Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge (18430 Views)

APC Promises ‘igbo Presidency’, Vows To Bury PDP / At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / Igbo APC Lagos Rally. PICTURES... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by chival(f): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dollarjunkie:
Its like these guys are insane to think that second Niger Bridge is all Ndi-Igbo wants. They should first of all give Lagos residents toll free roads before talking of toll free bridge for the South Easterners. One thing I can swear with my life is that APC can never never never ever talk about 2nd Niger bridge if elected (future impossible tense) not to talk of revoking already awarded one... Jhorr.... Tell that to the mumu APSHITS! You can't buy us with that BULLSHIT! Even if una like, promise us heaven on earth, Buhari can never never never ever smell Aso Rock again.

GEJ TILL Tinubu/FASH-OLE stop collecting toll fee from Lagosians.

Don't mind them. As far as they are concerned, that's the carrot. They dangle the 2nd Niger Bridge in our faces and we come running. It irks me to think that they think us that simple minded.

5 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by OLUJAY4REAL: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
alaoeri:
Ndigbo won't you rather vote for GMB than that clueless drunkard that promised & failed wink.

If u call someone (GEJ) clueless drunkard what will u call d one that said he would stabilize global crude oil price, make #1 to be equal to $1? For ur info d APC states are the places where d citizens especially d civil servants pay d highest taxes. Osun State is a good example. To say an APC government will cancel toll gate fees in d face of dwindking oil revenue is a deceit of the highest order!

5 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by loomer: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
How can a party that are known to multiple taxing and tolling be talking toll free? If it was NCP or PDP I will believe. APC need to stop the desperation and deception

I pray their desperation doesn't plunge us as a nation
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by NobleG1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
PDP has been in power for almost 16 years and has looted more than10 times the money it invested on Nigerians.

PDP is the most corrupt and incompetent political party in the world. It MUST go, for a Change to come!

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
loomer:

I for vote but I no de around
Chair, sad! But no problem, we the electorates won't disappoint
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by sCun: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
LRNZH:

Please do not mix up things here.

A state government bridge is not the same as a federal government bridge. Lekki-Ikoyi suspension link bridge is wholly state sponsored and the first of its kind in Nigeria. That's is Lagos State issue.

Under GEJ, the 2nd Niger Bridge will be the only tolled FG bridge in Nigeria. What have the Ndi-Igbo done to deserve this injustice? Let GEJ/PDP build one toll bridge each geopolitical zone to be fair.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J
Lekki is the ONLY tolled bridge in the whole of Nigeria at the moment, state or Federal, and it is in an APC state.

3 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
What many of Nairalanders do not understand selfishly and willingly fall to seek knowledge about is; the Presidential election is gonna be decided by Ethnicity and Religion sentiments respectively.
GEJ administration major achievement is the creation of a wide gap between the North and South amongst the extremist Nigerians.
The Core-Norrherners will vote for GMB regardless to their respective States or residence, while the Core-Southerners would do the same.
How many Southerners registered or have collected their PVCs? Compare the Numbers of Northerners who have collected their PVCs to the Southerners, then you gonna clearly understood that NO WAY GEJ will win the election if it is free and fair.
The earlier Ibos understand the present situation, the earliest it's better for the region.
I am proudly belonging to a class of Moderate Nigerians!
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by CR77(f): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lol
Ventura1:

I wanted to reply you harshly but decide to check your previous postS. THEN DISCOVER THAT YOU NO WELL grin
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by tonquendo4u(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
loomer:

IF NO BE SENTIMENT ON TRIBAL AND RELIGIOUS ISSUES, IF WE ARE TO GO BUY THE PROMISES OF APC, THEM GO LOOSE ELECTION.

the truth is, tolls de very essential to d development of a state or country, especially when u wan encourage public transportation.

The only bad side for Nigeria be say the money de always go some people pocket.

yes. Like d one in Lekki. Its ignorance dt kills Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by loomer: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
Chair, sad! But no problem, we the electorates won't disappoint

I trust, my fear is just the violence that might ensue in d North, should things not go the way they hoped

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by PointB: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
11. But the people spoke against him saying “Are you not the zealot king who put our fathers in dungeons, beat our children with horse-whips, enslaved our young men in fear and worry, and destroyed our windmills. Surely, you would do worse if given another chance!”

