Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings (3756 Views)

Are Paid Ads Good For Increasing Google Adsense Earnings? / Goodnews Adsense Applicants,get Your Adsense Approved In Less Than 48 Hours 2015 / Help!he Has $514 In Adsense Earnings But Can't Withdraw It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
No doubt, Google Adsense is one of the easiest and best ways to monetize your blog. I have a high-traffic blog and I started monetizing it with Adsense last November. Here are my monthly earnings since then:

November 2014: $128.61
December 2014: $291.55
January 2015: $361.52
February 2015: $434.74

(Click here to see proof of earnings)

As you can see, the earnings keep increasing by the month. And going by present figures, I'll net at least $530 by the end of March 2015. Presently, I earn $15 - $25 daily (but I earned $31 a few days back).

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. Presently, my blog attracts around 4,500 daily visits and generates about 15,000 daily page views (see the screenshot). Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Please note that my blog runs on WordPress, not Blogger. And most of its traffic (95%) comes from search engines (Google majorly). It's solely targeted at Nigerians, and it's less than 2 years old.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
^^^^^ You people like acting silly. Why not create a separate thread for your whacky offer?
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
The most converting Adsense ad units are 300 x 250, 336 x 280, and 300 x 600.

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by Googleus(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
tanx 4d
info.

pls i started a blog in february, but am really ving issues wt adsence, adverts
and other stuffs, and its becoming discouraging couple wt facts am new to ds field.

pls is there any way u can help fine-tune/upgrade d blog wt ur
experience and level of understanding...i ll really appreciates..
pls u can whatsapp me :

d blog is

www.constructionhints..com.

pls check it out..

expecting to here frm u soon
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2015
Googleus:
tanx 4d
info.
and other stuffs, and its becoming discouraging couple wt facts am new to ds field.
pls u can whatsapp me :
d blog is
pls check it out..

First, I think you're too much in a hurry. You created a blog just last month and you want to monetize it now with Adsense? Well, I don't think it will work. You still need to add lots of quality content and work on growing your traffic. That should be your priority for now.

Secondly, I can see your blog isn't focused on one topic. Though the name and header texts suggests your blog is catered to construction, I saw posts on education, real estate, and even general news. Please stand for something.

Finally, to be frank with you, the niche you chose isn't one that attracts much interest. That topic is not one that many Nigerians love to read online. Your first step towards setting up a successful blog is to choose a topic that people read and search online.

This post details profitable blog niches that will quickly attract a huge Nigerian/global audience. Read it, and settle with something better. But please, don't ever consider entertainment and celebrity gist!
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 5:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Before you apply for Google Adsense, ensure that your blog is content-rich, with all necessary pages put up: about, contact, privacy policy, etc
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by onasa28(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
please guru in the house should help to review dis my blog ..... just 3days old and I apply for AdSense but I got a message that my blog is currently approve for AdSense.... this is the blog with 400 page view ... www.breakingnewsafrica..com
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by Shollay20(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
onasa28:
please guru in the house should help to review dis my blog ..... just 3days old and I apply for AdSense but I got a message that my blog is currently approve for AdSense.... this is the blog with 400 page view ... www.breakingnewsafrica..com
my bros you did not know what god did for you ooo, me 22,407 pageview is yet toget aprove...C0NGRATS
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by webincomeplus(m): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Shollay20:
my bros you did not know what god did for you ooo, me 22,407 pageview is yet toget aprove...C0NGRATS
If the traffic counter on the Blogger dashboard is the source of your traffic figures, then you may have been looking at exaggerated figures. Use Google Analytics to get your real traffic figures.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by Orbtech: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2015
Bloggers‬,take your ‪Blog‬ to the ‪next‬ level on
www.allblogsdirectory.com
where ‪Millions‬ of people find blogs on their ‪‎favourite‬ topics.
‪World‬ No. 1 Blog ‪Search‬ ‪Engine‬ and Blog ‪Directory‬.
Absolutely Free!!!
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by MsTeefah(f): 10:03am On May 17, 2015
Good day, I currently have AdSense on my blog but ma earnings are really low..is my ad placement wrong?? Pls help www.looksbytifah..com
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by dwebdesign(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2015
A quick one in addition to webincomeplus,

Let your post be targeted to a keyword. So someone searching for that keyword on google search engine can visit your site. You have high probability of getting their visits /traffic to your site. But watch what keyword. Look for keyword with low competition so you have a high probability of getting the users quest for that keyword.

