Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town (50428 Views)

Husband And Wife Arrested And Arraigned For $8Million Scam In Lagos / 3 Nigerian Students Busted For Running Online 'love Scam' In Malaysia (pic) / Two Nigerians Arrested In Fake Currency Scam In The UAE (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 23, 2015
@ mozie..u Bleep up...hw can u allow dis kind of wack guy to dupe u.....chaiiiiii...abi did he touch d sensitive spot b4 he duped u...coughs!!!!
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by delishpot: 1:52am On Mar 23, 2015
Hiaaaaannnn!
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by rafcrown(m): 1:56am On Mar 23, 2015
IBO GUYS AT WORK.THATS THEIR TRICK.SHINE YOUR EYES WELL,WELL.
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by tomiobj(m): 5:35am On Mar 23, 2015
wree91:
A lady friend of mine just narrated to me what happened to her

She was in the waiting room of an office where she went to conduct some business when this guy walked up to her saying that she looked familiar and he believed that they were in camp together.

Being a long time my friend couldn't really remember but they exchanged numbers and started talking. He told her he lives in Akure, is widowed and has a daughter.

Within a week he introduced her to a lady over the phone claiming to be his mother, saying she lives and works in Asaba. They got talking, with the woman calling her several times a week while the guy was subtly hinting towards a relationship and marriage even though they had only met once and everything has been over the phone.

He now called my friend that he is travelling to the UK for a few days and will come to visit her in Abuja when he returns.

Some days after his departure his mother called my friend in a state of panic that his daughter had a fall in the bathroom and cracked her skull that the hospital needed 250k to run some tests and was wondering if my friend could help with the money, to which she (my friend) responded that she didn't have that kind of money.

The next day the doctor called her saying that the girls condition was serious and required surgery, and then asked if my friend could help raise some money.

My friend expressed her concern and promised to support in any way she could, but reiterated that she didn't have money.

As it stands both the guy and his supposed mother are no longer answering their phones. I believe they have moved on to the next mark.
. This trick is old
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by myouri(f): 6:48am On Mar 23, 2015
LORD..have Mercy! I thought there were no more scam artistes like this sha shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by annamaria: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2015
@ op, is your friend a desperado? I don't understand how you can meet someone just once and within a month the person is talking marriage and you take that person seriously! I don't get how ladies can be so gullible and lose all sense of reasoning because of a ring. Young women need to be more discerning, too many of these incidents that should have taught the required lessons already. Common!
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by seangy4konji: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2015
Man must chop
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by chinweobianwa(f): 9:29am On Mar 23, 2015
check very well her closest friend is behind the scene,i have witness a similar thing.
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Nwa4Jesus(f): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2015
Its happen to me too.... But I thank God that I was smart and d he goat stop calling... God help us
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
mozzie:
It happened to me... and i am still in the trouble of paying the debts i got myself in,in the name of helping!!! here are the numbers
even his picture!
#sad story. my sympathies. hang on, what if he sent u a fake pic n u have just posted d pic of an innocent person online as a scammer. just a thought.
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by obrut(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
ruddylicious:
Thank God she didn't fall for it.
Are you sure? maybe dem don shop her money finish before she come put the tori for hia.
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by mozzie(f): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Amy91:

#sad story. my sympathies. hang on, what if he sent u a fake pic n u have just posted d pic of an innocent person online as a scammer. just a thought.
i know him in person... they are not fake pictures... thats why even scammers can be one's "friends"...that's how painful and devastating it can be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCTV Camera Captures Robbers Who Robbed A Man In Yaba (photos) / EFCC Declares 2 Men Wanted For Fraud,Diversion Of Fund & Money Laundering(pics) / Northern Youth Goes Wild After Getting High On Illicit Drugs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.