12. Another arose saying, “Is this not our ancient king, Mumu the son of Hari the cattle herder, wherefore did he learn the modern art of statesmanship? Show therefore thy seal of knowledge, that we may know that thou art indeed learned, diligent and able to lead us”

13. Whereupon, Mumu the son of Hari, frail by age, and wrinkled by pain and anger did address the people saying, “Verily, I swear by our laws, my seal of knowledge rests in the chamber of stronghold in the custody of their high scribe! Now let us hasten to make me king that I may defeat e-cow!”

14. But the people continue to murmur saying “He spoke untrue words; he possesses no seal of knowledge. Show us thy seal of knowledge!”

From Tribulation of Jonah
https://www.nairaland.com/2174898/tribulation-jonah-chapter-one-verses#31228334

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by neocortex: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
I trust my IGBO brothers and sisters , they are too wise to be cajoled by the Liar Party(a.ka APC) empty promises.

GEJ:PROGRESS

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by loomer: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
tonquendo4u:
yes. Like d one in Lekki. Its ignorance dt kills Nigerians

It's not ignorance my bro, its tribalism.....

Who go school reach us for Africa?

They keep saying corruption is Nigeria's greatest problem, but I say it's tribalism.
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by leanalyst: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
APC in all their states haven't done anything free. For all their works, there is always a price for it. Look at Edo and Lagos state as examples. I can neva believe them to do anything free.

2 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Bigcake: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
LRNZH:

A state government bridge is not the same as a federal government bridge. Lekki-Ikoyi suspension link bridge is wholly state sponsored and the first of its kind in Nigeria. That's is Lagos State issue.

Under GEJ, the 2nd Niger Bridge will be the only tolled FG bridge in Nigeria. What have the Ndi-Igbo done to deserve this injustice? Let GEJ/PDP build one toll bridge each geopolitical zone to be fair.

How much has your father contributed for the building of the bridge? Everything must be free abi?

2 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by tonquendo4u(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
loomer:

It's not ignorance my bro, its tribalism.....

Who go school reach us for Africa?

They keep saying corruption is Nigeria's greatest problem, but I say it's tribalism.

it's tribalism bro. But still, ignorance plays a part. U won't believe it till u interview an okada rider or a bus driver and u will c how most of dem reason. And such people make up majority of d populace
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Mrbigman1(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari has defiled all senses.

U came to Anambra to solicit for vote from the mass, but u left cos u dnt seems dem important but rather an international community.

It's a pity to see APC loosing grassroot politics onces more.

How can u be making promises on behalf of someone else?

It's so funny.

PDP have been campaigning strongly in the west cos it a region of strong divide and buhari dnt really know that at d end of d day, he'd just get 10 percent in the southeast and southsouth and middle belt and have a 50 -50 case in the west.

North as I see and hear from friends over dia is gonna be a shocking news to both PDP and APC

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by loomer: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
tonquendo4u:
it's tribalism bro. But still, ignorance plays a part. U won't believe it till u interview an okada rider or a bus driver and u will c how most of dem reason. And such people make up majority of d populace

Only God go help us cos I'm so scared for the country

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Kokorokoo: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=15pt]U NO FIT DECEIVE US...[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Digriz(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
Demallcrazy:

After ur death ba?

Pray 4 urself to see good things while alive & not curse urself to always be seein bad tinz angry
Am sure u are a Buhari supporter, keep dreaming. He's never the Messiah u are waiting for including GEJ.
Future may be next ten or eight years,mentioning it doesn't mean 100yrs bcus I can see that u finds it hard comprehending english language.
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by chiedu7: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=14pt]APC RULES LAGOS STATE AND THEY COLLECT TOLLS AT LEKI!

HOW DO THEY EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THEY WILL REMOVE TOLLS IN THE EAST?

LIES AGAIN!
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by taharqa: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kokorokoo:
[size=18pt]APC IS A LIE![/size]e

Lolz grin

Very appropriate clique

2 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by jkross(m): 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
Gej is able to do all he said he will do..dnt give up on him cos he wont give up on u..with God by his side...he is able....

GEJ till Buhari get fat

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by sirwilly1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
1LRNZH:
[img]http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/riZQK7xBvNRGl3N1dFPq7jn-VhJrb1J9utNqlBHDd4jnO_YMHqPT49juiALSjPzGi_pADElmXEfPbSkqufrg8CBvesiFFTUsuXYCMaziAHi4tZq8kH3Y9ZJVqHwXsjcEw1k=w412-h250-nc[/img]

THE All Progressives Congress, APC, has promised that it would build toll –free 2nd Niger Bridge if elected into office on Saturday, vowing to revoke the ongoing contract awarded by the present administration under Public, Private, Partnership, PPP, with provision for toll collection.

The APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, who spoke through Chief Audu Ogbeh, one of the leaders of the party and former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, during the town hall meeting organized in Onitsha, Anambra State, said it was not fair for the PDP government to be contemplating building a bridge in which users would be paying toll fees,
when the country has the resources to build the bridge for the people.

According to Ogbeh, money for the building of the bridge would be saved from plugging the avenues of financial corruption that had tended to impoverish the country and her people by those in authority.

He said that the present government has been spending nearly 90% of the country’s income on recurrent expenditure where the high corruption is embedded, adding that an APC government would ensure that the resources of the country were properly accounted for and used for the benefit of Nigerians.

Ogbeh also regretted that the economy of the South East geo-political zone has been on the downward trend because of the unfavourable government policies, assuring that APC would reverse the situation when it takes over power in May this year.

He said: “The South East is the place Nigeria’s industrial revolution will take place. We recall that many industries took off in this part of the country, but unfavourable structural adjustments led to the collapse of most of the industries. The APC sees South East as a strategic zone for the survival of Nigeria industrially, but with the present situation, it is very difficult for the industries to survive.”

He also said that APC believes that power must rotate among the geo-political zones, assuring that the best bet for the Igbo to occupy the office of the president of Nigeria is for them to support Buhari in 2015. He also said that the whole of the South East cities would be linked by rail, just as the party would properly dredge the River Niger to make it possible for the business community to clear their goods in Onitsha.

Chairman of the town hall meeting, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, who was a former president of Ohaneze Ndigbo said there is need for the Igbo to support Buhari because of their desire to return to the center of action in Nigeria.
He said: “We need a toll –free 2nd Niger Bridge because no bridge in Nigeria is on toll. We hope that if Buhari comes to office on May 29, 2015, the bridge will be completed by 2018.

“Also, 32 years after the commissioning of Onitsha River Port, no ship has berthed there, just as the Aba Dry Port also commissioned several years ago has remained abandoned.”

He pleaded with Nigerian leaders not to push Igbo out of the country as their actions tend to portray, and made a personal request on APC that he would like to see an Igbo president before he dies.

The Onitsha town hall meeting, however, failed to live up to its billing due to the absence of the APC presidential candidate.

Though the event was billed to start by 1pm, the entourage that eventually addressed the gathering arrived at 5.46 pm.

Former governor of Anambra State and senatorial candidate for Anambra Central, Senator Chris Ngige, while explaining Buhari’s absence, said the APC candidate had to attend an urgent meeting with ECOWAS commission in Abuja, adding that he therefore had to travel to Abuja after APC rally in Owerri.
He explained that Buhari might still make it to Onitsha before Saturday’s election, regretting his inability to speak with the people directly.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/apc-promises-toll-free-2nd-niger-bridge/
Rubbish. First Niger bridge get toll before?

3 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
LRNZH:

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by dexterinc2003: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
If jona should even accidentally win,then i will know stealing is not corruption in naija,nigerians truly feserve the kind of leaders they have.
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by tyrone07(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Blooodclaat liars!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by reaky(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
kolonigga:
Igbo people love Buhari due to his integrity and honesty

He will definitely get at least 30% vote there.

Sai Buhari
Sai Osinbajo

Oga I swear ur not igbo

1 Like

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by XBLadez: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
APC campaign strategy is not just annoying but foolish! Pa Buhari swore to equal naira and dollar and now they're promising a toll-free bridge for Ndi Igbos. Who are Ndi Igbos if not us.

IGBO KWENU! Anyi na APC enweghi mmekorita! angry angry angry

GEJ KA ANYI MA!

Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by 989900: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Toll fee is not a bad thing if the service is worth the fee+if the fee is not going into some thief's pocket.
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by Chigold101(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dominiquez:
Dreamers should not dare us, let them remove the toll at Lekki first.

bunch of thieves.
chai! You sabi something joor.
Let them start from that one first.
Re: NDI-IGBO: APC Promises Toll-Free 2nd Niger Bridge by tayolove12(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dominiquez:
Dreamers should not dare us, let them remove the toll at Lekki first.

bunch of thieves.

The most reasonable someone in nairaland.....na true talk yu dey yawn bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Silent Over Obasanjo's Letter After Tinubu, Akande & Buhari's Meeting / Senator Dino Melaye Sings And Talks About His Allegation / House Leadership: PDP Governors Split Over Wike’s Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.