Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? (48312 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Mykcool(m): 1:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Mykcool:
Am having issues with my Touch ID on my iPhone 5s
It refuses to register any fingerprint. Anyone with a solution??

Tumababa
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Mykcool:

Tumababa

You got an iphone that the screen was replaced and touch id mixed up. Only d touch id from d faulty screen will work with d fone. No solution.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by odogbolus: 5:55am On Apr 24, 2015
VERY CLEAN 2 WEEKS IPHONE 5 FOR SALE 08162053138

1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by kazzonline: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2015
odogbolus:
VERY CLEAN 2 WEEKS IPHONE 5 FOR SALE 08162053138

Buyers beware oo this odogbolus is the same as @maria4u he opened a new account today and he wants to sell an iphone, why didnt he use his former accoint and username @maria4u either he has intentions to scam or the iphone is a clone which after selling he wud deleted this new account, op explain your self or mods shld pls ban him.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
I am at a crossroad as to what phone to buy. Samsumg Note 3 or Iphone 5s. Some people here mentioned that the Iphone is the best phone in the world but the last time i checked that title belonged the the LG G4. (an android device)
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by willian10: 1:20am On Aug 07, 2015
I fit buy iPhone sha o , just for selfie n show off cheesy because as pple dey talk about iPhone nau MTN sef fit increase iPhone call rate to 1naira per second grin
I like my Android because i no need iTunes, when Spotify dey, i no fit collect Spotify for iPhone in naija na!
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Lol, williams mr spotify, guy na wa for u o, abeg no discourage me o, all of us like android but i need to know which is better
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by idris4r83(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2015
3rdlegxxx:
I am at a crossroad as to what phone to buy. Samsumg Note 3 or Iphone 5s. Some people here mentioned that the Iphone is the best phone in the world but the last time i checked that title belonged the the LG G4. (an android device)
With iPhone 5s money u can get iphone 5 n a small android phone. Enjoy the best of both worlds bro.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by maxddude(m): 6:44am On Aug 08, 2015
3rdlegxxx:

The LG G4 is a beast of a phone. I wonder how a smartphone can posses so many features. If you carry this phone in public, it comands respect & attract eyes, Even ladies cheesy cheesy

You can get the original LG G4 here for cheap >> www.nairaland.com/2474834/brand-new-lg-g4-sale
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by babafunny(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2015
Iphone 6S revamped is expected to top sale in the mobile phone market. With the great features iPhone 6S brings to the table, for more follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/iphone-6s-apple-unveils-gadgets/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by babafunny(m): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
Apple Inc. recently released its latest OS tagged OS x El Capitan version 10.11 which succeeded OS X Yosemite. El Capitan became the twelfth among the major... for more details, follow the linl below
http://www.techvaid.com/features-os-el-capitan-version-1011/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Teknomatiks: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2015
3rdlegxxx:
Well, before you make your decision, I think you should check out my post on all you need to know about iPhone.

Just click on the link on my signature or go to w w wdot teknomatiks dot com. You'll find everything there.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by southcent: 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
my opinion is all devices are unique in their own way and soon after they all fade off their uniqueness,even the 3310 that use to be the lord of the ring is now found in the museum as a friendly history reminder..but all I can say is iPhone is meant for WiFi that's why it consumes more data here in naija but looking at the functions,hmmm iPhone na don oooo,abegg na who no get money for automatic vehicle dey say no be push and start...lol #team_iphone
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by babafunny(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
Backup iPhone Contacts; How to Backup or sync your iPhone, to iTunes , gmail, or icloud contact.you can restore your data anytime any day with great ease .. for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/how-to-backup-iphone-contacts-to-gmail-icloud-and-itunes/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by lebete3000: 3:27am On Apr 23, 2016
threadstone:
@ Gerrard59
The major flaw youll get using an iphone is that many people with low self esteem emanating from their devices (tecno jiayu infinix and a host of other android devices) will always tell you u made a mistake, its a crappy phone etc. majority of those saying shit about the phone have not used one and the few who have don't totally know the in-depth usage of it..
Another is most of them jumped straight to android up from java phones and bb os 4-7 thats why android is their all in all..

One person was even mentioing changing imei.. Go and try that with regular android oems and not ur chinese knockoffs

Which smartphone doesn't require data to run?
A simple jailbreak will clear out all limitations placed on it..

Airblue sharing allows bluetooth transfer
Bridge allows downloaded music straight to iTunes without pc connections
Barrel gives home screen custom animations
Appcake allows you to download paid apps free. Swipe selection, c.c settings, Winterboard weatherbord etc
You can download anything by default with idownloader.

Once u root an android u lose warranty, whats keeping you from jailbreaking.

On the final end, stick to a device that will guarantee you lag free software with updates running three years minimum. Iphone 4s released in 2011 is currently running 2015 ios 8.2 while samsung s5 is still queing for android lollipop.

#Team ios 8.1.2 4.7'
Jailbroken

Hey bro let's relate...just got an air2 and getting initiated gradually after 3 different Samsungs.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by barclays22(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
redvektor:
boss what app do u use in sharing and receving music and video?

