Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk (3514 Views)

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? / I Lost My Baby To A System Failure / Baby Takes Strange Form At Birth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2015
Please mothers in the house I need your help. I have a one year old baby who has practically lived on breastmilk till now. I did the 6 months exclusive for her and didn't give her water even. At 6 months, I bought Aptamil for her which she didn't take. I was told to try other formula for her and cereals too and I began buying all sorts which she also did not take. There is no cereal/formula I know and have heard about which I have not bought for her. I also started giving her home-made foods, yet no way. I did the mixed pap and grinded soya beans mixed with crayfish, fish, and groundnut, yet the story is same. The most she will do is take a spoon and that will be all. When she turned one, I bought Milo and NAN 123 for her, she refused it. I tried imported Ovaltine and Bournvita too, story is same. She won't even take biscuits or juice. I have tried the Gerber and Cow and Gate stuffs, no way there too. I am very worried and cry whenever I see her very flat tummy. The ironic thing is she is very strong and smart. The day I saw her do the 'shoki' dance when a neighbour was singing, I was shocked. Please what can I do to make her eat? I give her Wellkid Multivitamin.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by Dyt(f): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2015
U have to force her to eat
Like be mean
No breastmilk
If its for u to hold her firm to put in her mouth
Do it
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by adanduka: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Stop breastfeeding her. Just stop.
Sometimes you have to force kids to eat. Yellow pap with Nan and other solid foods like rice and eba will do.
Feeding 1 year kids pap is easy. Hold them like a baby and firmly restrain their hands and legs and give the pap.
Keep trying different fruits, there must be some she likes.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2015
Dyt:
U have to force her to eat
Like be mean
No breastmilk
If its for u to hold her firm to put in her mouth
Do it

I force feed her with cereal or pap and milk when I get someone who can. I don't know how to do it myself. There is a grandma in my house who helps but my baby kicks her strongly that I feel bad asking her to do it again.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2015
adanduka:
Stop breastfeeding her. Just stop.
Sometimes you have to force kids to eat. Yellow pap with Nan and other solid foods like rice and eba will do.
Feeding 1 year kids pap is easy. Hold them like a baby and firmly restrain their hands and legs and give the pap.
Keep trying different fruits, there must be some she likes.

She is not walking well yet so I don't want to stop breastfeeding now. I try to feed her pap that way but she spits it out. She can only take it in the traditional way of force feeding babies. Please do you know any fruits I can try again? I've done banana, mango, mashed apple, cooked carrot, grapes and oranges. She used to take pineapple with her dad but not again. She eats few grains of rice and like 4 strings of noodles.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by adanduka: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
solidhomes:

She is not walking well yet so I don't want to stop breastfeeding now. I try to feed her pap that way but she spits it out. She can only take it in the traditional way of force feeding babies. Please do you know any fruits I can try again? I've done banana, mango, mashed apple, cooked carrot, grapes and oranges. She used to take pineapple with her dad but not again. She eats few grains of rice and like 4 strings of noodles.

Madam, breastfeeding does not improve baby steps. Weaning is necessary for your baby to develop and for you to save your breast additional gravitational pull. Your baby needs other foods to get the needed nutrients which breast milk at this age will not give her.
You want the best for your child and I am sure you are trying. Just continue cos that's what mothers do- persevere.
You've tried most fruits, just continue to make them available even if she handles a bite per meal.
For solids, have you tried soft EBA with ogbono/okro soup?
Kids generally improve on their appetites as they grow older.
Cheers!
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by prettyjo(f): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
solidhomes:

she is up to a year and not walking well yet,madam I think you are the one over pampering this child.Stop all form of breast milk and FORCE her to eat.
children learn easily,by the time she realizes that you are very serious,she will start complying. goodluck
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
adanduka:

Madam, breastfeeding does not improve baby steps. Weaning is necessary for your baby to develop and for you to save your breast additional gravitational pull. Your baby needs other foods to get the needed nutrients which breast milk at this age will not give her.
You want the best for your child and I am sure you are trying. Just continue cos that's what mothers do- persevere.
You've tried most fruits, just continue to make them available even if she handles a bite per meal.
For solids, have you tried soft EBA with ogbono/okro soup?
Kids generally improve on their appetites as they grow older.
Cheers!

Thanks, ma'am. I've tried eba and ogbono soup too. Like you said, I'll keep trying and pray one day I stumble on something she can't resist eating.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
prettyjo:

she is up to a year and not walking well yet,madam I think you are the one over pampering this child.Stop all form of breast milk and FORCE her to eat.
children learn easily,by the time she realizes that you are very serious,she will start complying. goodluck

She just turned one on Saturday. And how do I not pamper a baby who is just a year and few days old? If I succeed in forcing food into her mouth, will I force her to swallow it too? And I don't know how to do the traditional force feeding with pap or cereal. Please if you know what I can do to make her swallow the foods that go into her mouth, tell me please.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by Coldplay007(f): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
solidhomes:

She just turned one on Saturday. And how do I not pamper a baby who is just a year and few days old? If I succeed in forcing food into her mouth, will I force her to swallow it too? And I don't know how to do the traditional force feeding with pap or cereal. Please if you know what I can do to make her swallow the foods that go into her mouth, tell me please.

Breast milk alone is not adequate for a 1 year old.. that's why she's not walking.. she's malnourished..
You need to be firm woman...
STOP breast feeding that baby... and feed her, after hunger has dealt with her she will start taking food...
Your child will suffer from failure to achieve developmental milestones if you dont give her food..
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
Coldplay007:

Breast milk alone is not adequate for a 1 year old.. that's why she's not walking.. she's malnourished..
You need to be firm woman...
STOP breast feeding that baby... and feed her, after hunger has dealt with her she will start taking food...
Your child will suffer from failure to achieve developmental milestones if you dont give her food..

Lol @ she's malnourished. My friend's baby eats everything called food and is yet to walk at 14 months. Is he over-nourished? I've left her with my niece few times when I had to go for business meetings and it's the same story. What I want to know is other foods I can try. Abi I should bring her to you for a day? Maybe you can help me perform the magic.
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by Deveangel: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
[color=#006600][/color] am also having the same issue with my baby. please what was the solution you later used
Re: My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk by solidhomes: 11:54pm On May 09, 2021
Deveangel:
[color=#006600][/color] am also having the same issue with my baby. please what was the solution you later used

Absolutely nothing o. I stopped breastfeeding her at 18 months and she still refused to eat food like that. I just kept trying everything good for her. Later found she loves to eat eba or amala with either ewedu or okra soup. She's 7 now and it's still her best food. She is still very selective when it comes to food but the ones she likes to eat, she eats them well. Just keep trying until you find a way. All the best, sis.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Must See This: Five Health Hazard Of Waste Training / Fibroids Permanent Treatment! Good News........ / Do Anyone Know Of Any Affordable Gym In Egbeda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.