Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81979 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ramalot(m): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by redsun(m): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2015
By milking cows, abi?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2015
ndcide:
Had Buhari attended the NEDG debate, Campaigns would have ended that day.

Nigerians, Let's not do this to ourselves. Vote wisely

Vote GEJ.
If we are to go by the debate, Jonathan will lose. He messed up himself and the PDP by reading from a paper in the debate.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by zendy: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

Don't mind Buhari. The man has no agender for Nigeria. He thinks the Nigerian economy is the same as rearing cattle? Will he wave a magic wand and command the Dollar to be at per with the Naira? Does Buhari realise the seismic shift needed in economic policy to peg a countries currency one to one with the Dollar? This is a man who only talks about what he will do when he comes to office but not how he will do it. These are not military times and Buhari is an outdated specie.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manot: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2015
tell that to d dogs, are u talking to fools.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 8:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, am here now...............show me where Buhari stated such as against what the PDP Paper claimed he stated.

one of the paid poster in here, take note!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by loomer: 8:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

As u believe such thing, u even worse pass the man
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ndcide(m): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If we are to go by the debate, Jonathan will lose. He messed up himself and the PDP by reading from a paper in the debate.

All candidates in the debate were given journals to write on. the problem with you and your ilks is that you keep listening to only yourselves. open up your mind.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by shinel(f): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.
Are you educated at all? To fall for this crap talk!
You need to go back to school and study economics. One of the best country in the world, if not the best in terms of economic growth (Canada) couldn't achieve it with Canadian Dolls.
I understand if such comment is coming from an illiterate in Buhari...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2015
agabaI23:
The same grade as "I stabilize global oil price"

He allowed the naira to depreciate by 20% from 76k to 89k to $1 and it is now that he will make naira equal to a $1. Someone tells me he is sincere?
Jmain, Jmaine, Firefire, anonimi, sweet ellechrystal, Whynotthetruth, Kenai dein77, barcanista eeee make una come ooooo Buhai is at it again grin grin grin
Buhari seem not to understand basic economics, otherwise he wouldn't utter such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Realist2: 8:33am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne
post=31930454:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks
complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate
the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and
sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our
dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with
20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good
for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export
competitively..

Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to
$7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a
better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet
earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe,
prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst
competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a
very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing
everything!!

my brother thanks for this comment,op didn't allow mine.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by GeorgeAmax(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2015
U too dey make mouth. common SSCE u don't have.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Chigold101(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
how does this statement make him someone that understands economy? Dont u know that by saying this it shows he knows nothing about economy & how monitery policy is determined. He just spoke like the ... He is.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 24, 2015
zendy:

Don't mind Buhari. The man has no agender for Nigeria. He thinks the Nigerian economy is the same as rearing cattle? Will he wave a magic wand and command the Dollar to be at per with the Naira? Does Buhari realise the seismic shift needed in economic policy to peg a countries currency one to one with the Dollar? This is a man who only talks about what he will do when he comes to office but not how he will do it. These are not military times and Buhari is an outdated specie.
He probably think that it is through executive order.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ELFINITO2(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to $7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

This is what i call SCHOOLING
Lol
#JusSayin
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari seem not to understand basic economics, otherwise he wouldn't utter such rubbish.

Are you saying Professor Soludo doesn't know simple Economics too?

The Central Bank Governor, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, recently unveiled a plan to revert the naira to its pre-1986 value. Prof. Soludo said among other thing that #20 will become the country's highest denomination against #1000 which is currently the highest. Doing this will put the naira at about #1.25 to American (U.S) dollar and invariably transform the naira into a world class currency, and become West African's common currency by 2009.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/hakeem-babalola/redenomination-or-redomination-give-soludo-a-chance.html
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Johnnoo(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2015
What does this dude know about fiscal policies
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Bawss1(m): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
can you compare Nigeria's population to that of China?

China is the most populous nation in the world, what are you talking about?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Hmmm after soaking garri,I slept off cheesy
This is serious..
Then I'll keep my 20 dollars and change it when he becomes president in his dreams......
Truckpusher:
Peppyluv, come and see o.

Are you seeing what ayam seeing ?

Your boyfriend Buhari is at it again.

