Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,504 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards (27763 Views)

How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) / Students Lie-Down To Receive Lessons In A Ghanaian School (snapshot) / Nigerian And Ghanaian Students Suspended In UK University Over 'jollof Rice' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
and to think of secondary schools paying up to 2mil per session in Nigeria. What are they now teaching them?
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
JiggamanGh:

If the kids they beat can pass jamb what makes you think that they will not be able to pass jamb.

They might be able to pass UTME....but UTME is tough.
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by lollystiver(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
when I do my jamb finish I score 210 and that same result was sent to my Fone Buh Whn I want to print it out I score 113 What did you guys think had happened
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by gunther6(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
boujaye:
[size=16pt]Nigerians decide wisely...[/size]

Roboto Baggio
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by kilokeys(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Everything Good/positive in West Africa is always Ghana. Why Is GHANA the only civilized country in West Africa.SMH

but not smart enough to start up something like nairaland?

cediland.. yuckk..
we rule and reign.. its nt forced.. its Natural

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by intergral(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
In Nigeria its all about special centres...
Any way am goin to collect my change on saturday!!!! cheesy
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by atlwireles: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Very good, now Nigerians should come and make their loud noise.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Suxes(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Blame GEj For our nigerian students not clinchong the prestigious prizes embarassed
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by OXYGEN011: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
kilokeys:

but not smart enough to start up something like nairaland?

cediland.. yuckk..
we rule and reign.. its nt forced.. its Natural
So starting up a forum makes u smart? What kinda foolishness is this? Dumbass

4 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by MrPresident1: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
sukkot:
tongue

Sire!
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Suxes(m): 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
Jerrick:
Ojoro >sad

wake up to the REALITY
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Abiagirl777(f): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
Why won't they? When the populace opened their mouth to say'even its a nepa bill, I''ll vote for him.what motivation will you and I struggling for our certificates get when certificateless men become presidents.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by sukkot: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

Sire!
cheesy eku igbadun chief grin
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
orirebaby:
and to think of secondary schools paying up to 2mil per session in Nigeria. What are they now teaching them?

Many of those schools are probably prepping students for ICGCSE, International BAC and A-levels. WAEC? What is WAEC?

But in a way...you are right. And that boils down to the way we prepare students from primary school in particular.

If your primary school was bad....then there is nothing you can do....unless by the grace of God....the student will not do well.

Time for improving funds for teacher training colleges....and BTW....we can do as Finland does...and make entry into the Faculty of Educuation restricted to people who score above 260 IN JAMB plus 5 B's and A's at WAEC....and only allow you to teach once you have a Masters. in Education.
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by olawaleteejay: 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
[b][/b]Naija pipu no dey carry last.

Na economy problem we get, coupled with strike @ level.
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by kellyJames5(m): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Congrats to them.
But Waec is some how partial sha!
Why should they be setting simple questions for other countries and giving Nigerian candidates a more difficult ones?.
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by eitsei(m): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
d waec wey i struggle to make an A na im diz ppl get straight A's n even get best results for west Africa...... i doff una o....me cef will soon make history, positive one
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by kilokeys(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
OXYGEN011:
So starting up a forum makes u smart? What kinda foolishness is this? Dumbass

Dumb is.. attacking nigerians on their soil..

u r a bloody slacktivist. no gutso, no charm. full of poison.

awww. God.. we miss Ghanaian cobblers..

1 Like

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by OXYGEN011: 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
kilokeys:

Dumb is.. attacking nigerians on their soil..

u r a bloody slacktivist. no gutso, no charm. full of poison.

awww. God.. we miss Ghanaian cobblers..
nigerians dey clean gutters n latrines 4 Ghana #2015

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by MrPresident1: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
sukkot:
cheesy eku igbadun chief grin

I troway triple twale salute my honoured Sire! grin
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by ssunmane(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
SambisaaForest:
[b]3 Ghanaian students sweep WAEC International Excellence awards[/b
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=110625

Three Ghanaian students on Tuesday in Lagos cart home all the three West African Examinations Council (WAEC) International Excellence Awards for the best candidates that sat for the school examination among the five-member body.

The council at its 63rd Annual Council meeting in Nigerian held at Multipurpose Hall, WAEC International Office, Ikeja, the council honoured the three candidates from Ghana with WAEC International Excellence Awards including cash as well as plaques.

