Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations (21346 Views)

PDP Youths Follow Car Carrying Votes From Polling Unit To Prevent Rigging / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / Jonathan Visits Polling Stations In Zambia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by bdidi: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
As much as the soldiers don't have business at the polling stations, they have lots of business roaming the streets and major areas prone to violent.

Their presence will forestall any violent that may arise due to the heated tensions this election has generated so far.

In as much as we have soldiers fighting in all fronts NE, there are still many that will be drafted to help secure the internal peace we need during the election.

People don't really respect the police much which in itself is a very unfortunate situation but with the presence of soldiers, people will maintain a good decorum. Hence a peaceful election. It happened in Egypt.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by dareyking(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The courts can go to hell;
You don't have to say this cause it breeds impunity...Respect the rule of law, just becoz the judgement didnt favour your cause doesn't mean u can't appeal the judgement.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Oiselenjakhian(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Remii(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
seunlayi:
but to me, i think we really need this soldiers to compliment the efforts of other various security operatives during the election
are we going to war or election? soldiers are trained to shoot to kill not arrest, fyi
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Brugo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Na today dem dey disobey court order? Useless government. This Saturday, things will CHANGE.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
dareyking:

You don't have to say this cause it breeds impunity...Respect the rule of law, just becoz the judgement didnt favour your cause doesn't mean u can't appeal the judgement.

What time do we have left to appeal? The elections will hold this coming Saturday just to remind you. Besides, what useless court would say we don't need soldiers around during the elections considering the politically charged atmosphere in Nigeria presently? angry
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by samplegirl(f): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
Useless court verdict. Does he know what it takes to go and vote in Northern Nigeria? Some folks will be somewhere satisfying their personal interest without minding the general effect to the larger populace.

Soon they will ban the government from using soldiers to fight boko haram.

The best thing is this. if you come out that day to vote and see soldiers, go back because it is illegal.

So many forms of boko haram on the loose.

NONSENSE.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
I CAME ACROSS THIS FUNNY VIDEO ABOUT MAMA PEACE AND I JUST CANT STOP LAUGHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQVsXF9-zY
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
chamboy:
[s]No more PDP's tea party,

We dont want lagosgate, oyogate, osungate, ogungate, ondogate....

#i have decided
Sai baba
Sai buhari[/s]

We will have our party with not just tea but fried rice & turkey. Soldiers will be around on Saturday whether you or the courts like it or not. Come out and do nonsense that day then the bullets will speak their language.

Nuff said.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by jordanice007: 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
Card readers are useful so as the Nigeria Army. If soldiers are not there who will man the machines(the yeye policemen??!!!, i doubt it). APC is just so funny.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by dareyking(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

What time do we have left to appeal? The elections will hold this coming Saturday just to remind you. Besides, what useless court would say we don't need soldiers around during the elections considering the politically charged atmosphere in Nigeria presently? angry
If u are a truly patriotic and a law abiding member or fan that you are canvassing for u wouldn't have repeated 'useless' in ur post....Is this ur type u want people to vote for??...Try to be civil even in the face of anger...
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by ologundudu7: 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The courts can go to hell; Soldiers will be deployed! We must deploy soldiers all over Lagos to cripple tinubu's games.

Defaulters will receive a haze of bullets and dispatched to the afterlife.

A word is enough for the wise.

Court can go to hell?
I dont know u Sanchez sir,but if at this level ur mind's set to kicking against court injuction,then 'i sorry sorry o,i sorry for Nigeria...'(singing Femi Kuti's Song)
Haba
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
ologundudu7:

Court can go to hell?
I dont know u Sanchez sir,but if at this level ur mind's set to kicking against court injuction,then 'i sorry sorry o,i sorry for Nigeria...'(singing Femi Kuti's Song)
Haba

bros soldiers have already been deployed.If dem born any judge well make him come physically remove them.Amoured cars would be plying the length and breadth of lagos come march 28.Any thug that wants to die can come and try any nonsense
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
ologundudu7:

Court can go to hell?
Haba

Give me one good reason why we shouldn't have soldiers out there during the elections? How can anyone who claims to love this country give this type of ruling
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by ologundudu7: 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

bros soldiers have already been deployed.If dem born any judge well make him come physically remove them.Amoured cars would be plying the length and breadth of lagos come march 28.Any thug that wants to die can come and try any nonsense

U and i know the soldier idea and the anti-card reader protest is a PDP GEJ plot to permutate the election in their favour.
Remember the Ekiti saga how the military oppressed the people and u saw the aftermath ... the General and Koro's confession tape.GEJ and PDP are not giving people reasons to trust their already diminished credibility.Now how would u feel,i mean u,that the President kicked against court injuction?Does that speak well of his law abiding trait as the #1 citizen of the country?Me,i have duo-citizenship,thanks to God,anyhow una like,make una rule d country...
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
ologundudu7:

U and i know the soldier idea and the anti-card reader protest is a PDP GEJ plot to permutate the election in their favour.
Remember the Ekiti saga how the military oppressed the people and u saw the aftermath ... the General and Koro's confession tape.GEJ and PDP are not giving people reasons to trust their already diminished credibility.Now how would u feel,i mean u,that the President kicked against court injuction?Does that speak well of his law abiding trait as the #1 citizen of the country?Me,i have duo-citizenship,thanks to God,anyhow una like,make una rule d country...