Tubidy
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by bcardastro: 9:15pm On May 12, 2016
lol,peeps just dey kill themselves for phone wey 5years from now e go be crap!!! hmmm ppl get time sha
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by joeyreports: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
Uber app works perfectly well on any iOS, from iPhone 3, iphone 4 to iphone 6, download the app for easy navigation of the city center........ http://www.techpent.com/uber-iphone-download-uber-iphone-app-drivers/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Eggheaded(m): 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
I prefer Iphone to android because
1. There are educational apps that you can't find anywhere e.g. Encyclopædia Britannica (complete all in one)
2. It is battery efficient
3. Background running apps consume less data
4. Built-in ability to select which app can access to internet when data is on
5. Camera (2mp of Iphone is better than Android 13mp )
6. Classy
7. Pride (you are pressume RICH if you OWN and KEEPS YOU DATA ALWAYS ON )
8. RARE
9. No Bloatware
10. No annoying ads
11. Easy to use
12. Best apps first
13. Better Hardware and Software Integration (play temple run on droid & Iphone and compare )

Having used 10 android phones, I still love Android and the
community around it. I still recommend Android phones to friends and family when I think it fits
them best. Having an iPhone doesn’t change that
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by henry007(m): 3:44am On Jul 19, 2016
See how u just want to buy wahala!I was using an iphone 5 I got as a gift which I had to sell!I laugh at you in greek if after all I wil say,you still decide to get the 5s!.I'll start with the pros-1.it is a small cute phone.I love the design and size.
2.It is an overhyped and annoyingly overpriced phone which makes it command respect.You can't see jst anyone using it.when u are out and people will be like 'wow,you use an iphone?' And u say 'yep'( with u smiling internally),that's as good as it gets!
Cons-[b]
1.You can't use bluetooth.you hear a nice song playing or u intend getting a picture.brother,you can't use bluetooth o!except its a transfer from iphone to iphone.now how many people wwud own an iphone where u work or sch?
2.You can't download songs,videos,pdf files...in fact anything from d internet.yes..so if u love free music don't bother!I remember I had to buy ed sheeran's bloodstream and thinking out loud songs from itunes for like 400 naira after d naira got devalued.the frustration I felt that day eh!
3.when u buy it,u can't just add your favourite songs o..u need the itunes app on ur pc to sync the songs into ur phone..if u r foolish enough to give it to slot guys to add songs for u,that's ur doom.The day u get your own itunes app on ur pc,all the previous songs and videos not synced with ur apple I'd will be wiped!
4.The appstore is the crappiest av seen after that of windows os..for files over 100mb,you wud need wifi or no download!you must upgrade to the latest ios 8 or you can't download some apps!once you are on ios 8,you can't downgrade it or jailbreak ur iphone!you see?
5.Many of the fun stuffs on it are better enjoyed in u.s eg hv u seen someone using imessage in nigeria?nada!
There are many more cons in buying an iphone..bt let me stop here!now the decision is yours to make.[/b]
You can do all of these things when you jailbreak(root) your iphone. Meanwhile i wouldn't exactly say that the 5s commands respect in 2016, especially when it would have 3 successors by september.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by syphs(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2016
Major con

1.Nigerian police searches you and sees and iPhone my brother automatically you're a yahoo boy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by nzubeokafor: 6:52am On Jul 19, 2016
J
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by mosjames: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2016
syphs:
Major con

1.Nigerian police searches you and sees and iPhone my brother automatically you're a yahoo boy
Even if you dress well, they'll say you're a yahoo boy.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by joeybankz: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2016
So many advice on iPhone, please does Tinder app work on iPhone? http://www.techpent.com/tinder-iphone-download-free-tinder-4-6-1-ios-software/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by iambakay(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2017
Greatest of the greatest engineer i call on you to help my poor iphone 5c , this the first time my iphone screen will get faulty but the high cost of repair self eenh .the phone fell down and immediately i powered the phone ,i was happy because i didn't see a single crack the screen was still okay but you wont believe it was not longer sensitive to touch .please i guess it is the touch pad .but i heard the touch pad and the screen are sold together
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Mofetemi(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
I am T.A, a JUMIA CONSULTANT. I assist people to make orders on Jumia-nigeria mall, www., without glitch for brand new items ranging: ALL ELECTRONICS- Smart Tvs, Led, Home theatres with Tv screen,stabilizers, and so on, ALL SHOES- MaleS, Kids and Female sneakers, trainers, formal, loafers, and so on, ALL CLOTHING-Males, Kids and Females shirts,polos, gowns,tops,shirts,boxers,pyjamas, and so on, ALL PHONES AND TABLETS- Different OS sizes, rams,roms, and so on, ALL HEALTH AND BEAUTY- Colognes,roll on,deodourants,make ups,and so on, ALL COMPUTING- Different Laptops,sizes,Rams,Processors, ALL HOME AND OFFICE GADGETS- hard nuts breakers blenders,warmers,microwaves, washing machines,irons,last longing standing rechargeable fans, generators, and so on, BABIES NECESSITIES- Diapers,toys, gadgets,floaters,seaters, walkers and so on, ALL BOOKS- From best sellers, CARs/SUVs/TRUCKs ACCESSORIES- Giant Tyres Inflator with light, Bluetooth car player with screen, and so on, AND ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN EVER THINK OF. I search them out for you!

