Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,733 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke (51089 Views)

Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / What Made Iara Oshiomole To Laugh Like This? / Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by christopher123(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2015
jjy:

If Okocha is vying for presidency I would lvote for him.

these are the reasons why i am proud to be n igbo dude

very igbotic
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by christopher123(m): 10:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Bwelz:
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Good Bro////////
Once dem step europe the fone go change//////
sticking to ur igbo accent is patrotism.

I have lived outsidefor years and my igbotic accent is still there so not all of us...we are basically proud igbotic
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by christopher123(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2015
tchidi:
I remember one rug advert that Kanu wanted to use his igbo voice and ruin!! grin

Very funny.

how can u say ruin, or do u want kanu to speak in oyibo accent, didnt the company know he was igbo, maybe you will say wenger will use his french accent to ruin english

we igbo are accented and we do not have apologies ok

and we are proud of our heritage
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Hila12(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2015
SkinnyDude:

wizkid and inyanya who have not lived in abroad before all have foreign accent..
fake foreign accent

There's no such thing as 'fake' accent. It's called an 'acquired accent' which can be learned and adopted as a first or second language (it's a personal choice and everyone has freedom to speak in whatever they please).

Also remember, English is a foreign language adopted by Nigeria as lingua franca, there's nothing wrong 'improving' your accent to sound like the original speakers of the language (British/Americans). It's not called 'faking' rather called 'improving/polishing'.

Okocha speaks American in an Igbotic accent (Improve your American or better still stick to your mother accent, simple!). Kanu has the stronger mother accent between the two (but chooses to speak American again and murders it).

Too many laws in the world. Let people speak how they please. You don't have to live in Spain to learn Spanish. Exposure to spanish media and doing courses in Spanish can improve your speaking. It's an 'individual preference' to adopt an accent.
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by adanduka: 10:10am On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:
Jay Jay, that is not patriotism that is inability to learn and resistance to CHANGE. If you speak spanish in America and travel to spain and spent 30 years but never improved your spanisPh then you are only saying you are resistant to CHANGE and effectively equate yourself with the clueless, classless, and dumb President you are trying to impress, who by the way is loosing on Saturday. Nigerians know better, CHANGE is now inevitable, don't be left behind!

-CramJones

Rubbish!
Who told you he can't speak with a foreign accent? He doesn't have to anyway unless he is speaking to foreigners who pretend not to hear him in his Nigerian accent.

1 Like

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Drgleave: 10:15am On Mar 23, 2015
"...travel to spain and spent 30 years but never improved you spaniPh then..." your mind is more disoriented than i imagined.
Howmany Europians come here to adopt our Accent? They protect their own, no American goes to Spain to adopt spanish accent, they can learn the language but wont adopt spanish accent. You think it a thing of pride to dump your mother tongue and embrace other people's. Or do you think Okocha and Kanu can't speak better English than you?. Not campaigning here, but i just hope your mind would one day realize the need to protect our various cultures and heritage which our Assent is also included.
Vote Wisely.
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 23, 2015
KingTom:
Na Ishilove o, but it's my fault sha. I said some hurtful things I hope she forgives me grin
You and your mouth een.....Go beg her for forgiveness o. tongue
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Hila12(m): 10:28am On Mar 23, 2015
Drgleave:
"...travel to spain and spent 30 years but never improved you spaniPh then..." your mind is more disoriented than i imagined.
Howmany Europians come here to adopt our Accent? They protect their own, no American goes to Spain to adopt spanish accent, they can learn the language but wont adopt spanish accent. You think it a thing of pride to dump your mother tongue and embrace other people's. Or do you think Okocha and Kanu can't speak better English than you?. Not campaigning here, but i just hope your mind would one day realize the need to protect our various cultures and heritage which our Assent is also included.
Vote Wisely.

What are you protecting? Nigerian English? You can only protect mother dialects (igbo, yoruba hausa etcetera), not English cause English was never ours to protect (but ours to learn). English is a borrowed language we speak everyday, what is worth doing is worth doing well - if we could accept English in the first place there's nothing wrong speaking it like the original speakers, our teachers (the same ones we condemn).
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by KingTom(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2015
AgapeCharis:
You and your mouth een.....Go beg her for forgiveness o. tongue
She has forgiven me grin
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2015
KingTom:
She has forgiven me grin
Aii....enjoy your the few hours left in your prison grin
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by sylve11: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2015
I will open it later. cool
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by SkinnyDude(m): 10:39am On Mar 23, 2015
Hila12:

There's no such thing as 'fake' accent. It's called an 'acquired accent' which can be learned and adopted as a first or second language (it's a personal choice and everyone has freedom to speak in whatever they please).

Also remember, English is a foreign language adopted by Nigeria as lingua franca, there's nothing wrong 'improving' your accent to sound like the original speakers of the language (British/Americans). It's not called 'faking' rather called 'improving/polishing'.

Okocha speaks American in an Igbotic accent (Improve your American or better still stick to your mother accent, simple!). Kanu has the stronger mother accent between the two (but chooses to speak American again and murders it).