Do you mind explaining to me how soldiers rigged the election in ekiti? are the soldiers now INEC? How exactly did they rig the election?
GEJ has a responsibility to Nigerians to provide security before,during and after the elections and come March 28,Soldiers will definitely be deployed irrespective of any court judgement
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by ologundudu7: 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Give me one good reason why we shouldn't have soldiers out there during the elections? How can anyone who claims to love this country give this type of ruling

The judge gave this ruling because constitutionally,it is undemocratic.From experience,it is manipulative.GEJ,regretably has bought virtually every neutral body in the country.He's bought the church over with 7bn naira,he's bought the military,the police and what else?
Sir,it's a critical situation our democracy is in atm.We've never had it like this before i pray God helps us
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by Montaque(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
This judgement reminds me of the day the policeman assigned to my friend in the last election removed his uniform and escaped from the polling station because our area thugs decided to brandish their patented swords and daggers, and left the poor girl to her fate in-between the irate thugs.

Well my question: assuming INEC will pay you 100k(which is above what is to be paid electoral officers this year) for you to work as an election officer in say Kastina state,with only the NPF and NSCDC providing security, will you take the job
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by ologundudu7: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

Do you mind explaining to me how soldiers rigged the election in ekiti? are the soldiers now INEC? How exactly did they rig the election?
GEJ has a responsibility to Nigerians to provide security before,during and after the elections and come March 28,Soldiers will definitely be deployed irrespective of any court judgement

Mr Chukwu sir did u listen to the audio tape featuring the voice of Koro,Fayose,General Momoh,Chris Uba and other?The tape that even Koro affirmed in d positive of his part-taking in the meeting b4 The Senate?did u sir?
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by chamboy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We will have our party with not just tea but fried rice & turkey. Soldiers will be around on Saturday whether you or the courts like it or not. Come out and do nonsense that day then the bullets will speak their language.

Nuff said.
We Can't continue like This,
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by babaarewa(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER, This is hate statement and is noted for future reference.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by scantee(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
That is very stupid from the court, a country that is currently experiencing security challenges yet they are barning soldiers, the same people will cry blue murder when BH slaughter innocent Nigerians.

for this order to hold, then there must be no solider be it in Borno or any trouble state during this election let's how it plays out.

Soldiers or no soldiers Aso Rock remains in GEJ pocket till 2019.

SMH
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by yetunsbay(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The courts can go to hell; Soldiers will be deployed! We must deploy soldiers all over Lagos to cripple tinubu's games.

Defaulters will receive a haze of bullets and dispatched to the afterlife.

A word is enough for the wise.
do you really respect constitutn atall?
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by babaarewa(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER. As much as you don't believe in the courts next time you have a complain take it to the soldiers. From your statements it seems you give directives to the soldiers.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by omohanet(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Without soldier elections will not be free from manipulation
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by visalo: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Apc mushroom judge. Come March 28th come and detail for the president. Useless set of peoples
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by visalo: 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
ologundudu7:

Mr Chukwu sir did u listen to the audio tape featuring the voice of Koro,Fayose,General Momoh,Chris Uba and other?The tape that even Koro affirmed in d positive of his part-taking in the meeting b4 The Senate?did u sir?

Tape or no tape soldier will be deploy. No court in the land can decide for the president when he ought to use his constitutional power. Apc your antics will not work. Whoever that do any how, will see any how that day. Soldier are not smiling. Don't use your self as ritual for tinubu and his fellow apc criminals. Be warn ahead
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by visalo: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
Montaque:
This judgement reminds me of the day the policeman assigned to my friend in the last election removed his uniform and escaped from the polling station because our area thugs decided to brandish their patented swords and daggers, and left the poor girl to her fate in-between the irate thugs.

Well my question: assuming INEC will pay you 100k(which is above what is to be paid electoral officers this year) for you to work as an election officer in say Kastina state,with only the NPF and NSCDC providing security, will you take the job

This question must be begging for answers. Pls don't sacrify your self for tinubu. Our military are not smiling. The bullet will cash on you if youdo any how that day
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by TruthPower: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2015
hardbody:
I do not care what you guys do, so long as no one scales into my compound on that date, i will not disturb you people with your votes. When you guys are done and the dust settles, we will see who has been more efficient in rigging and the game continues.

True talk. What election. We all know it is going to be a Rigging competition between both Parties
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by usibengate(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
Another winning for APC and DEMOCRACY
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by poseidon12: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
seunlayi:
but to me, i think we really need this soldiers to compliment the efforts of other various security operatives during the election

Of course we need the soldiers and they would be there on election day. As INEC chairman Jega has explained, the soldiers are never at the polling stations. They stay a few kilometers away. It is the police that stay at polling stations; usually three of them and unarmed. So those going to court are just wasting their time and money.
Re: Court Bars Soldiers From Polling Stations by nagoma(m): 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
seunlayi:

Except that the soldiers are now bought by GEJ and will repeat the Ekiti rigging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Gifts Toyota Corolla To Constituency Member - Pictures / Niger School Teacher Suspended Over Facebook Post Against Buhari & Sani Bello / Army Repelled Attacks At Pulka, Rescued 445 Abducted Person (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.