need to have a/an Bsc/HND to build a good home and vice versa, so the choice is yours
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by zico18(m): 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
I thought they said love conquers all. . .so I don't think education really matters

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by mondob2k(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
justmag:
I didn't kno there was an educational requirement to be in love. If there is explain the first lady and the president. Because she is as dumb as they come. What a question!! angry

There is no educational requirement to be in love. but there has to be some attraction b4 love can come in.

I bet u dont know wat GEJ is going thru. Only diff is as I said she speaks good English
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
Once she can read, write, speak confidently in public, that should be fine.

A lot of women with different grade of academic degrees still ends up as housewives anyways.

If one can have degrees and be a housewife without ever applying for job or practice their respective professions, then a woman who is at least an SSCE holder, can read, write and engage in a public discussion intelligently that should be fine, too.

There are some who have bagged different degrees but one dazzled when they speak.

2 Likes

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by mentorandfriend(m): 12:02am On Mar 22, 2015
As much as many people will say that it does not matter, it really does. Reason is that I love to be with cerebral people. When we reason at the same frequency, we will have no friction. Our discussion must be deep and challenging, and productive. Something as important as a life time commitment is not something to jump into because you're madly in love with her. Godly virtues and cullinery skills are wonderful, but I'm looking beyond these two in marriage. By the way, there is nothing as love without knowledge (becoming wiser by knowings and maturity). Love grows with knowledge, not with "It doesnt matter." This attitude of "It doesnt matter" is the reason for so much stress and uneasiness in our homes today; example is where the Barrister comes back from work and eats and goes straight to bed, feigning tiredness. Meanwhile, he has been alert and conscious with highly cerebral minds outside before coming home to his O'level holder wife who understands nothing about global trends but rather prefers to talk only about what the kids had for lunch, about the mother in law, and about the neighbours across the estate.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 22, 2015
So no be only yansh u dey look for, you dey also cheque Cv
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 22, 2015
That's not something we can 'decide' for your friend. The importance of certain qualities will vary from person to person. What does he want/need?

I personally think it's of great importance/value, but that's just me.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by ivyT(f): 12:26am On Mar 22, 2015
ronald4lif:
Once she can read, write, speak confidently in public, that should be fine.

A lot of women with different grade of academic degrees still ends up as housewives anyways.

If one can have degrees and be a housewife without ever applying for job or practice their respective professions, then a woman who is at least an SSCE holder, can read, write and engage in a public discussion intelligently that should be fine, too.

There are some who have bagged different degrees but one dazzled when they speak.

I wonder o
Confam yarn
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2015
1. The guy in question wants to do a PHD so he is educationally inclined...
2. Is the babe in question ready and willing to develop herself educationally? If yes they can work things out..
Otherwise they might have issues because I can bet the guy might not be able to discuss a lot of personal issues with her...
Spouses should complement each other, I can imagine the guy wanting to make a call to his wife to download some online articles and help him make a fast summary before he returns from work...... Oh she cannot ... Or wanting to discuss his PHD work with her... Little things like this might just gradually be a turn off..
If he cant take the heat he should get out of the kitchen...
Whatever floats your boat.. The guy has thought about it and knew he could not.. So who can should go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by sinizia: 11:30am On Mar 22, 2015
To some, it matters; to some, it doesn't. Different strokes for different peeps.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
Am also in the same boat. Planning for my Ph. D., in love with an OND holder. This girl is beautiful and all I want in a woman, very teachable. So to me thats all that matters. Together we can grow and she can even become a Professor in the future. I have seen people who married O level holder and God open doors of favour for them. So Op I will advise your friend to take it to God. He might leave that girl now and the next time he sees her, her level might be way higher than his. Education doesn't define our destiny but wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
intbizoil:
Am also in the same boat. Planning for my Ph. D., in love with an OND holder. This girl is beautiful and all I want in a woman, very teachable. So to me thats all that matters. Together we can grow and she can even become a Professor in the future. I have seen people who married O level holder and God open doors of favour for them. So Op I will advise your friend to take it to God. He might leave that girl now and the next time he sees her, her level might be way higher than his. Education doesn't define our destiny but wisdom.

She is an OND holder, all you want in a woman.. And she is very teachable....
I think your own is a very easy one.. and thank God you know the importance of being teachable..

1 Like

Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yes and No. Something to be said about having someone who is on same 'intellectual' plain.

I do not want to marry a doctor, unless we can find a way to avoid talking 'medical' jargon at home.

That is very hard to do with most professionals. Perhaps its good to have someone who can listen and contribute reasonably 'intelligently', but do not necessarily need to know or understand your trade.

A thinking faculty is good; good for discussions, but they do not have to be 'professional' or in the same 'field' as you to engage....is pretty much what I'm saying.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by yemmit90: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nigerians are too obsessed with obsolete European education teaching them in their non-equiped institutions.

If you guys see the way some so called educated people reason(even professors), you will know it's not solely by certificate.
Re: Does Educational Qualification Matters In Relationship? by tosyne2much(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
yemmit90:
Nigerians are too obsessed with obsolete European education teaching them in their non-equiped institutions.

If you guys see the way some so called educated people reason(even professors), you will know it's not solely by certificate.

I like this sentence cheesy

(1) (Reply)

When A Whiteman Falls In Love With A Blackwoman (PHOTO) / Help!!!! / Hey Everyone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.