Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article (27255 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / $550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / Ishaya Bamaiyi: "Nothing Like Abacha Loot, It Is A Media Creation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by tunnary(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2015
hw do i get my own share of it since thrers no job
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by nagoma(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2015
ogene007:

Buhari's issue with Umaru Dikko was personal vendetta and had nothing to do with Buhari being n upright person. I hope you have not forgotten about the 53 suitcases, or may be you were just a toddler then or had not been born. We who witnessed all these know better, and fortunately, majority of the voting population know better, GEJ all the way.

The amount of Dollars found in Oristejafors Jet in South Africa could buy 20 million of those suitcases which were family shopping.

Remember the jet itself was given to the bling bling pastor by the corrupt president.
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by hamilton62(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Shubbylee:

LOL! I've made my point Sir!! Vote with your head and not only your heart!! It was nice discussing with u!! the 1st time I'll have a mature insultless discussion with a GEJ supporter on NL!! May God help Nigeria conduct a free, fair, credible and violence-free elections!! Change is coming!
Insult typifies low of us brother, we all want the better for Nigeria as Nigerians and I also join hands with you in prayer for a free, fair, credible and viloence-free elections... Don't worry, we will make it and there must be more productivity though I am not a fan of this change stuff because their politicians didn't fall from heaven too and they can't give us change but we expect positive results if GEJ or GMB is the winner and that's what will expect of anyone who wins.
Thanks for the conversation.
God bless and be safe!
One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by Hero10001: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:
buhari you can lie...
Everybody knows the truth, buhari is an illiterate dictator who has no knowledge about democracy, service and protocols and he won't change.
Imagine buhari saying i will make N1 equivalent to $1 ?!! Any sane educated fellow will know that it takes more to do that.
A fool at forty is a fool forever..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by BraniacX(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2015
efilefun:
God bless you all as you head to the polls to vote in the people's general and send the shoeless drunkard back to otueke, enough of corruption and lies
We are wiser and no lies can save your sorry a$$ anymore

Vote GMB/PYO
Sai Buhari
Change!!!!!!

Sorry oh!

Meanwhile since a corrupt government is worse than armed robbery, when will we arrest buhari a member of the abacha robbery squad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by billyG(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2015
SOME1 shld tell d fuulish poser that d last time i check Abacha son mohammed abacha was in PDP contesting kano guber election curtesy stealing is not corruption or how much abacha stole self wey dem no want his spirit 2 rest.
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by BraniacX(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2015
GenBuhari:
[size=25pt]Abacha was no looter
Tell me a looter that declined Billions in IMF loans before?

Below Swiss court documents proves that money allegedly (as nobody has ever confirmed they have seen it in Nigeria's treasury coffers) returned labelled as "Abacha Loot" was not proven to belong to Abacha before it was allegedly returned:[/size]

http://www.mcswisslaw.com/pages_e/2008%20Monfrini%20-%20The%20Abacha%20Case.pdf

"
The existence of a system of confiscation orders that is independent from a criminal conviction is therefore a necessity in grand corruption
cases. In this context, reversing the burden of proof or imposing procedural consequences on the failure of the asset holder to cooperate
regarding the origin of the assets, appear to be best legislative practice. The presumption of innocence does not necessarily apply to
confiscation proceedings and ‘presumptions of fact or of law operate in every criminal-law system and are not prohibited in principle’ and
therefore do not breach the right to a fair trial.28"

This is 21 page document but the above extract is very revealing indeed.

Basically, by qualifying Abacha's family members together with PDP stooges claiming to be Abacha's business associates as a 'Criminal Organisation', Nigeria Government does not need to prove that the funds in the foreign accounts belonged to Abacha, The Onus was on Abacha to proof that he was innocent of the charges.

Of course a deceased man could not do that.
Abacha's son Mohammed could not fully challenge the allegations as he was locked up by Obasanjo.

Till this very day Abacha family have never been given visa to attend Swiss courts and defend the allegations of looting.

Oh! And that is your excuse

Okay tell me, is Jonathan guilty of corruption?
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by YourAncestor: 11:35am On Mar 28, 2015
openmine:

selfishness...wat if one of d policemen dat was killed by d buhari-led robbers was ur brother or uncle or even ur own father ?
wud u still vote for him?? Oya answer grin grin grin
Yes, I will still vote for him. Any other thing you have to say ?
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by openmine(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2015
YourAncestor:

Yes, I will still vote for him. Any other thing you have to say ?
So sentimental grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....thanks man....dat all i wanted 2 know...dats ur choice not mine grin grin grin grin
Re: Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article by infostreamngr: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
Nigeria's Most Controversial Show, The angry citizen, takes on Nigeria's most controversial election! Babaniyen and Slimm take on the PDP and APC, Buhari and Goodluck Jonathan - and battle it out for peoples votes, also they discuss about other political parties.

Babaniyen say the cost of living is too high and there no point voting for the present government.

Slimm wants Nigeria to have her first female president.

Nigeria's elections have been postponed to the 28th March after problems with security and distribution of voters cards. one will wonder if the 3 weeks actually worth the postponement,we look at the politricks this politician are using,looking at why there is no enough fuel despite the reduction on the price of P.M.S, the devaluation of the Naira.

"If the drink is dark and it doesn't taste like coke - the content in this drink and show have been MIXED! Go and get the Producer!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHj3ZkfvG_o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arrest Of Card Reader Company Technicians Won’t Affect Elections, Jega / Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed / Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.