Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN (48296 Views)

7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami / NIN Status Checker: SIM To NIN Link Checker (New Method) / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by DystopianMuse(f): 10:14am On Feb 07
Security Information!

"Please use *996# to view numbers that may be linked to your NIN. Follow the prompt using option 4, & option 2 respectively. If you discover any number linked to your NIN that is not yours, de-link such number immediately or call your network provider and report. You may also check your NIN status using option 4, & option 1 respectively.

Unscrupulous NIN staff members are selling sim cards linked to people's NIN. Don't suffer for what you do not know.

I was at the MTN Maitama office yesterday and heard a lot of surprising information. I met a very top security personnel friend of mine who told me how innocent people are being roped in lately because these criminals linked those dubious sims to innocent people's NIN.

Please act fast and do the needful because ignorance is not an excuse under the law."

~ Concerned Citizens
Airlifted from Tosin Adeoti (FB)
- - -

86 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Cassandraloius: 10:18am On Feb 07
Thank you so much for this. God bless you.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by MosakuAW(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07
At what benefit has NIN and BVN to ordinary citizens been?

The major reason for NIN is to culp terrorism and banditry and the the major reason for BVN is to stop corruption. NIN and BVN has done more harm than good. No bandit or corrupted politicians have been arrested and charge through the use of BVN or NIN. This is just waste of money, time and resources.

It's well Nigeria.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07
embarassed
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:30pm On Feb 07
Thank you for sharing

God bless Nigeria

God bless us all

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by geoworldedu: 5:30pm On Feb 07
Of what benefit is this Nonsense Idiotic Number sef? Kidnapping, hired-killing, rigging, vote-buying, banditry, ritualism, poverty, inflation and tribalism has risen to the highest level ever, which of it did this NIN prevent?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by odave: 5:31pm On Feb 07
Informative thanks.

Until we have a viable database all these nonsense might continue. Imagine linking terrorists to your number and I trust naija police you don buy market be that. You go explain tire

I believe NIN owners should be alerted whenever any number is being added. It's not a rocket science... Too many loopholes chai

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Kaybaba5(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07
Till now I don't know the purpose of this NIN of a thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by money121(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07
Ok
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Correspondence(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07
Good
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Tejumola856: 5:31pm On Feb 07
I collected the SIM card I’m currently using from a friend back in 2019, so I wasn’t the one that did the registration. Can I still link my NIN to it?
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by SaLongs1(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07
Good of you.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by femi4: 5:31pm On Feb 07
geoworldedu:
Of what benefit is this NIN sef?
identity

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by ugodson(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07
W
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by ikeno(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07
Very informative

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by inoki247: 5:32pm On Feb 07
Ok
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Drdhrey: 5:33pm On Feb 07
This is very apt and informative, would check out the said codes, my brother NIN was said to have reached it's limit, when he wanted to link it with a particular network provider, the same NIN that has only be used once on the said network provider, I was so curious when the attendant told us, it had been linked to Five numbers, we were been instructed to visit the network provider Office so as to help out delisting the said appendages....

Data scientists really need to saturate Nigeria Data space, a lot house cleaning need to be carried out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by thesolutions(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07
DystopianMuse:
Security Information!

"Please use *996# to view numbers that may be linked to your NIN. Follow the prompt using option 4, & option 2 respectively. If you discover any number linked to your NIN that is not yours, de-link such number immediately or call your network provider and report. You may also check your NIN status using option 4, & option 1 respectively.

Unscrupulous NIN staff members are selling sim cards linked to people's NIN. Don't suffer for what you do not know.

I was at the MTN Maitama office yesterday and heard a lot of surprising information. I met a very top security personnel friend of mine who told me how innocent people are being roped in lately because these criminals linked those dubious sims to innocent people's NIN.

Please act fast and do the needful because ignorance is not an excuse under the law."

~ Concerned Citizens
Airlifted from Tosin Adeoti (FB)
- - -
You know this is not true. For you to link any sim to a NIN, the name on the registered sim must match with the name on NIN. Also, your face ID is also matched with that on your NIN. So for anyone to take possession of such sim that is pre registered such must successfully modify the name on the pre-registered sim.

The only way some one can have a sim registered to another person and linked to someone's NIN is if the real owner misplaced it and chose not to look for it, or gave it out or if the sim reg attendant did dual sim registration on your behalve without your consent and kept one for fraud.

This is why you need to go to MTN care to link your NIN for MTN users.

Anyways, it doesn't hurt to check the numbers linked to your NIN.

3 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by geoworldedu: 5:35pm On Feb 07
femi4:
identity
How can't it still stop kidnapping and police extortion and also public money embezzlement?

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by aieromon(m): 5:36pm On Feb 07
You can also download the NIMC mobile app to view your linked numbers.

3 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by femi4: 5:36pm On Feb 07
geoworldedu:

How can't it still stop kidnapping and police extortion and also public money embezzlement?
It is not regulated. Some people have multiple NIN
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Nemesis0147(m): 5:37pm On Feb 07
It doesn’t work…
They will just keep deducting money from you account balance with nothing to show for it .

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Stephench: 5:37pm On Feb 07
They know the criminals. Fulani terrorists are not hiding their faces. They post videos all over the internet. Their communities know them and report them to the security operatives. Who are they trying to deceive with this whole NIN linkage bullshit?

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by MakeWeTalk: 5:37pm On Feb 07
BVN, NIN and yet terrorism is still rife
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by wethebest(m): 5:37pm On Feb 07
Tnx

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by geoworldedu: 5:37pm On Feb 07
femi4:
It is not regulated. Some people have multiple NIN
How?
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Sonnobax15(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07
lipsrsealed
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by Racoon(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07
Good!
Re: How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN by sylve11: 5:38pm On Feb 07
I can't find my Airtel number that was successfully linked to my NIN. All efforts to re-link it has proved abortive. sad cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Has Launched Internet Plans For Android Users / Is Mark Zuckerberg Promoting Secret Affairs With This New Features On Whatsapp / Olla V9 Pro Unboxing & Review - N32,000 Budget Phone With A Punch-hole (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.