Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] (7790 Views)

Funny Family/Marriage Pictures To Spice Your Day. / 5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / Deceived Into Marriage, Used And Dumped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:37am On Mar 24, 2015
Tehani, 8, Yemen. “Whenever I saw him, I hid. I hated to see him,” Tehani (in pink) recalls of the early days of her marriage to Majed, when she was 6 and he was 25. The young wife posed for a portrait with former classmate Ghada, also a child bride, outside their home in Hajjah.
cc: seun, lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Rajani, 5, India. Long after midnight, Rajani is roused from sleep and carried by her uncle to her wedding. Child marriage is illegal in India, so ceremonies are often held in the wee hours of the morning. It becomes a secret the whole village keeps, explained one farmer

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Bibi Aisha, 19, Afghanistan. In a practice known as "baad," Bibi Aisha's father promised her to a Taliban fighter when she was 6 years old as compensation for a killing that a member of her family had committed. She was married at 16 and subjected to constant abuse. At 18, she fled the abuse but was caught by police, jailed and then returned to her family. Her father-in-law, husband and three other family members took her into the mountains, cut off her nose and her ears, and left her to die. “I was a woman exchanged for someone else’s wrongdoing. [My new husband] was looking for an excuse to beat me.”

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2015
Asia, 14, Yemen. Asia washes her newborn at home in Hajjah while her 2-year-old daughter plays. Asia is still bleeding and ill from childbirth, yet has no knowledge of how to care for herself or access to maternal health care.

2 Shares

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2015
Mejgon, 16, Afghanistan. Mejgon weeps in the arms of her case worker near fellow residents at an NGO shelter run by Afghan women in Herat, Afghanistan. Mejgon’s father sold her at the age of 11 to a 60-year-old man for two boxes of heroin.

2 Shares

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Leyualem is transported by mule to her new home on her wedding day. The men later said the cloth was placed over her head so she would not be able to find her way back home, should she want to escape the marriage.

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Sarita, 15, India. Sarita is seen in tears before she is sent to her new home with her new groom. The previous day, she and her 8-year-old sister Maya were married to sibling brothers.

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2015
Faiz, 40, and Ghulam, 11, Afghanistan. Ghulam and Faiz sit for a portrait in her home before their wedding in Afghanistan. According to the U.S. Department of State report “Human Rights Practices for 2011,” approximately 60 percent of girls were married younger than the legal age of 16. Once the girl's father has agreed to the engagement, she is pulled out of school immediately.

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Bishal, 15, and Surita, 16, Nepal. Bishal accepts gifts from visitors as his new bride, Surita, sits bored at her new home. Here in Nepal, as in many countries, not only girls, but boys too are married young.

2 Shares

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by raayah(f): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Destaye, 11, and Addisu, 23, Ethiopia. Addisu and his new bride Destaye are married in a traditional Ethiopian Orthodox wedding in the rural areas outside the city of Gondar, Ethiopia. Community members said that because of his standing as a priest, Addisu’s bride had to be a virgin. This was the reason Destaye was given to him at such a young age.

1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2015
raayah:
Bishal, 15, and Surita, 16, Nepal. Bishal accepts gifts from visitors as his new bride, Surita, sits bored at her new home. Here in Nepal, as in many countries, not only girls, but boys too are married young.

The boy and girl bride and groom in the accompanying photo be like.....

We don't want to be here....but our parents made us do this.

Sigh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2015
raayah:
Rajani, 5, India. Long after midnight, Rajani is roused from sleep and carried by her uncle to her wedding. Child marriage is illegal in India, so ceremonies are often held in the wee hours of the morning. It becomes a secret the whole village keeps, explained one farmer

Five year old kid....that does not know her left from her right...married?

I respect all cultures, and all that....but this is ...... sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Baba419(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2015
So wrong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2015
raayah:
Faiz, 40, and Ghulam, 11, Afghanistan. Ghulam and Faiz sit for a portrait in her home before their wedding in Afghanistan. According to the U.S. Department of State report “Human Rights Practices for 2011,” approximately 60 percent of girls were married younger than the legal age of 16. Once the girl's father has agreed to the engagement, she is pulled out of school immediately.

They look like father and daughter....not bride and groom.

(ie the picture).

And the funny thing is that she will be calling him daddy.....sigh. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Dyt(f): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Sighs
This is
I don't have the name for it
Am shivering

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2015
raayah:
Destaye, 11, and Addisu, 23, Ethiopia. Addisu and his new bride Destaye are married in a traditional Ethiopian Orthodox wedding in the rural areas outside the city of Gondar, Ethiopia. Community members said that because of his standing as a priest, Addisu’s bride had to be a virgin. This was the reason Destaye was given to him at such a young age.

Yes...they gave him a child...because the good Reverend ain't preaching from that bible hard enough at the young ladies......

Yes...the ladies in Rev Addisu's patch are all worshipers of our Lady Venus...or is it Lady Astarte? (And the men are all devotees of Zeus)... grin

Welll....as dem dash am eleven year old virgin.,....I hope say dem ready to dash am the money wey him go spend on cesarean delivery....because if he wants no complications when she is offloading the pickins....na money dem go spend.Anyway...as my oga used to say...if una fit climb woman...una fit take responsibilities for am(including VVF in this case... grin).

Sometimes we Christians self and our holy holy......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by bellong: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2015
These are stories that not only touch the hearts but paralyses the system....

What a world..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2015
What a system! cry cry

Men!meen!meeeeeeen!

I don't blame those that hate and fight men cry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2015
All the atrocities humans have committed in the name of culture is enough to strike everyone dead. SMH. Its a sin to be a female in india and middle east. I weep for their girls.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2015
Gosh , in tears right now, those poor little girls

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by chinnelle(f): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2015
embarassed cry
jeeeeeeez!
that lil girl bathing her new born made me cry cry
These places are the worst to be born female

ma noro hia na eri alafia, umuazi ndea ana atagbuo oweha na ahuhu . chai!

5 Likes

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2015
Horrified!

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by stinggy(m): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Five year old kid....that does not know her left from her right...married?
I respect all cultures, and all that....but this is ...... sad

This I think is crazy, let's call a spade a spade.
What the f does a 5-yr old know. Wonder how a grown man would even ever imagine drilling such a minor.
Gross!

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by 2sa2: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is terrible! A 5 year old is a baby.

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by pretydiva(f): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dis is so barbaric. And so many families still practice such in dis 21st century. May God deliver us frm poverty

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
Some people shall not smell heaven, let alone be in one. Barbarians angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by misfab(f): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
this is sooo.... cry
no words to describe this evil.

thank God for christianity

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by AndreRose(f): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
What sort of culture is this? This is just preposterous and inhuman. How can parents keep their hands at akimbo and let the child go through such ordeal? Oh gosh! I weep for the poor kids.

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Chimarto: 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Where is Buhari and Aisha? this post is incomplete without them @OP

3 Likes

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
They're just children themselves

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by kellyJames5(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Now these kids are the ones to give you the REAL definition of suffer!
Chai! The heart of man is desperately wicked!!.

1 Like

Re: Shocking photos of Young girls forced into marriage [pictures] by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
raayah:
Asia, 14, Yemen. Asia washes her newborn at home in Hajjah while her 2-year-old daughter plays. Asia is still bleeding and ill from childbirth, yet has no knowledge of how to care for herself or access to maternal health care.

14 and has a 2 year old daughter... so she became pregnant at 11 or 12... This is horrifying cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Pregnant His Mother / Your husband cheats. Now what? / House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.