Chai! grin
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ojialo(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Chai! You are finished economically beside I'm not even sure if u were born during Buhari's regime u sound look a kid born during Abacha's regime.
OrlandoOwoh:

Rubbish! Didn't he do it between 1984 and 1985? Didn't Ghana do it recently? The Ghanaian Cedi which used to exchange for some hundreds, if not thousands, to the dollar, is now almost equall. Didn't Chukwuma Soludo try to do it?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2015
This man is old and frail, too weak to shoulder the weight of leadership in the capacity of a president...I don't know why that useless, corrupt Tinubu has decided to impose this man on us, even when he said he was done with contesting for presidency. And more annoying is the fact that the old man has REFUSED to come out for a debate, claiming he suspects some foul play in the whole process. Ok, let us see your WASC certificate...He, in his arrogant nature, said 'my certiPicate is wifh za militory'...Oh No, its with my frincifal in ma pormer school.....Ummm, It is now with INEC....embarrassing his already declined reputation.

GEJ may have not scored a high mark so far but I tell you this BUHARI guy is in no way better than GEJ. I rather vote for democracy than Dictatorship!
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2015
Calm down,Truckpusher knows I'm not APshit..just calling me to have fun.
Your wife berem deactivated her account,uses jackbauress or whatever now.

ibietela2:

You won't see any of them here..... berem, demdem, egift
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2015
ojialo:
Chai! You are finished economically
You want to bring your NOI economics here?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Tttoyin(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:

Done what? My friend sit down and educate yourself! This man has never dealt with economic world crisis or the severe deflation of national currency.

The man can't even tell you one way he would go about doing this.

You can't as well. Smh, my people die because of IGNORANCE.
oga sit down too, if he can tackle corruption, why not he wouldnt b able to solve falling of naira.....Aga ade better vote for change, umbrella had tried... we need to clean our environment bcose we av already covered our environment wth fake roof covers
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by just2endowed: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2015
Nairaland my ribs don break out of laughter
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2015
ndcide:

All candidates in the debate were given journals to write on. the problem with you and your ilks is that you keep listening to only yourselves. open up your mind.
Shut up! I listened to him when his voice started shaking. He should be ashamed.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying Professor Soludo doesn't know simple Economics too?

The Central Bank Governor, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, recently unveiled a plan to revert the naira to its pre-1986 value. Prof. Soludo said among other thing that #20 will become the country's highest denomination against #1000 which is currently the highest. Doing this will put the naira at about #1.25 to American (U.S) dollar and invariably transform the naira into a world class currency, and become West African's common currency by 2009.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/hakeem-babalola/redenomination-or-redomination-give-soludo-a-chance.htm

So did he achieve it before he left office as CBN Gov? See how you betray yourself. Soludo, a CBN boss "said" but he never did anything. See achieving appreciation of a country's currency has to do with many factors most especially the demand for that currency. You also have to work on inflation, strenghten local production on goods and services to rely, Export more and reduction of import, fiscal and monetary policies and several others. Don't forget attitude of the citizens on the naira and kobo plays a lot. It is not achieved via magic but via process. For Buhari to say what he said means something is wrong.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Mar 24, 2015
ibietela2:

The only thing you do best is ABUSE

Goon, i do that especially to those that call my name to a shameless lie they cant substantiate.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 24, 2015
Kokopos:
This shows that the people's General is a stack illiterate. A nonentity in respect to country's economics.

Nope. Rather, ur comment shows u're the stark illiterate for not having the brainpower to process a simple comprehension passage. If not that ur mind is clouded by prejudice, u would have clearly seen that GMB never made such statement. His statement in quote is this:
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy’’
The "I will make $ = N" lie was concocted by brain-dead jingoists.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2015
egift:

@ibietela2:
Will you shut that hole in your face. How does the quote below imply making Naira=Dollar?

This is exactly the sharia propaganda and PDP believe that repeating it will make it truthful. As 2015 Failure slap Jonathan down to Bayelsa, your desperation is overflowing its bounds.

U dey mind these fools. Nothing they do now can stop the emergence of the General.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2015
Peppyluv:
Hmmm after soaking garri,I slept off cheesy
This is serious..
Then I'll keep my 20 dollars and change it when he becomes president in his dreams......
When he becomes President of Chatham House
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Iamxtopher(m): 8:55am On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf

Now I get the message clearly.. it's gonna be happening in Duara grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 / O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.