SIX (6) Reasons Why You Should Place Your Orders Through Me:

1. YOU WILL ALWAYS RECEIVE DISCOINTS WHENEVER I PLACE ORDER FOR YOU WHETHER PROMO / DISCOUNT IS ON OR NOT! Sounds good!

2. You will receive your ordered item in any chosen address of yours within the country! Fast and reliable!

3. WHERE YOU RECEIVED AN ITEM THAT YOU ARE NOT SASTIFIED WITH, NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY AND THE ITEM SHALL BE RETREIVED FROM YOU WITHIN 7DAYS FROM DATE OF DELIVERY AND YOU SHALL BE REFUNDED YOUR FULL CASH POST 7DAYS OF RETRIEVER OF THE UNSATISFIED ITEM FROM YOU! So Simple!

4. I AM 24/7 AVAILABLE FOR ENQUIRIES AND GUIDELINES

5. With T.A, your ITEM and MONEY are continually safe!

6. YOU WILL LIVE TO RECOMMEND T.A ALWAYS!

OFFICE ADDRESS 1:
Marcia Pharmacy, Shop 21,22 & 29 Bukries Mall,
Omoleye Bus Stop, Ogijo, Ogun State.

OFFICE ADDRESS 2:
18, Nuga Lane,
Behind Satina Hotel,
Ijebu Ode,Ogun State.

FOR ENQUIRIES:
Whatsapp / Call: 08055793741,
Mail: mofemine@gmail.com
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by Chydobe: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
Unless you wish to go with the popular apps the whole world is using, the likes of: Facebook, Snapchat etc. Apple app store is definitely where you can find the best apps on iPhone.

Fishing out best apps on iPhone, in the midst of other best iPhone apps could be a very herculean task, but, not to worry, this article has reduced the task for you.

Click the link below to peruse through the 7 must have iPhone apps in this article and select the best iPhone apps you should download, (that's if you already don't have them downloaded to your device).

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/07/01/7-must-have-iphone-apps-best-iphone-apps-you-should-download-now/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? by wyzoe: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
See how u just want to buy wahala!I was using an iphone 5 I got as a gift which I had to sell!I laugh at you in greek if after all I wil say,you still decide to get the 5s!.I'll start with the pros-1.it is a small cute phone.I love the design and size.
2.It is an overhyped and annoyingly overpriced phone which makes it command respect.You can't see jst anyone using it.when u are out and people will be like 'wow,you use an iphone?' And u say 'yep'( with u smiling internally),that's as good as it gets!
Cons-
1.You can't use bluetooth.you hear a nice song playing or u intend getting a picture.brother,you can't use bluetooth o!except its a transfer from iphone to iphone.now how many people wwud own an iphone where u work or sch?
2.You can't download songs,videos,pdf files...in fact anything from d internet.yes..so if u love free music don't bother!I remember I had to buy ed sheeran's bloodstream and thinking out loud songs from itunes for like 400 naira after d naira got devalued.the frustration I felt that day eh!
3.when u buy it,u can't just add your favourite songs o..u need the itunes app on ur pc to sync the songs into ur phone..if u r foolish enough to give it to slot guys to add songs for u,that's ur doom.The day u get your own itunes app on ur pc,all the previous songs and videos not synced with ur apple I'd will be wiped!
4.The appstore is the crappiest av seen after that of windows os..for files over 100mb,you wud need wifi or no download!you must upgrade to the latest ios 8 or you can't download some apps!once you are on ios 8,you can't downgrade it or jailbreak ur iphone!you see?
5.Many of the fun stuffs on it are better enjoyed in u.s eg hv u seen someone using imessage in nigeria?nada!
There are many more cons in buying an iphone..bt let me stop here!now the decision is yours to make.

Man, you killed it. This is 2019 so what I say may come off as ignorant, but here goes.

I got an iPad 4 from an auction. It was OS8, 12gb storage.
Now, I've set up iPads before, played games on them before but I've never owned one. I've used symbian phones (smart nokias) and my first Android was a techno N3 (which I eventually gave my brother and is still bloody working to this day).

Anyway, owning the iPad 4, I tried to tinker with it the way I am used to with my other operating systems. I found the app store to be really clumsy (and I remind you, I've set these things up for other people).
It seemed to me that Apple has a philosophy to force users to upgrade. I say this because many of the apps I wanted were not compatible with the OS. On an Android system, backwards compatibility is quite reliable. You hardly worry about your phone literally becoming outdated.

I don't know how things are different in 2019, but I know I will never voluntarily get an apple product. It's a fine device as a status symbol, but it's not practical for a power user.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airtel Has Launched Internet Plans For Android Users / How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / Is Mark Zuckerberg Promoting Secret Affairs With This New Features On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.