The three Ghanaian students: Hasan Mickail, 17-year-old, Kenyah Blaykyi, 18-year-old and Archibaid Enninful Henry, 18-year-old beat over two million candidates from Nigeria, The Gambia, Sierra Leone and Liberia that sat for the May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

The feat is the fifth in succession by Ghanaian candidates. The last time a Nigerian student won the WAEC International Excellence Award was in 2007 by John Yusuf while in 2010, there were no winners.

In the May/June 2014 WASSCE, Hasan Mickail recorded eight A1s including English Language and Mathematics, to claim first winner, Kenayah Blaykyi, made eight A1s to cart home the second prize and Archibald Enninful Henry recorded similar result emerged 3rd winner. Equally, the three students emerged the best three candidates in WAEC Ghana May/June 2014 WASSCE.

The council in 1984 introduced two categories of awards, International award to be competed for by candidates in more than one member country and National Award restricted in scope to each member nation.

Hasan Mickail, told our Correspondent that he, his parents and school were excited when the news emerged and was waiting to secure admission to read Medicine but was currently teaching in one of the schools in Ghana.

Hasan, who is the third child out five children, revealed that for emerging the best WASSCE candidate in Ghana, the council awarded him a university scholarship.

The second and third place winners also told our Correspondent how they prepared for the May/June WASSCE even as they showered praises on their parents and teachers for the academic success.

The 63rd annual council meeting was to be hosted by Liberia but shifted to Nigeria and it attracted dignitaries including two Liberian ministers, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Augustine Ngufuan, Minister of Education, Mrs. Etmonia Tapeh, the Federal Government was represented by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja, council chairman, Prof Augustine Obanya, Registrar, Mr. Iyi Uwadiae and five Heads of National Office from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Liberia.

(Gabriel Dike)
miracle center

1 Like

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by tomsugar(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
hadizadeezy:
Good for them

But how many A's did dey make each?

Eight A1s
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by efilefun(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
taiwoflb:
See what Buhari has caused

4 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by kilokeys(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
OXYGEN011:
nigerians dey clean gutters n latrines 4 Ghana #2015
and at the same time run Ghana's economy, own real estates on ur soil and still buy champagnes for you at clubs..

stupidity is a global problem.. but ur kind is rare.. a very new strain. i hope WHO has ur case file.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by sukkot: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
MrPresident1:

I troway triple twale salute my honoured Sire! grin

long time my chief. trust you are doing fine wink
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by MrPresident1: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
sukkot:
long time my chief. trust you are doing fine wink

Good to have you back Chief.

Doing quite well here.

We are in the month of Abib/Nisan, any hints?
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by OXYGEN011: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
kilokeys:

and at the same time run Ghana's economy, own real estates on ur soil and still buy champagnes for you at clubs..

stupidity is a global problem.. but ur kind is rare.. a very new strain. i hope WHO has ur case file.
nigerians run Ghana's economy? Hahaha I hr.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by iyrojc(m): 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
SweetyZinta:
hardwork pays bigtime!!!

Nigerians where are you all? Will you let all dis charlie 2go home wit ol d prizes?

Wake up!!
#changeHasArrived

Who will bring the change? Buhari who has no Certificate? I laugh in Japanese
Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
ssunmane:
miracle center

You doubt...?

Some people work hard to get all A's....in WASSCE you know.

So...don't make fun of them OK.? While you were dancing azonto, and playing PlayStation....they were reading their eyes out .

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards by Jimmyo3(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
[size=18pt] undecided

I wish i was born in Ghana. That country seems to be getting it right in all sectors and the only thing we can boast of ahead of ghana is land mass.

Ghana has electricity 247

Ghana has zero tolerance for corruption

Ghanians are peaceful people who are not divided by religious and ethnicity

ghana is safe and protects its citizens

Nigeria's education compared to Ghana is a joke

Nigeria is a Giant on paper. It's citizens have been programmed to suffer and smile to the extent that they dont know their rights as citizens

I visited accra last year and i can say lagos and PH is over hyped.

God bless Ghanaians

God give Nigeria the right leaders to make us develop like Ghana
[/size]
Who told u that, Ghanians have their indifferences,and beside u cant compare the population of ghana to nigeria na,b4 typing something like this u should compare and contrast...GHANA NO NEAR MY GREAT NAIJA 4 ANYTHING.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yabatech Director Omoighe Dies Of COVID-19; Hostels Shut Down / Students Writing Exam On Bare Floor In Ogun State (Photos) / Professor Femi Odekunle Dies Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.