Too many laws in the world. Let people speak how they please. You don't have to live in Spain to learn Spanish. Exposure to spanish media and doing courses in Spanish can improve your speaking. It's an 'individual preference' to adopt an accent.
no offence. but do you know i slept off while reading this?
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by KingTom(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Aii....enjoy your the few hours left in your prison grin
Yes boss! grin
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by AKPOSbaba: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2015
Magical Jay Jay
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2015
Frosti:
How can I download youtube videos?
go and download tube mate with it you can download any video you want
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:
Jay Jay, that is not patriotism that is inability to learn and resistance to CHANGE. If you speak spanish in America and travel to spain and spent 30 years but never improved your spanisPh then you are only saying you are resistant to CHANGE and effectively equate yourself with the clueless, classless, and dumb President you are trying to impress, who by the way is loosing on Saturday. Nigerians know better, CHANGE is now inevitable, don't be left behind!

-CramJones
Change indeed, did they tell you they can't speak English?and not that they refused to sell their identities?
I wish some of this ignorant fools chanting APC and change will see through the motives of people like you
Were you not the one wishing Isis on us on the other thread.bokoharam is no longer enough for you and your blood thirsty kind?
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by DonDiego(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2015
CramJones again displaying his rank ignorance. Everybody knows that JayJay meant this to be a joke, afterall. Jokes do not always have to be interpreted. For your information, Okocha is a lot smarter than you if one had to judge your level of intelligence by the garbage you vomit on Nairaland daily. And speaking about ability to speak foreign languages, maybe you should go ask questions. JayJay is very multilingual and can effortlessly speak German, French, English and Igbo. I wonder what other language you can speak.

cramjones:

-CramJones
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by sophtaf(f): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2015
SkinnyDude:

wizkid and inyanya who have not lived in abroad before all have foreign accent..
fake foreign accent
dey r 'unpatrotic' grin

1 Like

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by SkinnyDude(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
sophtaf:
dey r 'unpatrotic' grin
lol. and if you listen carefully, you hear some blunders while they speak.

2 Likes

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by adconline(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones
Ask Arsene Wenger why he still speaks with French accent having lived in England for about 20yrs.
Ask Arnold Schwarzenegger why he still speaks with Austrian accent having lived in US for about 50 years

1 Like

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by sleemfesh: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

See what APC has done to your brain.
Speaking English with an Igbo accent is not same as not knowing how to speak English.
Take your point to point and kill. It's useless here.
Appreciate a good joke. Everything is not politics.

1 Like

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
Abeg renew your dstv subscription...
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
christopher123:

how can u say ruin, or do u want kanu to speak in oyibo accent, didnt the company know he was igbo, maybe you will say wenger will use his french accent to ruin english

we igbo are accented and we do not have apologies ok

and we are proud of our heritage

Don't get your boxers in a knot... I'm igbo and I have an igbo accent too (very small sha). I said that humorously so don't get all up in arms. undecided
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by christopher123(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
tchidi:

Don't get your boxers in a knot... I'm igbo and I have an igbo accent too (very small sha). I said that humorously so don't get all up in arms. undecided

nobody speaks accent-less english in the world, our accents os been influenced by upbringing and enviroment
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Desdemona(f): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:
Oga chillex It was just a joke to lighten the mood. Be flexible! Me sef support CHANGE

-CramJones
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
christopher123:

nobody speaks accent-less english in the world, our accents os been influenced by upbringing and enviroment

Bia Christopher, hapu okpokpo bekee a I na asu... undecided
I'm hungry....
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Drgleave: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hila12:

What are you protecting? Nigerian English? You can only protect mother dialects (igbo, yoruba hausa etcetera), not English cause English was never ours to protect (but ours to learn). English is a borrowed language we speak everyday, what is worth doing is worth doing well - if we could accept English in the first place there's nothing wrong speaking it like the original speakers, our teachers (the same ones we condemn).

Go through my post again, i never mentioned "Nigerian English", i said "Nigerian Accent". I am not agaist anyone speaking English, but those that go about faking accents and expect the enlightened ones like Me to join them, also those in diaspora that discard our 9Ja accent. Americans dont fake British Accent and vise-vaser, same with Australia, Canada nd so on. These are English speaking countries with their various Accents. Shikina.
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by spinna: 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
To God be the Glory made FP ! ................. and so many nairaland royalties and dignitaries have visited my humble post. You are all welcome, please stay and comment some more... Blackchampion abeg give everybody here one popcorn each.
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by Blackchampion(m): 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
spinna:
To God be the Glory made FP ! ................. and so many nairaland royalties and dignitaries have visited my humble post. You are all welcome, please stay and comment some more... Blackchampion abeg give everybody here one popcorn each.
Popcorn to every body here. Yeeeeh! Spinna has paid already 4 all.

1 Like

Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by christopher123(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ngwanu aga eyere gi akwa

Iga anu ara

Kedu udi agu na agu gi
tchidi:

Bia Christopher, hapu okpokpo bekee a I na asu... undecided
I'm hungry....
Re: Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke by samofson: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones
I think you the joke is lost on you Sir. Jay Jay wasn't talking about Language, he was talking about accent. Jay Jay speaks 3 European Languages Fluently and 1 not so much, albeit with a thick Igbo accent. That's 4 different languages apart from Igbo.

Once you get to a certain age , no matter how long you stay abroad your accent will always be the same. Any body that moves abroad after 17 years and learnt how to speak English in Naija would always have a naija accent unless they are faking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of New Abule-Egba Fly Over / More Pictures Of Peter Obi & Labour Party Campaign Rally In Kogi State / Winifred Oyo-Ita And Abba Kyari In Heated Argument Over Leaked Memo (Video

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.