Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC (690 Views)

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD / Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu / Breaking Rumors: Saraki Dumps APC For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 24, 2015
http://ifeadinmesi.com/apc-town-hall-meeting-flops-again-as-south-east-businessmen-traders-shun-buhari-in-onitsha/

The resolution of the people of the South East geo-political zone to vote for President Goodluck Jonathan were clearly demonstrated in the commercial city of Onitsha yesterday as business men and traders shunned a scheduled interactive section with the presidential candidate of All Progressive Congress, APC, General Muhammed Buhari.

The Interactive section held at the popular Sharon Hall in Onitsha was expected to address the invitees on Buhari’s policy on business, Commerce and Industry and consequently attract captains of industries, Importers and traders from Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi and other parts of the zone.

But there was no presence of businessmen and traders from the markets in the city such as Main market, Bridge Head and notable Industrialists in and outside the city were also absent.

The officials of APC in Anambra and some Journalists were at the venue waiting for the visitor as late as 4pm while the event was scheduled to take off by 12 noon.

Further investigation reveals that the traders had resolved to stand with the governor of the state, Chief Willie Obiano who has repeatedly enjoined Ndi Anambra to cast their votes for President Goodluck Jonathan while ensuring that they elect APGA candidates in all other posts.

At Onitsha main market an importer Mr. Kenneth Abasilum told our correspondent that, the function belong to APC while the traders are predominantly APGA, “You don’t expect APGA followers to attend APC function. Moreover, the first lady was here today so people’s attention must have diverted to the visit of the first lady”, he added.

This might have led to Gen Muhammadu Buhari abruptly cancelling his scheduled appearance at the South East Town Hall meeting. Source claim the APC candidate may have collapsed.

The Senator representing Anambra central district, Sen Chris Ngige (APC) pleaded with the disappointed audience that the presidential candidate could not make it due to conditions “beyond Buhari’s control“.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC by Ozigbondu(m): 8:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Say no to APC.........i know my onitsha traders are wise men

op post the full story here and change your headline

3 Likes

Re: Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Ozigbondu:
Say no to APC.........i know my onitsha traders are wise men

op post the full story here and change your headline

Done sir!
Re: Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC by 1Dray(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2015
Way to go... Transformation continues! GEJ we know!
Re: Ndi Anambra State Dumps APC by kasiem(m): 10:00am On Mar 24, 2015
That's the brain box of the nation acting. Till date no apc state has bought one tyre from innoson group and u want us to do away with a govt that shows him massive support for one that will send our brother to grave? No, it's not gonna happen. Always proud of my state. I will travel home tomorrow to help in sensitizing the villagers as the national Presido of the students from my town nah. Una know how e dey be nah. Lols

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

INEC Champions League Final (pdp Vs Apc) - 28th March, 2015 / Nigeria Denies Boko Haram Seized 500 Children. / ELECTION RESULT: Buhari Supporters Planning Mayhem Must Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.