Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] (37703 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Style In Imo With Open Roof Bus (photos) / Aisha Buhari Campaigns In Edo In A Colourful Manner (photos) / Buhari Campaigns In Anambra Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by Rendition(m): 1:21am On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country. 

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investment will seize in all sectors.And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc. 

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished. 

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!
story for the Gods,so we shud not vote cuz of d boys at creeks ? Oga carry chair sidon somwer
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by jazzydee: 1:24am On Mar 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBY1H6o5d1E

[size=20pt]Listen to the message by President Obama, Even Mr Obama recognises the progress that has been made under president jonathan in Economy, security, democracy etc and is urging Nigerians to vote for continuity to consolidate the gains that has been made so far.

GEJ carry go.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:
I just pray Tanoids and Pdpigz won't die ofheart attack cheesy

abokii pig eater n lover....c o w. grin
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by mudek4all(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2015
GMB has win already, nothing can change that, in 2015 we nigerians are saying we vote for GEJ personality not knowing he will disappoint us. We expect the best but he show us the worst. Increase in fuel price claiming to remove fuel subsidy for the development of nigeria. But nigeria hasn't advance at all. ASUU stay home for 6month, while asup stay at home for more that a year. So can you use to convince me to vote for GEJ, mass killing of nigerians. And many more. Pls my fellow nigeria let give change a chance. As for me no one but GMB. Sai baba, march 4 buhari, march for better nigeria and let rejoice together. God bless nigeria
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by olasoji1: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2015
The Ballot Papers to arrive at States tomorrow !!!

Read more here===>>> http://www.abisoj.com/2015/03/the-ballot-papers-to-arrive-at-states.html

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Owerri [Photos] by zendy: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2015
lastpage:

If l understand you correctly (and correct me if l am wrong), you imply that If GEj ws Yoruba, then Yorubas would have supported him simply for that fact, his is our son?
If that is what you mean, we can take a cue from the OBJ administration where Yorubas rejected one of their own so much so that he could not win his WARD! wink

Pardon me if l sound self conceited but l think Yorubas have shown, over time, some level of political sophistication that would take some time to march up to, being the only Nation in Nigeria who would "disagree" with the policy of one of theirs and refuse to vote for him in a Presidential election.
Yorubas did it in 1999, when OBJ was considered an outcast.
Like a prodigal son, he came "back home" and apologized and was accepted back into the fold in 2003.

Buhari is not a Yoruba nor a Christian.... yet most Yorubas and Yoruba Christians will vote for him!
That does not look like voting along Religious or ethnic lines as you suggest or is it

Do you also recall that in 2009 and 2011, Yorubas could easily have switched their support for Buhari or a Northerner, can you give me a plausible reason why they laid down "blood and life", just to ensure Jonathan was elected President... even going against the likes of "Bola Tinubu and his ACN Party, led by the same Buhari.... when they chorused "We did not vote for PDP, itis Jonathan we are voting for"?

Reflect on this scenarios for a moment.

Lastpage!

This doesn't hold water. In 1999, Obasunjo was running against a fellow Yoruba man, Olu Falae. The Yoruba s could afford to be "picky" because either way, a Yoruba man was going to be elected anyway. In 2003 however,the political space had been widened with the registration of more parties and Obasunjo found himself running against former military men with daunting credentials such as Buhari and Ojukwu. Now this was a classic case of how the people of Nigeria vote based on tribal,ethnic,religious and geopolitical sentiments. Obasunjo's first term was a monumental failure but despite this,no Yoruba person was shouting "Sai BuharI" as they now do. On the contrary, the Yorubas rallied around Obasunjo,even the Yoruba party AD did not field a presidential aspirant so as to give Obasunjo the best possible chance to win. That election was all about "who best serves my interests". In 2011 when GEJ was running,the Yorubas did not support Jonathan. The main stream Yoruba party ACN fielded Ribadu while the PDP rigging machine did the rest. What I'm trying to get at is the presidential election is not about 'who is the best candidate',it is about "who best serves my interests". You have to accept the fact that Nigeria is far from a United country,it's all about sectional interest. The SS/SE people see the presidential election from a completely different perspective as the average Yoruba or Hausa man might see it. We Igbos see the opposition of of Jonthan from the south-west and the North as a gang up to continue Yoruba/Hausa hegemony all over Nigeria. We are also mindful of the fact that in the 50 of Nigerias 55 year existence,it's either been a Yoruba man or a northerner who has been ruling. The structure of the Nigerian state is so bad that we only see things through a disunited front and that is why even if Buhari is elected,he will be a colossal failure just like his predecessors. He just won't be able to carry a disunited Nigeria along to achieve anything and he will always be seen as an "Hausa president". Nigeria is a disaster and there is nothing to rejoice about regardless of who wins so I will vote the person who best suits my interests and that is GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Stable Was The Naira Under Gen. Buhari? / Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Kwara Governor-elect Lands In Rwanda, Bid Farewell To The Business World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.