If the keywords match what advertisers are paying for, google will display ads related to your posts on your website and that increases your earning through clicks.

Secondly, if you ever what to make money online or on your website, you need to solve people's problem. Thats what will keep bringing them to your site EACH time they have another problem. You may not have the solution they desire but you will GAIN the traffic before they start to look for the solution to their present problem anywhere else.

For more,

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165 ‎

BBM: 2BB63350 

Contact web page: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com 

Am an expert website developer skilled in html/html5, css/css3, php/mysql, ajax, javascript, jquery and jquerymobile. 

Am also an expert in content management systems (CMS) such as wordpress, joomla, drupal, pulse cms, 

and ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, zencart, prestashop.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by bamac(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Webincomeplus pls i need you to chat wt me... The adsense earning on my blog in my signature below is more than low and i started since last yr. My bbpin is 7F617854.. Thank you
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by tutusaint(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
webincomeplus:
No doubt, Google Adsense is one of the easiest and best ways to monetize your blog. I have a high-traffic blog and I started monetizing it with Adsense last November. Here are my monthly earnings since then:

November 2014: $128.61
December 2014: $291.55
January 2015: $361.52
February 2015: $434.74

(Click here to see proof of earnings)

As you can see, the earnings keep increasing by the month. And going by present figures, I'll net at least $530 by the end of March 2015. Presently, I earn $15 - $25 daily (but I earned $31 a few days back).

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. Presently, my blog attracts around 4,500 daily visits and generates about 15,000 daily page views (see the screenshot). Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Please note that my blog runs on WordPress, not Blogger. And most of its traffic (95%) comes from search engines (Google majorly). It's solely targeted at Nigerians, and it's less than 2 years old.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.

I need your help on something. My bbpin is 7F00C3CF
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by dhsfbi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by expertee(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
my google adsense is non hosted account and am hardly making 0.50$/month. So i will like to sell it, please any interested person should inbox me. Thankx
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by Picomon(m): 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
expertee:
my google adsense is non hosted account and am hardly making 0.50$/month. So i will like to sell it, please any interested person should inbox me. Thankx

Gimme ur whatsapp let's talk
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by darkhorse: 7:38am On Dec 05, 2015
expertee:
if it is pin verifed i will buy it. contact me on whatsapp anybody that has pin verified adsense account to sell. 08090772102
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by androsurf: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2015
Guys, please review my blog.... ==> www.androsurf.com

Thanks in advance!
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by blogboy12(m): 6:15am On Sep 05, 2016
Googleus:
tanx 4d
info.

pls u can whatsapp me :

d blog is

pls check it out..

am sorry brother can you pls give me your tamplate I like it pls email me via abdulazizmomba@gmail.com
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by rubel88: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2017
Ezoic tool help you to boost your adsense income dramatically. I already used this in my site and my earning increase fast and also day by day it's increasing. I will suggest you try it with your blog. It's google adsense certified program. Besides i have seen good review on following site about this and it's help you how to open an account and set up everything on your site. May be it will help you. Good luck.

http://www.codiblog.com/2017/06/increase-adsense-earning.html

After using ezoic, i am sure you will be happy like me.
Re: How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings by Wapmasta(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
you post is informative .

i blog here aswell http://www.wapmastazone.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Blog Revenue / Wordpress / How To Create A Bulk SMS Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.