Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? (43877 Views)

Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!! / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk / Does Pressing Or Sucking Make bosom Loose Or Increase Size? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 12:59pm On May 31, 2015
Recently, during a discussion, I heard for the first time that breastmilk goes bad (becomes sour) in the breast if a nursing mother doesn't breastfeed for a long time say 6-7 hours.
As I tried to argue that it couldn't be possible, a nursing mother told me that it is a fact from experience.
Another woman also told me about her neighbour, a nursing mum, who comes back from work and due to the long period she hasn't breastfed the baby, she has to pour cold water on her breast and let's the accumulated milk run off before breastfeeding her baby.
They claim feeding a baby that milk will cause the baby to vomit, stool and become ill.

Well, I had to do my research, thanks to the internet, we are exposed to a vast wealth of knowledge.

I think these women are wrong.
However, I would want to know what your opinions are.
Spinsters and bachelors, you most likely have no contribution to make so I hereby invite mothers to tell us more.

Illiteracy is a disease and I have promised some mothers I'll be letting them in on my findings.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 1:03pm On May 31, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Kasimaramma2(f): 1:09pm On May 31, 2015
Off course it does go sour!milk is proteinous.if egg that is proteinous can get rotten,how much more can breastmilk?...breastmilk gets sour easily compared to egg because the milk from the mammary glands in the breast react with certain enzymes in the breast.
adanduka:
Recently, during a discussion, I heard for the first time that breastmilk goes bad (becomes sour) in the breast if a nursing mother doesn't breastfeed for a long time say 6-7 hours.
As I tried to argue that it couldn't be possible, a nursing mother told me that it is a fact from experience.
Another woman also told me about her neighbour, a nursing mum, who comes back from work and due to the long period she hasn't breastfed the baby, she has to pour cold water on her breast and let's the accumulated milk run off before breastfeeding her baby.
They claim feeding a baby that milk will cause the baby to vomit, stool and become ill.

Well, I had to do my research, thanks to the internet, we are exposed to a vast wealth of knowledge.

I think these women are wrong.
However, I would want to know what your opinions are.
Spinsters and bachelors, you most likely have no contribution to make so I hereby invite mothers to tell us more.

Illiteracy is a disease and I have promised some mothers I'll be letting them in on my findings.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 31, 2015
Una questions for NL sha....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 1:18pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Off course it does go sour!milk is proteinous.if egg that is proteinous can get rotten,how much more can breastmilk?...breastmilk gets sour easily compared to egg because the milk from the mammary glands in the breast react with certain enzymes in the breast.

So you are saying that breastmilk inside the breast can get sour because it is protein and an enzyme in the breast is responsible. I am here to learn and be able to defend my final position on this.
Please what is the name of this enzyme in the breast?

lalasticlala please can this get to front page?

11 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Kasimaramma2(f): 1:26pm On May 31, 2015
adanduka:

So you are saying that breastmilk inside the breast can get sour because it is protein and an enzyme in the breast is responsible. I am here to learn and be able to defend my final position on this.
Please what is the name of this enzyme in the breast?

lalasticlala please can this get to front page?
hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacte excessively with the milk,it gets sour

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by indiraserv: 1:35pm On May 31, 2015
May I ask does blood get bad in the veins or arteries?
Unless for some reason its starts to Clot.....or it is exposed
Same as breast milk in my opinion,I don't think it does.....although it is proteinous and protein is highly degradable ....
It not likely breastmilk will get bad in the bosom...
Unless after several days and even at that the woman will feel the pain like she is about to stop breastfeeding

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Young03(m): 2:01pm On May 31, 2015
Argumentative essay

wunt comment cus am still a bachelor
am herre to learn

oya make una continue

3 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by amiskurie(m): 2:09pm On May 31, 2015
cheesy grin

So,this is y u should never do shakara o...give it out free.
Beg us sef!

6 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by niceguy7(m): 2:32pm On May 31, 2015
If i hear.....
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
I'm out already..............Tell Aregbesola to pay worker's salary in Osun.
Land 4 sale.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Pangea: 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
Of course grin
Today is my birthday , At least 50 Likes will be okay from you guys wink

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nicepoker(m): 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
,ask the nursing mothers of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by tociano009(m): 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
Like peak milk like bossom milk

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by angelTI(f): 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
Let's hear from nursing mothers...
Ask seemples, she knows
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Ignatio(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2015
Nawa o. Which kind question be this? undecided

Mother's oya come tell us.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by baybeeboi: 2:35pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

well, am not countering ur point of view.
But should you be comparing breast still inside the living being with egg that's already being laid?

26 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Saurab: 2:35pm On May 31, 2015
I haven't tasted any bad one yet.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by moreInchies: 2:35pm On May 31, 2015
wait mah check mine first..

see my signature for your penile enlargement
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by SammyT95(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Estimable(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
Reading comments......happy sunday pals

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by cold(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
Yes na
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by portaableg(f): 2:37pm On May 31, 2015
Why Stupid question....period.

Well if only Sp..m goes bad too.

12 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 31, 2015
But that's the ansa iin front of uu na
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adexsimply(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2015
You go fear question
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by DJEhimond(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Present sir!
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Rexhenrex(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
just here to read comments
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by ZYZZA: 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
Does sperm go bad in the joystick

10 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Judolisco(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
U have answered d question nd u r still asking us again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ultra-modern Mother & Child Hospital In Rivers: Wike’s Administration Legacy / Leaving The House Without A Handkerchief / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.