Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? (680 Views)

No Going Back On Magu’s Rejection – Senators / Al-Makura: Salary Cut, No Going Back / 7days To Presidential Polls- Why You Must Vote Goodluck! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? by samuelson06(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
ELECTION DAY:

STAGE 1: ACCREDITATION

Step 1: Go to the Polling Unit you were
registered with your voter registration card and
join the queue

Step 2: Present your Voter registration card to
the INEC official and ensure that your name is
the register.

Culled from:
https://www.nairaland.com/2213535/what-day-election-polling-unit#31945336

Why is INEC asking us to go back to the same Polling Unit we registered for the card before we can vote? I thought that we'll be using the Smart Card Reader for Verification/Validation of the PVC that it belongs to the bearer of the card. What's the point of taking us backward again? I did my registration as far back as 2011 and hence I don't know why INEC expect I should still be where I was then. If they expect that I travel back to where I registered, am sorry, let's forget about it. And not just me, so many would not be voting because of this reason. I think this idea doesn't make sense. At the end of the day, we'll be counting votes cast based on earlier verification/validation of the voters and NOT number of people registered before the election. Atleast, you must have registered, got your PVC before coming for verification/validation to vote. So what's the point?
Re: Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? by MRLINGTON(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Helps u get verified nd helps d officials know u ain't using a cloned PVC
Re: Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? by samuelson06(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
MRLINGTON:
Helps u get verified nd helps d officials know u ain't using a cloned PVC

Cloned PVC? Can't the Card Reader detect that and hence verifies me?

1 Like

Re: Polls: Why Going Back To Where We Registered Before Voting? by samuelson06(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2015
More reasons why this is not necessary:

Prof. Attahiru Jega Enlight People On Funtions of Card Reader.

"The card reader does the following"- Prof. Attahiru Jega

"4 Things The Card Reader Does:

1) Reads Only INEC Issued PVCs

2) Voter Verification Using embedded chip.

3) Voter authentication using biometrics

4) Keep PVC Record"

- Prof. Attahiru Jega
INEC National Chairman.

Check The Photo Below About The Functions Of Card Readers:

[img] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA2x6GPUcAEqHs3.jpg [/img]

Source: http://dailyafricagist.com/discussion/2841/suggest

(1) (Reply)

Military Confines Aljazeera Reporters To Hotel In Maiduguri- Daily Trust / Before You Go To Vote, READ THIS / Leaked Video: Inec Staff, Coppers Collude With Pdp To Rig Elections In Akwa-ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.